Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Popete posted:

This Mantis release is going to be a disaster, they've clearly done zero balance testing on this thing and it's rife with griefing opportunities.

Can you even select a target to interdict? Does interdiction give the interdicted ship a license to kill you even if you don't attack first?

As i understand, no. Its a "bubble" that grabs all ships in its radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Not sure about heavies. Anyone in a faster ship will just BOOST BOOST BOOST away just like in Elite Dangerous.

i mean i guess you could just use a torpedo bomber to one shot people, cig is GoOd At BaLaNcE

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Agony Aunt posted:

I'm curious how things are going with Sandi after this.

Remember the last time people were mean to her on the internet?

Well when Forbes was mean to her she did jack and poo poo, because the allegations were public record, despite Chris Roberts weak-rear end "uhh I don't remember being strangled" or whatever poo poo he pulled out of his rear end. The Star Citizen Immunity buff wore off a couple of years ago - never again will we see the likes of the Escapist legal threats and posturing. They're keeping their heads down and stealing as much money as they can for as long as they can until this runs out of gas. Star Citizen: Endgame.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

Not sure if i still have the .Rar, i was gonna send some old scans and other documents to Uncle Derek ages ago, but have been told by numerous posters i'm creepy etc etc and don't post it yadda yadda.

People want to see the "Dirt" post it, send it to Derek.... But the same people behind closed doors insist i'm some creepy stalker etc all over some really old scans that are in the Public Domain and can be obtained under Freedom of Information act. Thus pretty much proove Ms Gardiner <- not the last name she used for Schooling/University etc fyi has lied about everything.

The graduation outfit is a big give away, that University used different robes and the certificates were different. Well for the time era that she claims she graduated that is....

Anyhow finally

Ah, so there is no point checking the records then. It is the certificate that gets me. People who graduated well before her and after her have totally different papers. But hey, maybe there was a window where they looked like that.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Anyhow, how bout that uhhhhh buggy race?

Wow, that looks like a full instance.

Found a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6THMQNrAE

Actually not too bad. Not sure why they waiting an hour for the sun to come up, night time driving is fun. Oh... screenshots.

Yeah, i'm going ahead and calling that fun. I like doing the same in ED in SRVs. Except in SRVs we have weapons as well.

EDIT: 5:03... buggy hanging in the air.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, lol, happening all over the place, the physics are borked.

Haha, 7:29 for more physics fun.

Agony Aunt fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 3, 2019

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

Not sure if i still have the .Rar, i was gonna send some old scans and other documents to Uncle Derek ages ago, but have been told by numerous posters i'm creepy etc etc and don't post it yadda yadda.

People want to see the "Dirt" post it, send it to Derek.... But the same people behind closed doors insist i'm some creepy stalker etc all over some really old scans that are in the Public Domain and can be obtained under Freedom of Information act. Thus pretty much proove Ms Gardiner <- not the last name she used for Schooling/University etc fyi has lied about everything.

The graduation outfit is a big give away, that University used different robes and the certificates were different. Well for the time era that she claims she graduated that is....

Anyhow finally

Post that poo poo. If you are a public figure you got to deal with it. There is always the option of getting a job that doesn't require being public. 99.9% of the planet's population are in such jobs.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Counterpoint: Don't post that poo poo.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Counterpoint: Don't post that poo poo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

get banned imo lol

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Don't be a Derek and post docs, be smart.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Agony Aunt posted:

LOL, so much future tense in those responses. Oh well, that's what you get with Tier 0.

I like the one about "defending a homestead"... as in, those homesteads that don't exist despite having sold players land claims and base building ships for lots of money.

But let me get this right, you defend a homestead by taking a weak combat ship and using a device that stops them running away? I see no flaws in that plan.

Why would you even want a 'homestead' when you have a spaceship? Gonna just land my spaceship here on this random plot and build a log cabin.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would you even want a 'homestead' when you have a spaceship? Gonna just land my spaceship here on this random plot and build a log cabin.

gently caress, another Aunt.

Note the comma, i'm not implying you should gently caress another aunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt29SwtWDOs&t=454s

But just think of the gameplay possibilities! (not with the aunt!). Creating your home, setting up farming, spending your days growing crops and milking cows.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

just came by to say :honk:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

"Kayak wake up I need to get a picture"

ban this sexy filth

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Bootcha,

You got your death threats in the mail yet ? Ortwin parked outside you house giving you the stink eye?

Phone calls from calders wanting to talk about there investment?

Hell would not be surprised that some one from the British art scheme that gives CIG all those tax credits hasn't called

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit: posted:

At no point were they not aware that the game was crowd funded, and they did understand what that actually meant for their money - it's a risk. This is something that everyone knows, everywhere. And the only circumstance that someone would think that a refund was the right thing to do was in the case of malicious fraud, an idea that you and your gang actively promoted all over Reddit even though you knew it was false.

Emphasis theirs.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Can't wait for Fandred to do another 180 and shill for Star Citizen again

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/BoredGamerUK/status/1179719204599193602

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/latest-announcements/annual-companies-house-report

tldr:
Company raised a further £17m from a minority equity investment, the UK part of the $46M worldwide investment into the Cloud Imperium Group made in 2018.
Group turnover has increased in 2018 to £17.9m (2017: £16.96m)
Costs have also risen to £21.4m (2017: £18.2m)

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 3, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DigitalPenny posted:

Bootcha,

You got your death threats in the mail yet ? Ortwin parked outside you house giving you the stink eye?

Phone calls from calders wanting to talk about there investment?

Hell would not be surprised that some one from the British art scheme that gives CIG all those tax credits hasn't called

Hold out for that HBO cash!

Also: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/oct/02/revealed-global-video-games-giants-avoiding-millions-in-uk-tax-sony-sega

Edit: wait wait wait....the Calders put in MORE money, or they’ve burned seventeen million quid?

Hav fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 3, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dark Off posted:

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/latest-announcements/annual-companies-house-report

tldr:
Company raised a further £17m from a minority equity investment, the UK part of the $46M worldwide investment into the Cloud Imperium Group made in 2018.

lol they are burning like $26 million on just their european branches, burn rate has to be 50m a year right now for the entire thing

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Sillybones posted:

Same. I've been on the lookout and I still haven't found any degrees that look like that around.

I don't know, it's a well established fact she can't act for poo poo and that photo is the only time I've ever seen her look genuinely happy.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Dark Off posted:

tldr:

Just a minor point, but wtf is this. "Letter to Companies House".

They were supposed to have filed their actual full audited annual accounts with Companies House by the end of September. I don't think posting an open letter of what roughly constitutes the director's report on your website will fulfil the legal requirement.

I assume they are filing the actual accounts soon. Seems to be breaking the news early that they sure didn't have £17m in cash (as at 31 December 2018) despite originally saying that the £17m outside investment was purely for SQ42 launch, since now the revised story will have always been, "to provide added security and additional funds to allow it to push the games to fruition and market them to a wider audience"

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

It strikes me as weird that all of Sandi's 'auditions' require her to get a fake tattoo.

She should stop being coy and just get a real tattoo that says 'Ask me about my audition' or '#ACTERSS'

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bargearse posted:

I don't know, it's a well established fact she can't act for poo poo and that photo is the only time I've ever seen her look genuinely happy.

Someone is pointing a camera at her and she's almost centre-frame. Of course she's happy.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dementropy posted:

Cattes from yesteryears:

:3:

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

(Also also- Mimi)

:3:

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

Ah, so there is no point checking the records then. It is the certificate that gets me. People who graduated well before her and after her have totally different papers. But hey, maybe there was a window where they looked like that.

For the year that she claims, they hadn't been changed nor looked like the pieces of toilet paper she was happily holding in the picture... Her and the Gent whom i know the name of were also registered at the same modeling studio back in the day.

here in Aus you can back-order old high school year books. If you know the year and school and company that was hired to do the end of year book, you can also do the same with modelling agency's model book they send out to various places to get there models work be it magazine, background character's or even roles on tv series. Pretty interesting in a rather creepy way.... ;)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dark Off posted:

tldr:

So, £17M is $21M, right? (lol, you UK goons really hosed up). It's good to see that the branch that got 46% of the equity investment had costs of only £21.4M.

If we extrapolate a bit, the total costs for the whole group are £47M or $58M. :cool: That's a lot of JPEGs

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

Pretty interesting in a rather creepy way.... ;)

Mostly creepy tho

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: The Eradictor — Star Citizen: Sandi Gardiner’s importance to the project

TheEradictor and a guest who watched the first 10 minutes of the latest Sunk Cost Galaxy offer their informed rebuttal.

...aaaaand it’s a a 22 minute, full throated defense of nepotism. The host doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Chris and Sandi’s origin story is included is to demonstrate how ridden with contradictions and lies it is. Which begs questions about their credibility as leaders of “the most open and transparent company in gaming.”

It’s too bad they ignored the latter 50 minutes. It would’ve been interesting to hear whether TheEradicator was troubled even once by later points made.

REDDIT: “This video is literally hurt my feelings...”

Crashdown77 posted:

This video is literally hurt my feelings as he use facts to spread his negative views on this great project, this is the worse kind of fake news. Sunk Cost Galaxy is also obviously openly jealous of the success of Chris and his beautiful wife , like they're not entitled to buy a nice house since they work very hard as CEOs of a very successful game.

I don't understand why she can't be both actress and CEO of a game company at the same times by the way, many Americans have several jobs to make ends meet and it's especially commun for struggling actors, she deserve our support and applauses for her efforts.

This video should be removed from the reddit sub, as impressionable supporters could get the wrong impression . Also kick out the people who upvoted this video , constructive critic is appreciated here but anything that can put doubt in this great project and Chris should be eliminated.

If you have doubts , look at all the amazing screenshot posts with poetic praises of the game (some of them literally bring tears to my eyes), this is the real Star Citizen with its amazing community, not entitled individuals who don't understand game development and don't appreciate the miracle this project really is.

Last but not least the disloyal ex-supporter who made this video should return his Wing Commander pilote mask to CIG, he isn't worthy of this honour.

This guy is a pullquote jukebox!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: The Eradictor — Star Citizen: Sandi Gardiner’s importance to the project

TheEradictor and a guest who watched the first 10 minutes of the latest Sunk Cost Galaxy offer their informed rebuttal.

...aaaaand it’s a a 22 minute, full throated defense of nepotism. The host doesn’t seem to realize that the reason Chris and Sandi’s origin story is included is to demonstrate how ridden with contradictions and lies it is. Which begs questions about their credibility as leaders of “the most open and transparent company in gaming.”

It’s too bad they ignored the latter 50 minutes. It would’ve been interesting to hear whether TheEradicator was troubled even once by later points made.

quote:

he use facts to spread his negative views on this great project, this is the worse kind of fake news

:thunk:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

SCG video commenter posted:

I originally wrote this overly lengthy comment for DaGaimez channel, where he went over this vid. I decided I'd might as well put it here too. Sorry for the long read, should you bother to go through it all. This is just my opinion:

After watching the foreword episode of the Sunk Cost Galaxy I had to comment this: To me It sounds like Bootcha felt like he was entitled to have a hand on the wheel at CIG because he spent an insane amount of backer money, but now feels scorn after he realized CIG has no obligation towards him. I have given a lot more money than I'd like to say to Star Citizen too, but never once have I ever made myself believe that this money was a safe investment, or made me entitled to anything. This money went to help CR create HIS dream, not my dream. I gave money because I liked his dream. Even If he pisses it all away, my loss. That was always clear to me, that's the deal. Now, since I like the progress that's been made with Star Citizen, I've given more money over the years, but I've always been fully aware of the reality of the deal. It's not my money anymore, I'm not entitled to anything, Im not even investing into something solid. The money I give is given based on a mans dream. Once it's given, it's gone. It's in the deal. People should realize this before they give their money away and stop complaining when it doesn't go their way.
Now with that being said, I'm not one who just throws my money at something without getting something in return. I get to play the game as it's developed and I get to try out different ships, but that's it. I'm not entitled to anything more and I'm okay with that.

After I saw episode 7 of this Sunk Cost Galaxy, I first of all have to say that when Bootcha said he wish the project would crash and burn, I just lost all respect there and then. I just can't understand what obsession some people have with wanting this game to crash and burn. They justify it by saying they want to warn people and cry scam and all that, but people that have put their money into this all knew from the start that it was a risk. A risk with a hope and a dream that it will succeed. Why in the name of all that is holy is it so difficult to just respect that? There's people that haven't even seen anything from the game or spent a single dime on it, condemning those that believe in it, wishing it to fail. And for what? A hope to one day be able to point the finger and say I told you so? I commented this in his channel as well.

As for Sandi Gardiner, I agree that the conflict of interest is not good. Bootcha did a fine job highlighting many aspects of CIG, but he is quite obviously not neutral or unbiased as he claims to be. That much is clear to me. If I am to see this from a business point of view, then I don't see any problem with Sandi other than her conflict of interest. No matter her background, story, that she's married to CR or how she got hired in the first place, fact of the matter is that she's the VP of a marketing department that as of now has raised over $236, 000, 000 for the most successful crowdfunded game development project in history. And the money keeps coming. If we are to view this purely from a business perspective as you said, then this is what matters. Yes Ben Lesnick might have been the brains behind it all from the start, but From a business perspective, the money speaks for itself and it says that whoever is leading the marketing department is doing a helluva job. But we're not really seeing this from a business perspective now are we? If we truly were, than we wouldn't be discussing such things as how Sandi Gardiner met Chris R. or how she wanted the position as VP of marketing and how she got there eventually and so on, such topics Bootcha is discussing in his "completely neutral and unbiased documentary". From a pure business point of view, business is good, it's $236 000 000 kinda good.
Personally I'm getting tired of vids and articles from people that are so focused in their hate for Star Citizen, claiming that it'll fail, saying it's all going south, then their "evidence" is mainly based around Chris and Sandi's personal life and how apparently horrible persons they must be. Well, even if they were, business is good. Money is coming into CIG, the game is being made. I must also say that I really feel for Sandi and Chris in the sense that, just because Chris started this project which his wife is now the VP of marketing for, it doesn't mean that suddenly their entire personal life is up for grabs. Like that incredible piece of barf Forbes magazine printed a while back. For some reason, some backers seem to think that as soon as they've made a pledge for Star Citizen, they are entitled to know everything about Chris and Sandi. Well you're not! You might fool yourselves into believing it's relevant to the project, but it's not. We apparently live in a time now when we stick our noses so far up other peoples a**holes, that we don't even notice how much our own s**t stinks. I don't think anyone has a perfect personal background without skeletons in their closet. Who among us has a job where your employer thinks how you met your husband or wife is relevant for how you perform at work? This is what Forbes implied. Now, it might seem like I'm shilling for Sandi. Well, yes and no.
I do think it's problematic that shes not around for such crucial marketing events as CitCon. I also think it's problematic that shes so deeply invested in her acting career that it's taking focus away from her job at CIG. If anything, I would hope that she would get a wake up call after this has been pointed out to her.

However, I do not agree with the implications that Sandi has nothing to do at CIG, that she's simply there to collect her paycheck. Even though I miss seeing Ben Lesnick on Thursdays (I really like him and thinks he seems like a genuinely awesome guy), I also think Sandi improved upon the show ten fold. I think she has brought a charisma to the shows we see and that is also important for marketing. She said she's good at selling and I believe her. So she didn't know what SOE stands for, REEEEE! I have worked in sales myself a number of years previously in my life and I've had colleagues that barely knew the ins and outs of the tech they where selling, but never underestimate a nice smile and a firm handshake, because drat some of them could sell sand in the dessert. Now, I'm not saying that Sandi is in fact a marketing genius, but I think Bootcha has a far to narrow view of what necessarily makes for a good sales person. I believe Sandi Gardiner is good, she sold me into Star Citizen together with Ben Lesnick on a youtube show so long ago. I've now been a backer since 2015, never missed a show. I would be truly sad if Sandi didn't show up at CitCon this year, because to me, she is the nice smile and a firm handshake of Star Citizen. She opens the deal and Chris Roberts lands it. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't show though, to be honest, if I were her, I probably wouldn't. After all the way-below-the-belt articles, I would probably need a break away from it all. She was "caught" saying in this Sunk Cost Galaxy "documentary" that backers sometimes whines and get a little bit entitled. Well yes. We do. We complain and many act quite entitled, to the extreme in some cases, bordering on harassment. Sandi still shouldn't say this about her customers though, that is a big no-no, but everyone that has ever worked with customers has thought it or said it at some time. I don't believe it was intentionally though, if it was, we wouldn't need for Bootcha to dig it out from some old archive before we even heard of it. In any case, Sandi Gardiner, at this point, has my full understanding and I hope she'll still be around for CitCon.

In the end, I personally don't believe that Sandi and Chris has jumped ship as some has implied. I think the explanation to why they're not in the spotlight as much these day is simply because of SQ42. CR is busy getting it ready for beta 2020 and Sandi Gardiner is busy preparing the marketing she recently got some extra funds for. One of my high hopes is that we will see Ben Lesnick again soon, I really liked him. I even had the pleasure of meeting him at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim some years ago and he was the nicest guy :)

As far as Bootchas documentary goes, I think it's well done, but it has too much of "Derpek Snart" in it for my taste.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 3, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

That has to be somebody doing a bit lol, it's too perfect

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agony Aunt posted:

Wow, that looks like a full instance.

Found a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6THMQNrAE

Actually not too bad. Not sure why they waiting an hour for the sun to come up, night time driving is fun. Oh... screenshots.

Yeah, i'm going ahead and calling that fun. I like doing the same in ED in SRVs. Except in SRVs we have weapons as well.

EDIT: 5:03... buggy hanging in the air.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, lol, happening all over the place, the physics are borked.

Haha, 7:29 for more physics fun.

Also there's no goddamn object collision checking aside of the surface of the planet. There are hundreds of small pebbles and yet all these (play) cars slide around smoothly and turn on the spot even with their tiny wheels (which should, from physics PoV, transfer the collision more, that's why rovers have big wheels, CIG). Even in Elite you can really feel every rock you hit even on high-G planets (where you don't slide around when you lose contact with ground somewhere). This feels just... fake. Maybe fun for a while, but noticeably fake.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

Emphasis theirs.

We are a gang? So, who is the capo dei capi?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

On my, the comments. Some people apparently don't want to know how their money is being spent.

Ignorance is bliss i guess.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

G0RF posted:

I honestly thought he was one of us trolling. Is this guy legit? Because if so lololololol

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agony Aunt posted:

We are a gang? So, who is the capo dei capi?