Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

nielsm posted:

At least you always have the option to jump to another time and then back to the starting point of the location you went too far in.

This is true. It would be faster jumping to the start point, instead of walking with the extra effort of mechanisms there and back again, in most of the areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

This episode covers the second and final part of the Da Vinci Studio. I had a couple of issues within this recording, I encountered a graphical glitch and there's a small edit as I forgot that I had a biochip that translates languages.

I've already recorded the next episode which was an experience for a variety of reasons. I will probably record the rest of the game this afternoon as I'm very close to the end. There will only be a couple of bonus videos for Buried In Time, I want to cover the death\ending sequences and any other missing sequences.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Those scribbles over the Codex Atlanticus seem to relate to design of the cathode ray tube and possibly decoding of color signals in TV broadcast or similar.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I have no idea who that is.
Bob Vila's basically the original home improvement show host.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How does Gage press all those tiny buttons inside his helmet

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

How does Gage press all those tiny buttons inside his helmet

Maybe they're all tongue operated? That could explain why we never hear him speak when he's inside of the suit.

I'm pretty much at the end of the game now. It's been a very long time since I was at this point in the game and I have absolutely no bearings of where I am or what I'm doing at this point. I'm taking a break before I dive back in again.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'm amused that I thought: "Wow, Arthur's auditioning for the part of the Crypt Keeper" just seconds before "Too many episodes of Tales from the Crypt."

I also think I've got the plot figured: someone's hiding the recipes for time travel stuff in a bunch of historical artifacts so aliens can buy them when they're being sold from the Louvre. At least, that's what I'd presume, to tie it back together with the news reports from the start of the game. Otherwise I have no idea what the point of all these shenanigans are.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 30, 2019

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh snap, that's clever, I thought it was just some jerkwad with a grudge against Blackwood essentially committing historical vandalism and pinning it on him.
Also Arthur has been watching way too much 20th century American television, but it is nice to meet an AI who isn't insane and/or evil, just friendly and pleasant but kind of irritating sometimes, just like the rest of us.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Arthur just wants to get out there and see time and space. He's kinda like an extra-talky Doctor Who companion.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

PurpleXVI posted:

I also think I've got the plot figured: someone's hiding the recipes for time travel stuff in a bunch of historical artifacts so aliens can buy them when they're being sold from the Louvre. At least, that's what I'd presume, to tie it back together with the news reports from the start of the game. Otherwise I have no idea what the point of all these shenanigans are.

There are three episodes left of this LP, everything comes out in the final two episodes. I don't know whether to re-record them now that I know all of the facts or just keep to my initial dumb reaction as my brain kinda melted with the information overload.

I'll upload the next episode tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 1, 2019

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This episode covers the second and final part of Chichén Itzá. Now that we have finished exploring the other time zones, we should have everything that we need to open up the temples in the underworld.

I'm going to update the bio section over the course of the next few days.

I've also started to record another playthrough so I can try to capture anything that I missed. If there's anything specific that I've missed then please let me know. I've recorded as far as completing the Farnstein Station segment again, I'm not sure if there are any other ending sequences other than running out of oxygen.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

That's a whole lot of unrelated junk you brought back home from the past isn't it?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
I like Arthur's attempt at explaining the adventure game logic of the altars that know what you're putting on them.

"uhhhhhhhh acolytes in the walls, totally"

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

nielsm posted:

That's a whole lot of unrelated junk you brought back home from the past isn't it?

I almost brought the skulls back home with me too.

PurpleXVI posted:

I like Arthur's attempt at explaining the adventure game logic of the altars that know what you're putting on them.

"uhhhhhhhh acolytes in the walls, totally"

Yeah... When Arthur pitched the idea about acolytes in the walls I was going to raise some questions, but I've been doing this long enough to just let these games just do their thing and not worry too much.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

I've also started to record another playthrough so I can try to capture anything that I missed. If there's anything specific that I've missed then please let me know. I've recorded as far as completing the Farnstein Station segment again, I'm not sure if there are any other ending sequences other than running out of oxygen.

Did you record what happens if you try to get Arthur a second time?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

whitehelm posted:

Did you record what happens if you try to get Arthur a second time?

I didn't. To be honest, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind. I've just recorded it now though, thank you for the suggestion.

I'm going to try to record the majority of footage this evening and over the weekend.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Please tell me he start arguing with himself. It would be so beautiful.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
If I remember correctly, if you try to go back, Arthur will basically say "That would be a really bad idea. You're the time traveler; you should know that."

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Arthur has a fair amount to say on the subject, I won't spoil anything surrounding it though. I will be uploading the bonus footage after the main LP. In regards to the bonus footage, compared to the lengthy amount of recording for Pegasus Prime, I seem to be on the verge of completing everything that I set out to do with Buried In Time in one evening.

I'll list what I have so far minus the locations that we have yet to visit in the main LP. I'd be very grateful if anyone can point anything out that I'm missing.

Farnstein Labs:
Ending: Losing Oxygen. Extra: The Arthur Paradox.

Château Gaillard:
Endings: Guard in first tower, sliding down the roof, getting hit by the catapult, cow, not cloaking in the tower and the guard in the second tower.

Da Vinci Studios:
Ending: Falling down the empty stairwell. Extras: Firing the mortar.

Chichén Itzá
Endings: Walking down the pyramid, falling down the pit, death by spikes, death by falling, death by poison. Extra: Getting trapped in the temple of wealth.

There are two more updates, I'll list what I have for each one when they happen. The next update should be tomorrow, it will also include another small image dump as I forgot to explore one of the biochips at the start of the game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Da Vinci Studios:
Ending: Falling down the empty stairwell. Extras: Firing the mortar.

Does "mortar" mean that multi-barreled shotgun cannon in the yard?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

Does "mortar" mean that multi-barreled shotgun cannon in the yard?

This thing:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can also fire the multi-gun, but you have to stand in front of it. Results are predictable.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

You can also fire the multi-gun, but you have to stand in front of it. Results are predictable.

Thank you for the info, I'll go back in to find it shortly.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Gage finds out who the rogue agent is and who they are working for. Also, more Geno! There is a Biochip called "Files" which I didn't explore at the start of the game, we had to make use of it in this episode and I discovered that it contains more information on the TSA as well as profiles on all of the agents.

Background

Development Of Technology

The Jumpsuit

Founding Of TSA

Divisions Of TSA

Agent Dossiers

Agent 1 - Yakamura, Gail (Security Unit)

Agent 2 - Geddy, Neil (Security Unit)

Agent 3 - Visard, Michelle (Research Unit)

Agent 4 - Carver, Allan (Security Unit)

Agent 5 - Blackwood, Gage (Research Unit)

Agent 6 - O'Rourke, Roger (Research Unit)

Agent 7 - Flores, Silene (Security Unit)

Agent 8 - Warner, Marcus (Security Unit)

Agent 9 - Yasignova, Vladich (Security Unit)

Agent 10 - Walsh, Tamara (Research Unit)

Jumpsuit Overview

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
oof. 2019, huh?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This is why you don't give all the poo poo jobs to one employee.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Fish Noise posted:

oof. 2019, huh?

I don't think that this prediction became reality, I'm not sure that I want to dig too deeply though.

Hwurmp posted:

This is why you don't give all the poo poo jobs to one employee.

Gage gets to hang out at Da Vinci's, Roger gets to learn about agricultural advancements in China and Tamara gets to see the fall of the Berlin Wall. Michelle gets to see the holocaust, nuclear destruction and massacres. I would be pretty pissed off about this too.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

oof. 2019, huh?

:tinfoil: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baghuz_Fawqani

quote:

On 11 March, ISIL fought back with suicide attacks — four jihadists assaulted SDF positions, setting off their explosive belts, though only succeeding in damaging a "minesweeper," according to the SDF.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Hah, I wasn't entirely expecting to be right, but boom!

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013
At least now we know where The Fifth Element and The Crimes of Grindelwald got their plot twists from.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The last episode will be uploaded tomorrow, it's a whopping twelve minutes long so I will upload the two bonus videos alongside it. The intro videos for Legacy Of Time are over eleven minutes long combined.

I've conducted a test recording of JMP3 with a new microphone, the quality is better than my old one but the gain levels are garbage and are going to need some fine-tuning before I commit to anything.

Welp...

PurpleXVI posted:

Hah, I wasn't entirely expecting to be right, but boom!

I almost mentioned something but I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The final episode of Buried In Time. I'm not going to spoil anything apart from Gage's smug face. Legacy Of Time will start either at the end of the week or the beginning of next week.

Seeing as this is only twelve minutes long I thought that I would upload the bonus videos alongside it.

Bonus Videos: Death & Ending Sequences

Farnstein Station: Running Out Of Oxygen
Château Gaillard: Guard In First Tower, Death By Catapult, Jumping Onto The Roof, Death By Cow, Caught In The Kings Chamber, Guard In The Second Tower.
Da Vinci Studio: Falling Down The Stairwell.
Chichén Itzá: Walking Down The Pyramid Steps, Incorrect Calendar Date, Death By Spikes, Death By Falling, Death By Poison.
Missile Silo: Running Out Of Time, Wrong Teleporter Prefix.
Krynn: Using Another Teleporter, Taking The Left Path, Forgetting To Cloak, Keeping The Tunnel Open, Failing The Final Scene.

Additional Scenes

Farnstein Station: The Arthur Paradox, A Waste Of Cheese.
Da Vinci Studio: Playing With Leonardo's Toys.
Chichén Itzá: Temple Of Wealth Trickery.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Todd McCormick definitely won the role of Gage on the strength of that smugface

e: the Translate biochip does actually work on the Krynn telepod voice. If it's activated when you enter a pod, the voice will be translated to "THIS TRANSPORTER SET FOR ORGANIC AND INORGANIC MATTER," or just "INORGANIC MATTER" for the adventure-game-bullshit-death pods.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 8, 2019

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Congratulations on completing this game too! The Journeyman Project 3 was my favorite in the series, so it's going to be interesting seeing what everyone thinks about that.

As for why the teleporter didn't teleport the ambassador away: as we can see from the death sequences, the teleporters on the side appear to be set to work on inert matter only (like Icarus' prosthetics, rendering him (h)armless :v: ).

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

Todd McCormick definitely won the role of Gage on the strength of that smugface

e: the Translate biochip does actually work on the Krynn telepod voice. If it's activated when you enter a pod, the voice will be translated to "THIS TRANSPORTER SET FOR ORGANIC AND INORGANIC MATTER," or just "INORGANIC MATTER" for the adventure-game-bullshit-death pods.

Thank you for the info, I wasn't aware that the translator biochip worked with vocals. Todd McCormick doesn't return for the third game, unfortunately. The mind-wipe seems to have changed his personality and face.

radintorov posted:

Congratulations on completing this game too! The Journeyman Project 3 was my favorite in the series, so it's going to be interesting seeing what everyone thinks about that.

As for why the teleporter didn't teleport the ambassador away: as we can see from the death sequences, the teleporters on the side appear to be set to work on inert matter only (like Icarus' prosthetics, rendering him (h)armless :v: ).

You've just reminded me about the image dump on page three, something that I should have boned up on before recording the last episode. I forgot that the Krynn are aided with prosthetics and cybernetics.

I have a tentative first episode for Legacy Of Time recorded, it's going to take a while to get used to a new set up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I was wondering if the suits the actors were wearing were supposed to be so Robot from Lost in Space but going by the death montage they were supposed to actually look like something useful. I guess they were committed once they decided to show other time cops but leaving the "bio suit" or whatever from the first game more up to the imagination at least avoided people wearing trash cans :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I think Icarus' plan kind of has a flaw, if they went back in time and changed it so they were a superior species, thus not needing time travel ever, wouldn't they cause a universe-breaking paradox? :v: Like if they never needed the time travel tech, they would never have acquired the time travel tech, and thus would never have been changed so they didn't need the time travel tech, so they would have tried to acquire the time travel tech...

Also, for the Farnsworth Station bit, if you already know exactly what to do, is it possible to complete it without picking up Arthur? I forget if he actually unlocks some stuff for you or just gives you the hints you need. Because it occurs to me that if it's the latter case, since you need him in the missile silo, you could dead-man-walking yourself there.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

I was wondering if the suits the actors were wearing were supposed to be so Robot from Lost in Space but going by the death montage they were supposed to actually look like something useful. I guess they were committed once they decided to show other time cops but leaving the "bio suit" or whatever from the first game more up to the imagination at least avoided people wearing trash cans :v:

You can clearly see the actors struggling to move in the suits, yet we're meant to believe that they can climb ropes like a gymnast.

PurpleXVI posted:

Also, for the Farnsworth Station bit, if you already know exactly what to do, is it possible to complete it without picking up Arthur? I forget if he actually unlocks some stuff for you or just gives you the hints you need. Because it occurs to me that if it's the latter case, since you need him in the missile silo, you could dead-man-walking yourself there.

Bad news everybody, I forgot to include the footage with the bonus video and I've deleted the recordings. If you say no to Arthur he just sits there and sulks until you press the "yes" buttons. You need Arthur to get to the missile silo, he has the voice activation to open the part of the station containing the sculpture.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kibayasu posted:

It looks more sci-fi considering the time machine's entirely contained in the suit. Plus it fits with their organization's aesthetic; It's a sealed, cloaked, armorsuit. Sufficient protection to go anywhere, during any era, while leaving minimal presence that might disrupt the timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Gage has just been told that he is under contract to appear in a third JMP game, doesn't he look excited? I have genuinely fond memories of this game and I'm excited to get this started. The first eleven and a half minutes are compromised of two intro videos and some key events appear quickly during the short game time. I'm still trying to get used to the new mic so it may take me a little while to tweak things into something more balanced. And I know that I've said it before but I will try to update the bios this weekend.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Oct 12, 2019