Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Goonfunded anime when? It can be MMD CG and made by some guy in a basement. Just like kemono friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

:perfect:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

...welp. now i have to do 2 pages worth of bonus updates tonight.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Mr. Steak posted:

...welp. now i have to do 2 pages worth of bonus updates tonight.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What a catch 22 for the NEET. Sad that you can't just use money to get a photo ID.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wait, Japan has robotic toilets but their hotels still just use standard cylinder locks and keys??

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and that's the bonus updates :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he's going to regret skipping the beer

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

PokeJoe posted:

he's going to regret skipping the beer

He's not going to laugh as much when he goes to post on GBS later.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The amount of cash he’s carrying around is making me anxious.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

best bale posted:

The amount of cash he’s carrying around is making me anxious.

i am yelling BANKAI!!!! constanstly in my head since he came out of jail. Idk if japan is more of a physical cash society :/

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Huh, can you not get a photo ID as an ex-con in Japan or something?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Fun fact about banks, at least here in America. You can’t sign up for an account without an address to give them. No place to live, no bank account.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Big Mackson posted:

i am yelling BANKAI!!!! constanstly in my head since he came out of jail. Idk if japan is more of a physical cash society :/

When I did a fellowship in Japan they gave us our stipend in cash and told us to just keep it that way because crime is low and opening a bank account is very difficult as a foreigner

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Huh, can you not get a photo ID as an ex-con in Japan or something?

Ziv Zulander posted:

Fun fact about banks, at least here in America. You can’t sign up for an account without an address to give them. No place to live, no bank account.

same for a photo id, and same in japan. which is gonna be tohru's problem getting an id

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
How many yen did Tohru get originally?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hyphz posted:

idk, what'd i put?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

hyphz posted:

The $5000 he got originally (IIRC) is about 500000 yen, and $20,000 is around 2 million yen.

For looking at yen to USD a quick and dirty conversion is to just shift the decimal point over two spaces; 1 dollar is about 100 yen.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bored at work and no backup panels to post >__>

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

I read this every morning while pooping before anything else. You have no idea how short and valuable that time is to me but sir it is yours.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

Mr. Steak posted:

GUESS YOU GOTTA TRANSLATE MORE THEN.

Is this only really one of several arcs?

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
I'm already excited for OPs translation of the work arc after this

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm excited for OP to be chained to this thread for the rest of his days, translating Ms paint sketches in exchange for shitposts

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
He knew what he was signing up for when he posted the thread. :colbert:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

I'm excited for OP to be chained to this thread for the rest of his days, translating Ms paint sketches in exchange for shitposts

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

We won't be satisfied until he spends so much time translating that he gets fired from his job.

The he will finally be the NEET.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

SirSamVimes posted:

We won't be satisfied until he spends so much time translating that he gets fired from his job.

The he will finally be the NEET.

SA Forums Arc

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Mr Steak, do you know if the original artist updated several of the arcs at once, or finished one and then went back? Cos juggling a whole load of branches might explain their update schedule.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lofi posted:

Mr Steak, do you know if the original artist updated several of the arcs at once, or finished one and then went back? Cos juggling a whole load of branches might explain their update schedule.

yes, all incomplete arcs update 1 panel a day

at this point, the same number of panels were posted in the part-timer arc

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 8, 2019

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Big Mackson posted:

Did you mean "baka" or were you hoping he materialized the spirit of his sword into the real world?

Japan is more of physical cash society, though in transition. I think this comic is a few years back though, right?

I (technically) worked for the Japanese government before, and even they just pay you in cash. It's how they do in Japan. You just get an envelope of cash.

Banks are hell. Signing up for online banking is nearly impossible. Getting a card you can use online is nearly impossible - I had to do it through a department store instead of the bank. And the ATMs close on weekends and after 18:00 because the machines need to sleep, but salarymen don't.

Japan is pretty safe though. If you drop you're wallet, you'll almost certainly get it back.
Unless a shameless foreigner finds it first.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

same for a photo id, and same in japan. which is gonna be tohru's problem getting an id

Wait, wait, to get somewhere to live, you need a photo id, but to get an id you need somewhere to live?

I believe you. gently caress.

Also, this goddamned comic is giving me life. Like the art is all scribbly, but there's parts where you know he has chops. Certain poses and compositions are amazing.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

Wait, Japan has robotic toilets but their hotels still just use standard cylinder locks and keys??

Japan is a land of technological contrasts. I stayed in a hotel in Tokyo just last year and they were in the middle of renovating to replace the cylinder key locks.

See also: Bullet trains, but also taxi cabs where the driver opens the passenger door with a string on a pulley.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well, Tohru has officially overcome something I can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i had to reteach myself how to do long division for this update. these are the ways i struggle for this thread!

(also, somehow i managed to get the converted numbers to divide evenly into just 1 number off from the japanese text which said 384)

edit: the math is correct now, lol

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Oct 8, 2019