Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Being Matthew Mercer seems really stressful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
:ughh:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This is so loving dumb.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Wow, I would've expected the thing to make Critical Role would've been something like the cast's schedules making the show unfeasible to film. Never expected a Wendy's one shot would cause this much drama.

This seems like more drama than when Orion left the show.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The problem they have is that the show is so big now, no matter what they do they'll end up pissing off a section of the fanbase and while it may only be like, 1% of fans, that's going to be thousands of people at this point so it will always be Loud.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Nemo2342 posted:

For those who don't want to get the PDF.

Well, there's the lame aspect of this corporate RPG that I knew had to be around there somewhere. Now that's some proper BS.

Deadmeat99 posted:

As a conservative person who enjoys CR greatly this would be ideal. CR is a weekly escape from the real world and when politics starts to invade their shows (I swore off reading the cast Twitter feeds long ago) it kills the fun. I just want to watch some talented people tell a good Dungeons and Dragons story and they are the best at it.

I'm on the other side generally being super liberal, but I can certainly relate having been into something and found out some key people involved with it are hyper conservative.''

Also super lame that they're disappearing the episode, I only caught it after the break and now I know I missed out on so many Ego puns.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 8, 2019

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Did anyone happen to get the VoD before it was taken down?

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
You can’t please everyone all the time, so stop trying. Sometimes you just gotta be numb. One corporate sponsorship isn’t going to be what fells this behemoth.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I guess there's no hope of getting a "How Do You Want to Chew This?" hoodie now, is there? :sigh:

NowonSA posted:

Well, there's the lame aspect of this corporate RPG that I knew had to be around there somewhere. Now that's some proper BS.

Honestly, I really don't see what's so bad about it. The whole tome was written in a pretty tongue-in-cheek manner, and inserting blatant advertising and reinforcement of that advertising in to the rules is just more of the same. It's not like it'd be hard to house rules it so that it applies to any particular food you want, or just ignore it altogether. It's one addendum to the rules. It'd be much worse if it was a core part of the game in some fashion that'd be awkward or outright impossible to work around.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Yeah, there is nothing particularly wrong with the corporatisation of the ruleset as far as I'm concerned, because the corporatisation is the joke. As the 'poke fun at ourselves in a knowing way as an advert' format goes it's well done and about as inoffensive as you can get. The problem with the whole thing is the corporation behind it enrichens some pretty awful people. That's the 'proper BS' part.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STveMGx9QZ0
This should be good.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Well, hell

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Ify Nwadine was pretty stellar during the Feast of Legend's one shot, and really committed to the role as well as bringing a lot of humor to the table and just having good chemistry with everyone there so I'm wondering what the chances are that Critical Role would ever start a "B-Team" stream? I imagine it's pretty slim, since people gathered to the group for the existing dynamic and broadening it out with a second team risks diluting that formula after it's worked so well for them as well it seeming like it might be hard to find a second DM who could, or would even want to try to stand in Matt's shadow, but Critical Role has had some pretty cool guests between the bits of Campaign One I've seen, along with Campaign Two. Ify Nwadine, Ashly Burch and Sumalee Montano would seem like a good starting point for a second team just based on guests I've seen. I'd add Deborah Ann Woll to that list as well, but she seems happy DM'ing Relics & Rarities for Geek and Sundry, so I doubt she'd want to jump ship to what is effectively the competition now.

Still, with all the extra content they put up, the Handbooker Helper, MAME Drop, the Yee-Haw Game Ranch, Talks Machina, Behind the Sheets and Pub Draw it seems a bit strange they haven't at least tried to add a secondary D'n'D Live Play or Live Play of another TTRPG property, to add more persistent long-form content of the same rough variety as what they're known for.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
This undeadwood thing may be them tipping their toes into those waters. I think they have the right approach so far, people have bought into CR in large part because they really like the cast, so it's tricky to launch another proper campaign (even if it's in another system) that doesn't feature at least some of them, and that's a lot to juggle I think.

Almost everything they've done so far has been "CR cast and we're doing X, Y or Z" and it hasn't really gone poorly for them so far.

Those CR game sessions are also a pretty big amount of content every week, I wouldn't be in a big rush to basically double that and ask the fans to come along for that, as a regular thing. I mean, I would, but it seems risky.

There's also the aspect that the weekly main CR campaign is absolutely the golden goose that the company is built around, I'd tread very lightly on the concept of getting another campaign going, even fif it's mostly or entirely a different set of people.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

NowonSA posted:

This undeadwood thing may be them tipping their toes into those waters. I think they have the right approach so far, people have bought into CR in large part because they really like the cast, so it's tricky to launch another proper campaign (even if it's in another system) that doesn't feature at least some of them, and that's a lot to juggle I think.

Almost everything they've done so far has been "CR cast and we're doing X, Y or Z" and it hasn't really gone poorly for them so far.

Those CR game sessions are also a pretty big amount of content every week, I wouldn't be in a big rush to basically double that and ask the fans to come along for that, as a regular thing. I mean, I would, but it seems risky.

There's also the aspect that the weekly main CR campaign is absolutely the golden goose that the company is built around, I'd tread very lightly on the concept of getting another campaign going, even fif it's mostly or entirely a different set of people.

I'd be down if they stole the TBD RPG show from Geek and Sundry. Basically short (2-5 episodes) campaigns featuring whichever cast members and guests are free.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If they want to add extra content they should turn Yee-Haw Game Ranch into a weekly episode where the puppets roast the poo poo out of Brian for 45 minutes to open the show and then they talk about a game for 15 to end it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Crazy Ted posted:

If they want to add extra content they should turn Yee-Haw Game Ranch into a weekly episode where the puppets roast the poo poo out of Brian for 45 minutes to open the show and then they talk about a game for 15 to end it.

Yeah!

Speaking of which, we get to meet another puppet friend today!

Mittens McFluffy Floof!

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 9, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

NowonSA posted:

It is just remotely possible that someone could play the RPG and not follow all the rules as written.

I have never spent a dime at Wendy's and never expect to do so in the future. I am also disappointed not to be able to watch the one-shot. I'm not going to get upset at people who are literally looking at a Supreme Court case that might give employers the right to fire them for existing over this. But maybe not everything in life has to be taken with the same level of seriousness.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The end of Yee Haw Game Ranch was a thing of beauty

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Crazy Ted posted:

The end of Yee Haw Game Ranch was a thing of beauty

that was unnecessary

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

that was unnecessary
Yeeeeeee-hawwwwwwww!

gently caress you

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Nemo2342 posted:

I'd be down if they stole the TBD RPG show from Geek and Sundry. Basically short (2-5 episodes) campaigns featuring whichever cast members and guests are free.

A dimension 20 type thing, with a semi-rotating cast and an adventure that lasts a few months, followed by a different cast and adventure, and if one is really popular bring it back again for a season 2 would fit in perfectly. Mercer was already on one season of it, I could see them trying to poach it.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Never though I'd see the day where I'm asking for :filez: for a ~3 hours long Dungeons & Dragons adjacent live play video, but here we are. 2019 is wild.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, quick thing, but why are people so goddamn thirsty for content?

It's something I've noticed but, why can't things just be gone and we enjoy what we have?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Why would people not want more of a thing they like from a group they like? If they can't produce more, or even just don't want to produce more, that's one thing; and maybe that is the case, but if they're open to it too, then I don't see the harm in wanting more.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Noxin of Shame posted:

Never though I'd see the day where I'm asking for :filez: for a ~3 hours long Dungeons & Dragons adjacent live play video, but here we are. 2019 is wild.

Not an empty quote.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Not an empty quote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpCCV9Ew3ts

No idea how long it will last

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Thanks! I still had half of it left and tbh it is some grade-A content, Sam DM'ing a comedy one-shot always works well.

**the first half is definitely better, the bit starts to lag a little after 3 hours

Cheston fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 9, 2019

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, quick thing, but why are people so goddamn thirsty for content?

It's something I've noticed but, why can't things just be gone and we enjoy what we have?

Yeah, there are plenty of mediums which embrace the novelty of live performance. Those that only exist at that moment for those particular people in attendance, where little flaws and mistakes make it special and impossible to recreate. But one filmed in a studio and uploaded to the internet for people to watch all around the world, where every single other previous episode is available to watch on demand — this is not one of those shows.

Oh gosh, thank you for finding this. Now here's hoping it sticks around until I have time to watch it!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Noxin of Shame posted:

Oh gosh, thank you for finding this. Now here's hoping it sticks around until I have time to watch it!

I didn't have time to watch it, but I did anyways simply because I don't know how long it will be there.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Noxin of Shame posted:

Now here's hoping it sticks around until I have time to watch it!

There seems to be a link to a Google drive in the video description where the file is saved, so you could always toss it onto your hard drive in case it gets copyright struck.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Abisteen posted:

There seems to be a link to a Google drive in the video description where the file is saved, so you could always toss it onto your hard drive in case it gets copyright struck.

It also means that even should it get pulled, someone else will upload it again.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Nemo2342 posted:

It also means that even should it get pulled, someone else will upload it again.

E: Whatever.

It's pulled, there were at minimum 2 mirrors that went up today. Both pulled.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 10, 2019

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Drowning Rabbit posted:

E: Whatever.

It's pulled, there were at minimum 2 mirrors that went up today. Both pulled.

Rehosted again at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18UlYeRSDic

They're going to be playing whack-a-mole for awhile. Sadly I didn't save the download links from that first video.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Rehosted again at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18UlYeRSDic

They're going to be playing whack-a-mole for awhile. Sadly I didn't save the download links from that first video.

Click.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Already saw it live but good deal.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

DarklyDreaming posted:

Place your bets now, what Los Angeles halloween attraction will Travis be forced to endure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgm6w1Oene0

And as it turned out they went over to Simi Valley to do a place I've never heard of. Consider me surprised

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

And as it turned out they went over to Simi Valley to do a place I've never heard of. Consider me surprised

That was great.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Looks like it's time for another music video from Ginny Di:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmbnx3fjWWs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DarklyDreaming posted:

the only good CEO