Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

goblin week posted:

Zaid told Solomon about the concept of Fortnite

I want this to be true so much, and have a flashback to Zaid and Solo Dave just sitting around, Zaid patiently explaining and Dave just sitting there in astonished curiousity and asking more questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

goblin week posted:

Zaid told Solomon about the concept of Fortnite

Shouldn't only the outermost floor tiles collapse first then

And I don't know what the the name of the bony guy in the red coat and hat is but Imma callin him Skelucard

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I think they also put John Wick in Fortnite and I'm pretty sure John Wick is Royalty.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
John Wick is Maya.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

Shouldn't only the outermost floor tiles collapse first then

And I don't know what the the name of the bony guy in the red coat and hat is but Imma callin him Skelucard

Zaid told solomon about fortnite but Solomon wanted it to look like he came up with his own completely independent idea and it absolutely wasn't inspired by zaid telling him about fortnite, which is why the removals happen at random it's coMPLETELY DIFFERENT ZAID

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

reignonyourparade posted:

Zaid told solomon about fortnite but Solomon wanted it to look like he came up with his own completely independent idea and it absolutely wasn't inspired by zaid telling him about fortnite, which is why the removals happen at random it's coMPLETELY DIFFERENT ZAID

SOLOMONDAVID'S Battlegrounds, and he alters the universe to make sdbg roll off the tongue even easier than pubg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"Sadbag."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

That's a class six offence, citizen.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:pusheen:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YaketySass posted:

John Wick is Maya.

P sure he's some kind of gun witch

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
They are always calling him Baba Yaga...

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm in love with lifeitan

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

All of these comics have been so good but yeah, Fei is my clear favorite.

2Dog is a close second.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm gonna reiterate that that sequel hook is what puts it on the next level. Motherfucking One Eyed Space General Buzz Aldrin gonna go HAM.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Oh boy. Oh jeez. Oh man. Oh no.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I like Benlion because who could possibly reject Buff Gay Magic Otacon Adventures?

But yeah overall favourite still Fei, even more now she's some kind of human/mech/demon hybrid. How permanent is that?? Rooting for you, 3!

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm gonna reiterate that that sequel hook is what puts it on the next level. Motherfucking One Eyed Space General Buzz Aldrin gonna go HAM.

Somebody's gonna have A Bad Time when that eyepatch comes off. :dogcited:

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 9, 2019

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The soldave Royale is following the rules of the OG battle Royale instead of the games, where random zones would be declared off-limits on a checkerboard instead of a shrinking ring

Also John Wick is the opposite of Royalty, to the point that the entire third film is about him denying the blade of Want and getting completely screwed because of it

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Also John Wick is the opposite of Royalty, to the point that the entire third film is about him denying the blade of Want and getting completely screwed because of it

The only true path to kingship is regicide, but only the most despicable sort of man wishes to be a king.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Tanri vs yeehaw is also a good one

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I really enjoyed this one, and I think that speaks to why. The backstory and writing in general makes me want Fei to keep winning; there's a story progressing rather than just a cool/badass/funny character getting to fight.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Gnome de plume posted:

His name is Lucius Sumac and he's an entry who didn't make it into the tourney but whose design I really liked (and used with permission from his creator)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
hosed up that the dumb "moon is haunted" meme and someone repping the execrable Wendy's fast food company got in but the cool gun skeleton didn't

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SunAndSpring posted:

hosed up that the dumb "moon is haunted" meme and someone repping the execrable Wendy's fast food company got in but the cool gun skeleton didn't

Listen, this ain't it chief

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

That's a class six offence, citizen.

Oi you got a loisence to be asking about loisences mate? That's a class 5-J.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

3 posted:

His name is Lucius Sumac and he's an entry who didn't make it into the tourney but whose design I really liked (and used with permission from his creator)

Man, Carmen Sandiego is looking a bit rough there.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

DancingShade posted:

Oi you got a loisence to be asking about loisences mate? That's a class 5-J.

Oi, you got a loisence to be askin' about askin' about loisences, lad? That's a class 6-J!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man, Carmen Sandiego is looking a bit rough there.

Well, she does sneak around the world from Kiev to Carolina. That can be some hard travelling.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1182654667416846340

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dorohedoro is weird and fun, but kind of meandering and unbalanced tone-wise. I think I like the ideas and character/world design more than the actual execution of the story itself. It's worth reading at least a bit just to see how bonkers it gets.

Also apparently the writer and artist is a woman, which is really surprising to me given how most of the female characters have giant boobs...! Thankfully the exploration isn't anywhere near the level of, say, Gantz.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 11, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Women can like giant boobs too.

Or she just knows her audience

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah, fair enough. It was just (pleasantly) surprising to me to discover the creator is a woman. It's worth checking out - like I said, despite my criticisms, the artistic creativity on display in Dorohedoro is nuts, in the best sense of the term.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Dorohedoro is weird and fun, but kind of meandering and unbalanced tone-wise. I think I like the ideas and character/world design more than the actual execution of the story itself. It's worth reading at least a bit just to see how bonkers it gets.

Also apparently the writer and artist is a woman, which is really surprising to me given how most of the female characters have giant boobs...! Thankfully the exploration isn't anywhere near the level of, say, Gantz.

Yeah, everything's complicated enough with the main plot that it kinda collapses under it's own weight about halfway through. Dorohedoro is the best when it's a slice of life comedy but every character is a murderous psychopath.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Abbadon, a fan of another parade of ultraviolent dumbasses? SHOCKING

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's worth checking out - like I said, despite my criticisms, the artistic creativity on display in Dorohedoro is nuts, in the best sense of the term.
It has a drat soundtrack. I don't mean the new anime. The drat comic has a soundtrack. Q Hayashida went around, gathered up a bunch of musicians, and had them make a soundtrack. It is as all over the place as the comic and perfect.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Women can like giant boobs too.

Or she just knows her audience

"Men should be buff, women should be vavoom!"
- Hiromu Arakawa, authoress of Fullmetal Alchemist.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Holy poo poo, I remember this. A friend of mine tried showing me this to weird me out like a decade ago. I need to try this again.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Darth Walrus posted:

:hmmyes:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Darth Walrus posted:

Spoken like a true bisexual. :respek:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Now each chapter needs to end with a "Today we Learned" like in Dorohedoro.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

MonsieurChoc posted:

sometimes it's just Aesma, who learned nothing

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

MonsieurChoc posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

edit: that is a top tier thumbnail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1182872430081122304?s=20