Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oof, Lancer of Purgatorio kicked my poo poo in hard, even with me going in with a team of strong Sabers. Thankfully, my Emperor was able to hang in there and clutch out the win, umu!

This chapter is shaping up to be a hell of a ride. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

circumstances of finding the sword may have been underwritten but i definitely prefer that it happens quickly rather than after a bunch more whining and running away until some other arbitrary upgrade point. that feels like it would both stall the story and suck.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Thoughts on Archer of Inferno? Are they worth the roll?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

she's a solid st buster archer, while basically all of her competition sans David is limited or storylocked. main issues are she needs stargen and crit buffs from her team to really shine, and even then she has a useless niche (burn amp) on her NP. she comes out to be a solidly average servant imo, so i'm kinda ambivalent about whether she's worth rolling.

being general pool means she can spook you at least

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

J.A.B.C. posted:

she's cute as heck

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
She pairs up with Quetz as Throw You Very Hard servants

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she loves dark souls

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Any hot tips for the Rider / Berserker fight other than rush down Berserker after tagging out Musashi?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Endorph posted:

she loves dark souls

She was also quite into Sekiro:

Note: "www" is the Japanese equivalent of "lol".

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 11, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bogart posted:

Any hot tips for the Rider / Berserker fight other than rush down Berserker after tagging out Musashi?

you can beat up rider to charge your NPs meant for zerker a bit faster

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm not up to par on my Japanese semi-mytholocigal persons. Are Danzo and Kotarou supposed to know each other? A quick google search turned out with nothing.

Fake edit: SA servers melting or what?
Actual edit: anyone knows of a searchable database for NP effectiveness? As in, I can search either something generic ("female archer") or up to True Name accuracy ("Gilgamesh (Archer)") and it gives me who (if any) has an NP that hits any of the target's tags?

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 11, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I don't knwo about folklore, but they had no relation to each other in real life. Kotaro served the Hojo clan, Danzou was a freelancer who briefly served the Uesugi clan. But Danzou's historical life is very unclear, so it's not a huge deal that they just made stuff up.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks, I was just curious if it was an obscure piece of Japanese folklore.

Where's the new avatar from? Google's search by image doesn't really do animated gifs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Omobono posted:

I'm not up to par on my Japanese semi-mytholocigal persons. Are Danzo and Kotarou supposed to know each other? A quick google search turned out with nothing.

Fake edit: SA servers melting or what?
Actual edit: anyone knows of a searchable database for NP effectiveness? As in, I can search either something generic ("female archer") or up to True Name accuracy ("Gilgamesh (Archer)") and it gives me who (if any) has an NP that hits any of the target's tags?

I don't know about a searchable one, but the Gamepress list gives a fairly good idea of damage to various generic targets with bonuses marked, and if you want to try to calculate higher NP levels, the FGO NP damage calculator helps to calculate best and worst case scenarios for characters with weird bonuses and incorporates stuff like grails and fous.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

J.A.B.C. posted:

Gamepress makes a good point. She’s quite strong. In another class, she’d be tier 2. But since the Archer class is so stacked, she’s only tier 3.

Which is to say, she’s not god tier amazing, but she’s very very good and cute. Her being worth rolls kind of depends on what archers you already have.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
She plays the video game

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

After a point you only really roll because you like the character or because they play into/themselves constitute a meta strat anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
We should mention that upcoming in a couple months is a very strong Single-Target Archer for free at np5 for christmas.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Tae posted:

We should mention that upcoming in a couple months is a very strong Single-Target Archer for free at np5 for christmas.

You could say she's good civilization

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

dogsicle posted:

circumstances of finding the sword may have been underwritten but i definitely prefer that it happens quickly rather than after a bunch more whining and running away until some other arbitrary upgrade point. that feels like it would both stall the story and suck.

Yeah, forcing Musashi to go and collect plot coupons before being allowed to face 7 separate opponents would really bloat the story. This sort of filler is one of the problems especially prevalent in early singularities.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
boy that uh

they weren't holding back on the setup for part 2 in Shimousa, were they?

also I realized who the bad guy was early on but it took me a bit longer to realize this was basically just Makai Tensho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the paraiso chapter sucks and is boring

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I just watched second HF movie and decided that "gently caress it, I REALLY want Sakura Servant, and the movie is as good a catalyst as anything" and threw 210 SQ on the banner.

In those 210 SQ I rolled:
1 Karna (was actually rejoicing at getting Parvatti in first 10 roll, that teaches me in trusting gold Lancer cards, he is now NP 2)
3 Artorias ( She is now at NP 3 and my 5* Servant with highest NP level.)
1 Drake (Have her at NP 2 now as well)
0 copies of Parvatti

I literally just wanted a single copy of 4* Servant that was on rate-up. What's wrong with gacha in this game :cripes:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah. They spent all the money for this chapter giving Kiyohime likable traits and a cute sprite, and none on Assassin Paraiso.

e: Which isn't nothing. I hate 'canon' Kiyohime and this one is like. An actual super-sheltered kid who's just as quick to fawn over Musashi for being someone who's traveled far as she is on Gudako.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

OnimaruXLR posted:

also I realized who the bad guy was early on but it took me a bit longer to realize this was basically just Makai Tensho

Yeah, it pretty much is. Which is rather fitting, since Nasu loved that novel and took inspiration from it when creating FSN.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
it was a long and hard trial, but in the end, worth it.

blumuers.

umu.

UchihaHirou posted:

You could say she's good civilization

gifs you can hear

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 12, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I finally did the Parvati quest and I realized that I really hate psuedo servants (minus Quetz whose vessel is "some person").

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Omobono posted:

Thanks, I was just curious if it was an obscure piece of Japanese folklore.

Where's the new avatar from? Google's search by image doesn't really do animated gifs.

It's Rina Fujimoto from Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

I finally did the Parvati quest and I realized that I really hate psuedo servants (minus Quetz whose vessel is "some person").
here is my definitive review of every pseudo servant

waver/zhuge liang: gently caress you
ishtar: ehh... im kind of okay with this tbh because the 'looks like rin' thing isnt that emphasized beyond a couple throaway gags
eresh: see ishtar, but even less so since she only looks like a version of rin that not that many people are familiar with since she only appears in one fate/extra ending
taiga: this one is okay because she's only the 'pseudo' of a generic type of spirit rather than specific historical or mythological figure so its not like you're missing out on anything
parvati: this one kind of sucks for both parvati and sakura
kama: its basically just kama so its fine
sitonai: Problematic
Sima Yi: gently caress you, but slightly less
astraea: meh
Jinako: jinako owns but the ganesh thing seems primarily like a vehicle to make fat jokes about her

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone that likes them. Like specific characters (Eresh is popular as all get out), but I mean the concept of it. People who like the person that's body is being used are pissed because it's not actually the character they like, and people who like the servant in question are pissed because it isn't actually the person/character they like.

I don't have a particular issue with any of the pseudo servants individually, but I think it's conceptually dumb.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone that likes them. Like specific characters (Eresh is popular as all get out), but I mean the concept of it. People who like the person that's body is being used are pissed because it's not actually the character they like, and people who like the servant in question are pissed because it isn't actually the person/character they like.

I don't have a particular issue with any of the pseudo servants individually, but I think it's conceptually dumb.

The ones that just go all-in on being the host character seem to be the most successful, like Waver or Taiga. Obviously they have potential to have problems with people who feel it's disrespectful towards the heroic figures, but they're still the ones that seem to best achieve their goal of appealing to the people they're designed to appeal to. I don't think anyone has ever rolled hoping for Waver and been disappointed because he's not Waver enough.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think it's lame conceptually when it's an actual historical figure that could've stood on their own, but gods, deities, and spirits are fine since it's not like they're any more made up than wholly original designs like Artemis, Quetz, etc.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The Parvati/Sakura concept makes no sense because Sakura has no negative qualities for Parvati to remove.

Endorph posted:

Jinako: jinako owns but the ganesh thing seems primarily like a vehicle to make fat jokes about her

Any fat jokes would fall flat because Wada designed her too awesome. Besides, they seem to be focusing on jokes about her being lazy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

The Parvati/Sakura concept makes no sense because Sakura has no negative qualities for Parvati to remove.

Wrong, or we would not have Kama, the possible best Sakura.

I will never tire of kama self owning. :allears:

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Kay Kessler posted:

Some might consider Dark Sakura and the other darker parts of her personality to be negatives. They'd be wrong, sure, but that's never stopped people, has it?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I decided to try to get another NP level for Tomoe or Musashi, so threw another 30 quartz at the banner for 120 overall spent. Didn't get either of them, instead got my first Volumen Hydrargyrum and my second Drake. So in 120 quartz I got 3 5*s, only one the banner one.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Parvati has all the positive qualities of Sakura and Kama has all the other positive qualities of Sakura.

The only dumb psuedo is Zhuge because he's completely absent and might as well not exist. Sima Yi at least chimes in occasionally to support Reines in her mischief.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got through the first segment of Shimousa and christ I ate that introduction of all the antagonists scene the hell up. And the theatrics around the first duel was great.

Singularity off to a strong start!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
The only one that really feels like the Pseudo-Servant thing matters is Ishtar, who's a different character to Rin but feels a lot like Rin. Eresh almost feels more like she looks like Rin because she looks like Ishtar, Waver might as well just be Waver without involving Zhuge Liang at all, and Taiga is mostly just a weird joke since her non-Taiga aspect is so vague. Parvarti I don't really know Sakura well enough to judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the gag with taiga is that her persoanlity was so strong it overpowered the jaguar, which imo is really funny