Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just sell your poo poo, you won't miss it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Bust Rodd posted:

Making $2,000 off of ebay seems very enticing

Be warned that eBay fraud is through the roof and they typically side with the buyer. If you're not commonly selling via eBay/Paypal, I'd steer clear and find other mediums to sell them on.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

What are your best prison/hatebear options in Gruul. I want to make a Grumgully deck that isnt all in on the persist combo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Danger Diabolik posted:

What are your best prison/hatebear options in Gruul. I want to make a Grumgully deck that isnt all in on the persist combo.

Just go all-in on non-basic hate.

Blood moon
Magus of the moon
Ritual of Subdual
Ruination

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Toshimo posted:

Blood moon
Magus of the moon
Ritual of Subdual
Ruination

In G/R, you can also run Primal Order.

I threw together a janky Nikya deck that is literally just creatures and lands. I run a bunch of punishment stuff as a means to pressure opponents and provide a little bit of control, things like Eidolon of the Great Revel, Harsh Mentor, and Burning Tree Shaman. Oh, and Collector Ouphe is :discourse: in a lot of Gruul builds.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Railing Kill posted:

In G/R, you can also run Primal Order.

Yeah that's the one I meant. Niche land enchantments from the Ice Age/Homelands era kinda run together in my brain after 25 years.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Vexing Shusher, Dosan, the falling leaf, and Hall of Gemstone all tell blue players to eat total poo poo and protect whatever your combo is.

Collector Ouphe clowns on artifact decks and is easy to tutor and recur

Magus of the Moon is an all star

Zozu the Punisher and Rampaging Ferocidon are both angry little people

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Hall of Gemstone and City of Solitude are potentially useful, but they can also be dangerous to run because it shuts off the other decks from interacting with each other as well. A combo deck would love it if you stopped any of their opponents from being able to counter their pieces.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Aranan posted:

Hall of Gemstone and City of Solitude are potentially useful, but they can also be dangerous to run because it shuts off the other decks from interacting with each other as well. A combo deck would love it if you stopped any of their opponents from being able to counter their pieces.

Yeah but I figured he’s playing Grumgully so you can use it to protect their own combo.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Toshimo posted:

Blood moon
Magus of the moon
Ritual of Subdual
Ruination

Don't forget the mass artifact hate to stop the all the Mono U decks from ramping.

Ouphe is a good one, but Bane of Progress is pretty good at knocking eveyone else back into the stone age.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Manglehorn 24/7 imo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Danger Diabolik posted:

ruric thar

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

Manglehorn 24/7 imo

I was under the impression Collector Ouphe replaced Manglehorn is most aspects.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
manglehorn at least takes something out. Sometimes collector just dies immediately. But I like playing both.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Wake of Destruction probably isn't a good card, but in a big mana deck it can completely remove Mono U guy from the game (without being as narrows as Boil).

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I feel Collector Ouphe pretty much belongs in every green deck. Null Rod effects are just so cruel and mess up so many popular strategies.

I hate playing against Ouphe, which tells me it's a really drat good card.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They call it that because people go “Oof” when you cast it and their Sol Ring and signets and Lightning Greaves become guttertrash

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Ouphe is tough to play in Grumgrully since your sac outlets are artifacts more often than not.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Balon posted:

Ouphe is tough to play in Grumgrully since your sac outlets are artifacts more often than not.

I find that I don't really enjoy all in combo decks so I'm thinking the deck will mostly be prison/tax effects, planeswalkers, and proliferate. So if I happen to draw into woodfall primus+goblin bombardment that's great but the goal isn't to win that way every time.

Also the nonbasic hate seems like a fun direction so I'll probalby throw all that in there. Defintely running ouphe too

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imo combos are completely fine if it involves the commander. Even if all the pieces are in the 99 I don't really mind most of the time, but I can understand why some people might have a sour reaction. But I'd much prefer to play against a deck where the player is eventually going to say "I'm about to go off, if no one stops me I win" than some stax crap that never gets enough value to finish everyone off in one or two turns so it slows the game to a crawl

I'd rather sit and watch a multi or infinite turn combo than take 3 turns where I can't do anything because nobody can kill the winter orb

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile, few things are as fun as dropping Stasis and watching everyone squirm while you break parity on it with Teferi

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Nah that’s not as backbreaking as just playing Winter Orb with Urza.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
i don't have urza

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Toshimo posted:

Yeah that's the one I meant. Niche land enchantments from the Ice Age/Homelands era kinda run together in my brain after 25 years.

Primal Order is the only Homelands card I can think of off the top of my head that I would realistically play in a deck.

checkplease posted:

manglehorn at least takes something out. Sometimes collector just dies immediately. But I like playing both.

:hmmyes:

:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

Ruric is nasty, though. You really have to build around him unless you have some dumb, janky pile of creatures like my Nikya deck. I tried to build around him a while back and he was too much of a target for me to consistently protect. So I was left with a janky pile of creatures and an already expensive commander who kept dying. In my experience, if you're in G/R and you want to be able to hate on artifacts, non-basic lands, and basically anything but creatures, run Nikya but use Ruric Thar in her 99. He's a superstar there. I landed him once with two other punishment pieces already in play and it was nasty. The first player who had removal for all this poo poo couldn't play it because doing so would have killed her.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Framboise posted:

Meanwhile, few things are as fun as dropping Stasis and watching everyone squirm while you break parity on it with Teferi

Not as easy without Urza, but I play the stax orbs with Clock of Omens and Ghitapur Aether Grid in my Akiri/Tymna deck. Had a game on Friday where I got out Tymna, Winter Orb, Nether Void, Clock as my turns 2, 3, 4, 5 plays. :getin:

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Here is what I have so far:

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tax-evasion-grumgully-the-generous-edh/?cb=1570967553

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Uhhhh, why Torpor Orb? You have a bunch of ETB triggers. You probably want Null Rod in that slot.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

AlternateNu posted:

Uhhhh, why Torpor Orb? You have a bunch of ETB triggers. You probably want Null Rod in that slot.

I didn't realize how many I had! I don't own a null rod so I swaped it out for a manglehorn

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
You're missing Fyndhorn Elves from the generic green mana dork package. Priest of Titania also works well considering you're already running a decent number of elves. Bane of Progress is another great hate piece that also turns into a beatstick and even does it with +1/+1 counters to go in with your theme. Tangle Wire has some nice synergy with the proliferate cards and goes with your general stax plan. Keep in mind that it's always way less hurtful to you--you stack the triggers so you remove a fading counter first, then tap permanents (and one of those permanents is always the Tangle Wire itself). It's a lot stronger in games that don't go super long, though, so it may not be for you or your meta. Just a thought.

And because as great as it is to get a pile of suggested adds, it's also nice to get some feedback on things to cut to make room.... Lodestone Golem usually goes in artifact heavy decks, because then it's a one-sided tax piece. You're going to be taxing yourself just as much as other people, but that may be okay with you. Plaguemaw Beast is a nice, repeatable source of proliferate but I don't know if that's something you'd want to spend 5 mana and a creature on in this deck. Sakura-tribe Elder could also get the cut in favor of one of the mana dorks above since he's just going to get you a land that Winter Orb could tap down.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Railing Kill posted:

Primal Order is the only Homelands card I can think of off the top of my head that I would realistically play in a deck.

Ain't nothin' wrong with Merchant Scroll.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I made this yesterday,and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

https://archidekt.com/decks/240168#Korvold,_Fae-Cursed_King

It runs but I'm not especially certain how it actually wins besides beating with Korvold. You'll notice a distinct lack of 3+ cmc mana artifacts, no temple of the false god, and no reliquary tower. I'm also thinking that Lake of the Dead and City of Shadows aren't really good enough, despite their on-themeness.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 13, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

OgreNoah posted:

I made this yesterday,and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

https://archidekt.com/decks/240168#Korvold,_Fae-Cursed_King

It runs but I'm not especially certain how it actually wins besides beating with Korvold. You'll notice a distinct lack of 3+ cmc mana artifacts, no temple of the false god, and no reliquary tower. I'm also thinking that Lake of the Dead and City of Shadows aren't really good enough, despite their on-themeness.

Never have I seen a deck more deserving of Triumph of the Hordes, Savage Beating and Craterhoof Behemoth. You win by beating people to death.

Consider also Temur Battle-Rage and Psychotic Fury for one shot potential, likewise Tainted Strike.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Is anyone still giving Oathbreaker a try?

Sorin Reanimator

They just unbanned Recurring Nightmare, so I built a combo deck to make it work.

Go infinite with Priest of Gix, Felidar Guardian, and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (among other lines).

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Infinite Karma posted:

They just unbanned Recurring Nightmare, so I built a combo deck to make it work.

Boy, I dunno about unbanning that card, though I have not yet played Oathbreaker. Still, that might provide some interesting data as far as if it could be done in the OG format. I could be wrong, but I kinda doubt it. That card is effing crazy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It honestly just seems more mana intensive than a lot of other win conditions and more cumbersome than an a lot of existing infinite mana outlets.

Like the craziest thing I can see it doing is just being like a disgusting value engine in BUG decks or rackdos decks a form of card advantage, but I don’t think it’s nearly as busted as cards that exist, are legal, and cost less mana.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

So, I took another look at your list. Some other cards that are kind of questionable because they either don't do much in your deck or are overcosted for what you're looking to do:
Planewide Celebration
Escape to the Wilds
Ugin, the Ineffible
Tectonic Reformation
Cultivate

You probably shouldn't be playing anything higher than 5 with the possible exception of Ruric Thar and Primus. If you want some ideas on cards to use, take a look at my Warlord Radha deck. It is more geared for going wide and generating a bunch of mana for post-combat exploitation, but there's a lot of crossover for utility cards. Things you may want to seriously consider:
Vexing Shusher
Artifact Mutation
Skullclamp

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I used Recurring Nightmare once before my playgroup and I realized it was banned and in that one game I was able to use it to reanimate everyone's graveyard using Puppeteer Clique and Panharmonicon

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Heath posted:

I used Recurring Nightmare once before my playgroup and I realized it was banned and in that one game I was able to use it to reanimate everyone's graveyard using Puppeteer Clique and Panharmonicon

Thats cool but for the same ungodly amount of Mana you could also win the game in a bajillion easier ways.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Infinite Karma posted:

Sorin Reanimator

Go infinite with Priest of Gix, Felidar Guardian, and Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (among other lines).

Ive been playing oathbreaker weekly with coworkers at lunch. Its pretty fun so far, but we are fairly low powered. No big combos yet. I am mainly using it as a format to play cards in my collection that have just been sitting in binders. I think the lower life totals helps speeds things up some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Infinite Karma posted:

Sorin Reanimator

My Saheeli, Sublime Artificer + Divergent Transformations deck is pretty fun and threatens a win very early on.