Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
The word "run" has 150 definitions on dictionary.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

BattleMaster posted:

dunno how common or rare it is irl

What's being disputed is whether 透 would ever be used in place of 通 in that sort of context. Not that that's a meaning of 通.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

edit: *glass. lol

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

dirby posted:

What's being disputed is whether 透 would ever be used in place of 通 in that sort of context. Not that that's a meaning of 通.

The thing I posted shows that as an alternate version (listed at the bottom) but I don't know if it's really used commonly

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

BattleMaster posted:

The thing I posted shows that as an alternate version (listed at the bottom) but I don't know if it's really used commonly

There are a lot of pairs (or triplets) of kanji like this where one is the generic/common one and another is only used to give a connotation in certain situations (e.g. 合う and 会う). Typically, Jisho.org won't give you that information in a clear way, if at all.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Skipped a bit of discussion but I think it's best to keep in one thread and go back rather than multiple ones although youd definitely get a few 5 star threads under your name so it's your call. Tbh you cant update one thread fast enough for us so why stretch yourself?

I'm saying all this because I want more neet easily accessible in one place so get back to work and stop distracting us with questions.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
I say one thread for each timeline. I use bookmarks.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Do all of the other storylines too but keep everything in this thread and just don’t tell us which ones are which.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What’s the kanji for “post more neet you lazy bastard”?

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Warbird posted:

馬鹿

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

post more so you can get to the next storyline

sorry for implying you were the NEET pages and pages ago op

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

subpar anachronism posted:

sorry for implying you were the NEET pages and pages ago op

thank you! this apology is what i've been waiting for and now i will post a ton of updates!!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Warbird posted:

ダメ人間

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Tohru you can change your name it's only eight bucks it's up there between no ads and banner ad.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Holy poo poo, farming arc incoming? Only one crop for my NEET ex-con :420: :2bong: :420:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Starneet Valley

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

This is very good.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving amazing. now i have to finish this set of updates i was saving for tomorrow!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Perfection

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

How about Kansai, NEET?

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Why did he pointlessly write out all the prefectures instead of Googling the rural ones? Is this man dumb or something?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling posted:

How about Kansai, NEET?

kansai is not a prefecture. kansai dialect is most commonly associated with osaka. sooo unfortunately he's already eliminated it lol

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
He should come live in my old home of beautiful and very rural Yamaguchi.

Or Tottori because they've got camels, which is cool.

Other good choice: Ogasawara. Except it's technically Tokyo. Somehow.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 13, 2019

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

kansai is not a prefecture. kansai dialect is most commonly associated with osaka. sooo unfortunately he's already eliminated it lol

Aw. I just want him to meet the guy from prison again :(

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

I wonder if he'll ever be able to find a job. Would he qualify for unemployment benefits in Japan?

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can foresee housing problems because of his conviction although smart NEET for going into the country. Farmer arc incoming I hope.

Mr. Steak posted:

thank you! this apology is what i've been waiting for and now i will post a ton of updates!!

Sorry for the stick I give. It's only because I appreciate your work and so I'm invested in the comic. First and last time I'm going to lay my whippy stick down.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Hot Stunt posted:

I wonder if he'll ever be able to find a job. Would he qualify for unemployment benefits in Japan?

Does Japan even have unemployment benefits or is it too advanced?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I see some of the Kuril Islands on that map which are actually administered by Russia. You won't have problems with background checks up there, Tohru-kun.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Negrostrike posted:

I see some of the Kuril Islands on that map which are actually administered by Russia. You won't have problems with background checks up there, Tohru-kun.

Why not become a national hero and take up residence on Beautiful Island of Japan Takeshima?

Or Hawaii.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

"This prefecture is juuuust right!"

spatial trait
Aug 7, 2009

Ah, he eliminated Fukushima. I guess this rules out the daily life of a certain teenage mutant ninja neet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spatial trait posted:

Ah, he eliminated Fukushima. I guess this rules out the daily life of a certain teenage mutant ninja neet

that didn't happen yet when this update was written, btw. it sure would be weird if he ended up going there and then the incident happened (irl) while the character is living there

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I saw Saitama and my mind instantly went to a certain superhero. Anime has broken me, hasn't it? :ohdear:

E: Advice! Save up your neet for a few days then you have a lot to gorge on! So what if you get stopped up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You can just call them counties like everyone else, Japan