Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

It's weird because my Gotcha has been working great on Android.

Same. It sometimes fails to connect but restarting the app fixes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

I would easily have around 2 million stardust if I didn't spend it on all kinds of things. Why not? Doesn't do much good sitting there, and getting a maxed hundo Slaking was totally worth it (it wasn't).

I'm saving it so that I can trade a Shiny Treecko to my kid. It's their favorite Pokémon, and I managed to catch one during it's community day.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

dwarf74 posted:

It's weird because my Gotcha has been working great on Android.

Mustached Demon posted:

Same. It sometimes fails to connect but restarting the app fixes that.

Same here, a good buy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I keep getting the failed to connect message on my gotcha while my gf's go pro works smooth. drat.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Crosspeice posted:

I would easily have around 2 million stardust if I didn't spend it on all kinds of things. Why not? Doesn't do much good sitting there, and getting a maxed hundo Slaking was totally worth it (it wasn't).

I hold onto it so that when I’m inevitably scrambling to put together a team when they announce something on Niantic-time short notice (3 hours after it starts) I’ve got it handy. It’s not like stardust costs storage space, thank god

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ive got about 2 mil in stardust but im probably gonna blow it all on maxing out a psystrike and a shadowball mewtwo once he leaves ex-raids, maybe this shiny ray as well i dunno

also glad the gen v legendaries dont really do it for me design wise, i kind of went a bit nuts chasing rays and mewtwos for the cool or nostalgia factor but now i can chill and go back to solo raiding random gyms i just happen upon with my free daily pass

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I think the most I've ever had is 100k. I'm probably sitting at 30k right now. I'd probably have more if I didn't focus on getting my favorites powered up for pvp.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I hold onto it so that when I’m inevitably scrambling to put together a team when they announce something on Niantic-time short notice (3 hours after it starts) I’ve got it handy. It’s not like stardust costs storage space, thank god

Same. When Rayquaza came back I dropped 300+k in dust on powering up a bunch of glaceons to trade to my alt so I could do it by myself. 100% worth it.

I just broke the 2 million dust barrier. Plus it's nice to literally always be able to trade anyone anything if I want to.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Smiles posted:

ive got about 2 mil in stardust but im probably gonna blow it all on maxing out a psystrike and a shadowball mewtwo once he leaves ex-raids, maybe this shiny ray as well i dunno

also glad the gen v legendaries dont really do it for me design wise, i kind of went a bit nuts chasing rays and mewtwos for the cool or nostalgia factor but now i can chill and go back to solo raiding random gyms i just happen upon with my free daily pass

Even if you level cap two Mewtwo that way it'll only blow about 500k stardust.

As someone who has a long list of 'mon I'd like to have leveled and ready for raids I'm totally jealous of the 1.5 mil surplus you'd have after that.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
My fix to gotcha connection failures is to quit the game, turn on airplane mode for a couple of seconds and turn the game on again.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
If you know you're going to be catching a lot of pokemon in the next 30 minutes, use a star piece to boost your stardust. Like for example on community days.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I'm usually hovering between 1-2M stardust, blowing a bunch at the start of each month for PvP, buying second moves and raising the ones relevant to that month's Silph Arena cup.

Having a Gotcha really helps a lot, but I lost mine so I have to be more careful with the dust now. What also helps is to save up the 10k eggs, and then hatch them all at once, using a star piece when they hatch. You can also save up research rewards (about 80-100) and catch all of them on a star piece, preferably during a double stardust event.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
I'm currently sitting at 5.7 million dust because I only save it for trading or only very occasionally powering up a mon for raids.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

There's a lady who I trade with occasionally who has a good 5 million dust on her main account, and between 2 and 3 million on each one of her baby ones

The largest amount a current player has is over 150+ million :psyboom:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I saw a non trivial amount of people at the community day with multiple devices.

And here I am, doing laps of the park with just my gotcha :psyduck:

Also PLEASE DON'T BLOCK THE SIDEWALKS:argh:

When's the next community day?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
What are the odds of a shiny Sableye from tasks? I'm sure someone has figured out the shiny rates from them by now?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Got this good robot looking rear end boy over the weekend

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbYIpmlqNaY

Halloween event is back starting Thursday.

Highlights:

-increased Ghost/Dark Spawns (video highlights Golett and Litwik).
-Yamask spawns, including chance for a shiny
-More shadow Pokemon
-Pikachu and Kanto starters in costume
-Themed pokemon in raids
-Darkrai raid boss
-Themed Research Tasks
-New quest, most likely Spiritomb again
-2x Candy

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

OgreNoah posted:

Nov. 16 from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.

Prepare to be disappointed as it becomes another starter that will become obsolete in pretty much everything after a few months for PvP and raids!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alolan Marowak with Shadow Bone raids on Oct 26 from 11-2. Neat.

Oh poo poo Shadow Lapras is coming hell yeah.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Yessssss

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Prepare to be disappointed as it becomes another starter that will become obsolete in pretty much everything after a few months for PvP and raids!

Except it's Chimchar next, so it's just bad for everything forever because Infernape's stats are worse than Blaziken's for raids, and it's moves are worse for PvP. It doesn't even have a good shiny.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Alolan Marowak with Shadow Bone raids on Oct 26 from 11-2. Neat.

You just got tricked! There won't be a raid day for Marowak, they confirmed quickly after.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

iospace posted:

I saw a non trivial amount of people at the community day with multiple devices.

That's because kids realize the game is a boring grind and stop playing after a couple of months so then their parents play on their accounts. Adults love boring grind, they do it 8 hours per day.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crosspeice posted:

You just got tricked! There won't be a raid day for Marowak, they confirmed quickly after.

Lmao what the gently caress, Niantic.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Aw I was pretty jazzed about that one too :(

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Would be funny because Ghost Marowak is one of the top 3 Pokémon of the current Silph cup, and many tournaments are on the 27th, the last weekend. You'd have to obtain a PvP ready Shadow Bone Marowak in less than a day in order to be competitive!
The release of a bunch of Sinnoh ghosts will probably also shake things up as Ghost is one of the types of the cup.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

iospace posted:

And here I am, doing laps of the park with just my gotcha :psyduck

Wheany posted:

That's because kids realize the game is a boring grind and stop playing after a couple of months so then their parents play on their accounts. Adults love boring grind, they do it 8 hours per day.

At some point I realized I enjoy playing the metagame more than the actual game, whoops.

Also Darkrai is gonna be rough. If you thought Mewtwo chewed through revives, Darkrai’s looking like a “bring more than that” kind of situation.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

https://numberofdayssincenianticscrewedup.com/

It's kind of impressive someone felt like this needed to exist.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Vegastar posted:

Did they ever fix the remote battling issue? Tried it last Friday with a buddy but gave me the same 'stays in lobby limbo' error since the main update

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vegastar posted:

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/niantic-impactful-mistake-timeline

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!
Haven’t played since early 2017. Got a level 25 account with some half-decent mons. What’s the best way to learn the new mechanics and meta? Working at a children’s hospital and there’s a gym here. How can I make some cancer kiddies cry?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
https://pokemongolive.com/post/a-regi-return-2019

Takeaways:
- Regirock, Regice, and Registeel in raids for one weekend, Nov 1 to Nov 4th
- That $8 special pass is for Regigigas research, but it'll be in EX raids in November anyways so don't FOMO it
- It also comes with 10 "free" raid passes but it's not "10 premium passes", it's "10 passes as long as you're using all of them the day of the event on Regis"
- Regigigas in EX raids in November means Shadow Ball Mewtwo in EX raids for as little as 2 and as many as 5 more weeks, so act fast on those I guess?
- Shiny Skarmory, Shiny Regirock, Shiny Regice, Shiny Registeel

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 14, 2019

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Takeaways:
- That $8 special pass is for Regigigas research, but it'll be in EX raids in November anyways so don't FOMO it
- It also comes with 10 "free" raid passes but it's not "10 premium passes", it's "10 passes as long as you're using all of them the day of the event on Regis"
- Regigigas in EX raids in November means Shadow Ball Mewtwo in EX raids for as little as 2 and as many as 5 more weeks, so act fast on those I guess?

Lmao what garbage, extra raid passes but you still can’t hold more than one at once, a pose that looks ridiculous, and a Pokemon encounter for something that’s going to be in raids in a few weeks

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

didnt they say mewtwo was only in ex-raids til november 12? so by my count four more chances including the one this sunday/monday

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Smiles posted:

didnt they say mewtwo was only in ex-raids til november 12? so by my count four more chances including the one this sunday/monday

If they ever confirmed the end date I didn't see it-- usually they just have "starts on" for those: https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/exraids-mewtwo-2019/

And this didn't have a specific date for Regigigas, just "will be appearing in EX Raids, starting in November", so

Noxville posted:

Lmao what garbage, extra raid passes but you still can’t hold more than one at once, a pose that looks ridiculous, and a Pokemon encounter for something that’s going to be in raids in a few weeks

Yeah this is Not An Event For Me, the actual shinies in question just add insult to it:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Takeaways:

I'd be more interested in this if it was 10 premium passes and not 10 regular passes that you have to burn in a day. Seems everyone in my local discord feels the same way.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m curious to see if Darkrai can be duo’d. From what I’ve seen on the Silph road reddit it looks like an easy trio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Old Swerdlow posted:

I’m curious to see if Darkrai can be duo’d. From what I’ve seen on the Silph road reddit it looks like an easy trio.

IMO it's in the "trioable, but that doesn't mean doable with 3 accounts" kind of territory. Machamp is gonna be the king for this, but Darkrai's high attack stat plus Machamp's already-kind-of-glass-cannon-ness means that you're looking at chewing through anywhere between 12 and 18 Machamps per raid. Duoable you're talking about a hat trick of "cloudy weather, extremely good IVs, extremely high level machamps" on top of that.