Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This guy is so getting fired after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Many Monies

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Was this person not given a script beforehand or something?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel like this guy was a last minute replacement because he clearly doesn't know anything about Pokemon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Araxxor posted:

Was this person not given a script beforehand or something?

The very start of the stream was them changing what they were going to do and him being utterly confused at why.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My favorite Pokemon is Charizard and I appreciate that its Gigantamax form looks like something straight out of Digimon: Our War Game. I like all the other Gigantamax forms a lot better, though, especially Longcat Meowth.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Why is there a pirate

EDIT: And he's already the best

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Licarn posted:

it sucks that only kanto pokemon got megas

*finger on the monkey paw curls*

non-kanto pokemon have megas including the one that needed to be banned into its own tier

I'll take absolutely broken pokemon if it means anything beyond the original 151 being relevant.
To hell with Kanto.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Deepest lore bomb from the stream. The truth behind answering yes or no to being asked where you're from in Ruby/Sapphire.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1184473345095372800

Not exclusively Pokemon related but still cool if you have the Gameboy originals.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That you need a cartridge really sucks for games like Gen 2 that don't work anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RatHat posted:

That you need a cartridge really sucks for games like Gen 2 that don't work anymore.

Surely flash carts exist

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I was kind of thinking about that Gigantimax Eevve, and how G-Max Cuddle only works on opposite gender pokes kinda makes it sound a little weak compared to the other g-max status attacks.

Charm still only being opposite gender feels a bit weird, all things considered. Like I get it from a gameplay perspective, but let eevee be gay.

e: The more I think of it, why is gender still important in pokemon? Like they've always kinda subverted the breeding thing a bit with "weird, an egg just kinda showed up" - why not double down and make it so gender isn't a factor and it's just some wholesome thing about pokemon who have a super close bond or something?

Like I keep coming back to this feeling that a lot of pokemons nittty-gritty mechanics run against all the "spirit" of the game/series being about like, friendship and poo poo.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 16, 2019

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
How does every reveal manage to disappoint me more than the last? That's quite an accomplishment.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Dynamax is poo poo but saying Pokemon should have done nothing new in order to make sure everything old was brought forward is also poo poo.

Also I made the mistake of searching Game Freak on YouTube to try and find the anniversary stream without the link and wow, what an absolute trashfire those results were.

Yeah. If they'd just made it a Persian it would've been fine but tying it to an unevolved Pokemon is really stupid.

Does it really need to be a binary?

Can you not have both?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
SACHA what is your reaction!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Does it really need to be a binary?

Can you not have both?

I can get it no longer being feasible to carry every legacy mechanic forward. But I would rather they have stuck to Megas or Z-Moves and continued to introduce new ones instead of what overwhelmingly feels like Lamer Mega-Evolution.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i really want to do some pokemon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ka0 posted:

SACHA what is your reaction!

something awful coterie of haters association

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

e: The more I think of it, why is gender still important in pokemon? Like they've always kinda subverted the breeding thing a bit with "weird, an egg just kinda showed up" - why not double down and make it so gender isn't a factor and it's just some wholesome thing about pokemon who have a super close bond or something?

To keep starters and various other pokemon at a 87,5% male population, for reasons that never really made sense other than mere spite.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

qnqnx posted:

To keep starters and various other pokemon at a 87,5% male population, for reasons that never really made sense other than mere spite.

It's supposed to make it harder to breed more without a Ditto.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
we now have Great Grey Wolf Sif AND the Moonlight Butterfly - taking all bets on the next Dark Souls boss we get

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

RatHat posted:

It's supposed to make it harder to breed more without a Ditto.

Told you, spite.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Has anyone said anything positive about little town hero yet.

I feel really bad because this was probably a game concept they had in a drawer since the early 90s and couldn't do much about it because pokemon happened.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ka0 posted:

I feel really bad because this was probably a game concept they had in a drawer since the early 90s and couldn't do much about it because pokemon happened.

If Game Freak wanted to escape Pokemon’s gravity that is probably not the game they’re doing it with

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1184457842516025344

Hot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ka0 posted:

I don't think anyone has any interest in it really. I certainly don't have any time to try it... Interesting concept though. Instead of fighting with weapons and spells you fight with IDEAS. Ideas like "AXE" and "BLIZZAGA"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ka0 posted:

GameXplain have said things about it but most definitely not positive ones.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They should've just made Drill Dozer 2.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Well so far, from the demo they're showing it looks like you do not have a childhood girlfriend who scolds you for being lazy and then is the healer during combat. I'll notch that up as positive.

e: innovative

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

From what I read, it's a big battle system with random elements. Tiny town with a very, very simple story premise. Some really like it, and others find it ok, and GameXplain loving hated it.

Very limited animation, and odd performance issues, too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Very limited animation, and odd performance issues, too.

So you’re saying it’s a Game Freak game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gigamax charizard... i like !! :D

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I like Giga Charizard because im basic af

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Giga Char looks better than either of his Megas. Charizard needs to be two things: a little chunky, and on fire. This one achieves both.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 16, 2019

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Mega Y is still the best Charizard design. The new one is just kinda edgy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Like all charizards, the new design is lame

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I'm loving amped for the new Satan-form Charizard. Also really happy that they're finally bringing back round bean Pikachu after like 20 years.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
charizard is easily the best looking out of that bunch but when your competition are a butterfree and eeevee that look basically the same and a meowth and pikachu that are stretched vertically and horizontally that's not exactly high praise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

I'm loving amped for the new Satan-form Charizard. Also really happy that they're finally bringing back round bean Pikachu after like 20 years.

Hail Satazard!