Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Also REVIEW THE CAR PLEASE

Car was excellent fun to drive.
It hated 1st gear but would happily hill start in 2nd so I soon ignored it (it could hill start in 3rd too). 3rd made happy growly noises so it mainly spent it's time in that and forth, never made it to 5th gear due to twisty turny roads.

Turning circle was that of a small yacht, visibility was excellent due to lack of pillars and seatbelts holding you in place though the mirrors had to be readjusted because they feel down.

Top car / 10

E: other quirks included popping out of 4th when lifting the clutch and no door locks which made leaving it in a car park a slightly anxious affair

freelop fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

freelop posted:

Today I ticked off an AI thing on the closest thing I've got to a bucket list
Drove the Amalfi Coast in this:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider
First time driving on the wrong side of the road but it didn't take too long to stop punching the door when trying to change gear.
Never driven something without power steering before so looking forward to having Hulk arms tomorrow, it had no seatbelts and all round drum brakes too so that was interesting.

The drive itself was extremely scenic and not too difficult - the hardest bit was navigating Sorrento. Well worth doing but I think I'll take a coach trip next time to relax a bit more.

You definitely selected hard mode. We drove amalfi in an astra diesel estate and that was stressful enough. Are you going to continue down the coast and check out paestum?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

This water leak is going to be the end of my sanity.

Because the water was shut off during the initial inspection, we didn't catch it. And because it was pouring rain during the follow up, we didn't catch it. I've looked into ti and we don't really have any recourse due to the nature of the leak.

Very basically: Somewhere in our main water supply we have a leak. The copper line is sheathed in a PVC pipe so the water is flowing right to the end of the pipe which is 6 inches from the sump pump basin. There was a patched hole in the utility room right in this spot which made us think the leak was right there. It was not. The pipe is allowing the water to flow directly to the drainage tile and while this is a headache, it's saved the house from any actual damage. So that's a plus I guess. But the first leak detection place couldn't pinpoint it and the second guy had to cancel the appointment for today. The plumber that was here thinks the leak might be in a section of pipe that runs up the outside of the basement wall. If so it's a matter of digging a hole. But it could also be beneath the basement floor. Which would involve cutting a hole in the concrete. And that won't be the cheap option.

I've spent so much goddamned time on this poo poo and chased this problem in multiple wrong directions so far. I love owning this house. The backyard seemed to be a nightmare but I've discovered that I love clearing and landscaping. Every little headache or hiccup has worked itself out except for this water problem and it's really starting to effect my mental state.

Check with your insurance, depending on who you have and the policy, it may cover underground supplies for utilities. I know mine is covered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider

This rules, you rule.

Rhyno that sounds awful. Hopefully somebody can sort it out. :shepspends:

I think I have finally gotten the garage reconfigured so we can fit two cars in it again for winter. I moved a bunch of poo poo to our small basement and strategically moved other stuff around so there's access to both cars on the sides for getting kids in an out. gently caress scraping frost off windshields, man. We were planning on adding onto the garage this summer with another double deep bay (15x35 so it would have been yuuuge) but after dropping money on the architect, blueprints, etc. I can't justify the final cost. This isn't our forever house so dropping 30-50k that we won't see back when we move in a few years seems silly. Hard truths, but the little garage will have to do for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Leak guy is here, he's got the line marked and has begun the search.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider
First time driving on the wrong side of the road but it didn't take too long to stop punching the door when trying to change gear.
Never driven something without power steering before so looking forward to having Hulk arms tomorrow, it had no seatbelts and all round drum brakes too so that was interesting.

The drive itself was extremely scenic and not too difficult - the hardest bit was navigating Sorrento. Well worth doing but I think I'll take a coach trip next time to relax a bit more.

Driving slow classic sportscars with a group on the Amalfi course in Forza 3 & 4 was the best. A shame they lost that location over the years.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

fridge corn posted:

You definitely selected hard mode. We drove amalfi in an astra diesel estate and that was stressful enough. Are you going to continue down the coast and check out paestum?

No we just had the car for a day to do the coast run, we have been doing a small tour of Italy but Sorrento is the last stop now.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

Driving slow classic sportscars with a group on the Amalfi course in Forza 3 & 4 was the best. A shame they lost that location over the years.

Aw man, I miss having all your friends park their cars just beyond the short hill before the hairpin on the long Amalfi Coast course and seeing how many of them you could jump over :allears:

Now I just miss Goon league racing with Forza 4 and spending all night tuning and painting cool cars for each week's race :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Powershift posted:

Don't forget the physical breakdowns. gently caress landscaping.

Yeah, pretty sure my shoulder injury was caused by installing my fence and having to dig out or chop away at underground boulders in the way with a heavy bar.

Shoveling and hauling multiple piles of crushed shell didn't help either, that poo poo is heavy.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Update us on.... How that works exactly.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T-Square posted:

Aw man, I miss having all your friends park their cars just beyond the short hill before the hairpin on the long Amalfi Coast course and seeing how many of them you could jump over :allears:

Now I just miss Goon league racing with Forza 4 and spending all night tuning and painting cool cars for each week's race :(

That was fun. I bailed because some new non-goons came in and it got frustrating for me. I haven't renewed my Live subscription for years.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

This could be a trump tweet if you threw in a few more randomly capitalized words and some exclamation points. Witch Hunt!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm exhausted and need to crash so I will do a detailed post later. But he was able to figure a lot out and now the entire repair has been simplified and less than half the original expense.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

I'm exhausted and need to crash so I will do a detailed post later. But he was able to figure a lot out and now the entire repair has been simplified and less than half the original expense.

That's always good to hear!

edit: the figured out now and cheaper part, that is.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider

All round drum brakes? Are you sure? :confused:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider

Fukken nice. I wanted to do the same thing when I was there with a 70's Guilia, but it was eye wateringly expensive. Next time, skip the coach and take a boat from Sorrento, very relaxing!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

angryrobots posted:

Update us on.... How that works exactly.

If its anything like our copper water lines at work, its "You dig where the water is coming up until you find the pipe. Then you sit there in depression as the pipe you find isnt physically leaking, but water is pouring out of the end of the trench one side of your hole. So you dig that direction for three meters. Until it stops flowing out of the pipe sand bed. Then you work out its oozing out of the OTHER side of your original hole, dig back 200mm and find the leak there"

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

All round drum brakes? Are you sure? :confused:

Yeah that really doesnt sound right. Rear drums maaaaaaybe (but even then, the Italians were doing 4 wheel discs on cars) but 4 wheel drums? Thats hard to believe Alfa would have done that

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yes, I too would be surprised to find that an Italian car maker in the 70's did things poorly and on the cheap

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

T-Square posted:

No lie something like this might almost get me to buy an X Box.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Don't fool yourself, it's not just the console purchase.

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/bundle/product/forza-motorsport-wheel-bundle-for-xbox-one-and-pc.html

Carbocation
Sep 2, 2006

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider

EB 142FM... Hey, we drove the same car!
Neither the tach nor the temp gauge worked, and the speedo kept wiggling within a 30km/h arc of whatever speed I was driving (but this was 3 years ago, so maybe it's fixed now).
No seatbelts was a bit sketchy driving on the narrow twisty parts, especially if there were tour buses coming the other way.
The shifter felt way forward, the transmission made terrible noise off-throttle, and it smelled like it was burning oil. But it was a super fun and scenic drive, I'd do it again in this car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yes, I too would be surprised to find that an Italian car maker in the 70's did things poorly and on the cheap

Who said the disc brakes werent cheap or poor quality?

(It's not like discs were THAT much more expensive. Plus the Italians were building entire lineups of poo poo cars with 4 wheel discs in the 70's. Citation - Lancia Beta)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Rhyno, to echo a lot of the others here, welcome to the joys of home ownership.

Here's some of the things that have happened to me since I became a homeowner:

This is a shot of about half of my back yard, I actually own up to about 2' from the corner of the back of the house in the picture and the chain link fence cut my back yard in half.

All those cedar and maple trees to the left are growing along a fence that is basically the property line that my neighbours to the back and on that side (I actually have 5 neighbouring lots bordering mine) have treated like a garabage dump for literally decades. That's why the chain link fence cut my back yard in half, to keep my dogs out of the trash back there. Around the time of the picture I had finally gotten them to stop dumping with a little help from a local yokel cop that was kind enough to explain to them what survey stakes actually look like and where the property line actually was.

Anyways, about three years ago I cut down the dead, dying, and otherwise lovely looking cedars. which was a marked improvement. I took the cedars down myself because they were basically poles and i could fall them into my back yard without any issue due to them all leaning in that way in the first place.

This was followed the maples being cut down by a tree service because most happened to be leaning over one of three other properties depending on their location, including three overhanging the roof of the house behind me.

Then that area got largely ignored by me because ya'll might remember how I've changed jobs a few times in the past year and a half and money and time were tight for awhile while I worked on other things. A couple months ago I finally got back to it. Since then I've paid the same tree service to grind up the stumps, borrowed my dad's small tractor and 5' wide tiller, re-located the chain link fence by rotating it 90*, built a privacy fence along the back property line, and picked up a bunch of garbage. Interesting finds were two hubcaps from a late 30s or early 40s Dodge DeSoto, an entire yagi tv antenna with bakelite fittings, and 3' of rebar, none of which the tiller enjoyed running over.

So now we have the present, note the second raised bed garden that is missing in the past pictures. I put it in this Spring thinking I wouldn't move the fence for awhile yet still and so now I get to move that garden next year along with the other one.

Lots of work left to go back there though, the picket fence is right on my neighbour's side of the property line and since we do not get along at all I am pretty sure he won't go splits with me on replacing it with a 6' privacy fence that's dead on the line so I'm just gonna build a privacy fence right up against it, probably next year now since I'm onto a somewhat more important project atm.

Anyways, let's go back in time, to when the cedars came down. I hated my front gardens, they were overgrown, and the one on the west side of the porch was basically just one giant pine shrub that occupied basically most of the area pictured. I don't have a "before" for this one, but here's how it looked after the shrub came out and I started working on it.

A couple days later.

I'm not gonna share a current picture of it because it's pretty overgrown with weeds atm (I kinda ignored it while busy with the back yard). Like everything else it's a work in progress.

Other projects include adding joist hangers to all the floor joists for my main floor because most had split due to lax building standards circa 1909 allowing lap joints onto beams. These are special hangers that are an actual 2" wide because the framing for my house is all rough cut hardwood. I had to special order them, and I had to buy an entire carton. This was a few years ago now.

This is the joist under my fridge, I will admit, I have done nothing about it and it's the only part of the joist project that never got completed. I still don't know how the gently caress I fix this that doesn't involve just outright replacement because sistering is not feasible. The hangers I installed are to prevent this from happening to the other joists.

This poo poo's changed too, I ripped out the walks and repaved last year, no current pictures, but believe me when I say it looks different now that there's not broken and narrow chunks of concrete pretending to be a walkway.

Mid-pave shot, note that the stairs are level and straight now.

Right now I'm replacing a substantial portion of my back deck because I put my foot through a deck board a couple months ago and then the stairs leading to my driveway disintegrated while I was going down them a few weeks ago. This is why I'm not doing the last bit of fencing in the back yard yet, too busy going full Ken on my deck's stairs.

Anyways, those are some of my adventures in home ownership.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay, a little more detail.

The inspector came out and first thing, located the water line underground and marked it with paint outside, tape inside. He shut off the supply at the street and hooked up an air tank to the line. He fed air into the line to push water out of the breach and used a scope and headphones to determine how far up the line the leak was. Initially, my plumber assumed the leak was 3-5 feet up from the valve in the basement and had a spot on the floor marked where they wanted to cut in and perform the repair. This had me worried because they were not certain of the leak location and cutting up the concrete wasn't sounding very good.

So anyways, he does the pressure tests, tap tests, turns the water on and off a few times and makes a ton of notes. I'm so glad I called this guy because he knew his poo poo, a bit more than my plumber did. He had a bit of trouble pinpointing the exact location of the leak but explained why and what we should do next. The house was on well water when built and sometime in the mid 80's, switched to city water. When they did this, they left the original well supply line in place (a poly vinyl black pipe) and ran the soft wall copper down through it and to the hookup in the basement. Somewhere along this line is where the breach happened. So at his suggestion, we're going to alter our repair plans.

The line ascends out of the ground, 5 feet deep by the house, and 36 inches at 10 feet from the house. It's sheathed in that original black piping up to this point. So we're going to dig down to that pipe and slice it open to examine the copper inside. Once we verify that we're before the leak, we'll shut off the water and cut the copper and pull it out from there. We'll run PEX in it's place down to the basement, connect it all up, check for leaks and hopefully be solid. If all goes to plan it'll be a lot of work but a fraction of the cost of the original plan the plumbers quoted us.

And now the bonus round. He called us back later and told us he had been here in 2016 for the same issue. So the owners definitely knew this was a problem. So we're looking over our insurance to see if we have to pay for this bullshit.

I'm so loving relieved that we got some actual answers. It's going to be another week before we get this repair started but at least I have a plan.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

And now the bonus round. He called us back later and told us he had been here in 2016 for the same issue. So the owners definitely knew this was a problem.

I'd say what are the odds but then I just saw my old WJ while pulling into a parking lot the other day.

I'm guessing the answer is still "you're hosed, mate" but does having evidence of prior knowledge give you any leverage at all?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We'll see. I doubt I'll get a dime back but it might save me from spending more.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Carbocation posted:

EB 142FM... Hey, we drove the same car!
Neither the tach nor the temp gauge worked, and the speedo kept wiggling within a 30km/h arc of whatever speed I was driving (but this was 3 years ago, so maybe it's fixed now).
No seatbelts was a bit sketchy driving on the narrow twisty parts, especially if there were tour buses coming the other way.
The shifter felt way forward, the transmission made terrible noise off-throttle, and it smelled like it was burning oil. But it was a super fun and scenic drive, I'd do it again in this car.

Awesome!

And nope the speedo still went mental below 30kph, it was stable above that though. I felt there was more of a petrol smell than oil and figured the other gauges were for show anyway so it didn't bother me that they didn't work.

Re: brakes, I rechecked the book we were given and it simply warned that it had drum brakes so I misread that. The book is for all the cars in the fleet so it might not even have any

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Try being old and then having a car wreck set you back even more. In one swoop my neck is hosed and my back is twice as bad as it was before (scoliosis) not sure i could take anything else like that at this point, I'd end up in a wheelchair. Pretty sure my skateboarding career is over now too :(

Also got setback with my workout routine, in one month after the accident I lost probably a year of hard work. It's crazy how fast you lose muscle with inactivity.

This here is why when I get my wife a new car I'm having her Volvo and reluctantly getting rid of the Panda.

Also, workout routine, yeah. I need to get one of those...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'd say what are the odds but then I just saw my old WJ while pulling into a parking lot the other day.

I'm guessing the answer is still "you're hosed, mate" but does having evidence of prior knowledge give you any leverage at all?

Sounds like failure to disclose, but I'm not a lawyer. But it's their word vs your plumber fellow and who knows if he wants to get tangled up in that. Maybe a letter from an attorney to them would get them to settle or cover it if your insurance doesn't.

Thread title aneurysm, :lol:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

freelop posted:

1970 Alfa Romeo Spider

That’s awesome. Where’d you rent it?

A few years back I took a trip to Italy with my wife to get engaged and rented a fiat 124 (Miata) convertible from Avis to drive up to lake como for a few days and it was perfect. We’ve talked about doing the coast next. I assume the Alfa is loud, uncomfortable, and you come out smelling like gas?

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 18, 2019

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I've talked about this before, but for people who don't memorize my posts, here's some background: My townhouse HOA covenant states that cars must be parked in the unit's garage, period. The extra rules state that units with a driveway (no definition) may park in front of the garage. Then there was a spoken rule, that units without an obvious driveway could park in front of the garage as long as they didn't block the fire lane. My unit is in this category. In January 2019 the spoken rule has been revoked, declaring all ambiguous driveways fire lanes. I protested at a few board meetings and lost. The board has repeatedly refused to write a specific and coherent rule. Instead they actively choose to have multiple sources of information that contradict each other and selectively enforce them.

So I can't park in front of my garage anymore, which sucks but I've accepted it as I'm not going to live here too much longer. But I can't sleep because I worked myself into a rage tonight. I came home to find "no parking" lines painted in front of most of the units in my culdesac.

It just pissed me off that the board is now spending money to fight with residents instead of coming up with solutions. And it's the dumbest thing, because a tape measure proves that none of these cars are impeding the fire lane, but the board wants to enforce the letter of the rule rather than the spirit of it. "don't block the fire lane" is perfectly reasonable. "all paved areas are a fire lane regardless of whether there's 60 feet of clearance behind the car" is not reasonable. They could have painted parking lines and made almost everyone happy.

I'm actually frustrated at myself for getting worked up, because it's not even about me anymore, I've accepted my fate. I'm pissed off on behalf of my neighbors who have even MORE clearance than I do, but now are saddled with the same rules. It almost makes me wonder if one resident is ruining it for everyone by being a busybody or something. That or the board chair hates cars and also people. Because it came out of the blue and is seriously illogical. Anyway it's 4 in the morning and I can't sleep.

VV exactly.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 18, 2019

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

LloydDobler posted:

I've talked about this before, but for people who don't memorize my posts, here's some background: My townhouse HOA covenant states that cars must be parked in the unit's garage, period. The extra rules state that units with a driveway (no definition) may park in front of the garage. Then there was a spoken rule, that units without an obvious driveway could park in front of the garage as long as they didn't block the fire lane. My unit is in this category. In January 2019 the spoken rule has been revoked, declaring all ambiguous driveways fire lanes. I protested at a few board meetings and lost. The board has repeatedly refused to write a specific and coherent rule. Instead they actively choose to have multiple sources of information that contradict each other and selectively enforce them.

So I can't park in front of my garage anymore, which sucks but I've accepted it as I'm not going to live here too much longer. But I can't sleep because I worked myself into a rage tonight. I came home to find "no parking" lines painted in front of most of the units in my culdesac.

It just pissed me off that the board is now spending money to fight with residents instead of coming up with solutions. And it's the dumbest thing, because a tape measure proves that none of these cars are impeding the fire lane, but the board wants to enforce the letter of the rule rather than the spirit of it. "don't block the fire lane" is perfectly reasonable. "all paved areas are a fire lane regardless of whether there's 60 feet of clearance behind the car" is not reasonable. They could have painted parking lines and made almost everyone happy.

I'm actually frustrated at myself for getting worked up, because it's not even about me anymore, I've accepted my fate. I'm pissed off on behalf of my neighbors who have even MORE clearance than I do, but now are saddled with the same rules. It almost makes me wonder if one resident is ruining it for everyone by being a busybody or something. That or the board chair hates cars and also people. Because it came out of the blue and is seriously illogical. Anyway it's 4 in the morning and I can't sleep.

So moron HOA has decided that ugly no-parking striping is more aesthetically pleasing and preferable to some cars parked safely and unobtrusively in peoples' driveways that they own. :downs:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy poo poo.. Thank gently caress we dont have that kind of innane HOA bullshit here in Australia cos I'd be hosed- My garden is different to literally every other garden in our housing development, I have a big workshop/shed rather than a garage and my house isnt made of bricks!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Residency Evil posted:

That’s awesome. Where’d you rent it?

A few years back I took a trip to Italy with my wife to get engaged and rented a fiat 124 (Miata) convertible from Avis to drive up to lake como for a few days and it was perfect. We’ve talked about doing the coast next. I assume the Alfa is loud, uncomfortable, and you come out smelling like gas?

We rented from https://www.spiderlifestyle.com and yeah that summed it up pretty well which was part of the charm

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That would be maddening. I just went through a bullshit exchange with my HOA, too. I really don't understand some of the fights they choose to pick... all it does is force me into a malicious compliance mode.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I'm still not sure what the purpose a HOA actually is? From what I've gathered here in AI a HOAs main mission is to make everyone miserable?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

LloydDobler posted:

VV exactly.

If you weren't leaving I'd have started a campaign to run for the board president's spot at this point, with a bunch of this poo poo as my platform. Door to door, asking residents what they hate about the current HOA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I sold my OG fanatec from the old Xbox Goon Forza days, and then some years later I got a new version off of eBay when I decided to try out iRacing. I don't have a console anymore and my desktop is waayyy outdated and garbage at this point.

But I still have my Fanatec wheel set collecting dust, maybe Forza will have a new Motorsport title and bundle it whenever the next Xbox comes a long.

The wheel probably wouldn't be compatible by then with my luck though