Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
mw2boycott.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It'll amount to as much as Bobby Kotick being in Epstein's contract list

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

the crossover between COD players and people that care about that kind of stuff is probably extremely low tbh.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
remember when blizzard was the lesser of two evils

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Remember when B Lizard made good games. Its a good thing my memory goes back 18 years or I wouldn't.

These are strange times

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

codo27 posted:

Remember when B Lizard made good games. Its a good thing my memory goes back 18 years or I wouldn't.

These are strange times

What did they make in 2001? WC3?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mister Facetious posted:

What did they make in 2001? WC3?

Pretty sure Diablo 2: LoD came out in 2001. D2 was one of my all time favorite games.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Per Drift0r it looks like there won't be any supply drops at all in MW and they're going to a Fortnite model battle pass with cosmetics only. No purchasable guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZST2wno5pBw

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And here's the post:

quote:

A message from the Call of Duty team.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is almost here. From the moment this project began three years ago, the energy has been extraordinary.

We’ve set our sights on not only creating the best game possible this year, but also on breaking down walls and bringing the community together. Starting with Modern Warfare, we will be:

· Introducing crossplay to unite the community across platforms for the first time.

· Removing Season Pass and a la carte DLC multiplayer map packs to ensure everyone can play together.

· Delivering free post-launch multiplayer maps and modes for all players.

· Releasing post-launch multiplayer maps and modes simultaneously on all platforms.

We are excited about what these changes will bring to Call of Duty players. That said, we also recognize there is one more topic that many fans are interested to learn more about.

Today, let’s address the basics for the in-game economy coming in Modern Warfare.

· We are introducing a new Battle Pass system, not a loot box system.

· All functional content that has an impact on game balance, such as base weapons and attachments, can be unlocked simply by playing the game.

· The new Battle Pass system will allow players to see the content that they are earning or buying. Battle Passes will launch timed to new, post-launch live seasons, so you can unlock cool new Modern Warfare-themed content that matches each season.

· With the new Battle Pass system, players will be able to earn COD Points by playing the game.

· There will be both a Free Stream and a Premium Stream of content in the Battle Pass System in Modern Warfare. New base weapons will be earned through gameplay, simply by playing Modern Warfare. Functional attachments for base weapons can be unlocked through gameplay as well just like in the game’s Beta.

· The Battle Pass and the In-Game Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content that does not impact game balance.

The Battle Pass System for Modern Warfare will not launch when the game releases on October 25th. Here’s why: First and foremost, we are all focused on making the Day One experience awesome. Second, it’s important to us that everyone who is playing Modern Warfare has the chance to work their way through the new game and unlock all the rewards that are waiting for you. We expect to launch this system for Modern Warfare later this year.

Understandably there are still questions around how the economy will evolve throughout the post-launch, live seasons. We recognize this will take time to fully demonstrate. Please know we are committed to delivering a fair system guided by the principles we’ve outlined here, and will continue to monitor feedback and player engagement to help us achieve that goal.

Please look for more information on the live seasons and post-release content plans for Modern Warfare throughout the year and beyond.

We are looking forward to playing in just a few days.

Thank you.

For more information and the latest intel check out: https://www.callofduty.com https://www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook. For more information on Activision games, follow @Activision on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Do you really want to trust a guy that doesn't like good shotguns in Call of Duty games? :raise:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
"Base weapons" instead of just "weapons" is an interesting point to have to keep hitting. I hope this simply means cosmetic reskins and not functional weapon variants.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't forget IW had exp and ability variants, sooo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If it is purely the Fortnite model this is fine and good.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Can't wait to shoot people next week.
Or more likely, being shot by people.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mr Hootington posted:

If it is purely the Fortnite model this is fine and good.

If it’s purely the Fortnite model then the base game should be loving free.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I am excite to video game. Let’s all play together thank u

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I leik milk. This is all sounding good so far, you can't use a lawyer to post this poo poo but hopefully they stick to the spirit of this, not just the letter.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fortnite has one map and no other content. MP isn’t the only mode MW 19 has.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mill Village posted:

Fortnite's map changes significantly from season to season.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I agree.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mill Village posted:

Fortnite also has a co-op campaign.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Well, at least they did something right.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Fortnite also has a co-op campaign.

That part is not free.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Finally got my gpu registration sorted, so one free CoD: MW2019 code late I am ready to call some duty with y'all

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whats the cheapest place to buy? Gf is gonna get it for me as my birthday is the day after launch, she only works retail so isn't rich or anything so any bit I can help her out would be great.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Preload is up for PS4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im off next Friday for this :3

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

codo27 posted:

Whats the cheapest place to buy? Gf is gonna get it for me as my birthday is the day after launch, she only works retail so isn't rich or anything so any bit I can help her out would be great.

Platform? I doubt the consoles will have any deals aside from grey market key sites

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I land thursday at 9pm from a biz trip and took off Friday. I'm excited.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

What weapons are confirmed at launch?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Keyblade, T Shirt cannon, Cappy and Deagle

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What weapons are confirmed at launch?

Visa, Mastercard, and .50 American Express :ocelot: :10bux:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lol

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Hopefully ps4 takes Diners Club Card.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

I did not photoshop this.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Where's the mountain dew?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Where's the mountain dew?

Being resold on eBay for a Hell of a markup...

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m sure these codes will be easy to find in stores. Just like the “sold out everywhere” Travis Scott Reeses Puffs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mill Village posted:

I’m sure these codes will be easy to find in stores. Just like the “sold out everywhere” Travis Scott Reeses Puffs.

Why were you searching for Travis Scott Reeses Puffs?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

kri kri posted:

Platform? I doubt the consoles will have any deals aside from grey market key sites

PC of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Soundtrack is up on apple music, not bad so far

also progression blog

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-10/Feature-Explaining-Player-Progression-in-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare