Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

SlipUp posted:

Former Nazi guard, 93, to stand trial in Germany over thousands of camp murders

Maybe I am the rear end in a top hat but the dude was a juvenile holding a rifle in the days were they were conscripting kids at the barrel of the gun. I thought we were more progressive w/r/t child soldiers.

He was 16, going on 17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Bombadilillo posted:

He was 16, going on 17

Baby it's time to kill

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

furtiously googleing *what age is it ok to be a nazi* *statute of limitattions on being a nazi guard*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

bell jar posted:

furtiously googleing *what age is it ok to be a nazi* *statute of limitattions on being a nazi guard*

Here you go

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

:confused:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

He's an Australian senator whose directly related to high ranking Nazis. Think Steve King but with a stronger Nazi bloodline.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So? Are you saying we should put the relatives of Nazis on trial too, even if they were literally not even born at the time?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
https://i.imgur.com/8PDHaRf.mp4

sound
https://i.imgur.com/v9dOJTs.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/pfyqhQP.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/VMBuAdq.mp4

This one's going somewhere top left of the video
https://i.imgur.com/4vjBwBA.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Some of those end way too early. You know which ones.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Knee posted:

This one's going somewhere top left of the video
https://i.imgur.com/4vjBwBA.mp4

Straight to the trash because it’s super fake.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

purple death ray posted:

The dude with the dart in his forehead is mine

That dude loving WINS CharDee MacDennis :stare:

e:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 18, 2019

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Memento posted:

the grenade one is a flashbang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuXa7OXc7JM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9tCyAHc8bk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJfDgTHf38
(the only good use of a 3 Doors Down song)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

bell jar posted:

The dude's 93 just kill him and put him in jail not like his last years are gonna be all that cool anyways.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
capital punishment is morally wrong

just come up behind him with an air horn or something

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hopefully they don't let him off easy with something like life in prison. Give him 10 hours of community service.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

toplitzin posted:

You're the rear end in a top hat.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

I'm not going to excuse the guy for being a Nazi and volunteering for the camps, but I can understand why a 17 year old would volunteer for the SS when the alternative was being sent to the Eastern Front.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Oct 18, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Resting Lich Face posted:

drat. It did not look that bad from the video.

These things never do straight away but pretty much any video where someone gets engulfed in a fireball like that is getting injuries like that guy. They'll walk away and look fine but then the burns set in later.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jedit posted:

I'm not going to excuse the guy for being a Nazi and volunteering for the camps, but I can understand why a 17 year old would volunteer for the SS when the alternative was being sent to the Eastern Front.

Even if he was forced to be in the SS at a camp isn’t he still complicit in helping commit the atrocities and not doing anything to stop them?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

RatHat posted:

Even if he was forced to be in the SS at a camp isn’t he still complicit in helping commit the atrocities and not doing anything to stop them?

He is, and I never said he wasn't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah sorry I wasn’t trying to imply that you were

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

RatHat posted:

Outside of abandoning his post and getting executed for it what could he do? Like gently caress this dude he was a nazi, but what were his options as a 17 year old kid?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why are we still talking about Nazis?

SlipUp brought it into the thread to stir up poo poo and it worked.

He didn’t even get probated for it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mammal Sauce posted:

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

You're about as gross as the other dude

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Memento posted:

I know, I just ripped em off of imgur real quick from someone else's post leading me there. Hoping to end/break up this stupid "nazi kids" derail.

I like the cat one ending early though, makes it funnier to me.

Platystemon posted:

Straight to the trash because it’s super fake.

Ya, still amusing.. cause I want to believe.

Nut shot was good though. Anyone else wanna post more thread content?

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

Have a LA Beast oldie:

Surstromming Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3194h-akJX0

His buddies had it so much worse. The Beast is just a beast in this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knee posted:

Have a LA Beast oldie:

Surstromming Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3194h-akJX0

His buddies had it so much worse. The Beast is just a beast in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwrZ1-WjsI&t=130s

oh the actual meat starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjwrZ1-WjsI&t=276s

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

Came for the Nazi defense, stayed for the preamble to every libertarian age of consent argument

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Aramoro posted:

These things never do straight away but pretty much any video where someone gets engulfed in a fireball like that is getting injuries like that guy. They'll walk away and look fine but then the burns set in later.

I've seen something like that from about 7 feet away. Night before fourth of July. South Florida. Hot as balls. We've all been sweating like motherfuckers. Our one drunk friend poured gasoline onto our smouldering firepit, and our other friend goes to stop him from putting a lighter to it. Argument ensues about if it will light our not. The dude pouring the gas insists it won't. My friend who saved him says it will. They go back and forth until the latter friend gets exasperated and goes, 'Yes it will! Look!' and puts his lighter to it. I saw the fireball curl around his back, back of his head, everything. We were all so sweaty from walking around in the heat all day and evening that he didn't even get loving singed. It's.. BURNED into my memory.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1185185633351938053?s=20

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

RatHat posted:

So? Are you saying we should put the relatives of Nazis on trial too, even if they were literally not even born at the time?

Well if they're clearly benefiting from their ancestors having been Nazis, their Nazi privilege is hard to deny.

Had a hard time typing that with a straight face.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm assuming old SS guard must be accused of doing something above and beyond typical soldiery, yeah? Like it's not normal to prosecute individual soldiers just for having been there. He must be accused of having committed some specific crime(s), not just "was on guard duty at the camp".

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm assuming old SS guard must be accused of doing something above and beyond typical soldiery, yeah? Like it's not normal to prosecute individual soldiers just for having been there. He must be accused of having committed some specific crime(s), not just "was on guard duty at the camp".

"Simply following orders" has not ever been a credible defense.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

Why are we still talking about Nazis?

SlipUp brought it into the thread to stir up poo poo and it worked.

He didn’t even get probated for it.

Decades from now, he will be.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aerdan posted:

A better translation would be nice, but from this:

C.M. Kruger posted:

Deutsche Welle:
https://www.dw.com/de/bruno-d-wie-viel-schuld-tr%E4gt-der-ehemalige-kz-w%E4chter-von-stutthof/a-50852368

quote:

Bruno D. wants to have known nothing of the mass extinction. Last year, he heard several times from the prosecutor. He did not deny being a security guard in Stutthof concentration camp. He does not hold himself guilty. He does not want to have helped with the murder either.

According to the investigators, he said to the investigators that although he had seen "bodies mutilated emaciated between the barracks", these people had died from an illness. He does not want to see the dead in the gas chamber.
It looks like he's denying he knew anything was wrong. People were simply dying from illnesses such as 9mm-to-the-back-of-the-headitis and chronic being-gassed-to-death-by-loving-Nazis syndrome.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

The entire organization was implicated in the perpetration of a massive genocide immediately after the war (legally speaking, it being obvious any other way). Investigation into who did what is on-going, arrests still happen and they go to trial. We will never know the whole story, never be able to make whole what was ripped from the world. That doesn't mean we forget or don't try.

For actual info on this topic, try the milhist thread in Ask/Tell. I would recommend reading, Ordinary Men.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Aerdan posted:

Oh, I agree, I think they're arguing that the people prosecuted tend to have been the ones either actively organizing the killings or participating directly in the war crimes, not being a random wet-behind-the-ears SS guard spending 8 hours a day at the perimeter watching nothing or whatever. Everyone working at the camps was complicit but there are levels of responsibility and action. But, I don't actually know if that's true, I think a lot of 'low-level' people got prosecuted and there just wasn't a ton of fanfare because it wasn't, to put it bluntly, anything particularly special or interesting compared to the people running the show, from a media standpoint. Obviously it's both historically and morally important to document what happened and who was involved.

Dude straight-out denying the concentration camps were carrying out an organized genocide miiiiight be part of why his trial is getting attention, as well as it happening relatively late when there's few living holocaust survivors or perpetrators still alive.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm assuming old SS guard must be accused of doing something above and beyond typical soldiery, yeah?

Let's just say the SS didnt stand for sunshine and smiles.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Or he's 93 and his brain is jello from Alzheimer's and he doesn't remember poo poo.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I think at least part of it is they're pretty much out of nazis and they want to close the books with one last trial, but given these people are actual nazis, that's fine.

Maybe you shouldn't have done all those war crimes before you became super old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

He should never have had the opportunity to become super old.