Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ken Shamrock just hit a tope. Maybe this isn't the worst timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

J-Ro posted:

Shamrock just did a tope. Moose saved him from a broken neck.

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1186088298453913601

Edit: don't doubt that both WWE and AEW said no to him, tbh.

i mean, he's not wrong to call it consistent, but...

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Shamrock is 55? What the gently caress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aergo posted:

WTF. Poor Tessa, goddamn it. :(

Chris James 2 posted:

Tessa just won the AAA women's title :woop: see, she still got booked correctly this weekend

Chris James 2 posted:

Pretty obviously happening at BFG

Chris James 2 posted:

I agreed earlier on this page with someone that she was either taking it off Cage at BFG or taking it off Sami at BFG; if she lost, it was only so she could beat Sami for it at BFG instead of Cage

It's probably their biggest show of the year, even moreso than Slammiversary. I definitely would have preferred getting it out of the way, and obviously normally I wouldn't want Sami being even a transitional champ, but there is a decent story there of how at Slammiversary she lost clean (and got his respect and the crowd applauding at the end), on a random Impact she improved, came closer and only lost due to interference, and he's getting cocky/careless by coming back each time she wants a fight to prove she can win; eventually she will

I know there were a couple more but TL;DR I was an idiot for being optimistic and giving them farrrr too much credit that I thought they actually 1) were going to see what they had in Tessa and 2) were going to capitalize on it in any major way soon after seeing it. idk what came over me. i'm sorry

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

J-Ro posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeyRyanOnline/status/1186088298453913601

Edit: don't doubt that both WWE and AEW said no to him, tbh.

It's hard to fault a decision where you can do your indie thing as well as have a ""consistent"" "paycheck" and be on "tv". But the prospect of signing to Impact when they're at that confident phase of having a new channel, before it all comes crashing down again, that's, uh, sure. At least it wasn't AEW.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

I know there were a couple more but TL;DR I was an idiot for being optimistic and giving them farrrr too much credit that I thought they actually 1) were going to see what they had in Tessa and 2) were going to capitalize on it in any major way soon after seeing it. idk what came over me. i'm sorry

I believed too, drat it. It's okay buddy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
they just named a show "Hard to Kill"

they're loving with us now

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

J-Ro posted:

Shamrock is 55? What the gently caress.

Welcome to steroids

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Welcome to steroids

Are you implying that he's been taking anything other than the Shamrock Shake protein shakes that didn't sell at all

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

2019 BOUND FOR GLORY LIVE REACTION #BOOTY RATINGS (More #BOOTY, More Fun!)

Gauntlet Match: #BOOT
Taya Valkyrie (c) v Tenille Dashwood: #BOO
Triple Threat Tag: #BOOT
Elgin v Marufuji: #BOOTY
Ladder Match: #BOOTY
Moose v Shamrock: #BO
Brian Cage (c) v Sami Callihan: #BOO

Also, make sure to catch Dr. Wagner and co. vs The Rascalz on the upcoming TV broadcast.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1186148553191649281

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
BFG was a good show! Well, not that surprising since Impact has been delivering decent/good/great PPV's since the start of the Callis/D'Amore era.

Battle Royal: N/A (Missed most of this due to NO SIGNAL FROM VENUE. Eddie "Eddie Edwards" Edwards winning was a good choice)
Valkyrie/Dashwood: eh/5 (It was solid, I guess? Johnny Bravo has excelled as a manager the whole year.)
Tag Titles: good/5 (Some real good stuff between Monster Mafia, Swann and The Mack. RVD and Rhino did their spots and that's all they need to do, really. Page and Alexander are a really underrated team in the grand scheme of things. The RVD turn was... ehh, something? :420: )
Elgin/MaruFUGI: heck yeah/5 (Poor Marufuji lost his first name traveling across the pond. Just great stuff when things finally got going on the second half)
Ladder: ow/5 (Everyone put their bodies on the line, just a great spotfest. Romero looked awesome, Blanchard had her moments to shine, Austin impressed as a slimy heel and Daga did the great Destroyer on the ladder. :rip: Romero. I'm of two minds on the ending. Austin's wins ties into Edwards winning the title shot and furthers that feud. On the other hand Blanchard is molten hot right now and they should pull the trigger on her before she inevitably leaves. Maybe those rumors about Impact not wanting to "Roman Reigns" her push have some valid ground?)
MOOSE/Shamrock: steroids/5 (How does Shamrock look like that. Aside from the tope, this was nothing special and they went all out on the smoke and mirrors. Better than the RVD/Moose match I guess. Frank Trigg pretty much no-selling Shamrock's punch got a chuckle out of me at least.)
Cage/Callihan: spots/5 (A good intense brawl to end the night. Some sick bumps with the guard rail. Cage is awesome and Callihan has been great during his Impact run.)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is approaching Bram territory now. Don't there dudes "sign" with Impact every second set of tapings?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
who’s excited for 48 year old RVD to feud with 44 year old Rhino, again

they must have feuded more in TNA than they did in ECW by this point

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

who’s excited for 48 year old RVD to feud with 44 year old Rhino, again

they must have feuded more in TNA than they did in ECW by this point

I'm sure 54 year old Sabu will look great on his tooootttally completely unexpected run-in as well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

BTF posted:

A good intense brawl
TNA really is back in all its sloppy, shined-turd glory

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is approaching Bram territory now. Don't there dudes "sign" with Impact every second set of tapings?

This is the second time they've ever signed a contract. They were brought in as local talent for tapings for GFW, ROH and TNA, and had been temporarily signed in TNA in 2017 but were released after 7 months when one half of the team (Adam Thornstowe) tore his bicep a month after signing and they basically sat the rest of the deal

They came back as local talent for the February tapings this year and were liked enough that the door was kept open. Now they've got a contract and hopefully everyone can stay healthy this time so things work out

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ah ok. It seems like they've always been there outside of a few short stretches but good signing I guess? Not that I know what signing with TNA even means anymore.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

it means carrying the brand into the future

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not that I know what signing with TNA even means anymore.

Getting paid decent-to-good when the pay shows up, with much less required appearances due to the taping schedule, and you're still able to work indies in your free time

So aside from the caveat in the first part, I'm not shocked when people take it over a WWE or AEW attempt. Jordynne's an obvious recent example, she wouldn't still be able to do Sendai Girl appearances which she loves if she had left, and the schedule's light enough that she's able to take all of December off to be with family (which obviously wouldn't be the case even if she'd been signed for NXT)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm glad that the child promotion is starting Impact South

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I said all those words that appear to be positives of TNA, so in fairness/counter to that:

https://twitter.com/noah_marufuji_/status/1186147245034336258

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's the twitter handle being right below it that makes this picture.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol that reminds me

someone find the TNA Rob Dam Van shirt image, i know it's still around

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

lol that reminds me

someone find the TNA Rob Dam Van shirt image, i know it's still around

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is Impact doing? Sami/Tessa for the title with Tessa finally going over is the most obvious thing and they're refusing to do it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What the gently caress is Impact doing? Sami/Tessa for the title with Tessa finally going over is the most obvious thing and they're refusing to do it.

From what it sounds like, they are determined to do the whole Bryan Cage-as-champ storyline they had in mind before he got injured before moving on.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

From what it sounds like, they are determined to do the whole Bryan Cage-as-champ storyline they had in mind before he got injured before moving on.

I mean Cage is cool and all but it's not anything different. So dumb.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

If anything, last night felt like the end of Cage v Sami so maybe Tessa v Cage as the story for the first few months of AXS.

I was so sad when Tessa didn't win the ladder match...

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's not surprising that TNA manages to survive financially (if the indies demonstrate anything, it's that wrestlers will basically work for free) but it remains somewhat surprising how short fan memories are.

Looking forward to many more months of "they have the best women's roster" and "they're gonna pull the trigger on x this time, things are promising" with y'all

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looking forward to many more months of "they have the best women's roster"

This one's definitely still the case, regardless of how nothing what they actually do with it is

Also Tenille might already be gone, but that was so nothing of a run I don't really know if it's a negative

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looking forward to many more months of "they have the best women's roster" and "they're gonna pull the trigger on x this time, things are promising" with y'all
You're not incorrect, but this time there are other people in charge.

Wait a second...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah if they try hard and believe in themselves, they can sell out a 2000 seat venue once a year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

...okay, so I Will watch TNA with regularity if they legitimately bring back Monty Brown

https://twitter.com/TheMooseNation/status/1186287603970129920

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please come back and cripple this dude, Monty

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

THE WHOLE SHOW FUCKIN’

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

THE WHOLE SHOW FUCKIN’

Isn't that the WWE's endgame with all these cuck/consummate marriage storylines?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

If anything, last night felt like the end of Cage v Sami so maybe Tessa v Cage as the story for the first few months of AXS.

I was so sad when Tessa didn't win the ladder match...

That's dumb though, because the entire loving point was the dynamic between Tessa and Sami.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

THE WHOLE SHOW FUCKIN’

ROB DAM VAN
THE WHOLE SHOW FUCKIN
DAM VANINATOR
DAM VOMINATOR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Their reluctance in pulling the trigger on Tessa is a real loving bummer.

coconono posted:

please come back and cripple this dude, Monty

I loved Monty so loving much. If he could POUNCE Moose out of Impact that'd be fantastic, PERIOD.