Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hes the moron who hates women

I feel like this description does nothing to narrow down YouTube /streaming personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

how dare you besmirch Chef John

Zero VGS posted:

edit: this guy admitted his voice is also fabricated for Youtube... why do these people think that's not annoying?

Because he didn't incorporate "being a lovely boss that nobody likes constantly yelling at his employees" as part of the persona

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 21, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Really funny btw considering they just play BO3 now and he's still banned

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GrandpaPants posted:

I feel like this description does nothing to narrow down YouTube /streaming personalities.

He's the popular Magic twitch streamer that hates women and doesn't wear a tie. The other popular Magic twitch streamer sex pest wears a tie on steam for whatever reason.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whoop I just realized I opened 2 FotD, wheeeee two free WC, probably just turning them into Temples

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

He's the popular Magic twitch streamer that hates women and doesn't wear a tie. The other popular Magic twitch streamer sex pest wears a tie on steam for whatever reason.

also LSV cheated on his wife

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Is there an actual anti-women event with Hoogland? I’ve seen him being anti-women mentioned constantly but haven’t seen the actual event mentioned. I’m not being skeptical, I just genuinely want to know.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

also LSV cheated on his wife

Are we cancelling people for adultery now, or just gossiping?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Hoogland confuses me so much, maybe I'm just not galaxy brain enough to understand how being completely unwatchable gets you loyal viewers.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

drainpipe posted:

Is there an actual anti-women event with Hoogland? I’ve seen him being anti-women mentioned constantly but haven’t seen the actual event mentioned. I’m not being skeptical, I just genuinely want to know.

He went on an insane rant because wizards had the gall to include women in the Pro league and not him, the brilliant and smart and marketable Jeff Hoogland.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sinteres posted:

Are we cancelling people for adultery now, or just gossiping?

I mean neither, but its not as much gossip as it is known fact.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah, hoogland freaked the gently caress out when he surprisingly WASN'T in the MPL because he's an abrasive dickbag, so he went on a tear clipping segments of people swearing from people who DID get in the MPL and started yelling about how come THEY get to say bad words on stream??? and yes, before you ask, they DID happen to be all women, weird.

Also he was going to have a Featured Streamer Event on Arena, but he pitched a fit about it being best of 1, so WotC said something like "if you don't want us to do your event, you just had to say so" and cancelled it. This was before he didn't get in the MPL too, which makes it weirder that he was surprised that he didn't get in.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Hoogland’s meltdown wasn’t over the MPL, it was not being invited to the Mythic Invitational. An event he had already declared to be not interested in on account of it being BO1.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oceanbound posted:

Hoogland’s meltdown wasn’t over the MPL, it was not being invited to the Mythic Invitational. An event he had already declared to be not interested in on account of it being BO1.

IM NOT MAD IM NOT INVITED TO THE PARTY, IN FACT IM HAPPY IM NOT INVITED, FURTHERMORE

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oceanbound posted:

And now every single Arena event of importance is in Bo3. He could have been THE Arena guy, but he was offered a spot in a Bo1 thing and instead of politely declining and explaining himself in a backstage e-mail, he dragged the wotc org person out in the open and yelled at them and got himself disinvited from everything.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tom Gorman posted:

how dare you besmirch Chef John
Is this a drive by food wishes reference? I did not expect that

Bust Rodd posted:

Whoop I just realized I opened 2 FotD, wheeeee two free WC, probably just turning them into Temples
I think I only ever drafted one before people thought it was good

Still probably gonna see play in brawl anyway, nice nice, wednesday is gonna be hype

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I like Jeff Hoogland. He's not a huge rear end in a top hat. I can understand people not liking the voice, but I'll take that over him being a jerk. Hell, most of the streamers I watch are chill people.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffleopolis posted:

I like Jeff Hoogland. He's not a huge rear end in a top hat. I can understand people not liking the voice, but I'll take that over him being a jerk. Hell, most of the streamers I watch are chill people.

A Moose posted:

Yeah, hoogland freaked the gently caress out when he surprisingly WASN'T in the MPL because he's an abrasive dickbag, so he went on a tear clipping segments of people swearing from people who DID get in the MPL and started yelling about how come THEY get to say bad words on stream??? and yes, before you ask, they DID happen to be all women, weird.

ah yes, raging out about :females: the least jerky thing you can do

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dr. Disrespect cheated on his wife and he's a very successful streamer.

Maybe it was a business move.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
She shoulda seen it coming, it's right in his name

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of food, streamers, and Magic Pros...

My biggest takeaway from MCV was from those interstitial interview promos and learning that Reid Duke eats frozen pizzas straight out of the freezer with no prep :stare:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Waffleopolis posted:

this reflects poorly on both you, and the other streamers you watch

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of food, streamers, and Magic Pros...

My biggest takeaway from MCV was from those interstitial interview promos and learning that Reid Duke eats frozen pizzas straight out of the freezer with no prep :stare:

thats how you know he's a true Gamer

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Always weirds me out these days when people have like in-depth knowledge of streamers personal lives and strong opinions on whether they are a Good Person or Bad Person.

Like honestly who gives a gently caress!!!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chomp8645 posted:

Always weirds me out these days when people have like in-depth knowledge of streamers personal lives and strong opinions on whether they are a Good Person or Bad Person.

I try to make sure I don't give lovely people money when I can help it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok you know I should have predicted that. That's on me. "The kind of person who spends money on twitch". That's the answer to who cares about this poo poo.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Chomp8645 posted:

conley woods fan spotted

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

hoogland's arena meltdown was super public though. He very publicly yelled at people who wanted to give him a job, screamed about women getting the job he refused, and then continued to be salty about it for presumably the rest of his life.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Eej posted:

ah yes, raging out about :females: the least jerky thing you can do

I don't remember that part :confused:

Anywho I do like Bloody. She is very chill and also AliEldrazi because he has a camera of two Dachshunds that play fight. :3:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jabor posted:

conley woods fan spotted

I don't know who that is! I don't who most of these people are!

The only ones I would recognize would be Caleb, the guy with tie (Stevens?), and a lady with blue hair (Lizbeth?). Couldn't tell you anything about of them except the last one has a cat named Mango. I don't know what they're doing in their lives, and I don't care! Just wanna see some Magic sometimes. I assume they do Things and have Traits.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/leearson/status/1186340281743921152?s=21

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A Moose posted:

hoogland's arena meltdown was super public though. He very publicly yelled at people who wanted to give him a job, screamed about women getting the job he refused, and then continued to be salty about it for presumably the rest of his life.

Ok that does sound pretty funny. This happened on like a live broadcast or something?

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I only enjoy the silken dulcet voice of Saffron Olive

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

gently caress yeah!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Funkdreamer posted:

I only enjoy the silken dulcet voice of Saffron Olive

Aaahhhh yeah THAT's the guy who sounds like Chef John lol

Class act, freedom fighter, and mono-R player, I think this might be my new favorite magic personality.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 21, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Free Hong Kong, play Magic.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I wonder how much WOTC will actually pick up off of the Blizzard bullshit. I’m guessing not much but judging by the threads in the Free Hong Kong forum, I’m betting some HS players quit for Magic. Seeing a popular stream roll on Blizzard would certainly help.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

I know nothing of hoogland except that I watched a video he did and he was talking about how he should believe women. Land of contacts I suppose

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok that does sound pretty funny. This happened on like a live broadcast or something?

On his own public twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
For all Wizards' corporate-capitalist sins (and there are many), they've built up a pretty good set of socially progressive bona fides. They already compared quite favorably to Blizzard when it comes to representation in game lore and to inclusion efforts among the playerbase.