Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

fsif posted:

Kidding aside, John Brown is the best receiver in the division now, right?

He certainly has the best touchdown dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:420:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Buffalo is going to upset whoever they play in the wildcard by a minute margin and then get blown out by their next opponent

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
The more pressing question for the Bills is not whether Josh Allen is a bust, but rather if Dean McDermott is in some way the second coming of Dick Jauron (who coincidentally started 5-1 in 2008).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Trent’s concussion broke him, he dodges that hit and they probably make the playoffs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

I just checked and Darnold’s career stats so far are...nothing special? He completed 57% of his passes last year, threw 17 TDs to 15 INTs, had a passer rating of 77.6 and a QBR of 45.5, and had a record of 4-9. If you add the two games so far this season some of those go up slightly (59% completion, 20 TDs to 16 INTs, 5-10 record, passer rating up to 80). That’s all he managed with the Jets’ “vaunted” skill position players?
If we want to use crap stats to build our opinions we can also go back to their last 6 games, one of which Sam literally had mono and strep throat.

code:
        Com     Att     Cmp%    Yards   Y/A     TD  INT     QBRat     Fum
Sam     131     198     66.2%   1444    7.29    9   2       98.55 	2
Josh    118     189     62.4%   1324    7.01    7   7       80.21	5

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 21, 2019

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That’s an awfully specific number op

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There's been 6 games played by Josh Allen this season, which should be indicative of his current form.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

This is such a stupid argument. Long throws don't count for YPA now? You think the best QB's that have high YPA's don't throw it both deep and short? They all count.

No one is saying those throws don't count. Average is the whole smear, so you saying, "Hey, he had one game with a good average" is the very argument you think is stupid. They all count. My point is, he had a single pass with 70+ yards after the catch and that brought his average in a single game up above the 7 we're talking about, but still wasn't enough to bring his overall average that far. Do you think he'll have more games with passes like that, or more like Tannehill games? From a play calling perspective, Gase leans towards Tannehill stats by design.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's been 6 games played by Josh Allen this season, which should be indicative of his current form.

I’d argue it’s indicative of his form over the past six weeks, in which case it’s fairer to compare to Darnold’s two games

If you want to stretch back to last year do it for both, we’ll mentally adjust for game day fitness

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm the included fumbles but no other rushing-related stat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

torgeaux posted:

No one is saying those throws don't count. Average is the whole smear, so you saying, "Hey, he had one game with a good average" is the very argument you think is stupid. They all count. My point is, he had a single pass with 70+ yards after the catch and that brought his average in a single game up above the 7 we're talking about, but still wasn't enough to bring his overall average that far. Do you think he'll have more games with passes like that, or more like Tannehill games? From a play calling perspective, Gase leans towards Tannehill stats by design.

This is like 45+ yards in the air....

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1183819919386763267

His avg without this play was also 8, not below 7.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

torgeaux posted:

My point is, he had a single pass with 70+ yards after the catch
That pass was 45+ in the air. Give it it's due. It wasn't YAC.

https://twitter.com/NflFull/status/1184577142618804229

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

I'm the included fumbles but no other rushing-related stat.
Josh Allen does not only fumble on rushing attempts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I’d argue it’s indicative of his form over the past six weeks, in which case it’s fairer to compare to Darnold’s two games

If you want to stretch back to last year do it for both, we’ll mentally adjust for game day fitness

Any snapshot you pick, Sam's numbers are better to vastly better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Week 17 2018

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Devante Parker is going to have a Robert Woods like career resurrection if he ever gets to play for a decent organization. This is my hot take.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

Any snapshot you pick, Sam's numbers are better to vastly better.

Excuse me? Josh Allen has 190 yards rushing.

Sam Darnold has.... 1.

Given that establishing the run is the most important thing in all of football, I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Can't argue with that honestly. It Just Wins Games.

Pass to score; Run to win.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

This is like 45+ yards in the air....

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1183819919386763267

His avg without this play was also 8, not below 7.

Ok, so only 45 yards after the catch. It was great. I think Darnold could be a good long ball guy, and is capable of much better stats than he's gonna have.

Prediction? Around 7 per at the end of his time under Gase. You can keep deliberately misreading this as a ding on Darnold, and keep pointing at literally one game (again, pointing out that one game would be above his average seems to miss the point of averaging) while pulling your hair out that I'm saying one pass literally changed that whole game's stat line for him. Of course the pass counts for his average. Let me ask again, do you think that game is going to represent his average stat line going forward? Do you think Gase is going to have a negative impact on his averages? I see you all over the place, wailing about Gase, then getting excited after a good game. Welcome to the Gase experience, invest in health insurance that covers psychotherapy.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

i will decide who to draft based on the results of the bama/lsu game

The one Mac Jones plays in or the one in the playoffs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Ok, so only 45 yards after the catch. It was great. I think Darnold could be a good long ball guy, and is capable of much better stats than he's gonna have.

Prediction? Around 7 per at the end of his time under Gase. You can keep deliberately misreading this as a ding on Darnold, and keep pointing at literally one game (again, pointing out that one game would be above his average seems to miss the point of averaging) while pulling your hair out that I'm saying one pass literally changed that whole game's stat line for him. Of course the pass counts for his average. Let me ask again, do you think that game is going to represent his average stat line going forward? Do you think Gase is going to have a negative impact on his averages? I see you all over the place, wailing about Gase, then getting excited after a good game. Welcome to the Gase experience, invest in health insurance that covers psychotherapy.

Gase has never had a QB this good as a HC. If he stays healthy he's going to make Gase look good.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Gase has never had a QB this good as a HC. If he stays healthy he's going to make Gase look good.

Ok, not an answer, but this will be the pull quote later. Darnold has so much more potential than Tannehill, but Gase never called plays that fit Tannehill's strengths as a passer. Time will tell if he does better for Darnold.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Josh Allen does not only fumble on rushing attempts.

But what if we go back SEVEN games?

pre:
Player    Cmp%  TDs   INTs  Yards   GWD   4QC   Ws    Games with Broken rear end Spleen
Allen     63%   15    13    1833    4     2     6     0
Darnold   64%   9     6     1751    1     1     2     4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lets see if Sam can beat the 13/28 with 3 INTs and a fumble that Josh put up against New England.

*fingers crossed*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Remember, if you lose your team is fraudulent

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

More importantly, how will the Patriots 12th man, the refs, impose their will on the game tonight?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m rooting for big Sam myself

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If the Patriots lose this game they're almost certainly fraudulent.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

This should really read “any outcome that doesn’t favor the Jets is fraudulent”

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only bona fide good team in the league is San Francisco, I will not respond to questions

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t doubt the Jets will outperform the Bills on offense, but I question whether they can hold the pats to 16 in one half

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Every ESPN pregame show for any patriots game is a 2 hours of fellating Brady. Utterly unwatchable.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Repeat this mantra and find inner peace

“Peyton was better.”

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Eli was better twice

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m sure comparing Rosen to Darnold is a convenient move but considering the pearl clutching over how talented the Jets ACTUALLY ARE let’s say they should be closer to Buffalo

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 22, 2019

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What happened in 76? Certainly nothing good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ESPN might as well be loving NESN.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

mcmagic posted:

ESPN might as well be loving NESN.

Does NESN cover 80% Lebron even though he only played in 20 games the Lakers won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sunday Morning posted:

Eli was better twice

18-1 all Eli, deserves the hall for that alone.