Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Furnaceface posted:

Is NB still the province with the highest average age because everyone young fucks off the second they can?

e: Nope Newfoundland/Labrador took over this year with an average age of 47.1(!!!)

When the olds die here there's going to be an interesting vacuum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They’re not racist they’re just xenophobic.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jeb! even got the hudson bay the madman.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

did this guy just say that Quebecers aren't racist but xenophobic?

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Anyone have any ridings where the PPC is anywhere near present? I'm in a rural one just outside Toronto and there are PPC signs all over the place in the one a little more north of me.

Dude has a really good web page: https://sylcarle.ca/

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jordan7hm posted:

They’re not racist they’re just xenophobic.

Let me guess theyre talking about Quebec right

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

JOIN IRC.SYNIRC.NET #diefenbunker FOR ALL YOUR CANPOL NEEDS

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BWV posted:

did this guy just say that Quebecers aren't racist but xenophobic?

they aren't racist, they're raciste

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I think theres a PPC lady in my home riding, who's been living out of a van for the past month.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

former glory posted:

Anyone have any ridings where the PPC is anywhere near present? I'm in a rural one just outside Toronto and there are PPC signs all over the place in the one a little more north of me.

Dude has a really good web page: https://sylcarle.ca/

up here in Grande Prairie PPC signs are easily the 2nd most prevalent in the riding on the major roadways. They are just the cheap small wire ones though, no actual investment of any cash. I don't see many of them driving through the residential neighbourhoods.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Someone drew another swastika on the local ppc sign again here yesterday/last night sometime.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CBC is predicting a Jeb! majority. Pack it in folks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
So is covering the Bloc the booby prize, or do they have the best parties?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Conservative panelist on CBC is suddenly really bummed out...

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

HookShot posted:

Someone drew another swastika on the local ppc sign again here yesterday/last night sometime.

Yesterday. I was running by a downed PPC sign just off the road so I decided to stop and moved it to a nearby wooded area nowhere near the road where it couldn't cause any accidents. It was very satisfying.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

I wish CBC had sent a reporter with a head covering to the BQ and PP headquarters.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Starsfan posted:

up here in Grande Prairie PPC signs are easily the 2nd most prevalent in the riding on the major roadways. They are just the cheap small wire ones though, no actual investment of any cash. I don't see many of them driving through the residential neighbourhoods.

Interesting - they could do pretty well up there. If they pull more than 2% of the popular vote, it'll be a pretty big blow to the cons and may be a bigger deal in the next election. That platform is going to have a lot of traction with the paranoid boomer demo when it has more time to set roots.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

JOIN IRC.SYNIRC.NET #diefenbunker FOR ALL YOUR CANPOL NEEDS

:justpost:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Nick Biped posted:

Oh man, I literally drive by that corner to and from work every day. Haven't yet seen any pedestrians myself cloaked in confederate flag finery, but I've seen more than a few pick-up trucks with something similar on them, plus various other conservative-type bumper stickers.

One of the apartments right there also has a confederate flag plastered to the window, and I have to wonder if hoodie dude lives there.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

this election rap is really off putting. more so than bob rae.

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

infernal machines posted:

Sortilege, mon ami?

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

Most of the polls just closed time to hit refresh non stop

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

A nationalized news service is worth it solely for the absence of private ads during election coverage. All the better after watching US election results in comparison.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

infernal machines posted:

The Bloc rented out a concert venue for their election party.

Along with two adjacent bars.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Helm, maximum warp! Engage.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

former glory posted:

Interesting - they could do pretty well up there. If they pull more than 2% of the popular vote, it'll be a pretty big blow to the cons and may be a bigger deal in the next election. That platform is going to have a lot of traction with the paranoid boomer demo when it has more time to set roots.

I'd love if they did fairly well so the right can have it's vote split again.

Also I've seen quite a few PPC signs in the rich parts of Calgary, which is depressing

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Chantal Hébert is remarkably adept at appearing like she was just dragged out of bed and thrown on a stage whenever they call on her.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

I'd love if they did fairly well so the right can have it's vote split again

A reminder though that last time that happened they soon merged into the mainstream conservatives and moved them even further to the right.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Peterman's Bridge needs to pace himself. He's really drunk already.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Bloc rented out a concert venue for their election party.

Along with two adjacent bars.

Okay, that's good to know.

I mean, if nothing else it's gotta be traditional

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

A reminder though that last time that happened they soon merged into the mainstream conservatives and moved them even further to the right.

shes been on CBC's speed dial since I was a toddler. if I was that secure in my position I wouldnt even change out of sweatpants

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Then we'd just get the current CPC again.

Also Bernier seems to hold a grudge so it probably wouldn't happen under his watch

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

aaaand ppc is leading a seat :shepicide:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Which shithole riding has the blemish of shame for having a PPC candidate leading?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Madkal posted:

Which shithole riding has the blemish of shame for having a PPC candidate leading?

Bernier's.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Madkal posted:

Beauce, of course

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Only 1 of 242 polls reporting in yet though and hes' only winning by 16 votes.

He IS stealing a seat from the Cons though so go Mad Max.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Stretch Marx posted:

When the olds die here there's going to be an interesting vacuum.
That will immediately be filled with Irving brand old people voting robots.
Haha you thought you could gain control? Irving controls all, now and forever.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Is it possible that the Bloc Quebecois extend their tendrils into the rest of Canada and make everyone speak French?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Svaha posted:

That will immediately be filled with Irving brand old people voting robots.
Haha you thought you could gain control? Irving controls all, now and forever.

I live in their HQ city. Trust me. Trying to get people to stop sucking their dick is excruciating.

That being said, a lot of people my age all voted NDP this time around. So hopefully the olds kick the bucket sooner than later.