Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I look forward to the Auralnauts version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

It's all true. All of it.

I think it’s about time for a big, hearty lmao

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Chewie and the Falcon are recognizable props, they'll be here forever.

Threepio has a recognizable voice actor so he needs a software upgrade or whatever.

also big lol at the leaks being true

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm assuming Keri Russell must be in this movie for 5 minutes since she hasn't really been in these trailers much

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm assuming Keri Russell must be in this movie for 5 minutes since she hasn't really been in these trailers much

Set the over/under equal to rose's sister's screen time

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
C-3PO: "Taking one last look sir, at my friends"

Rey (thinking to herself): "Did I even speak to this droid once in the last two movies?"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so can someone repost/relink whichever leak is looking like the real one?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

so can someone repost/relink whichever leak is looking like the real one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qn_spdM5Zg

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

It's all true. All of it.

If those leaks are correct they really hosed this movie up.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I'm still amazed that they're bringing the emperor back for, like, no reason. The last movie had kylo smash his mask and blithely chop an emperor-surrogate in half while saying "let the past die," and in this movie he glues his mash together and the emperor is back despite having absolutely nothing to do with the plot this far lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never thought I would be watching a Star Wars trailer and feeling zero excitement, yet here we are.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Polo-Rican posted:

I'm still amazed that they're bringing the emperor back for, like, no reason. The last movie had kylo smash his mask and blithely chop an emperor-surrogate in half while saying "let the past die," and in this movie he glues his mash together and the emperor is back despite having absolutely nothing to do with the plot this far lol

That's why Rian Johnson's movie will be remembered as being the best one of this series, probably.

JJ is a hack. Literally what Rich Evans said: "Goddamn JJ and his mystery box bullshit. This is going to be terrible."

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Polo-Rican posted:

writing checks the franchise can't cash

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Polo-Rican posted:

People love their evil Sith lords. I remember people getting pissed off at Maul dying in TPM because "He was supposed to be the Vader of the prequels!" (Despite ZERO evidence that this was ever going to be the case).

JJ just giving the fans what they want.

I said come in! posted:

I never thought I would be watching a Star Wars trailer and feeling zero excitement, yet here we are.

Same

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeOrA2in1c&t=420s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Polo-Rican posted:

Um, excuse me. JJ Abrams addressed Kylo Ren repairing his helmet:

JJ Abrams posted:

Having him be masked, but also fractured, is a very intentional thing. Like that classic Japanese process of taking ceramics and repairing them, and how the breaks in a way define the beauty of the piece as much as the original itself. As fractured as Ren is, the mask becomes a visual representation of that. There's something about this that tells his history. His mask doesn't ultimately hide him and his behaviour is revealed.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/01/jj-abrams-addresses-kylo-rens-repaired-mask-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Preston Waters posted:

That's why Rian Johnson's movie will be remembered as being the best one of this series, probably.

JJ is a hack. Literally what Rich Evans said: "Goddamn JJ and his mystery box bullshit. This is going to be terrible."

Rian Johnson's cinematic "gently caress you" to JJ Abrams is probably going to go down as one of Disney's biggest creative fuckups..
Not because it was inherently a bad film but more because they gave their billion dollar franchise vehicle to a cinematic anarchist and clearly have refused to follow down the narrative structures he set up. It's going to be a useless midpoint that killed Luke for no thematic purpose because Disney can't follow that premise through

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I think JJ just said the other day that he is not good with endings, to which almost everyone correctly answered in unison 'we know'

In fairness to him part of the problem is that there was never a cohesive idea of what the trilogy was supposed to be and it's going to show in the tonal whiplash from film to film.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The good news is that this is almost over and now they they have killed off all the original cast, fan boys won't have to pretend to care about the next trilogy and maybe this cursed franchise can die the death it clearly yearns for

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Preston Waters posted:

Oh, are we unironically quoting RLM again?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

George H.W. oval office posted:

I look forward to the Auralnauts version

100% this. There seems to be enough Creepio footage that they can make it work. They've legitimately created a more entertaining and coherent narrative than Disney.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The good news is that this is almost over and now they they have killed off all the original cast, fan boys won't have to pretend to care about the next trilogy and maybe this cursed franchise can die the death it clearly yearns for

lol if anybody thinks they aren't going to make a new trilogy of episode films like 5 years from now

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Oversaturated desert colors and giant air-bombs of brightly colored smoke, straight up unashamed lift from Fury Road. A+.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
The funny part is that if they really wanted the emperor back, they could have essentially done that by having Kylo go nuts with dark side force power and physically transform into a character that looks, sounds, acts, and even dresses like the OT emperor... It would make so much more sense in the context of this trilogy... It would be interesting watching a handsome young guy slowly turn into an ugly hunched warlock - like Anakin's transformation in the PT, except more physically gross... It would be really cool seeing what Adam Driver did with that type of character... And it would make it much more dramatic when Rey sees him again, face to face. But no, just literally bring back old Palpatine instead ya dinguses

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Preston Waters posted:

lol if anybody thinks they aren't going to make a new trilogy of episode films like 5 years from now

They are not paying attention at least, cause Disney already confirmed this is happening.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Isn’t it going to be KOTOR?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I don't know if those are 'Episode' films or 'Star Wars Story' films.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Gonz posted:

*sits down to watch movie, wonders why the gently caress it's in first person*

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Are David Benioff and D.B. Weiss still being given their own trilogy? Because that'll make the two Abrams films look like Citizen Kane by comparison.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So Sheev has just been chilling on the space version of Ice Crown Glacier, on his space version of the Frozen Throne? Warcraft is crossing over with Star Wars?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I said come in! posted:

They are not paying attention at least, cause Disney already confirmed this is happening.

Back in April, Kennedy said this to EW what their tentative plans are after TROS:

quote:

We’re going to take a hiatus for a couple of years. And we’re taking the time to really look at where this is going from the standpoint of a saga. We’re not just looking at what the next three movies might be, or talking about this in terms of a trilogy. We’re looking at: What is the next decade of storytelling?

https://mashable.com/article/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-movies-hiatus/

My guess is no more episodic Skywalker films for a little while, if ever. TROS might just be the end of the Skywalker saga, and whatever Episodes X and beyond are will probably start a whole new saga. Lucasfilm's primary focus is probably going to be pumping out SW content for Disney+ and then 2-3 years later, they'll have whatever the gently caress they hired the Game of Thrones writers for, and Rian Johnson's alleged trilogy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

Yes! Speaking of, the new Old Republic expansion launches tomorrow.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Extremely dramatic luke trailer voice* rich evans was right... about everything

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I'm sure once they get the Emperor out of the way they'll be able to really tell the story of what happens to the galaxy after the Emperor dies.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

nah they haven't confirmed that they are Episodes.

teagone posted:

Back in April, Kennedy said this to EW what their tentative plans are after TROS:

https://mashable.com/article/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-movies-hiatus/

My guess is no more episodic Skywalker films for a little while, if ever. TROS might just be the end of the Skywalker saga, and whatever Episodes X and beyond are will probably start a whole new saga. Lucasfilm's primary focus is probably going to be pumping out SW content for Disney+ and then 2-3 years later, they'll have whatever the gently caress they hired the Game of Thrones writers for, and Rian Johnson's alleged trilogy.

This is how I see it too, but I guarantee you they'll come back to their cash cow if some of the stand-alone movies falter.

It may not have a Skywalker in it, but it'll be a continuation of some of the characters or something alone those lines. I'd put money on it. Daisy Ridley said she was only doing three movies, for now at least, but she might come back to it years down the road. Attitudes change and Disney has endless coffers.

Preston Waters fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 22, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Preston Waters posted:

nah they haven't confirmed that they are Episodes.

Fair enough! I just want Star Wars to end already. But massive cash cow and all of that.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
the trailer sucks but I'm still interested enough in Palpatine and the submerged Executor that I'll probably watch a cam rip. sure as hell not gonna pay money though

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Fair enough! I just want Star Wars to end already. But massive cash cow and all of that.

It will never end. Star Wars will continue on way after we are all dead and gone. The Mouse must feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

YaketySass posted:

Chewie and the Falcon are recognizable props, they'll be here forever.

Threepio has a recognizable voice actor so he needs a software upgrade or whatever.

also big lol at the leaks being true

what were the leaks