Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wonder if there will be a game to go with those remixes.:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sonic Team has finally stopped pretending their games were anything more than soundtrack delivery services and will now just put out albums.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonic Team Records

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1182326347684691969

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s really good.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

could it
could it be?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Them continuing to engage Tee Lopes outside of the Mania stuff is only a good sign.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I want to hope it is a SA remake, but it probably isn't. Then again, if the other remixes are also from SA...

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The existing Dreamcast ports aren't available on Switch or PS4 and are only on Xbox One through backwards compatibility.That's likely a quick port job and why not have Tee Lopes remix a couple tracks to sell it?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

I think you nailed it. Unfortunately... :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Problem with SADX being on anything but PC is that you can't mod it to not look like total dogshit.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of SADX:

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/1182404701125578757?s=19

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

if any of you get SADX on Steam make sure to download Better SADX
Also the Dreamcast restoration add-ons because SADX kinda looks like poo poo compared to the original

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The official sonic stream says that's going to be the only Sonic Adventure 1/2 song remixed.

E:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1182446631301472256

Dehry fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 11, 2019

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
These remixes they're teasing were probably made for the new Mario & Sonic game, I'm guessing.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1184136851734482944?s=19

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s probably because his dimensions work better for the game, but interesting they used Classic Sonic for this.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So the new Sonic design from the upcoming movie has supposedly been leaked:

Still not great but a slight improvement at the very least.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

To be honest I was always kinda surprised they never made a Super-Monkey-Ball gameplay Sonic spinoff game where rather than being in a ball he's just rolled up the whole time, seemed to be a good fit. Guess this is halfway there.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 15, 2019

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I’m clueless on animation, but they could have changed the model’s design while keeping the “skeleton” the same so they wouldn’t have to go through and redo all of his animation for the movie. This has the benefit of saving looooads of time, just tweaking stuff that looks bad, while having the price of limiting just how much you can change the design since deviating too far will gently caress with the animation.

And this isn’t just animation, but acting. If you give Sonic his normal skinny noodle arms, it’ll look weird if someone grabs him but their hands never close around his arm because the actor had used a prop or stand-in for something with the size of the original model.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Well he slightly resembles game sonic now, which is an improvement, but he also still looks like a weird little gremlin.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That's pretty much what I expected, so while a full redesign would have been better, as a quick fix I'm happy with that.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
drat he was hitting the gym in the meantime

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like him better. But honestly Live actions Sonic was still a bad idea from the get go.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I’m clueless on animation, but they could have changed the model’s design while keeping the “skeleton” the same so they wouldn’t have to go through and redo all of his animation for the movie. This has the benefit of saving looooads of time, just tweaking stuff that looks bad, while having the price of limiting just how much you can change the design since deviating too far will gently caress with the animation.

And this isn’t just animation, but acting. If you give Sonic his normal skinny noodle arms, it’ll look weird if someone grabs him but their hands never close around his arm because the actor had used a prop or stand-in for something with the size of the original model.

Oh yeah, it would've been impossible on a practical level to change the basic proportions and layout of the model for the re-do given how far along they were. Given that constraint this is about the best they could probably do.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like him better. But honestly Live actions Sonic was still a bad idea from the get go.
At least Nintendo is wising up and gonna make their second attempt at a big Mario movie animated.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1z3z_-p6yg

Sonic 3D Blast demo tapes being posted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Larryb posted:

So the new Sonic design from the upcoming movie has supposedly been leaked:

Hard to make a complete judgment until you see his mouth move, which was by far the worst part of the original, but that aside, I'm fine with this.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Larryb posted:

What do you mean not great? It just looks like Sonic now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Amppelix posted:

What do you mean not great? It just looks like Sonic now.

Fair enough, nevermind that (he just looked slightly weird from the front to me). Like has been said, for a rush job this is probably the best they could do. No guarantee the movie will be good but Sonic at least looks a lot more like himself now.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 17, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought the trailer was silly fun but the plot seems creatively bankrupt so who knows.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcWQEQWY6w

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I think my favorite part about 3D fan engines is how there are so many demo levels and relatively few actual ones

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sonic and friends stuck in endless checkerboard voids.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Ironically, I feel like these endless voids full of setpieces would be most fun for Adventure style hunt levels. Making them fun to explore instead of obtuse basically seems like it'd solve the main problem those levels have.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pants Donkey posted:

Sonic and friends stuck in endless checkerboard voids.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW25LsLmOTs

Sonic 3D Blast song that was reused for Pleasure Castle in Sonic Adventure

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Like half of Sonic 3D's music got reused, it seems

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW25LsLmOTs

Sonic 3D Blast song that was reused for Pleasure Castle in Sonic Adventure

This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sonic 3D Blast had some cool tunes. I'm a huge fan of Volcano Valley A2.

Not Sonic Blast but the start of FB Act 2 is still so loving cool.