Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Just want to say I'm excited for this movie regardless of how accurate SuperShadows leak happens to be.

It's loving Star Wars, get hype.

With that said...

Very smart of Disney to release the Lucas Special Edition of Rise of Skywalker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like having kylo run the empire for a year kinda robs him of what thin goodboy momentum he had remaining, which was really propped up by the films taking place over two days. But sure, whatever, guess he's goodboy now

He killed Han but he feels bad about it now so it's all good guys.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Killing Han is probably morally neutral on net.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Gonz posted:

Surnames are a tricky thing in the SW universe.

Obi-Wan thought it'd be rad as hell to hide Darth Vader's son under the name "Luke Skywalker" but Darth Vader's daughter under her adopted name of Organa.

Luke’s last name is officially Lars, not Skywalker.

He starts calling himself Skywalker after he finds out he’s adopted, because “you’re not my real dad!”

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

He starts calling himself Skywalker after he finds out he’s adopted, because “you’re not my real dad!”

In your fanfic, is this before the events of A New Hope?

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

TheBuilder posted:

New image just leaked on Reddit/4chan about an hour ago:

https://i.redd.it/21wa7alb05u31.png

I can't get over the fact that they only went with blue good guy lightsabers in the ST (excluding the flashback). Green lightsaber got screwed over.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheBuilder posted:

New image just leaked on Reddit/4chan about an hour ago:

https://i.redd.it/21wa7alb05u31.png

This isn’t even the best leak of today

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also a 1981 McQuirre sketch from ROTJ

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hey, it's the Senate!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look at how happy that jolly bastard is!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Jesus posted:

I can't get over the fact that they only went with blue good guy lightsabers in the ST (excluding the flashback). Green lightsaber got screwed over.

It's because Ben Solo is a Jedi Guardian not a Jedi Consular. You'd have known this if you'd spent any time playing KOTOR! :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gonz posted:

Look at how happy that jolly bastard is!

Honestly at this point seeing him / Matt Smith chew scenery is what I’m paying a ticket for

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Disney/Lucasfilm is filled with Bothan spies!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Neo Rasa posted:

She waves away whatever huge battle she's in as a "union dispute" but given her character/etc. it seemed obvious her and a bunch of her criminal/smuggler/etc. employees were in a massive shootout with some other criminals/smugglers/whatever. I mean I doubt there's a republic recognized union of smugglers negotiating on behalf of smugglers everywhere.

There's a bounty hunters union.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Here are the fully updated storyboards for IX.

Edit: loving LOL if Kylo gets Boba Fett’d in the final act.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 22, 2019

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Teek posted:

In your fanfic, is this before the events of A New Hope?

It’s in Episode 2 and 3.

Shmii marries Cliegg Lars, whose son is Owen Lars. Later, Owen Lars and his wife Beru Lars adopt Luke to raise as their own. They know about the Jedi purges, so obviously they name the kid Luke Lars.

At some point before Episode 4, Luke finds out he’s adopted. So the Larses admit that Luke’s dad was a pilot named Anakin Skywalker, but cover up the fact that Anakin was a Jedi because being a Jedi is extremely dangerous.

(The Larses probably didn’t know Anakin became Darth Vader, given that Obiwan literally took that secret to his grave.)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonz posted:

This whole thing is just stupid enough to be believable and is probably for sure how the film plays out.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Gonz posted:

It's just the kind of ending this trilogy deserves.

God that still sounds like something from a rejected fanfic. Like, I know lorewise that Palpatine's flagship had a mini death star beam on it, but that was it and it was 1/3 of the power not full on planet busting.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 22, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

quote:

There is apparently mention of the First Order interference with the Resistance's signals on Crait and not allowing responses back through, but they heard the call for help loud and clear.

lmao

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The starkillers are getting smaller!!! :aaaaa:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao that would completely undercut the entire movie

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Papercut posted:

The starkillers are getting smaller!!! :aaaaa:

The next trilogy will have nano-bot Death Stars.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Those first order guys must feel pretty stupid building their one super Death Star when they could’ve built a thousand separate Death Stars instead

I said come in! posted:

The next trilogy will have nano-bot Death Stars.

They’re going to follow Lucas’s idea for the sequels and go into the microscopic world, where it will turn out the midichlorians are Death Stars

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Darksaber, but it's just an actual lightsaber

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of Death Star Destroyers in this.

Glory hallelujah.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

drat my phone wont open that pdf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gonna be interesting to see how fans react to Chewbacca dying pretty early into the movie.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I would feel embarrassed for a 12 year old putting this in fanfiction, it's honestly gobsmacking me that this might be something real adult creative people being paid signed off on

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

drat my phone wont open that pdf

Here’s a Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k-gO17Y1ENyq2aahYqDAFgeMrqP95qaNhIaLtiFLDAE/edit?usp=sharing

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Gonna be interesting to see how fans react to Chewbacca dying pretty early into the movie.

I’m confused by that. Rey blows up the transport he's on with force lightning, but also she recovers his effects when she's on a first order ship later?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zoran posted:

I’m confused by that. Rey blows up the transport he's on with force lightning, but also she recovers his effects when she's on a first order ship later?

Not that far along in the reading just yet, but inconsistencies have been common for this trilogy. So far I still believe all of this, the trailers actually back up quite a bit of it too even.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Chewbacca lives after all

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Gonz posted:

Good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zoran posted:

Chewbacca lives after all

Was just about to post that a few paragraphs later, Chewbacca is still alive. So the writing in this document is super weird and doesn't account for its own inconsistencies. So we know that some of it can't be trusted.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Was just about to post that a few paragraphs later, Chewbacca is still alive. So the writing in this document is super weird and doesn't account for its own inconsistencies. So we know that some of it can't be trusted.

No his death was a sort of fake out where they only THOUGHT he was dead. At least that's how I read it. I don't know what the gently caress is going on in that movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Yeah, I doubt the storyboard is 100% legit. Probably 80-85% right, but I do specifically remember a prior incarnation pointing out that Chewy was on another ship and didn’t die.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

No his death was a sort of fake out where they only THOUGHT he was dead. At least that's how I read it.

Fair point! Looking at it again I see where you're coming from. That sounds like an accurate reading to me, I agree.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Still can’t get over the idea that the Resistance's allies really did hear the distress call in TLJ, and they had plenty of ships on hand to help, and they wanted to assist, but they couldn’t get their return call through so they gave up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh poo poo, the leak where he shoots force lightning into the sky and it becomes super force lightning was right! Now I'm hype.