Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That's strange. I bought it from the place I bought the gas but didn't keep the paperwork.

Edit: sold for full asking price to the first guy that looked at it. Probably priced a little low but I'm happy. I was going to list it for $300 initially. :v:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp posted:

So since I am redoing a big chunk of our house due to a dishwasher leak, I'm doing a lot of the work myself. I am in the process of taking out some soffits in the kitchen and need to do some cutting. I figured... why would I use my old, beat-up Craftsman circular saw that I cut through the cord in the '90s and wire nutted it back together... when I could just buy a new Milwaukee m18 fuel 6 1/2" circular saw for the cutting. :D

I mis-posted that to the garage thread, but the saw showed up today. Man, the M18 Fuel stuff is nice. Just little additions like the LED right in front of the blade really makes a difference.

I got one of three soffits removed and having a cordless circular saw made it so much easier. I'll definitely be buying more of the red plastic stuff.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I keep buying ryobi junk because it's cheaper than real corded tools and home depot keeps giving free batteries with it. :smith:

This time i'm keeping the recipts in their own folder for warranty. I hope it covers their poo poo being hammered on by a gorilla.

I don't know what their game is with the chargers, but i've got like 18 of them now

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

I keep buying ryobi junk because it's cheaper than real corded tools and home depot keeps giving free batteries with it. :smith:

This time i'm keeping the recipts in their own folder for warranty. I hope it covers their poo poo being hammered on by a gorilla.

I don't know what their game is with the chargers, but i've got like 18 of them now

I don't have any Ryobi, but I've pushed my dad into some. For his use, it's perfect. It's not bad quality, just not as strong as yellow or red.

I'm in a mix of ecosystems... I have Fein oscilating and hammer drill, Bosch 1/4 impact and drill, Milwaukee 1/2" impact and circular, and a couple extra DeWalt 20v batteries with only a blower to use them on (I bought an EZGo blower this year to go with the mower for the extra battery capacity)... so I've got chargers out the rear end with every different type of battery. :sigh:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Ryobi is perfect for my use case, but the trigger on my drill breaking before I even used it once soured me on the brand and I've switched to Milwaukee.

Edit: Makita. D'oh!

Uthor fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 20, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I loved my Ryobi tools and I beat on them pretty hard and used them often. Had to replace everything so I went with Milwaukee because why not, but I never had any complaints with my Ryobi stuff at all.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I'm very happy with my Bosch 12V tools so far. The drill has been beat on pretty hard with hours of wire brush duty, and the impact is used almost exclusively to remove bolts etc from cars.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am a bit of a Milwaukee fan, but I too must admit that my old reliable 12V Bosch drill, impact driver, oscillating cutter and sander work perfectly fine and I can't think of a good reason to get rid of them.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Got out my Paslode framer today. Put gas in, put battery in, BAM, shot a nail. Awesome.

Got some studs cut and laid out, went to nail them together, nailer's fan comes on, but no BAM. :wtf:

Took it apart, the piston wasn't fully returned, put it where it should be and BAM. Once. Then nothing.

Took it apart again, everything looked fine. Looked online and seemed like gas is an issue sometimes. Checked my cylinder... best if used by October 2011. gently caress me.

Went to Home Depot and got some gas that's best by 2022, put it in and man, that thing has never hit so hard before.

I love using that framing nailer. After using that, every other tool I have feels like a toy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Guess who's at it again with the comically large tools.

reminder: I am ogre. tool is like 18 inch long

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

We get it, you and CSB are brothers from different mothers. :dong:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

We get it, you and CSB are brothers from different mothers. :dong:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What do you even do with that?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

right click > unmute

https://i.imgur.com/mGfCkwk.mp4

Real answer, i'm going to collect massive tools and mount them on sword and dagger like plaques. skyrim style.

I already have my first sword, and was considering grinding/welding the end of the bat into a Phillips screwdriver.

e: oh poo poo, i could just heat and hammer it into a flathead.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 21, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I can't find this anywhere I can actually embed it, but the best tool line in that movie.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/cqft0B9.mp4

And THAT is when you break out the dick joke.

Also:
press F-12
go to network>media
reload
press play
right click > copy > url
paste into new window
save as MP4
Upload to imgur and enable audio
right click
copy video url
paste in chatbox, won't show in preview
right click > unmute

couldn't be simpler, thanks internet

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Powerfist posted:

Guess who's at it again with the comically large tools.

So when's the username change?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Powershift posted:

Also:
press F-12
go to network>media
reload
press play
right click > copy > url
paste into new window
save as MP4
right click
copy video url
right click > unmute

I right-clicked and chose "Open video in new tab" and audio played immediately. :shrug:

It still should be simpler than that, though.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Fifty Three posted:

I right-clicked and chose "Open video in new tab" and audio played immediately. :shrug:

In Chromium browser there's no unmute in the context menu for me either, but you can also "Show controls" to get the audio control, without opening in another tab.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

peepsalot posted:

In Chromium browser there's no unmute in the context menu for me either, but you can also "Show controls" to get the audio control, without opening in another tab.
Oh nice, Chrome does this too. Thanks!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Sorry, i should have specified, i was detailing how to get a video from another site onto imgur with audio so you could embed it here. Also for firefox, there are probabably easier ways with other browsers. Unfortunately imgur's video to gif stuff doesn't capture audio, and doesn't work with most sites.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Powershift posted:

Also:
press F-12
go to network>media
reload
press play
right click > copy > url
paste into new window
save as MP4
right click
copy video url
right click > unmute

Right-clicked and selected "Unmute" from context menu. :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Gone in 60 Seconds remake is an underrated gem.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It is right in the range of "so bad it's good".

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
If you're still using a manually-lit propane torch, you should consider this. You have to go up to the TS8000 to get an adjustable flame, but this is still a huge jump from using a flint striker and a good price.

https://tools.woot.com/offers/bernz-o-matic-trigger-start-torch-head

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

eddiewalker posted:

If you're still using a manually-lit propane torch, you should consider this. You have to go up to the TS8000 to get an adjustable flame, but this is still a huge jump from using a flint striker and a good price.

https://tools.woot.com/offers/bernz-o-matic-trigger-start-torch-head

Plus, you can use Map gas in it. I have one and it's really nice. I also use it inverted when lighting a bonfire which I've heard causes problems with some torches (or possibly tanks).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah i have been using one of those for a few years now to light my lump charcoal with mapp+ gas

thats a great price, i bet i paid 30-35 a few years ago

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's what we have at work, very handy for lighting bugs on fire.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What does the perfect pick n pull kit look like?

I went in without deep sockets last time And regretted it. I’ve also regretted walking in and out with too many tools

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I've found filling one of these with tools is usually enough for any mobile job.

As far as what goes in it depends on what you're trying to pull. Obviously metric/SAE depends on the make. But I'd stuff combination wrenches, sockets, Allen keys, a full set of pliers, a light, magnetic pick up tool, and as much as you dare carry of poo poo to deal with rust.

If a Fat Max is larger than you wanted, one of these can do 90% of jobs if properly equipped.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Wouldn't vice grips and a hammer be enough?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Acetylene torch and a liberal disregard for the sanctity of the parts surrounding what you want.*

*never have I ever been to a pick n pull lot

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Acetylene torch and a liberal disregard for the sanctity of the parts surrounding what you want.*

*never have I ever been to a pick n pull lot

They usually have strong opinions about bringing torches on the lot.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BraveUlysses posted:

yeah i have been using one of those for a few years now to light my lump charcoal with mapp+ gas

thats a great price, i bet i paid 30-35 a few years ago

lol, glad I'm not the only one that does that.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Those torches are the best way to light fireworks. You can light so many artillery shells at once it's obscene.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Cat Hatter posted:

They usually have strong opinions about bringing torches on the lot.

And not in a "THAT'S loving AWESOME" direction.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Powershift posted:

What does the perfect pick n pull kit look like?

I went in without deep sockets last time And regretted it. I’ve also regretted walking in and out with too many tools

Kastein had it early in this thread if you care to search. Personally I like my small Milwaukee bag with a shoulder strap, and all the tools that I have researched for the part, plus the oddball tools that solve problems. That means side cutters, adjustable locking crescent, hammer, pry bars, snips, extensions and ujoints. And always bring the battery powered ratchet. Oh and some PB blaster.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

boxen posted:

And not in a "THAT'S loving AWESOME" direction.

Buncha Debbie Downers I say.

That's why you need the mini oxy-acetylene rig, so you can sneek that poo poo in.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
JNCO's and the bottles strapped to your legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amateurs. Wheel in the oxy rig with a fake hose and face mask so they think you are on oxygen.