Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

olives black posted:

Bethesda is going to gently caress up Doom Eternal with this poo poo, aren't they :(

Each time you pick up a new gun, an MTX window pops up: only $5.99 to turn the safety off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

olives black posted:

Bethesda is going to gently caress up Doom Eternal with this poo poo, aren't they :(

The upshot is "Who the gently caress is buying Doom Eternal for multiplayer?"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

iD built a new not done before 1v2 multiplayer mode for Doom Eternal so theyre hoping lots of people

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mind the walrus posted:

You have to pay $6.66 to pick up any new weapon in single player

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i have Daggerfall Unity and the brand new Daggerfall modding community. i don't need Bethesda any more, its time to move on. they weren't giving me what i wanted for a long time anyway

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Obsidian is about to dunk all over the modern fallout universe anyway with outer worlds

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh yeah with it's super-nuanced hot take of "corporations in space" and a main NPC designed to look like every fifteen year-old's favorite character Rick Sanchez. Yeah that'll be the one to takedown Bethesda's slapdash approach to lore.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poverty goat posted:

Obsidian is about to dunk all over the modern fallout universe anyway with outer worlds

some times i like to go "lone wanderer" when i'm playing Rimworld and pretend i am playing a procedurally generated Fallout 1

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Oh yeah with it's super-nuanced hot take of "corporations in space" and a main NPC designed to look like every fifteen year-old's favorite character Rick Sanchez. Yeah that'll be the one to takedown Bethesda's slapdash approach to lore.

I've read 4 reviews so far and they all amount to "as good as New Vegas" so

Also "wacky old man scientist guiding your way" is a pretty old trope, I think the Rick comparison is reaching a bit

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I've read 4 reviews so far and they all amount to "as good as New Vegas" so

Also "wacky old man scientist guiding your way" is a pretty old trope, I think the Rick comparison is reaching a bit

I know Obsidian has connections to SA but you don't need to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol ok man

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's impossible to imagine a future which follows the present in which space is not ruined by evil corporations

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

poverty goat posted:

It's impossible to imagine a future which follows the present in which space is not ruined by evil corporations
Which is all the funnier that its trailers open with the achingly hot take (paraphrased) "When we got to deep space the corporations came with us!"

Even 2001 was doing "corporations in space" as a loving throwaway gag half a literal century ago. It's an eternal wellspring of easy, rich material but it ain't gonna "wreck" poo poo.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mind the walrus posted:

bethesda's "approach to lore", while bad, is by far the least of their problems

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Which is all the funnier that its trailers open with the achingly hot take (paraphrased) "When we got to deep space the corporations came with us!"

Even 2001 was doing "corporations in space" as a loving throwaway gag half a literal century ago. It's an eternal wellspring of easy, rich material but it ain't gonna "wreck" poo poo.

I'm not sure you really get why people liked New Vegas more than FO3 or FO4, tbh

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

mind the walrus posted:

I know Obsidian has connections to SA but you don't need to pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

i really don't see it man

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's not even like the character acts like a drunken fuckup genius, so far from the reviews and trailers he's a pretty generic slightly kooky old man with a loosely-hidden agenda

e: I'm trying to think of which, but there was a fairly recent game that had almost the exact kind of "cheerfully announcing that this will either heal you or make you messily explode" old man character. Maybe the newer Wolfenstein games? Regardless, it's not exactly a brand-new concept.

e2: he sounds like the Medic from TF2, honestly

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 23, 2019

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i don't even like obsidian much but i'm stoked for outer worlds just because it's a new franchise and not a sequel or gritty third person shooter.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'd never heard of Outer Worlds until it was just brought up in this thread but it seems like extremely my poo poo. If I loved New Vegas, tolerated Fallout 4, and didn't enjoy Borderlands am I gonna want to get this?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Obviously.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This video game has a white haired scientist in it? Well then that must be Rick Sanchez / Doc Brown / Albert Einstein because I am a mouth-breathing moron who has to find pop culture references in everything

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
People that complain about Rick and Morty are on track to be more annoying than Rick and Morty fans.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

dudeness posted:

People that complain about Rick and Morty are on track to be more annoying than Rick and Morty fans.

Nobody actually complained about the show

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

S3 sucked pretty hard imo.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SilvergunSuperman posted:

S3 sucked pretty hard imo.

Here comes the squad to tell you how much you hate women.

But for reals, S3 was pretty garbo.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
s3 had some good episodes but the ending loving sucked

hey let's restore the s1 status quo and undo all the progress everyone has made as characters since then that's a fantastic idea

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Not even the first Dan Harmon show that started disappearing up its own rear end in season 3

however leaving Roiland unchecked nets you stuff like Virtual Rickality, which is (back on track!) a bad videogame

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ruffian Price posted:

Not even the first Dan Harmon show that started disappearing up its own rear end in season 3

however leaving Roiland unchecked nets you stuff like Virtual Rickality, which is (back on track!) a bad videogame

It's crazy how someone can be so proud of work they did while they were a sexual predator towards their own writers

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ruffian Price posted:

Virtual Rickality was him dipping his toe in.

Trover Saves The Universe is full unleashed trashfire Roiland.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Obsidian in general and FO:NV specifically are waaaaay too overrated.

I have no opinion on Rick and Morty.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Roiland is sort of a one trick pony but he’s funny. Accounting plus made me laugh hard.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oldstench posted:

I have no opinion on Rick and Morty.

FO:NV is the perfect game for people that liked Fallout 1&2.

anyone else will find it to be a typical looter shooter open world whatever

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oldstench posted:

i have had more fun with New Vegas than any other video game ever.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rutibex posted:

no other looter-shooter has anything close to the worldbuilding, characters, branching storylines, decisions that actually matter, and character creation options that actually change how you play the game that New Vegas does.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rutibex posted:

My unpopular video game opinion is that Fallout 1&2 are crazy overrated, but New Vegas is still by far my favorite in the series.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

razorrozar posted:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Have you only played, like, 3 vidyagames?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Disco Elysium executes the best part of fallout better than fallout has ever done.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

abigserve posted:

Disco Elysium executes the best part of fallout better than fallout has ever done.

You know it's good because the steam page keeps telling you it's the best game ever made

Unprecedented freedom of choice​. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.

Countless tools for role playing.​
Mix and match from 24 wildly different skills. Develop a personal style with 80 clothes items. Wield 14 tools from guns to flashlights to a boombox!

A revolutionary dialogue system with unforgettable characters
Disco Elysium's revolutionary dialogue system, with partially voiced characters, lets you do almost anything!

Hard boiled, hard core.
​Death, sex, taxes and disco – nothing is off the table. Revachol is a real place with real challenges. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. The detective decides, the citizens abide.

I'm just wondering if it could possibly be up its own rear end any more than it already is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

PinheadSlim posted:

You know it's good because the steam page keeps telling you it's the best game ever made

Unprecedented freedom of choice​. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.

Countless tools for role playing.​
Mix and match from 24 wildly different skills. Develop a personal style with 80 clothes items. Wield 14 tools from guns to flashlights to a boombox!

A revolutionary dialogue system with unforgettable characters
Disco Elysium's revolutionary dialogue system, with partially voiced characters, lets you do almost anything!

Hard boiled, hard core.
​Death, sex, taxes and disco – nothing is off the table. Revachol is a real place with real challenges. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. The detective decides, the citizens abide.

I'm just wondering if it could possibly be up its own rear end any more than it already is?

This is some incredibly generic hype text that you can find on a million other games

Also I've both read reviews and gotten personal opinions that yeah, it actually is incredibly deep and open-ended, and the game systems are specifically designed so that no 1 type of character or playstyle is "better" than any other in the grand scheme of things.