Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Capn Beeb posted:

PS4 already grabbing a 1.02 patch, 13GB. Preemptive day 0 patch?

* spawns are "fixed"
* cutscenes are now in Dutch angles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The console manufacturers require all the language tracks be available to freely switch whenever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Someone please fix consoles.

Already happened.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t need it anymore!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I can't for the life of me handle keyboard and mouse in a 3d game, I need a controller.
Also, KB+M reminds me of work. It feels unnatural to play games that way. I need to lie down on my couch to play.

I think you can disable cross-play in the options, so that's nice if I feel like I get pummeled too much by KB+M warriors.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

John F Bennett posted:

I can't for the life of me handle keyboard and mouse in a 3d game, I need a controller.
Also, KB+M reminds me of work. It feels unnatural to play games that way. I need to lie down on my couch to play.

I think you can disable cross-play in the options, so that's nice if I feel like I get pummeled too much by KB+M warriors.

Crossplay tries to keep controllers and m/kb seperate, so ideally you'll only be matched up against kb/m users if you've got that plugged into your console

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yeah matchmaking is based on input type so you'll only get grouped with stoned tier one couch commandos like myself

either way controller aim assist was strong enough for it to not really matter

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the xim kb/m adapters on ps4 and xbox simulate a controller input, afaik there isn't a reliable way to separate them out from normal controller users. I dont think they're particularly endemic though so it should be fine

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

xim is indeed a controller spoofer and other spoofing options will probably be available for KBM PC players but frankly it just doesn't seem like it will be prevalent or even enough of an advantage to be an issue

also SBMM will have them grouped with other sweaty spoofers

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

kecske posted:

the xim kb/m adapters on ps4 and xbox simulate a controller input, afaik there isn't a reliable way to separate them out from normal controller users. I dont think they're particularly endemic though so it should be fine

Considering the price of a XIM adapter, I have to imagine that the percentage of players using adapters on consoles is vanishingly small- I imagine you're way more likely to meet a hacker on PC than a XIM player on console, for instance

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I didn't know that about the input type matchmaking. Thanks all!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

In the pub beta there was a toggle in the options menu if you wanted to disable/enable crossplay iirc

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I land at 9PM EST from a biz trip to Phoenix and am "working from home" not at all Friday. Looking for some goons to play with add me, same name as here

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Pretty sure you can just plug a m+kb into a console now and it works for cod. Granted you get put into m+kb lobbies but who really cares.

Really hope they add a fov slider. I have been playing IW on xbone and good lord the fov is terrible. feels like im walking in front of my dude.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Yeah, FOV is still trash on console. Other games like BFV added it despite the additional performance hit, so who cares, just add it IW. Picked this up on PC though, so I don't really care all that much. I'm really hoping crossplay actually keeps this drat thing alive. (worst case using a controller on PC to connect with PS/XBL players when the PC community dies out again)

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Is there a goon squad or vent/whatever for this? I might buy a new video card that's packaged with a free copy of this, but I'm bad at shooty man vidya james. I played a bit of BF4 and just got steamrolled whenever I wasn't playing with goon squad.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Is there a goon squad or vent/whatever for this? I might buy a new video card that's packaged with a free copy of this, but I'm bad at shooty man vidya james. I played a bit of BF4 and just got steamrolled whenever I wasn't playing with goon squad.

Sun God Avatar has a dedicated CoD discord section that I believe is PC oriented:
https://discordapp.com/channels/330158485704802305/604373128532983818

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

That's not how consoles work, and consoles comprise the vast bulk of sales. :effort:

They might finally get less lazy about game sizes if the new consoles are only going to have 256gb SSD drives

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Carecat posted:

They might finally get less lazy about game sizes if the new consoles are only going to have 256gb SSD drives

I doubt they will even allow games to be installed to the ssd

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Wouldn't that be funny, and oh so predictable for consoles. You imagine the butthurt when people realize they can only have installed a fraction of the games they currently have? Less when you consider rising file sizes?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

No they won't, you'll just buy a bigger one. Sony already made it easy to self-swap them on this gen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carecat posted:

Mark Cerny was interviewed recently about the PlayStation 5 having exclusively an SSD only. He was talking about how games on the PS4 are done now, is that they install multiple versions of the same file to the disk based hard drive in order for that data to be accessed quicker. This results in games that are massive though. The goal Cerny has for the PS5 is to make this no longer a necessity to cut down load times, and to allow developers to implement the option of what players want to have installed. So just multiplayer, or single player.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Should I purchase the latest warfare

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fit em all up in there posted:

confirmed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do we have a confirmed list of launch game modes?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fit em all up in there posted:

No, but if you do the game is pretty much exclusive to ps4 this year because the other versions are missing entire game modes and content. They all cost the same though despite this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Calm down

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No, but if you do the game is pretty much exclusive to ps4 this year because the other versions are missing entire game modes and content. They all cost the same though despite this.

One game mode is exclusive to PS4 for a year, one. It’s just Spec Ops Survival.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mill Village posted:

One game mode is exclusive to PS4 for a year, one. It’s just Spec Ops Survival.

That's a pretty massive gamemode. The co-op survival mode has always been huge for Call of Duty. By the time it's available else where, the new Call of Duty will be out and no one will care.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I certainly won’t

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Can't believe it's TYOOL 2019 and I'm excited about the new CoD game

Truly the darkest timeline

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That's a pretty massive gamemode. The co-op survival mode has always been huge for Call of Duty. By the time it's available else where, the new Call of Duty will be out and no one will care.

The last game to have Spec Ops Survival was MW3. It was kinda underwhelming.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I don't know anything about game modes, I just want to shoot gungs.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Yes, after a year and a half of BRs I just want to shoot and die with no consequences. There will be free for all though right?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Excited to hear some good rage mics. What a good invention

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

codo27 posted:

Yes, after a year and a half of BRs I just want to shoot and die with no consequences. There will be free for all though right?

There wasn't any kind of FFA or rumble pit thingy in the beta, I'm hoping that at least exists.
Team matches are fun but sometimes I need to rumble.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I saw FFA in one of the leak vids from a guy that got the play disc early but it was taken down by activision

one of the things that stood out to me is the sheer volume of stuff they have crammed into this game in terms of maps, game modes, weapons, perks, attachments, camos, operators, challenges, etc.

this one will keep people playing for a very long time and we haven't even seen any of the FREE maps that they are adding soon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I said come in! posted:

It’s not. People have the game early and have been streaming for 2 days including some Survival. It’s extremely slow and underwhelming not unlike MW3’s take on it. The actual Spec Ops mode (available on all platforms) that’s objective based looks real loving fun, though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I literally land from a week long biz trip at 10pm EST andnim butt hurt it's not a midnight launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

But it is a midnight launch today?