Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

From Moderner Warfare Reddit:

quote:

For those who live in North America, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will become playable starting at 6PM Pacific / 7PM Mountain / 8PM Central / 9PM Eastern on Thursday, October 24th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I said come in! posted:

That's a pretty massive gamemode. The co-op survival mode has always been huge for Call of Duty. By the time it's available else where, the new Call of Duty will be out and no one will care.

I don’t think it’s a big deal

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Mill Village posted:

For those who live in North America, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will become playable starting at 6PM Pacific / 7PM Mountain / 8PM Central / 9PM Eastern on Thursday, October 24th.

That's pretty cool you guys can start playing tonight. We euro's with a job have to wait until tomorrow night.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

But it is a midnight launch today?

6PM PT or 9PM ET according to the xbone store.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

stream here for anyone bored at work

https://www.twitch.tv/illeyy

rap music fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 24, 2019

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I am bored at work but I can't sell watching a stream.

Is it out for some already?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Playable now here in australia. Riot Shield primary confirmed

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm loving off out of the city for the weekend so I'm glad I can get in a few matches tonight

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Blackholes! Bleep! Blorp!
It's incredibly unlikely if you lads from [BOYS] are still around but if you are, do let me know. Some of my favourite COD memories was Black Ops 2 with the UK Goons and I'd love to play with ya'll again <3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BOTS / BTSX never left, friend.

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh poo poo! Ya'll still on Xbox?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://charlieintel.com/defcon-in-ground-war-mode-in-modern-warfare-explained/57452/

quote:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Ground War mode has an interesting forfeit system in place in the cases where a team is unable to stand their ground in the game.

It’s called “DEFCON.”

When you see the DEFCON on the top of your screen, it’s combined with a 30 second countdown timer. This activates when one team has captured and holds all 5 flags in Domination. Once all 5 flags are captured by a single team, the DEFCON notice appears on the top of the screen.

If the enemy team is unable to capture at least one flag within the 30 second countdown of DEFCON, then a tactical nuke goes off and the match ends.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This.

Also good day for Discord to poo poo itself. I won't grab my copy until tomorrow but I'm hyped. PS4 bros add me: toographik | toographik#5069534 activision ID

lol this is actually pretty dope

anuj fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 24, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How are there no reviews for this yet? Does the embargo drop literally as the game unlocks for everyone?

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

From looking at some attachment videos...

If you like noob tubes, then there's a whole bunch of different types of under-slung grenade launchers. Explosive, incendiary, smoke, flash, recon (marking), concussive. Under-slung shotgun too. There are a LOT of attachments.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Roluth posted:

If you like noob tubes, then there's a whole bunch of different types of under-slung grenade launchers. Explosive, incendiary, smoke, flash, recon (marking), concussive. Under-slung shotgun too. There are a LOT of attachments.

It might actually get me to use other guns since BFV's system of bounties for a skin made me not never care if i leveled a gun up or not.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I ended up pulling the trigger and bought the PC version this morning on the promise I could party up with my console friends from yesteryear.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Even though I didn't particularly like the beta, i bought this dumb game and started it downloading before I left for work this morning.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Anyone here play the beta on PC with a Ryzen 3600-ish processor and a gtx 970?

I'm kinda hesitant to drop 60 on this cause the beta ran like dog doo doo on my i5 3750 (3.4 Ghz) with a gtx 970. Lobbies textures would take half minute to load, if they loaded at all. Game itself was all over the place fps wise and unplayable at times. Boot-up of the game would freeze for about 10 seconds just at the splash screens.

I don't know if a new processor and ram would be enough to run it. Yes, I'm aware the game specs say 970, but that doesn't mean an enjoyable experience.

Really hoping a new processor and faster ram will be enough since the beta maxed out all the cores at all times on my 3750. I am really trying to put off buying a new graphics card until the next gen.

JoaoVitorBF
Aug 31, 2018

I AM THE DARKNESS

Broose posted:

Did you play it on an SSD?
I have a 1060 + Ryzen 5 2600, don't scare me :stare:

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Broose posted:

I'm kinda hesitant to drop 60 on this cause the beta ran like dog doo doo on my i5 3750 (3.4 Ghz) with a gtx 970. Lobbies textures would take half minute to load, if they loaded at all. Game itself was all over the place fps wise and unplayable at times. Boot-up of the game would freeze for about 10 seconds just at the splash screens.

I don't know if a new processor and ram would be enough to run it. Yes, I'm aware the game specs say 970, but that doesn't mean an enjoyable experience.

Really hoping a new processor and faster ram will be enough since the beta maxed out all the cores at all times on my 3750. I am really trying to put off buying a new graphics card until the next gen.

I think it just comes down to the 970, so I don't have an answer for you. I tried it on an HTPC with a 3770K and a RTX 2060 @1080p and had no issues. 2060 is a lot better obviously, so that doesn't really tell you anything. Ryzen 3600 should be totally fine on the CPU side of things.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Broose posted:

Blizzard has a really strict return policy from the looks of it, so I won't suggest seeing how it runs and sending it back if it doesn't work right.

How much RAM and what kind do you have? Texture loading issues are usually memory over CPU in my experience. Especially if you had the settings toned down already.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Even though I didn't particularly like the beta, i bought this dumb game and started it downloading before I left for work this morning.

gamers.txt

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The current trend on twitter is #ModernWafare

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Did you play it on an SSD?
I have a 1060 + Ryzen 5 2600, don't scare me :stare:

Sorry to scare you. Yeah, an SSD. 850 EVO. Your CPU is probably fine since it is from this half-decade.

Constellation I posted:

I think it just comes down to the 970, so I don't have an answer for you. I tried it on an HTPC with a 3770K and a RTX 2060 @1080p and had no issues. 2060 is a lot better obviously, so that doesn't really tell you anything. Ryzen 3600 should be totally fine on the CPU side of things.

Oof. Mind my cpu was not overclockable and was running at base. Still hard to take though. Maybe not enough vram on a 970?

Lazyfire posted:

Blizzard has a really strict return policy from the looks of it, so I won't suggest seeing how it runs and sending it back if it doesn't work right.

How much RAM and what kind do you have? Texture loading issues are usually memory over CPU in my experience. Especially if you had the settings toned down already.

Thanks for the warning. Old CPU had ddr3-1600, 16 GB. Your post makes me think of video card memory though. I had windows 7 so I couldn't look at video card memory usage, but I wonder if a 970 with only 4 GB of memory isn't enough even for 1080p.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Broose posted:

Sorry to scare you. Yeah, an SSD. 850 EVO. Your CPU is probably fine since it is from this half-decade.

Oof. Mind my cpu was not overclockable and was running at base. Still hard to take though. Maybe not enough vram on a 970?

Thanks for the warning. Old CPU had ddr3-1600, 16 GB. Your post makes me think of video card memory though. I had windows 7 so I couldn't look at video card memory usage, but I wonder if a 970 with only 4 GB of memory isn't enough even for 1080p.

Are you actually on Win7 now? Your setup would meet the recommended specs for the game, save for the OS.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Are you actually on Win7 now? Your setup would meet the recommended specs for the game, save for the OS.

No, 10 now. And yeah I know it meets the recommended specs, but so did my old computer, and it ran terrible, nearly unable to at all, let alone enjoyably. I don't trust those specs they put out one bit because of that. So I'm trying to figure out if it was just my CPU holding me back or if my graphics card would also need to be replaced before I spend $60 on a game I'd be unable to enjoy anyways. I've been in enough marketing Betas to know that performance doesn't change between them and release.

Broose fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 24, 2019

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Roluth posted:

it was weird that the beta made me feel like there were less attachments due to the unlock system hiding them.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Carecat posted:

it was weird that the beta made me feel like there were less attachments due to the unlock system hiding them.

Not weird I think. I thought it was all pretty bare bones from the beta.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Feels like a Best of album for gear and streaks this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Can you purchase the game today from a store? Or is it only playable today if you bought it digitally?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I partially got this because even though it was only available on a premade class during the beta, I am looking forward to unlocking and airbursting people with c4.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

Can you purchase the game today from a store? Or is it only playable today if you bought it digitally?

I imagine some stores might break the sales date, but I imagine it's going to be mostly digital buyers who benefit.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RCarr posted:

The release date is the 25th, so you probably won't be able to buy it in stores today.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'll be interested in seeing if they fixed the frequent crashes on PC. That was probably the deal breaker I ran into during beta. The gun play felt great, and the streams I'm watching so far are pulling me back in, but crashing and not being able to rejoin games was a huge frustration on top of a game that can already be hugely frustrating even when things work.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Why does every stream so far looks like it's fast forwarded? I didn't get that feeling during the beta so maybe it only looks like that when you're not controlling it yourself?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

iw posted on reddit

quote:

We're almost there! Modern Warfare launches in a few hours and soon you'll be able to hop into Campaign, Special Ops, and Multiplayer. Watching the game light up across the globe is so exciting and we're happy to have all of you along for the ride and to celebrate with us.

Be sure to check out the landing page for Modern Warfare over on the Activision Games Blog. Check out guides, see what's coming, and learn more about each mode HERE!

You'll be able to earn and unlock exclusive gear and XP for both Multiplayer and Special Ops when you play through the Campaign as well, so don't skip out! Plus, on Friday night, be sure to grab some of your friends for Ground War!

Now, since Beta, we've made a TON of fixes to the game. Below are patch notes for fixes we've been working on with the help of your feedback:

GENERAL FIXES

Spawning in Core Multiplayer:

Fixed edge case scenarios with spawning on enemies

Adjusted spawn logic to improve spawn quality. We’ve also added more spawns to increase your options. We will continue to improve this map by map post-launch

Ground War:

Added more fallback spawns to FOBs if the flag has too many enemies

Improved safety checking for spawning on Squadmates (is still dangerous, but the UI will notify you of this!)

Added spawning on Squadmates while in vehicles

Neutral tanks and helicopters now show up in the Spawn Selection screen

Helicopters now have flares to help manage incoming missiles

If all flags are captured by one team, you’ll go into Defcon to win so protect those flags!

Fix for an exploit that was allowing players (and therefore teammates) to spawn under the map

Lighting:

Brightened characters in dark areas across many maps

Low Health Visuals:

Now brightens up in the middle of the screen instead of darkening

Weapon Balance:

In general, weapons received a lot of love since the Beta. Most notably shotguns and pistols.

Equipment:

Enemy claymores now have larger, visible lasers

Reviving a teammate near a friendly claymore could cause the claymore to explode, resulting in a suicide

Mini-Map:

Now on by default across core multiplayer and Ground War. Enemy firing does not show up on the mini-map unless a team UAV is active

Map zoom is pulled out a bit to help with player awareness

Killstreaks:

VTOL Jet adjusted to not target players though rooftops

Fix for the Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of a crate. Another fix was deployed to prevent the mask from staying on the player after you have died as the Juggernaut and respawned

After using the Cruise Missile, player character models were sometimes stuck in a lean after using the streak

Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox

Impact damage of lethals/tacticals and the ammo box were causing instant kills

Adjustments to the descriptions in Gunsmith

Fix for a bug where the wrong input would be shown for players in a party

Fix for a bug where a door could open in the opposite direction of the player’s movement

Footsteps – Footstep tuning of volume fall off distance, mixing volume and occlusion settings

Placing Deployable Cover on stairs could prevent teammates from being able to mantle or crouch under, blocking paths**.**

Various audio tuning and fixes for executions and weapons

Players were able to spam the crouch button while moving creating a ‘snaking’ effect.

PC SPECIFIC

Crouch and prone transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS

ADS Sensitivity options can now be saved when using KBM

Double-tapping the sticks now always triggers the Tactical Sprint when using a gamepad on PC

Fixed blurriness in various situations

Ping widget is now showing the correct latency value

Added depth of field option in the Graphics options

Added HDR support

Added NVIDIA Highlight support in MP

Global performance improvements and stability fixes

ADS transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS

Adjusted stand-to-prone timing for KBM versus gamepads

Player no longer loses sprint functionality by holding down sprint keybind and the move keybind while respawning

FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Are there shotgun flashlights in this one? I really loved loving around with the SG12 strobe light in Blops IIII.

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Is there a PSN community up of goons playing at all that I can get in on?

EDIT: It's the Discord in the sticky I assume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Carti posted:

Is there a PSN community up of goons playing at all that I can get in on?

EDIT: It's the Discord in the sticky I assume?

Add friends via activision id so you can crossplay

Maybe info is in discord? not sure it was confusing last time i looked