Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I have some bloodshot comics from the late 90s. They are really bad.

check out some of the newer Valiant stuff, they've apparently gotten fairly solid ever since they rose from the grave

also Bloodshot looks rad as gently caress, heavy Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

AdmiralViscen posted:

Teaser for trailer for Star Wars

https://t.co/syZHH7PsZm

Oops how do I embed I’m not good with computer

https://twitter.com/Zcure1/status/1186343967459143684

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I have some bloodshot comics from the late 90s. They are really bad.

Looking forward to the end credit stinger where Toyo Harada wants to talk to him about the Unity Initiative.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
If they bring in Archer and Armstrong, I am all in for Bloodshot.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
As a kid I got a shitload of Valiant comics from a flea market. Bloodshot is like the least interesting character to make a movie with.

I'll still probably see it though.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Do they still make Prince Valiant?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If they bring in Archer and Armstrong, I am all in for Bloodshot.

The reboot though, not the first run.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qn_spdM5Zg

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Ok I was ready to be bored by this, but that was a good trailer imo. And they ride horses in it!!

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Vegetable posted:

Ok I was ready to be bored by this, but that was a good trailer imo. And they ride horses in it!!

disagree. the color grading looks like poo poo in most scenes, there's like two good shots in the whole thing, it's failed to make me give a poo poo, and why are the space ships never in space

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I just like Rey, and Rey looks pretty cool in all her scenes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got my ticket after watching this trailer!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno what's to go particularly gaga over in that trailer. It's two minutes of stock Star Wars stuff that didn't get me any more or less excited.
The teaser at least has some weird moments like the dark Rey flippy lightsaber bit.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 22, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Pretty standard trailer fare imo, yeah. It's just going through the motions at this point, because they know everyone is going to go see it regardless of whether the trailer was gently caress YEAH good or not. I like the cue though, especially after the THIS CHRISTMAS intertitle drops.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Is this one going to subvert my expectations?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Is this one going to subvert my expectations?

You'll need to understand it first.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

You'll need to understand it first.

:nallears:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Last Jedi: The real problem in the galaxy is the economic power structures behind war, the capitalists who lack empathy and treat the common people like numbers and slaves to get wealthier and manipulate the politicians into perpetuating an unending conflict where the proletariat kill each other and force individuals to rise up in order to try and change a broken system again and again
The Rise of Skywalker: jk the real problem is the guy who died a couple of films ago

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Star destroyers rising from the ocean like giant zombies is a cool and silly visual, these movies diving into fantasy aspect more seems fun (even if I'm a sucker for rusty scifi of Rogue One).
Not excited for JJ to JJ it all up with PLOTZ.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

feedmyleg posted:

The Last Jedi: The real problem in the galaxy is the economic power structures behind war, the capitalists who lack empathy and treat the common people like numbers and slaves to get wealthier and manipulate the politicians into perpetuating an unending conflict where the proletariat kill each other and force individuals to rise up in order to try and change a broken system again and again
The Rise of Skywalker: jk the real problem is the guy who died a couple of films ago

It's a pretty big leap to take that away from The Last Jedi when those themes were only mentioned in a few scenes and the overwhelming majority of the movie was focused on the empire-lite still being the bad guys. I wish they did make a Star Wars movies with those concepts, but we haven't got anything other then plucky freedom righter vs. evil authoritarian empire so far.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

teagone posted:

they know everyone is going to go see it regardless

CONSUME PRODUCT THEN GET EXCITED FOR NEXT PRODUCTS.

fatherboxx posted:

these movies diving into fantasy aspect more seems fun

What has the franchise been diving into so far? Hard science-fi? :psyboom:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

CONSUME PRODUCT THEN GET EXCITED FOR NEXT PRODUCTS.

Got my tickets. I am part of the problem, and I know it. But gently caress, I love me some Star Wars.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

teagone posted:

I am part of the problem, and I know it. But gently caress, I love me some Star Wars.

:same:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Megasabin posted:

It's a pretty big leap to take that away from The Last Jedi when those themes were only mentioned in a few scenes and the overwhelming majority of the movie was focused on the empire-lite still being the bad guys. I wish they did make a Star Wars movies with those concepts, but we haven't got anything other then plucky freedom righter vs. evil authoritarian empire so far.

I... disagree. Everything in the film ladders up to those ideas.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

i mean theoretically they could still work him into those themes, but like, i highly doubt that will be the case considering.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aiYxwVuZ1o

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am interested in this movie.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Aww. They almost managed a whole trailer without one spoken word.

Cool

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uhh, holy poo poo?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

The way the music is synchronised with the editing creates such a chilling effect.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

tylersayten posted:

Uhh, holy poo poo?

Going on about four years now where Fox Searchlight just continues to put out absolute gems meanwhile Fox development is like ummmm what if we were to do another Predator? Only...taller??

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mmm, that trailer is totally my poo poo. Both the content and editing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

kiimo posted:

Going on about four years now where Fox Searchlight just continues to put out absolute gems meanwhile Fox development is like ummmm what if we were to do another Predator? Only...taller??

Tall Predator. He sucks at hunting because Predators are already tall and this guy is taller so he has a hard time hunting humans without bumping into the ceiling or hitting a branch or something. All the other make fun of him.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

If you don’t mind spoilers, it’s worth reading the short story this is based on.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nice editing and sound; callbacks to the mother! trailer

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

JazzFlight posted:

If you don’t mind spoilers, it’s worth reading the short story this is based on.

Link to said short story
The Quiet Boy by Nick Antosca
Edit: Holy poo poo that's a great story.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 25, 2019

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ. :staredog:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

AFewBricksShy posted:

Link to said short story

gently caress that was really good

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
For some reason (the gasmask?) I kind of get the feeling that they'll go with some sort of chemical or experiments or something instead of literal Satan-worship in the movie. Hope I'm wrong. Also wouldn't be surprised if they change the ending in some way, not that it'll be a "happy" one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

AFewBricksShy posted:

Link to said short story

So the trailer didn't do much for me at all. It's spectacularly edited, but if you go on Netflix right now there's a few dozen movies with the basic premise of a monster terrorizing an Anywhere, USA style town. And usually it's a child or children as main characters with skeptical but cautious adults along for the ride and a tough but friendly town sheriff. Hell that's basically the premise of Stranger Things season 1, and we all know how that already took massive influence from other stories like it, so this is nothing new. But after reading that short story, I really want to see the movie, because holy poo poo it is a great story.