Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ling Xinsi loving owns.

"Yo homie I got paid 100,000 yuan to kill you, can you play dead for a while so I don't have to do any work? Thanks."

Free Ling Xiansi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Captain Lavender posted:

I just don't understand this. I've seen lots of videos where a guy is getting tossed around like a rag but keeps trying to square up. Even to the end of this video, you can tell he's trying to come back at him. Even dumb animals know to stop fighting when they're that outclassed.
Racists in general and white supremacists in particular are dumber than half-diarrhetic dogshit, nevermind the actual dog it came out of.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Racists in general and white supremacists in particular are dumber than half-diarrhetic dogshit, nevermind the actual dog it came out of.

Also forgot to add: convinced of their superior intelligence.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

I wonder if this has happened in America, but they were all undercover agents going "Aha! ...oh. Well, team up with me on the next guy up!"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Multi-level murdering

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Multi-level murdering

daesh franchises. Oh poo poo, that's actually how that works!

e: Watching daesh get their poo poo kicked in is good schadenfreude.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 24, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I don't understand what is going on here.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Multi-level murdering

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1187426849351225344?s=19

Note the name.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I still have regrets over not getting rich in the early days, but it's also nice to not be suicidal after losing theoretical millions in a hack/mtgox-ing.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I still have regrets over not getting rich in the early days, but it's also nice to not be suicidal after losing theoretical millions in a hack/mtgox-ing.

I got a couple fractions of free buttcoins early on for a variety of reasons, then cashed it out during the last spike. Made about $250 for nothing more than having to sign up for Coinbase.

I'm the best small ante gambler I know :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
A hunter was gored by the deer he thought he shot and killed

Talk poo poo get hit. Hunting for sport in TYOOL 2019 must be the most rear end in a top hat hobby out there behind bullfighting, always enjoy seeing the playing field leveled in both cases.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Takes No Damage posted:

Talk poo poo get hit. Hunting for sport in TYOOL 2019 must be the most rear end in a top hat hobby out there behind bullfighting, always enjoy seeing the playing field leveled in both cases.

Deer hunting is very necessary here in Wisconsin. I'm not a hunter but the DNR absolutely needs them to help with overpopulation and chronic wasting disease. Deer also kill people every year by jumping in front of their cars.

In 2018 over 200,000 deer were killed and that's barely a dent in the population. Imagine all of those deer breeding completely unregulated.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Bethesda forgot to buy the domain name for Fallout First

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Moo bitch
get out the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7TYr4PFQGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgkTwQ08js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M7Xab3E9sc

Thanks Jenna Tools
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgObj8QCL4c

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Deer are goddamn vermin.

My favorite deer story (and I have so, so many) was the time one of my English teachers was driving to school just before dawn, and a buck ran out of the woods, headbutted the driver's side mirror, hooked it in his antlers, and ran off with it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

The Sex Tent

Drop the new Sex Tent to quickly set up a forward operating base when you’re roughing ... ;) ... it out in the wilderness during your next adventure. The Sex Tent comes complete with a Stash, Sleeping Bag, Scrapbox, Cooking Station, and even an instrument to help you blow hot air up your rear end after a day of exploring Appalachia. Once placed, it will also act as a second fast travel point in addition your main C.A.M.P., giving you even more freedom to travel anywhere in the map without spending caps, just your real money! You’ll be able to deploy your Sex Tent from your Favorites wheel.

lmao

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ling Xinsi loving owns.

"Yo homie I got paid 100,000 yuan to kill you, can you play dead for a while so I don't have to do any work? Thanks."

not even that, it was more like ' this isn't enough money for the consequences of this crime, but it also isn't NO money - you want to scam it away from the guy trying to kill you and split it? win-win!' which I really admire. I mean even with this punishment, it's still less than he'd get for actually going through with it and killing the guy, and this way he can pull all the other guys along into the nonsense as well! he's not just taking a dive for a fraction of the money like some chump.

In short:

Regy Rusty posted:

Free Ling Xiansi

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Deer also kill people every year by jumping in front of their cars.

This is called 'praxis' in the deer community. Stay strong venisons and venidaughters.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't understand what is going on here.

He threw something like a soccer ball at the bus, but missed so bad that it landed in front of the bus and got run over instead.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Takes No Damage posted:

We humans killed the apex predators that would otherwise be keeping deer populations under control. Hunting deer is, therefore, a component of habitat conservation, since without sustained, selective predation, deer would destroy their habitats entirely and then die of starvation. Many hunters contribute their kills to local organizations to help provide food for the poor, if they don't process the deer for their own use. Are there people who do it for sport? Sure. But the general practice is habitat conservation. You want to talk about sport-hunting, look at the fuckers hunting rare animals, not hooved vermin in the northeastern US.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Deers eat my jack-o-lanterns every year.
<:mad:>

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Captain Lavender posted:

Deers eat my jack-o-lanterns every year.
<:mad:>

Better watch out, they’ll eat you next

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Aerdan posted:

We humans killed the apex predators that would otherwise be keeping deer populations under control. Hunting deer is, therefore, a component of habitat conservation, since without sustained, selective predation, deer would destroy their habitats entirely and then die of starvation. Many hunters contribute their kills to local organizations to help provide food for the poor, if they don't process the deer for their own use. Are there people who do it for sport? Sure. But the general practice is habitat conservation. You want to talk about sport-hunting, look at the fuckers hunting rare animals, not hooved vermin in the northeastern US.

Sounds like we need to kill more humans.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sunswipe posted:

Sounds like we need to kill more humans.

Too late. The unchecked deerpocalypse would be pretty amazing schadenfreude though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Fun fact: Deers never stop growing. If we didn't hunt them, they'd become the size of a cruise liner.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Oh dear

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Kennel posted:

Fun fact: Deers never stop growing. If we didn't hunt them, they'd become the size of a cruise liner.

A delicious cruise liner

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Takes No Damage posted:

Bullfighting is like slowly torturing a bull that has zero chance. By comparison, sport hunting seems fine to me as long as you use the right caliber, get an ethical kill, and don't waste the body.

Free-range deer living in the forest and being killed instantly as an adult seems way more humane than having chickens lined in coops where they have no room to even turn around and rarely even get exposed to sunlight :(

The meat industry is awful.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Bullfighting is like slowly torturing a bull that has zero chance. By comparison, sport hunting seems fine to me as long as you use the right caliber, get an ethical kill, and don't waste the body.

Free-range deer living in the forest and being killed instantly as an adult seems way more humane than having chickens lined in coops where they have no room to even turn around and rarely even get exposed to sunlight :(

The meat industry is awful.

Uh but you see the hunter hurts Bambi, whereas all the chickens or pigs or whatever are hidden in warehouses and you don't have to think about them. :downs:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Deer Fact!:

There's an area of Japan where people haven't hunted deer for hundreds of years, so they're not afraid of people and will hang out and bow to people to get treats!

[

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Solice Kirsk posted:

Deer Fact!:

There's an area of Japan where people haven't hunted deer for hundreds of years, so they're not afraid of people and will hang out and bow to people to get treats!

[

The deer will gently caress you up if you don't give them treats. Blood for the Blood God.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/vrp8Ilp.mp4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ah, Crossfit.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Deer Fact!:

[

In mystic Nippon, both man and beast live in peaceful tranquility.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Solice Kirsk posted:

Deer Fact!:

[

It's not that they haven't been hunted and therefore do not fear man, it's that they've been acclimated to people giving them food. I mean cool if this is in an area where they can keep that from being dangerous to the deer and they don't become a pest animal but I think in general conservationism frowns upon that sort of thing.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's not that they haven't been hunted and therefore do not fear man, it's that they've been acclimated to people giving them food. I mean cool if this is in an area where they can keep that from being dangerous to the deer and they don't become a pest animal but I think in general conservationism frowns upon that sort of thing.

There are at least two popular places in Japan where the deer are protected from being hunted; Miyajima Island and Nara Park.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Inceltown posted:

The deer will gently caress you up if you don't give them treats. Blood for the Blood God.

oh deer god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Aerdan posted:

You want to talk about sport-hunting, look at the fuckers hunting rare animals, not hooved vermin in the northeastern US.

Hm not unreasonable. I have a general distaste for hunting 'for fun' but deer is probably the wrong hill of carcasses to die on there.

Zaphod42 posted:

Bullfighting is like slowly torturing a bull that has zero chance.

:nws:
The chance isn't quite zero, but I'd only be OK with 50/50.

Zaphod42 posted:

Free-range deer living in the forest and being killed instantly as an adult

Admittedly I'm speaking from a position of ignorance here but I expect a pretty decent amount of sport kills aren't 'instant'. The CNN story even notes a rule of thumb to wait and watch your kill for at least 30 minutes to make sure it's had time to slowly bleed to death so you don't get surprise perforated like the dude in the article.