Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Played like, I dunno, 18 games or something. Format seems diverse but there are things they probably should ban. I think it'll winnow down to like 5-8 commanders by the end. Saw one Oko deck and mulled to six before conceding so didn't get any experience with that.

Kaalia and Kykar both seemed to suck real bad. Kethis felt really solid. Played some Judith, very draw dependent.

Haven't bought any of the Brawl cards yet, probably later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I wasn't sure what the point of the Brawl was until I saw it had no losses limit and you can keep playing however long you want.

Also because I learned the one-card limit does not apply to Seven Dwarves.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

This is the list I've settled on since the FotD ban.

4 Edgewall Innkeeper (ELD) 151
4 Foulmire Knight (ELD) 90
2 Order of Midnight (ELD) 99
4 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
2 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
3 Rankle, Master of Pranks (ELD) 101

2 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Legion's End (M20) 106
3 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
2 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161

8 Forest (ANA) 60
7 Swamp (ANA) 58
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241

Sideboard
1 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
2 Disfigure (M20) 95
2 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
1 Garruk, Cursed Huntsman (ELD) 191
3 Duress (M19) 94
4 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
1 Massacre Girl (WAR) 99
1 Thrashing Brontodon (M20) 197

I found Nissa to not have a good enough pay off and think Trophy and Rider are too strong not to lean into. Legion's End matters more in the mirror than like any other match-up IMO.

I like rankle

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
For lovestruck beast do you just windmill slam the 5/5 if you have the innkeeper on board or do you try and get value and develop the 1/1?
I know it depends on the matchup but I never really use the 1/1 .. I mean the dude can still block.

MRLOLAST fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Oct 25, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A Moose posted:

Wow, brawl is loving HARDCORE. there is ZERO room for fun jank. So far I've played against Esper faerie Control, Mono Blue Gadwick control, mono-red Toblerone, and Golos field where they nutted all over me. Turn 1 Grazer, turn 2 weaponsmith, turn 4 golos + Veil of Summer for the counter I actually had. Golos fetched field of the dead, and then they dropped evolving wild for 2 zombies. it was gross. All I want to do is do fun stuff with Vannifar, but there are no good creatures to fetch with him so the only wins I get are people auto-conceding to an oko.

I haven't seen anyone running oko as their commander, but there are way more powerful cards then there are answers, so you pretty much either have the run the MOST powerful strategy and ignore your opponent, or run a deck thats entirely answers. This format needs a bigger card pool already.

If you get rewards for winning Brawl it's never gonna have room for jank

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I don't get why Brawl isn't Historic by default.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Brawl hasn't seemed too bad to me thus far and I'm merthering around mid-Plat in constructed getting frustrated by coming across horrible decks full of rares and mythics I don't own because I've been playing for like three weeks (in particular, the one with all the elementals and Omnath, and the one with all the gates and Gates Ablaze, and mill decks generally).

My Garruk deck has been melting faces fairly reliably to the point where I got to my fifth win in a few hours and am now super frustrated because I enjoy the format but the prize support is just gone. Ayara, Izoni, and Witches' Cauldron (and Deathsprout, and Bake into a Pie, and etc etc etc)
plus reliable access to Garruk is just funny.

MRLOLAST posted:

In Brawl I made a Gruul deck, went 2nd and missed 1 drop. Opponent played the crab that removes +1+1 and protection from Green. Me = owned since none of my red removals showed up for the next 3 turns until I conceded.
How to be owned by a 1/1 ,2 Mana creature...
Blightbeetle utterly rolls my normal main deck (the one that has me bouncing around mid-plat depending on whether I rock up against something that generally speaking, plays the same game as me, or something that plays ludicrous combo nonsense I'm unable to pay for access to that just straight up wins unless you've killed it in like turn 4) just because my main deck is almost entirely green or green/white +1/+1 stuff. I have like, 2 cards in the whole deck that can even touch it.

I wasn't even mad the one time I fought it, it was just funny.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Bust Rodd posted:

Me an hour ago: “Oh boy after months of waiting I can just sit down and play my Yarok deck in Brawl, this is gonna be awesome”

Me now: “this 7th Yarok mirror match where they play all my best cards one turn before I play them sucks mad poo poo. I am literally watching my own deck go off in my face”

So now I’m building Oko.
Eh, just concede and leave the second things aren't in your favor. You're not penalized for it. If you're not immediately at the advantage (of you don't go first for example) then find a new game where you do have the advantage. You'll spend way less time feeling bad in a bad format.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

pointsofdata posted:

I don't get why Brawl isn't Historic by default.

Mainly because Brawl was designed as an alternative to commander (in paper) for people getting in the game later on or people who don't mind their cards rotating.
I don't get why people would roll hard in the Brawl event. You don't need Thorn Mammoth that badly and even if you do it's just 5 wins...you probably already got those.
Also an argument for allowing PWs in Brawl is that as a rule limiting it to creatures would limit your options a lot if you're just allowed to have the standard card pool.
But Oko is a dumb and needs to be banned in Brawl for the same reason Sorcerous Spyglass is.

I feel like 'Historic Commander' might become a thing down the road when there's 4-5 years of set backlog to work with.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 25, 2019

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Whatever you want to believe are the origins of Brawl, it's a standard format. That is the entire point of it for WoTC. However I'm going to repeat again that it was hastily thrown together in the wake of the standard decline, but I think the player base imagines design works on an entirely different time table than it does so whatever.

Also the only deck I saw more than twice last night was Kykar, and Kykar looked like it sucked, so I don't think reports of people going super hard is accurate. I mean people are going to put good cards in their deck and cast them.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ending off my newest set of games by teaching a Petitioner player the importance of using Gadwick as your commander instead of Jace.
Rather, Agent of Treachery did.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I played a Rakdos, the Showstopper deck I found somewhere that was mostly just B/R goodstuff, went 5-1, and then played like another 10 for fun that I won most of.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Jace auto-wins the Petitioners mirror, but is much worse against everything else. So it just depends on how degenerate the meta you're seeing is.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

thespaceinvader posted:

My Garruk deck has been melting faces fairly reliably to the point where I got to my fifth win in a few hours and am now super frustrated because I enjoy the format but the prize support is just gone. Ayara, Izoni, and Witches' Cauldron (and Deathsprout, and Bake into a Pie, and etc etc etc)
plus reliable access to Garruk is just funny.

I don't suppose you have a list handy? I just started this week, and pulling Garruk + a bunch of solid black rares has me thinking about a very similar build.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Is one not allowed to cast commanders for alternate costs?

I made a Sephara brawl deck, then found out once I had four untapped creatures with flying that my plan may not have been so hot.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I mostly played UR Niv-Mizzet in brawl event, he is quite good, especially with the support in multiple PWs (Sarkhan, War and BIG Chandras, Scions, Ral for flavor) for pressure/advantage and protection for Niv (lazotep plating for hexproof, Tale's end to gently caress up their commander drop, mission briefing for counterspell recursion). As usual, if you get to untap with Niv, you win.

Chulane is one of the nastier commanders because he is pure valuetown by himself, has access to both Teferi and Oko and wins through a pretty simple Frilled Mystic lock.

Reminder that if you want to run 3-color decks here your options for each combination are limited by M20 legends+Syr Gwyn for wedges and Rienne+Nicky B + other Eldraine precon commanders for shards.
And of course there is Niv Reborn, Kenrith and Golos for your 5c soup needs.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 25, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Attestant posted:

I don't suppose you have a list handy? I just started this week, and pulling Garruk + a bunch of solid black rares has me thinking about a very similar build.

Commander

Deck
1 Moldervine Reclamation (M20) 214
9 Swamp (ELD) 261
9 Forest (ELD) 269
1 Underrealm Lich (GRN) 211
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
1 Deathsprout (WAR) 189
1 Glowspore Shaman (GRN) 173
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
1 Savvy Hunter (ELD) 200
1 Leyline Prowler (WAR) 202
1 Gluttonous Troll (ELD) 327
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
1 Izoni, Thousand-Eyed (GRN) 180
1 Arlinn, Voice of the Pack (WAR) 150
1 Nightpack Ambusher (M20) 185
1 Oakhame Adversary (ELD) 167
1 Rabid Bite (M20) 190
1 Return to Nature (ELD) 173
1 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
1 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
1 Sedge Scorpion (M20) 192
1 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
1 Woodland Champion (M20) 205
1 Fierce Witchstalker (ELD) 154
1 Syr Konrad, the Grim (ELD) 107
1 Clackbridge Troll (ELD) 84
1 Revenge of Ravens (ELD) 104
1 Bake into a Pie (ELD) 76
1 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Burglar Rat (GRN) 64
1 Piper of the Swarm (ELD) 100
1 Ayara, First of Locthwain (ELD) 75
1 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
1 Cauldron Familiar (ELD) 81
1 Foulmire Knight (ELD) 90
1 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
1 Witch's Oven (ELD) 237
1 Jungle Hollow (M20) 248
1 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
1 Order of Midnight (ELD) 99
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
1 Castle Garenbrig (ELD) 240

There's a lot of stuff in it that combos together, and a decent amount of early and midrange drops. It has a decent amount of removal (and indeed, I bought Murderous Rider with my Field of the Dead refund specifically for it over other rares I probably want more) and a decent chunk of other food tokens to support the various things that use them. The only thing I've been meaning to fiddle with an not got round to is fitting Beanstalk Giant in there somewhere, because with an expensive commander like Garruk you really want to ramp to him early.

It's at its best when you get Ayara and/or Witch's Oven on the field early, (or Izoni, for that matter, but she's not an early drop), and it's a little weak to flyers, but it's mostly pretty solid IME.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I tweaked my Yarok build until I was running rampant, then decided what I really wanted to Jank Out.

My Emry, Lady of the Loch trinkets deck is hilarious! I just threw the jankiest pile together and it works! Just playing and recurring some eggs and scrabbling claws for value and getting in with Manifold Key LoL, it’s hilarious

I was really surprised by my Domri build, it’s kinda nuts how good Gruul is when you can absolutely guarantee that you hit 4-5 mana.

Genuinely enjoying the brewing aspect, excited to see what people come up with.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Bust Rodd posted:

This is the list I've settled on since the FotD ban.

4 Edgewall Innkeeper (ELD) 151
4 Foulmire Knight (ELD) 90
2 Order of Midnight (ELD) 99
4 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
2 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
3 Rankle, Master of Pranks (ELD) 101

2 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
1 Legion's End (M20) 106
3 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
2 Vivien, Arkbow Ranger (M20) 199
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161

8 Forest (ANA) 60
7 Swamp (ANA) 58
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241

Sideboard
1 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
2 Disfigure (M20) 95
2 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
3 Duress (M19) 94
4 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
1 Massacre Girl (WAR) 99
1 Thrashing Brontodon (M20) 197

I found Nissa to not have a good enough pay off and think Trophy and Rider are too strong not to lean into. Legion's End matters more in the mirror than like any other match-up IMO.

Agreed on Nissa, I was only playing 1 anyway. Out of only 6 games against Food I'm at exactly 50% so far and it really depends on whether I have removal at the right moment or not. Finding more Espers in ladder.

Two questions: why only 2 Questing and do you feel The Great Henge is a bit of a winmore card? It never turned any matches around for me, only helped close almost done deals.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

ChrisBTY posted:

You don't need Thorn Mammoth that badly

I can't pull up the client right now but isn't it just the cosmetic and you don't even get the card?

edit: vvvvvv ooohhhhhhhh

The Sean fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 25, 2019

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Casting Syr Konrad onto my opponent's board of 4 Persistent Petitioners, followed by a slight pause, then a snap concede, was some satisfying poo poo.

The Sean posted:

I can't pull up the client right now but isn't it just the cosmetic and you don't even get the card?

You get a copy of the card and the cosmetic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kawabata posted:

Agreed on Nissa, I was only playing 1 anyway. Out of only 6 games against Food I'm at exactly 50% so far and it really depends on whether I have removal at the right moment or not. Finding more Espers in ladder.

Two questions: why only 2 Questing and do you feel The Great Henge is a bit of a winmore card? It never turned any matches around for me, only helped close almost done deals.

Questing Beast was the MVP when every board state was clogged full of 2/2 Zombie. In a Bant Food meta, Questing Beast just auto-loses to Wicked Wolf, so I lean harder on Rankle and LSB. They’re still very good against aggro, cats, Fires of Invention etc, but any Wicked Wolf deck he just comes out. This is also why I went down to 1x Legion’s End. Also Oko is the planeswalkers he does the worst against, so it’s not like I’m losing my best threat by boarding him out.

The Great Henge is the Mirror-Breaker. In any game in which you and the other player are just running off the top or grinding each other to dust (like in an Adventures Mirror) the first person to stick a Henge is the person winning that game. If you ever drop it T4 off of an LST that game feels un-loseable.

Honestly people are going on and on about T2 Oko but I have Bant Food built and I personally think going T1 Innkeeper, T2 Innkeeper into Foulmire Knight, Draw 2 is the stronger play. If they can’t disrupt your draw on their T2-T3 then the game is over and if the card they use on their T2 is Oko, I still have one Inkeeper left and I’m up on cards and have a way to draw an answer to Oko.

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008
I like the idea of a doom foretold control deck so I crafted a version of dancing doom now that golos is dead. My first impression of doom foretold is that it requires a lot of setup for not a lot of payoff and its really slow. I'll keep trying it but seems like its not the best build around. My opponents had no problem putting down stuff that they didn't mind sacrificing and then swinging with haste creatures like questing beast or rankle. It would take multiple turns before I finally got the payoff and the game was far from won when I did. A few times they would just wait and hold a land to discard because I wasn't putting on any other pressure. The 2/2 is nothing, the life is not much... so its really just a card for me. It feels like it would be better to play 4x planar cleansing instead. Use a tereferi emblem to play an end of turn cleansing, next turn play the dance for 6 and its GG.

I'll play it some more and report back since I blew all my wild cards :toot:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Homers BBBq posted:

I like the idea of a doom foretold control deck so I crafted a version of dancing doom now that golos is dead. My first impression of doom foretold is that it requires a lot of setup for not a lot of payoff and its really slow. I'll keep trying it but seems like its not the best build around. My opponents had no problem putting down stuff that they didn't mind sacrificing and then swinging with haste creatures like questing beast or rankle. It would take multiple turns before I finally got the payoff and the game was far from won when I did. A few times they would just wait and hold a land to discard because I wasn't putting on any other pressure. The 2/2 is nothing, the life is not much... so its really just a card for me. It feels like it would be better to play 4x planar cleansing instead. Use a tereferi emblem to play an end of turn cleansing, next turn play the dance for 6 and its GG.

I'll play it some more and report back since I blew all my wild cards :toot:

I don't think you quite understand the flow of the deck. You don't care about Doom's payoff. You just want to Wrath them on T4 followed up by a Doom on T5. This essentially locks them out of the game unless they can cast more than 1 non-token permanent a turn. Your goal during this time is just to keep Doom up by saccing eggs to it, then get to 8 mana and cast Dance for an auto-win.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

While it's nice that MtGA told me that Brawl decks can't have sideboards after I spent ten minutes agonizing over one, it'd've been nicer if it told me when I started creating said sideboard.

Also. Brawl decks can't have sideboards for some reason.

I'm 0-for-2 on my good-idea Brawl decks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Hammer Bro. posted:

While it's nice that MtGA told me that Brawl decks can't have sideboards after I spent ten minutes agonizing over one, it'd've been nicer if it told me when I started creating said sideboard.

Also. Brawl decks can't have sideboards for some reason.

Sideboards/Wishboards kind of defeat the purpose of deck building in a singleton format. I don’t mind petitioners or dwarves because they suck so bad you’re really at a disadvantage but just going “oh ho HO I’ll just tutor up the perfect counter to your deck from outside of the game HOW CLEVER” is for huffers of only the finest farts.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Brawl is fun. I won about as many games as I lost playing Torbran, Petitioner Jace, and Rankle, which seems fair.

It's greatly improved by conceding games you don't want to play. Oko opening on Goose or Grazer, just roll it up and find another game.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Hammer Bro. posted:

Have you considered just playing all the good green and blue cards?

Homers BBBq
Mar 11, 2008

qbert posted:

I don't think you quite understand the flow of the deck. You don't care about Doom's payoff. You just want to Wrath them on T4 followed up by a Doom on T5. This essentially locks them out of the game unless they can cast more than 1 non-token permanent a turn. Your goal during this time is just to keep Doom up by saccing eggs to it, then get to 8 mana and cast Dance for an auto-win.

Its kind of hard not to understand... How much have you played the deck? Wrath doesn't kill artifacts, enchantments or planeswalkers, all of which can be sacrificed to the doom. So they are hardly locked out of the game even if you get doom, wrath and BBWW on turn 4 as you describe. They are also allowed to play lands, make and use tokens, etc. etc. I played a mono black deck that played rankle after a wrath and kept recurring gutterbones to sac to the doom.

Like i said it was only the first night playing the deck but first impression was I never really got to lock an opponent out. Doom was just a game within a game that sometimes got me an extra card. We'll see.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GrandpaPants posted:

Have you considered just playing all the good green and blue cards?

I did but there were too many of them. That's why I wanted a wishboard.

Homers BBBq posted:

Like i said it was only the first night playing the deck but first impression was I never really got to lock an opponent out. Doom was just a game within a game that sometimes got me an extra card. We'll see.

Huh. I played the deck a fair bit during the free events and I locked people out so hard I actually generally won with one or two of the Doom knights as I worried too much about getting wrathed if I dance-animated my dudes.

Though I still found the deck delightful to play even when it lost. Something about drawing cards like crazy off of eggs and globes and dancing for three just to draw to cards and Oath of Kaya someone in a pinch. It's frantic.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

thespaceinvader posted:

There's a lot of stuff in it that combos together, and a decent amount of early and midrange drops. It has a decent amount of removal (and indeed, I bought Murderous Rider with my Field of the Dead refund specifically for it over other rares I probably want more) and a decent chunk of other food tokens to support the various things that use them. The only thing I've been meaning to fiddle with an not got round to is fitting Beanstalk Giant in there somewhere, because with an expensive commander like Garruk you really want to ramp to him early.

It's at its best when you get Ayara and/or Witch's Oven on the field early, (or Izoni, for that matter, but she's not an early drop), and it's a little weak to flyers, but it's mostly pretty solid IME.

Thanks, I had to slightly downgrade it as not to waste all my wild cards on Brawl, but I think I can use this to highroll some wins.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Homers BBBq posted:

Its kind of hard not to understand... How much have you played the deck? Wrath doesn't kill artifacts, enchantments or planeswalkers, all of which can be sacrificed to the doom. So they are hardly locked out of the game even if you get doom, wrath and BBWW on turn 4 as you describe. They are also allowed to play lands, make and use tokens, etc. etc. I played a mono black deck that played rankle after a wrath and kept recurring gutterbones to sac to the doom.

If they sacrifice their planeswalker or enchantment to Doom then you've answered one of their key cards without even doing anything, and you still have your Doom around to answer their next play!

Yes, if your opponent can recur a card every turn they can avoid your lock. Try to not let them do that.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Is one not allowed to cast commanders for alternate costs?

I made a Sephara brawl deck, then found out once I had four untapped creatures with flying that my plan may not have been so hot.

you definitely can cast Sephara for her alternate casting cost, but if she's been put back in the command zone once already, the alternate cost will still have a +2 generic mana cost attached to it.

my Emry Brawl deck is about 15-2 at the moment. having affinity for artifacts means that no matter how many times they get rid of her she's still dirt cheap.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just checking in here to be sure, but the physical Eldraine Brawl preconstructed decks don't have codes to redeem a free copy of the deck in Arena, right? We have some at work, and I was thinking about grabbing the knights one and the Korvold one, but since I don't get out of the house enough to play against people in real life, I'd rather not commit to spending money on them if I can't get the digital copies for Arena like with the Planeswalker decks.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Attestant posted:

Thanks, I had to slightly downgrade it as not to waste all my wild cards on Brawl, but I think I can use this to highroll some wins.

No worries.

I wouldn't worry too much about wasting wild cards if you plan on playing any black or green, I've found most of the rare+ stuff in there to be very useful in my Black/Green and Green/White decks.

W.T. Fits posted:

Just checking in here to be sure, but the physical Eldraine Brawl preconstructed decks don't have codes to redeem a free copy of the deck in Arena, right? We have some at work, and I was thinking about grabbing the knights one and the Korvold one, but since I don't get out of the house enough to play against people in real life, I'd rather not commit to spending money on them if I can't get the digital copies for Arena like with the Planeswalker decks.

There's a banner that suggests they should, but I can't attest personally to any success with it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I heard somewhere that stores are going to get codes to give out with Brawl decks, but I can't remember where I heard that AND my friend who owns a store has no idea what I'm talking about.

in short, :shrug:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

This talk of Dance Manse made me wonder if I already have the cards for it. Does anyone have a deck to share, please and thank you? I tried searching for one but I kept getting results that were over a month old.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I'm not seeing anything on the Brawl decks' packaging that says you can redeem a code for a free copy like the Planeswalker decks have, so I'm going to just save my money.

Also, looks like we're sold out of the Knights deck anyway.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Homers BBBq posted:

I’ve been playing it since this Standard started and done the exact thing I described plenty of times. Yes, if they have a creature they can recur infinitely from the graveyard, it will naturally not work, but you described one of the only decks that can do that (cat combo can too I guess). Against the majority of Simic food variants, there’s no way to avoid the lock.

To deal with Rankle, cast one of your 4 Oath of Kayas.

qbert fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Why is brawl not permanent!!