Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I thought the campaign was coop was that just a lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Am I the only one who hasn't played cod since 2007 MW

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elendil004 posted:

I thought the campaign was coop was that just a lie?

Spec Ops (which follows up the Campaign) is the co-op portion. I don't think they ever indicated the campaign would be co-op.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I'm glad COD is experimenting with changes to the game but they need to fix playlists. I want fast rushdown 30 death games like every previous COD. Games that are done in under 12 minutes.

10v10 maps being in normal pool is dumb. The maps for 10v10 are awful and only good for HQ. Ttk is bad and makes no sense. Every death feels like someone sniped you with a cannonball, very rarely are there indicators.

It feels like they set it to steal ex Siege and BF players with the game style shift. Unfortunately a lot of us enjoyed COD for mindless run and gun, not window peaking claymore BF style game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Can I link my xbone license and PC license to have one profile (ie same unlocks)?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The footsteps thing is honestly the thing that kills the game for me the most. I like listening to music or chatting in party while playing the game so I don't really listen to the game much. I can usually mostly counter people using this against me with dead silence, but I can't even do that this year. It reminds me of when Blops 4 came out of the gate trying to make everyone rely on teamwork and had to patch the game a ton when they realized a bunch of people don't actually want to play this game super serious.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Spec Ops (which follows up the Campaign) is the co-op portion. I don't think they ever indicated the campaign would be co-op.

But there's only one of those and it's just wave defense?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Elendil004 posted:

But there's only one of those and it's just wave defense?

That’s survival, a PS4 exclusive mode of Spec Ops. Actual Spec Ops is objective based 4 player co-op.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

codo27 posted:

I have never played cod before yesterday.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

XP tokens counting down while you're in menus is some poo poo

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are the shotguns good this year

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s survival, a PS4 exclusive mode of Spec Ops. Actual Spec Ops is objective based 4 player co-op.

How do I get to the objective based 4 player coop? I clicked coop, on PC, and it's just a single defend the afghan village wave defense as far as I can tell.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The footsteps thing is honestly the thing that kills the game for me the most. I like listening to music or chatting in party while playing the game so I don't really listen to the game much. I can usually mostly counter people using this against me with dead silence, but I can't even do that this year. It reminds me of when Blops 4 came out of the gate trying to make everyone rely on teamwork and had to patch the game a ton when they realized a bunch of people don't actually want to play this game super serious.

You totally can counter soundwhoring with Dead Silence. I watched streamers ambush people with it.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
Spec Ops missions are hard as poo poo but goddamn I love it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Why are so many loving children in the campaign? I could do without shooting a woman in front of her kid because she went for a gun for the 47th time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CuddleCryptid posted:

Why are so many loving children in the campaign? I could do without shooting a woman in front of her kid because she went for a gun for the 47th time.

It's gotta be gritty and realistic

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

anuj posted:

Spec Ops missions are hard as poo poo but goddamn I love it.

There's more than one?

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Elendil004 posted:

There's more than one?

There's four I thought?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

anuj posted:

There's four I thought?

I can only see/select one and the game explains nothing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like how Spec ops is clearly just the Battle Royale map, like they aren't even trying to hide it.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

Elendil004 posted:

I can only see/select one and the game explains nothing.

It might be the PS4 exclusive mode. Yeah, the wave-based one I have no idea wtf is going on.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

Gotta capture the market that hates women in games.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Bumper Stickup posted:

Gotta capture the market that hates women

Let's just be accurate and call it what it is.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really like the way the game plays to be honest. I feel like its a really happy medium between the idiotic run and gun of past COD and the more tactical, slower battlefield gameplay. I feel like i generally get to make a decision and can play effectively depending on if I am camping an area or running around like an idiot. I do think some of the open areas and spaces result in too many kill lanes.

The 10s and Ground War are a welcome change for me, but I do agree it takes me quite some time to get into the action occasionally but I guess this is to ensure you don't get spawned and killed. I wish it didn't require cross play or whatever thought, I play terribly when going against PC players.

I've been running around with the pump shotty and you can do pretty well with it. One of the goons last night was wrecking face with the olympia. a major part of my shotty strategy though is learning the maps and the sight lines so you can pop out and point blank people as well as what the safest routes to take with the shortest sight lines and i'm still struggling with that.

The only map I hate because it can turn into the worst spawn camping exercise in existance is that middle east map with B on the bridge in the middle. That map blows, especially if you get trapped on A.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Online is working but I can’t get into a match today. Anyone else?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
So do people like this game? Opinions are either it's worse than Hitler or the best game since modern warfare 1.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mill Village posted:

You totally can counter soundwhoring with Dead Silence. I watched streamers ambush people with it.

Dead Silence seems so much better than all the other field orders. It charges so fast, you don't make any noise, and in addition it gives you a speed boost.

Also, the R9 shotgun is super good/fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
beat the campaign. i liked it alot. yeah some of the stuff is edgy but it could have been much much worse/stupider and i like the grounded feel. the over all story is hit or miss but you definitely feel the mix of uncharted and Infinite war. i also thought it nailed the grey shittyness of our modern cold war/war on terror/proxy wars or at least as well as a cod game can. i am excited for a sequel.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

fit em all up in there posted:

The 3d shotgun you unlock, I think it's the 12gauge, is pretty good! You can one-hit kill from a fairly long distance with it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fit em all up in there posted:

Hell yes they are. Was playing last night, and guys with the 680 were just dropping us like a bolt to a cow's head at SPAS ranges.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

They really need to implement punishment for leavers

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

codo27 posted:

This is me. I'm really enjoying this one, TTK and all. The footsteps thing could be toned down a bit but ideally Dead Silence is still useful because since I've unlocked it it's the only field upgrade I've been using.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Dpulex posted:

So do people like this game? Opinions are either it's worse than Hitler or the best game since modern warfare 1.

If you enjoy COD games, the 6v6 modes are okay but the 10v10 and above are awful. The 10v10 maps are boring with long sights, lots of running and other things that no one looks for in a COD series game. It's an interesting approach, and maybe thats where they want to take the series in the future.

That being said, I have played most COD's at launch, this one is about as average as they come. For every new feature that is welcome, theres something else that sets it back just as far. Netcode/TTK is all over the place, maps are designed so that everyone gets to flank or peak out a window and kill someone as there are dozens of fire lanes for every single area of each map.

It's a 7/10 when its in 6v6, it's a 3/10 in other modes IMO. Again, I play COD for the fun of running around and mindlessly killing, not for setting claymores and hiding in a window for 3-4 minutes to pick someone off going for a flank. That shits for Battlefield and if COD fanbase wants that then so be it, since BF has dropped the ball.

edit: DS doesn't do poo poo against footsteps if you are actively soundwhoring, the radar situation is a laughable. Also the killstreaks are very hit/miss, but that is par for the series.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Maybe they'll make some improvements on like day 3 or 4 or beyond or something

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What are some recommendations for loadouts and perks for me, if my absolute fondest time and memories come from 10 years ago, when you could stack commando, marathon, and... long reach or some poo poo, and have your knife out with your pistol and run around everywhere knifing players?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SubponticatePoster posted:

War. War never changes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQR3HgQruYQ

RS still good, they seem to have nerfed the lunge quite a bit and you're slower than a sloth on quaaludes, but it's still fun. Right now I'm stuck with the default class but once I get C4, maybe a conc grenade I'll be happy as a pig in poo poo.

Your gamma/brightness is set way, wayy too high.

:lol: at the attempted mine toss to the roof.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Facetious posted:

Your gamma/brightness is set way, wayy too high.

:lol: at the attempted mine toss to the roof.
Yeah the bouncing betty apparently weighs 98 pounds, I can launch just about everything else over half the map.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

faantastic posted:

Again, I play COD for the fun of running around and mindlessly killing, not for setting claymores and hiding in a window for 3-4 minutes to pick someone off going for a flank. That shits for Battlefield

Battlefield is nothing like this. You’re encouraged to move as much as possible, and there’s a million flanking routes to punish campers. Call of Duty has always been the campers haven, specifically due to killstreaks.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's a shame the brightness setting is pretty much useless and these games continue to have the worst color blind options ever (all games need to jack Overwatch's system)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

RCarr posted:

Battlefield is nothing like this. You’re encouraged to move as much as possible, and there’s a million flanking routes to punish campers. Call of Duty has always been the campers haven, specifically due to killstreaks.

BF is more similar to 10v10 than COD GW normally was. Everyone just playing for themselves and it only feels good on HQ so long as the spawns are not warped.

COD campers tend to be the bottom of the barrel players, big dick kill streak callers are normally aggressive and shifting position.