Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Typhon Deleon voice acting was really well done. Made finding his logs interesting. Pissed they killed him off because I think he would have made a fun DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Niwrad posted:

The Typhon Deleon voice acting was really well done. Made finding his logs interesting. Pissed they killed him off because I think he would have made a fun DLC.

The credits sequence has his coat on a bot body so I wonder if it's a hint they're planning to revive him in a robo body later on. he's a fun character so I hope they do

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

DaveKap posted:

Although I love this new update and how it finally fixes the fuckin UI, I've got a real weird bug where the load screens just don't exist. No hints or tips, just black until I load in. Weird.

Are you using the nomovies parameter in the launch settings for the game? I briefly used that and had the same thing happen until I got rid of it again.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Skypie posted:

The credits sequence has his coat on a bot body so I wonder if it's a hint they're planning to revive him in a robo body later on. he's a fun character so I hope they do

The inactive bot is in his cave when you visit and doesn't appear to do anything else do I think that's where they're going.

Great character and performance, they got it so you could imagine the voice from the logs matching the guy in the posters, who looked ridiculous enough you could expect him to look like that but maybe be a charlatan, rather than to be as true an adventurer as you could encounter and just not look as expected.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I'm trying really hard to not buy the super deluxe edition.

I am not sure I can hold out.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I bought the deluxe edition or w/e the slightly more expensive one is because it was like a 4 dollar difference when I did it but tbh I'm not really sure what difference it made.

The store claimed there was some +exp% thing but I haven't seen it yet.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Yeah the deluxe edition is almost the same price as the base game right now.

I'm just trying to resist the season pass because I try not to buy content that doesn't exist yet but I know I'll buy the DLC eventually because this is one of my favorite franchises ever.

Have they fixed the performance issues people were having? My PC is getting on in years and an i5-4670k and GTX950 don't go as far as they used to these days. I'd be pretty ticked if I dropped $90 (or even just the $60) on something that's gonna run like rear end.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Agent355 posted:

I bought the deluxe edition or w/e the slightly more expensive one is because it was like a 4 dollar difference when I did it but tbh I'm not really sure what difference it made.

The store claimed there was some +exp% thing but I haven't seen it yet.

If you go into your social menu and check the mail you should have some starter legendaries. One of them is a shield that gives you a 10% XP boost to level 10.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

hamsystem posted:

If you go into your social menu and check the mail you should have some starter legendaries. One of them is a shield that gives you a 10% XP boost to level 10.

Negligible difference but it's actually through level 10, so you get the bonus until you hit level 11.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Is there a way to host a game in a way that matches me with someone who's trying it for the first time too? Seems like I keep getting matched with speed runners who are on their 2nd or 3rd playthrough already.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Random little curiosity question since I'm new to the game still. What's everyone's favorite vault hunter just based on personality and little quips during battle and story dialogue and such? I'm quite enjoying Fl4k's complete deadpan tendencies towards everything but I've heard a bit of Zane and he seems like a fun goofball.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fl4k is probably the best.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ok so the Halloween quest crashed on my son when he was playing and now on me. Now we don’t have the quest and can’t get it again. loving :lol: what a piece of poo poo.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Random little curiosity question since I'm new to the game still. What's everyone's favorite vault hunter just based on personality and little quips during battle and story dialogue and such? I'm quite enjoying Fl4k's complete deadpan tendencies towards everything but I've heard a bit of Zane and he seems like a fun goofball.

I still really like Amara being a lunatic with a god complex just constantly begging someone, anyone, to put up a fight

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Last night I booted up the new patch with the Halloween stuff. For some reason I am unable to mark as trash or favorite in my inventory anymore. This persisted through quicktravel but I did not reload. I was able to work around it by going in one of Marcus's vending machines and then I could mark as trash and favorite, but it was still annoying. Anyone else have that bug?

Also, I hope the DLC's see Balex's character expanded upon. I really like the voice acting and humor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sioux posted:

Last night I booted up the new patch with the Halloween stuff. For some reason I am unable to mark as trash or favorite in my inventory anymore. This persisted through quicktravel but I did not reload. I was able to work around it by going in one of Marcus's vending machines and then I could mark as trash and favorite, but it was still annoying. Anyone else have that bug?

Also, I hope the DLC's see Balex's character expanded upon. I really like the voice acting and humor.

Yes, it's very annoying. Easiest way now is to mark them in the vendor sell menu or at your stash. You can also mark things you've equipped.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Zane is charming as all hell. He's just having so much fun with his life.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I'm still slowly making my way through the campaign and this Halloween event seems to be making that even more obnoxious due to the ghost enemies appearing everywhere.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Duckula posted:

I'm still slowly making my way through the campaign and this Halloween event seems to be making that even more obnoxious due to the ghost enemies appearing everywhere.

It's real cool when a legendery drops and it has a Terror Annointed effect on it which will be useless when the event ends.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ok so the Halloween quest crashed on my son when he was playing and now on me. Now we don’t have the quest and can’t get it again. loving :lol: what a piece of poo poo.

This happened to me once too. I had to restart the game, get back into the game, and then reapply the hotpatch to get back to the event.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
It seems like since the last update I'm getting some weird visual effects when I use action skills on Zane, has anyone else seen something like this?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Judge Tesla posted:

It's real cool when a legendery drops and it has a Terror Annointed effect on it which will be useless when the event ends.
There are anointed perks that give you Terror, assuming you have enough gear to make a kit dedicated to it.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Dutymode posted:

It seems like since the last update I'm getting some weird visual effects when I use action skills on Zane, has anyone else seen something like this?

I was getting frost all the time last night.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I don't have a problem with the Blood Harvest event as a free bit of seasonal content, but I feel like it gets in the way of the Anointed boost, since a bunch of the Terror effects end up on them.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Are you using the nomovies parameter in the launch settings for the game? I briefly used that and had the same thing happen until I got rid of it again.
That would do it! Thanks!

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

BizarroAzrael posted:

I don't have a problem with the Blood Harvest event as a free bit of seasonal content, but I feel like it gets in the way of the Anointed boost, since a bunch of the Terror effects end up on them.

Yeah, I actually dropped some terror-annointed gear in favor of non-annointed gear just so I don't have to be annoyed about the useless text, even though they're functionally the same

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to regain the event if your character bugs out and can't access it anymore? I only have one level 50 character and he's unable to interact with Maurice

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
Welp, I gotta say this game is pretty fun. Especially coming from trying to have a good time with No Man's Sky, this is in stark contrast as far as "enjoyment per hour". Enjoying Amara a lot more than the gunner class I started with first, although I must have moved too fast and the floating ball bass is kicking my rear end. Will have to go back and do some side-quests, use some golden keys

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

DreadCthulhu posted:

Welp, I gotta say this game is pretty fun. Especially coming from trying to have a good time with No Man's Sky, this is in stark contrast as far as "enjoyment per hour". Enjoying Amara a lot more than the gunner class I started with first, although I must have moved too fast and the floating ball bass is kicking my rear end. Will have to go back and do some side-quests, use some golden keys

Welcome, friend, the cultured and intelligent club for Amara players

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
punchy Amara has definitely been the most fun I've had so far although a few of the boss fights took FOREVER although on my subsequent playthroughs with Moze I'm kind of wondering if maybe bosses are just boring for everybody

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Greenplastic posted:

Yeah, I actually dropped some terror-annointed gear in favor of non-annointed gear just so I don't have to be annoyed about the useless text, even though they're functionally the same

I suspect they will do little events like this, xp boosts and the like, going forward. Obviously it will be better without Bloody Harvest, but even more so when they assign more specific legends to bosses to we can farm specific anointed.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

nominal posted:

punchy Amara has definitely been the most fun I've had so far although a few of the boss fights took FOREVER although on my subsequent playthroughs with Moze I'm kind of wondering if maybe bosses are just boring for everybody

The only boss that stalled us initially was Graveward, and that had more to do with not understanding where his weak points were I think. And certain characters/builds just seem like bosses aren't in their wheelhouse

Punchy Amara and Sheriff Amara are definitely weak at bossing (especially Sheriff build since it relies on stacking overkill damage off mobs for stupid big crits), in my experience. Fade Away FL4K hasn't been too bad, but mine isn't 50 yet so I haven't done Mayhem 2/3 bosses

sfmarine7
Aug 26, 2004
hey, how's it going
Any tips on cheesing the shooting range for the perfect score achievement? It's one of my last for plat on PS4.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

sfmarine7 posted:

Any tips on cheesing the shooting range for the perfect score achievement? It's one of my last for plat on PS4.

Doing it with 3 or 4 people and each taking a zone is simple

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

sfmarine7 posted:

Use an Infinity with a friend.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Monolith. posted:

Use an Infinity with a friend.

This.

Slightly related, has anyone seen an Infinity in an elemental variety? I’ve seen three non-elemental drops and was just wondering.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ShadowedFlames posted:

This.

Slightly related, has anyone seen an Infinity in an elemental variety? I’ve seen three non-elemental drops and was just wondering.

I've found two radiation ones.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Just missing cold and fire here

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

ShadowedFlames posted:

This.

I might also add that the one who starts the shooting range will get the cheevo if you hit all the targets. Make sure you alternate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Wow the Agonizer 9000 was an rear end boss fight. Took me like four tries until I finally got the fucker down and then I had a migraine from hell afterwards from all the loud obnoxious machinery noise in that fight. I should probably finally just turn the SFX volume down. :v:

EDIT: Also Fl4k's pets eat poo poo to every part of that fight and just fall on the floor every 5 seconds it's awful.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 27, 2019