Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

escape artist posted:

what horror films take place in psych wards? Besides Nightmare 3
Unsane
Shutter Island if your horror definitions are fast and loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

married but discreet posted:

Tattoo is dope, Kvlt! retains the right to call people posers.

Fran thread title plz

Ty to everyone for all the tat compliments btw ❤

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

escape artist posted:

Bad Dreams

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

wrong thread

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

escape artist posted:

The Ward. :laugh:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

escape artist posted:

Cult of Chunky, parts of In The Mouth of Madness, Asylum (1972).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Someday I'll watch that for a 4th time and see if I can finally remember a single thing about it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Cult of Chunky

:laugh:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It's the official spelling.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Cat of Chonky

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im gonna check out noroi but are there any other really good asian horrors people can recommend?
we've seen a lotta horrors in this household but not many of them and it seems like an untapped market. particularly recent good ones but old movies are fine too.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Communist Thoughts posted:

im gonna check out noroi but are there any other really good asian horrors people can recommend?
we've seen a lotta horrors in this household but not many of them and it seems like an untapped market. particularly recent good ones but old movies are fine too.

X-Cross: two women go to a mountain resort only to discover themselves each in their own, wildly different horror movie that thematically represents their toxic relationships with men

Occult: By the same guy as Noroi, a fantastic fake documentary that starts off as a slow, emotional story about surviving trauma and slowly morphs into something completely different.

Pulse: when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth. But with ghosts instead of zombies. Lonely and haunting. Don't watch the American remake

Kwaidan: four classic ghost stories, told with amazing fairy tale style

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 27, 2019

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

heres my rob zombie tattoo

poo poo that came out really great. no offense was kinda hoping for something terrible :devil:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Communist Thoughts posted:

Tale of Two Sisters has, to me, some of the most scary scenes in any horror movie. It's preeeeetty convoluted though.
Human Lanterns for something different :getin:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

escape artist posted:

Friday the 13th part 5

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just watched Haunt and it was pretty fun.

I can't get over how pointless the abusive boyfriend character was though. Like, why the gently caress was he even in the movie? That guy, and her whole backstory had no reason whatsoever to be in the movie.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Shout out to the original Carrie for scaring the bejeesus out of my wife and I at the end. Should have seen that coming!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Oh my god I loving loved The Lighthouse so much. It's just barely horror-related enough to be discussed here, much more of a weird Lovecraftian nautical fart comedy. Go see it if you can it's beautiful and gross and genuinely hilarious and has probably Willem Defoe's greatest performance.

You didn't like my lobster?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

escape artist posted:

Session 9. very goofy and intense david caruso performance

I guess the whole thing was actually shot inside danvers mental hospital

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

A scary movie that tells the truth of a sinful life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpeOd03gqxc

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hey Kvlt!, Deadbeat At Dawn is dirty and gross as hell, thanks for the rec

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

veni veni veni posted:

I can't get over how pointless the abusive boyfriend character was though. Like, why the gently caress was he even in the movie? That guy, and her whole backstory had no reason whatsoever to be in the movie.

I mean, I think it's a red herring but they immediately drop it once it's made obvious that he's not going to be the killer. He sends a text with a close-up of a costume and then we later see one of the haunt actors in a similar costume, so you think the movie's going to be like "this is just a normal haunt but her boyfriend is inside with them and is going to kill them" but it's not that at all.

It's probably just there so they can pull a bait-and-switch and pivot from the movie you think it's going to be into the movie it actually is.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I threw Re-Animator on last night during our Halloween party and totally forgot about the head giving head scene. Everyone was screaming when that scene started and I had to tell them that it was going to get worse before it got better. Funny how desensitized to that poo poo I've become.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

how the gently caress do you think i feel showing Toetag movies to my buds lol

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

NienNunb posted:

Oh my god I loving loved The Lighthouse so much. It's just barely horror-related enough to be discussed here, much more of a weird Lovecraftian nautical fart comedy. Go see it if you can it's beautiful and gross and genuinely hilarious and has probably Willem Defoe's greatest performance.

You didn't like my lobster?

Yeah, saw The Lighthouse last night and it was a weird and wild blast. It's artsy and fartsy. :v:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Fran I would like to formally request the Lighthouse not be discussed itt. I LOVED the Lighthouse, its my fav movie of the year so far. Its an 11/10. But its really not a horror by any stretch like at all.

COOL CORN posted:

Hey Kvlt!, Deadbeat At Dawn is dirty and gross as hell, thanks for the rec

gently caress yes! I'm so glad you enjoyed it ❤ Your turn to hit me with a rec!

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Just watched Haunt (2019) and I really enjoyed it. Didn't blow me away or anything, but I liked it a lot. Also watched Sometimes They Come Back and The Black Water Vampire this weekend. Sometimes... was fine and I think I probably watched it as a kid, but Black Water Vampire just plain frustrated me with how hard they squandered their interesting idea. I love Found Footage as a genre, but that movie sucked out loud. Just became a Blair Witch ripoff but in the snow and absolutely no subtlety with its premise. Special effects sucked too, and those are the only thing that could have possibly saved it. I didn't pay anything to see it and I still feel like I need a refund.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I am like that Lewis Black candy corn bit but for Treehouse of Horror.

Every year I'm like, "Oooh... new Treehouse of Horror. That must be at least kind of good."

Then I'm watching them waste what felt like a full minute of a Stranger Things parody of Bart playing Atari ET.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The first trailer for the BBC's "Dracula", by the team that did "Sherlock"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9TjMNqPEo

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
"From the makers of Sherlock" doesn't exactly instill enthusiasm. And mannn, they're really going full on with the Christopher Lee look.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Davros1 posted:

The first trailer for the BBC's "Dracula", by the team that did "Sherlock"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9TjMNqPEo

Pretend I posted the wedding gif

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Kvlt! posted:

Fran I would like to formally request the Lighthouse not be discussed itt. I LOVED the Lighthouse, its my fav movie of the year so far. Its an 11/10. But its really not a horror by any stretch like at all.
:rolleyes: Under what cliquish definition of horror does The Lighthouse not qualify “by any stretch like at all?” Are you going to lobby to ban Carnival of Souls too? How about The Changeling?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

david_a posted:

:rolleyes: Under what cliquish definition of horror does The Lighthouse not qualify “by any stretch like at all?” Are you going to lobby to ban Carnival of Souls too? How about The Changeling?

under MINE you massive loving tool

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kvlt! posted:

under MINE you massive loving tool

This is a real poser response. I’m gonna scrub your rob zombie tattoo off

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no I'll be good :(

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
With respect Kvlt, I get where you're coming from... The Lighthouse can sort of fit under a lot of descriptors, and it's less "horror" than it is a psychological thriller, but there's enough of a Lovecraftian vibe in it that it totally qualifies it for this thread. Also, Robert Pattinson fucks a mermaid and gets his guts eaten out by seagulls. So there's that. :stare:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

[HARKS Internally]

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

im sorry i just dont think willem dafoes cum is that horrific

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

im sorry i just dont think willem dafoes cum is that horrific

--clears throat and gets ready to tell that story about what Lars von Trier said about Willem Dafoe--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

"stunt cock" was my nickname in high school