Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I finally started watching this yesterday after Brandon Stroud's recaps caught my interest, and it's like being taken back in time in a way that just going back and watching old WCW shows never quite could. I put on the first episode of Powerrr and I'm back in my parents' basement with a sandwich on a paper plate in front of a Zenith console TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope when Kamille finally speaks it's like a 50-minute monologue analyzing obscure 16th-century art pieces that take up the rest of the episode

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

I hope when Kamille finally speaks it's like a 50-minute monologue analyzing obscure 16th-century art pieces that take up the rest of the episode

Maria going from complete ditz to this was marvellous at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVxkOYIbl5s

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

I got to say as someone who's only wrestling experience is watching a little WWE back when the shield was a thing and having no nostalgia for any kind of wrestling, this has me hooked.
It's kind of impressive that they can both show cool matches and make care about them in under an hour.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I love the aesthetic, presentation, commercials and promos but I thought the wrestling this week was kind of flat. I'm interested in what their ppvs will look like both in match execution and overall presentation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DuhSal posted:

I love the aesthetic, presentation, commercials and promos but I thought the wrestling this week was kind of flat. I'm interested in what their ppvs will look like both in match execution and overall presentation.

One of the problems with an older roster is that if you do your taping all in one go, dudes get tired.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

DuhSal posted:

I've had the opposite experience. I've found that I care more about a headlock in NWA than I do a dive to the outside in every other promotion, so I guess a lot of the old guys were right when they said to slow things down, but if everybody were doing this, the few high flyers would stand out and feel more important, so mostly I just appreciate how different, in this case, slow, the wrestling can be.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Benne posted:

I hope it's just Bill Burr's Philadelphia rant

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

LividLiquid posted:

I've had the opposite experience. I've found that I care more about a headlock in NWA than I do a dive to the outside in every other promotion, so I guess a lot of the old guys were right when they said to slow things down, but if everybody were doing this, the few high flyers would stand out and feel more important, so mostly I just appreciate how different, in this case, slow, the wrestling can be.

that's fair. and I agree this style is a good alternative to stuff like nxt and aew but I just found these matches this week in particular weren't that great.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
As J-Ru said in another thread, I have become a fan of Tim Storm; and am genuinely invested in his storyline of "older former champ looking to prove that he still has it".

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

LividLiquid posted:

NWA are proof positive that the most basic wrestling (both in-ring and promos) can be incredibly compelling if done with care and sincerity.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

As J-Ru said in another thread, I have become a fan of Tim Storm; and am genuinely invested in his storyline of "older former champ looking to prove that he still has it".

I remember when before CorganNWA started and people googled the NWA Champion to find it was some old lumpy school teacher who only wrestled in lovely indies. Forgive us Tim Storm we knew not what we did.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

IIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ8MkbUXMK0

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

give Jocephus the strap

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I’ve had Into the Fire stuck in my head all week. Not much of a Dokken fan, but that is one good theme song.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Eli Drake's hair makes him look like a dummy.

Yeah.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

As much as I want to see it right now, I'm gonna' be a little pissed if this match is tonight, 'cause I hate the idea that there was no scheduled main event when this show went on the air.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Better opening segment than anything WWW's done in a long time

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

They’re just going to drag this Camille storyline out all the way until the iPPV and beyond, huh.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Better opening segment than anything WWW's done in a long time

Brutally burying the entire internet there

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

extradite THIS! posted:

Not the information superhighway!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

No DQ... why?

Lotta' WWE tropes today.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I approve of Josephus just getting owned each and every week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

Well, it's true!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why would you change your name from Idol Stevens to Aron Stevens?

Edit: That little kid who yelled "YOU'RE THE RIDICULOUS ONE" is amazing.

Edit 2: Get women drunk and they'll gently caress you.

What an ad that was.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 29, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Bram looks like Trent's big brother

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Is this the last episode of this day of the taping? Because everybody seems tired.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Well that was certainly an end to a No DQ match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

"Don't do it!"

That kid's the best

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

That's a hell of a deal!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
"Monumental" is not the word I would use to describe :aronrex:'s career.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Man, this audience is pretty great.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

Is this the last episode of this day of the taping? Because everybody seems tired.

Yes

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

NuclearPotato posted:

Man, this audience is pretty great.
The "No!" "Yes!" thing was very good.

I am still very confused by the face/heel alignments here. Wild Card are heels? Colt is not a face?!?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tom Foolery would be a great wrestling name

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

The "No!" "Yes!" thing was very good.

I am still very confused by the face/heel alignments here. Wild Card are heels? Colt is not a face?!?

Colt and Anderson are a face team

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Man, Anderson is in SHAPE!

What shape that is, I have no idea

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Superman pin: the worst loving move in all of wrestling.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Fun episode overall, though it didn’t quite have the zing compared to weeks 1 and 3. Maybe even weeks are just going to be lacking compared to odd weeks. :v:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Downs

-Show kayfabe booked on the fly.

-Super rapey Idol Stevens ad.

-Jocephus gets to use powder right in front of a ref without getting DQed for some reason.

Ups

-James Storm rules.

-The crowd.

-That kid in the crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've only caught bits and pieces but as best as I can tell Eli Drake's gimmick/storyline is that he's secretly trying to help James and Tim Storm get to a place to be reunited on a very special episode of Eli's paternity case talk show.