Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I love the Riot Shield so gosh darn much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's the correct use of the shield? I notice that it takes up a weapon slot.

Also, does anyone have any luck using knives? I wanted to see if some kind of stealth build was viable, using the perk that dampens your steps and sneaking inside buildings but you have to be really drat close for the knife to make contact. I always fail.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
How are the hitboxes in multiplayer ? I'm noticing all the good players sweaty tryhards using the angry looking skinny british girl.
Does caracter size impact the hitbox ?

Also the campagn make me want a game all about clearing building with NVG and flashbangs. Only you could be able to scream POLICE GET DOWN HANDS IN THE AIR instead of murdering people in front of their kids as you sneakily invade their homes.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Krogort posted:

How are the hitboxes in multiplayer ? I'm noticing all the good players sweaty tryhards using the angry looking skinny british girl.
Does caracter size impact the hitbox ?

That's just the first character you unlock in multiplayer. Also, it's nice to hear a woman's voice.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Team Deathmatch score limit increased to 100 kills now.

Can we no longer cycle through killstreaks when we earn higher streaks? Sometimes I get a UAV and Cluster Strike in quick succession and I can't use the UAV til the CS is used.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 27, 2019

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Not sure I'm enjoying a meta evolving around fast M4/Kilo play. There's limited weakness to them except at long ranges against a more powerful gun or very close to a shotgun.

Comparatively IMO a lot of other guns struggle with the slow ADS or requiring higher precision to beat them

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Carecat posted:

Not sure I'm enjoying a meta evolving around fast M4/Kilo play. There's limited weakness to them except at long ranges against a more powerful gun or very close to a shotgun.

Comparatively IMO a lot of other guns struggle with the slow ADS or requiring higher precision to beat them

I’ve noticed that I can do really well but the second I switch away from the m4 I do horribly. It really excels at all ranges, I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets nerfed super hard soon.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ve noticed that I can do really well but the second I switch away from the m4 I do horribly. It really excels at all ranges, I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets nerfed super hard soon.

M4 is very similar to the Kilo and the M13, they'd have to nerf all the 5.56 AR together.
Maybe even the Aug 5.56 and the rechambered ak47 too but I havn't tried those.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So thanks to the posters who noted objective based spec ops is under public play. These are so badly tuned it's hilarious. Every door is a clown car for enemies, it's impossible to clear anything, the only strategy that half worked was rushing in a car and confusing the spawns enough to get one objective done.
Who the gently caress tested this? How did something so bad get implemented?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Team Deathmatch score limit increased to 100 kills now.

Can we no longer cycle through killstreaks when we earn higher streaks? Sometimes I get a UAV and Cluster Strike in quick succession and I can't use the UAV til the CS is used.

Hold the kill streak button and you can select one with the right stick. It’s never mentioned and I just found it by accident.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

I’m about to unlock the lever action rifle in multiplayer- is it any good or is it more of a gimmick gun? It was fun when I dicked around with in in the campaign.

I am not impressed, the one hit region is real small and you fire slooooow.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mods rename this thread to "Call of Duty: Boomer M4fare"

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Hold the kill streak button and you can select one with the right stick. It’s never mentioned and I just found it by accident.

:wow:

Thanks, never knew that.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ugh, I was told they'd nerf the jumping in this game, but there still seems to be a corner jumping meta out there. Along with the M4/kilo meta, this is the most annoying thing right now.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 27, 2019

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Anyone trying to do the Co-op missions? The public matches are awful and people just gently caress off in every direction and do nothing relevant and it's driving me insane.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Even if you try to stay together it's really loving hard when multiple juggernauts are stacking on you.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Anyone trying to do the Co-op missions? The public matches are awful and people just gently caress off in every direction and do nothing relevant and it's driving me insane.

I think they're broken. I refuse to believe they are working as intended with guys clown car`ing from every door the second you walk past.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

CLARPUS posted:

Even if you try to stay together it's really loving hard when multiple juggernauts are stacking on you.

I haven't tried the others but headhunter is such bullshit I've tried really hard a few times. The farthest we (me and pubs) ever got was because someone was on the roof of the stadium letting us respawn. Didn't last long cause they jumped down. Then on the what I guess is the final scrambler there's an attack chopper gunning for you while getting shot at through smoke screens by armored troops, then after the chopper three juggs come out from all sides and pushed our poo poo in for good. Every other bad guy has a PKM, and there is an un-ending number of them.

There just isn't enough ammo or rockets to go around. It might be best for someone to just stay back and let the other three respawn, cause everyone is going to go down at some point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Broose posted:

I haven't tried the others but headhunter is such bullshit I've tried really hard a few times. The farthest we (me and pubs) ever got was because someone was on the roof of the stadium letting us respawn. Didn't last long cause they jumped down. Then on the what I guess is the final scrambler there's an attack chopper gunning for you while getting shot at through smoke screens by armored troops, then after the chopper three juggs come out from all sides and pushed our poo poo in for good. Every other bad guy has a PKM, and there is an un-ending number of them.

There just isn't enough ammo or rockets to go around. It might be best for someone to just stay back and let the other three respawn, cause everyone is going to go down at some point.

We tried that and the enemies will migrate to them while they are waiting for people to respawn.

But yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I'd be ok with it being so goddamn hard if ammo wasn't such an issue but there is just not enough of it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

What's the thing with the M4 now? Doesn't seem that special to me? I like the M91 a whole lot better myself

Also, the deployable shield is much fun! A campers' dream.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

John F Bennett posted:

What's the thing with the M4 now? Doesn't seem that special to me? I like the M91 a whole lot better myself

It’s really accurate and lethal out to really long range, while still shredding people up close. I really haven’t had any use out of SMGs because it does so well at close range as it is.

Also, who decided search and destroy and cyber warfare needed to be so many rounds? It’s nuts, it takes forever, and I’ve never seen a game of it that was even close so after the third round half the losing team has given up anyway.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Has anyone else had constant crashing on the PC? I get dumped to the desktop every 5 minutes, in both single player campaign and multiplayer.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Also, who decided search and destroy and cyber warfare needed to be so many rounds? It’s nuts, it takes forever, and I’ve never seen a game of it that was even close so after the third round half the losing team has given up anyway.

E-Sports.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Has anyone else had constant crashing on the PC? I get dumped to the desktop every 5 minutes, in both single player campaign and multiplayer.

Turn on the thing in the menu to watch your computer’s heat levels, that may be the issue.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

It’s a good AR so naturally it must be destroyed

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Turn on the thing in the menu to watch your computer’s heat levels, that may be the issue.

Huh, I'll give it a shot. Nothings really given me an issue before on this machine.

EDIT: seems like my temps are ok

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 27, 2019

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Game is pretty good! I have no complaints...except that Piccadilly might be one of the worst maps in franchise history. I have, so far, not played a match of any gamemode in which that map has any redeeming factors.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Game is pretty good! I have no complaints...except that Piccadilly might be one of the worst maps in franchise history. I have, so far, not played a match of any gamemode in which that map has any redeeming factors.

HQ is okay, but HQ is the only game mode that is worth playing currently.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Sounds like a bad overclock, but not bad enough to BSOD. Check Event Viewer for WHEA errors and adjust your overclock accordingly.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I love the Riot Shield so gosh darn much
:yeah:

John F Bennett posted:

What's the correct use of the shield? I notice that it takes up a weapon slot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq5_AHk-__k

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Constellation I posted:

Sounds like a bad overclock, but not bad enough to BSOD. Check Event Viewer for WHEA errors and adjust your overclock accordingly.

As far as I know, I've never overclocked anything.

Another weird glitch is that in the multiplayer menus, I don't see any character models, just a black background with the menus on top.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't used this yet (hopefully gonna rectify that today) but holy poo poo the reflection effects on the glass are impressive.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I'm not sure the co-op missions are doable even with a fully mic-ed and competent squad.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Another weird glitch is that in the multiplayer menus, I don't see any character models, just a black background with the menus on top.

You updated your graphics drivers to the newest ones, right? My only crash happened when I forgot to install them and that also sounds like your video card is the point of failure.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

You updated your graphics drivers to the newest ones, right? My only crash happened when I forgot to install them and that also sounds like your video card is the point of failure.

Yeah, latest drivers. My card is a GTX 1080 Ti, have had it about a year now. No other game has an issue, even higher demanding stuff.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Cool, the game crashes after five minutes due to "Dev Error 6068". Anyone else encountering this?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Your motherboard might have automatically overclocked or have a multi core enhancement that could put up your voltages/heat.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Ugh, overly complicated but thanks.

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

The fix for that is to turn the intro movie back on. I...I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Is the .357 magnum supposed to one shot kill everything? Seems a bit much