Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The AFC South Division Champion of 2019 will be...
This poll is closed.
Houtson 29 31.18%
Indianapolis 25 26.88%
Jacksonville 22 23.66%
Tennessee 17 18.28%
Total: 93 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

DJ Chark doo doo doo doo doo doo

Thank god we still have people with fun names on the Jags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.espn.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/69738/jimmy-smith-fred-taylor-next-jaguars-who-have-earned-hof-consideration

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Jaguars with a good, young and cheap QB is a bad thing for the rest of the AFC South. They're gonna run this division for the next few years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kirios posted:

The Jaguars with a good, young and cheap QB is a bad thing for the rest of the AFC South. They're gonna run this division for the next few years.

Lol

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Kirios posted:

You beat the jets

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I am definitely a Jaguars fans. DUVAL! and all that stuff. Fred Taylor should be in the Hall of Fame! Jimmy Smith did nothing wrong. Gardner Minshew is the sexiest man alive.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kirios posted:

Lmaoooooo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol all the posters who said the Titans were not gonna be terrible at the beginning of the season trying to make predictions

lol

just

lol

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hahahahagagaga

e: wrong thread

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 27, 2019

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

As best as I can tell, the Colts offense is fine unless the opposing team has both a decent run defense and 1 good corner. Hilton is the only person Brissett sees or has confidence in downfield, and every other WR (Cain, Campbell, Pascal) has failed. I had hoped Pascal had taken that spot, but he was invisible again. It's kind of sad to look forward to someone like Funchess coming back, but he might now be invisible like the other WR2's.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Eltoasto posted:

As best as I can tell, the Colts offense is fine unless the opposing team has both a decent run defense and 1 good corner. Hilton is the only person Brissett sees or has confidence in downfield, and every other WR (Cain, Campbell, Pascal) has failed. I had hoped Pascal had taken that spot, but he was invisible again. It's kind of sad to look forward to someone like Funchess coming back, but he might now be invisible like the other WR2's.

The Colts rushed for over 120 yards. They just shot themselves in the foot a bunch of times today. I felt the play calling was pretty vanilla. I think they're fine, Denver has a good defense.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Drafting Mariota didn't prevent the Titans from signing a decent backup ~at some point~ aka Year 5, so therefore it's a better pick than Jameis Winston, god bless.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Randaconda posted:

lol all the posters who said the Titans were not gonna be terrible at the beginning of the season trying to make predictions

lol

just

lol

Idk I look at the scoreboard and see... A W?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Randaconda posted:

lol

just

lol

They have a top 5 defense and will finish 9-7

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

I don't think Campbell is supposed to be a 2 guy, but he's hurt and a rookie so he'll get a pass on the first season.

I'm just kinda baffled that they don't use Hines more in the slot or something. He drops some passes, but constantly gets open and gets good yards. Let Mack and Wilkins handle rushing while splitting Hines out or using him in 2 back sets.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Eltoasto posted:

Jacoby is not willing to release the dragon which the nerds probably tell him don't do that against the Broncos so I am fine with him using the analytic guys percentages.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans desperately need to figure something out at RT until Howard comes back because Chris Clark is utter trash

I sure love watching him get beat, then shove the guy who beat him directly at Deshaun

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Probably Magic posted:

Drafting Mariota didn't prevent the Titans from signing a decent backup ~at some point~ aka Year 5, so therefore it's a better pick than Jameis Winston, god bless.

loving wild they went 1 and 2 in the draft and both look like they're gonna be career backups moving forward.

True. Gotta beat somebody though. If Oakland hangs on today you've got the Colts solidly in 1st and nobody below 500 in a 3 way tie for 2nd place which is just hilarious.

Kirios posted:

Minshew owns.

They also have a lot of draft picks (that they'll probably gently caress up) from the Ramsey trade.

They're not awful. No shame losing to KC, HOU by one point on the road with a rookie QB, and NO and CAR by a touchdown each (Panthers also on the road). Next week against the Texans will tell us a lot I think.

Gonna get real weird when Foles is ready to play though (and they're saying he's close) and then a strange QB controversy develops. I don't know how you pull this kid at this point no matter how much they're paying Nick. If the trade deadline weren't in 2 days it wouldn't have surprised me to see Foles dangled in front of, say, Chicago just to see how desperate they are. Speaking of that, would the Bears bite on Marriotta? He might fit there since Trubisky is a disaster.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There's no chance they bench Minshew

He's on a rookie deal and performing. Foles is going to get cut or traded after the season

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Duval's on a whole other level right now

https://twitter.com/BenMurphyTV/status/1188498514621411328?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

True. Gotta beat somebody though. If Oakland hangs on today you've got the Colts solidly in 1st and nobody below 500 in a 3 way tie for 2nd place which is just hilarious.

The Texans are running practice squad guys in the secondary at this point thanks to injuries, I'd say Oakland has this

I don't know how much next week is going to tell you about the Jags if no one comes back. Missing the top three CBs on the depth chart, the top safety, and also JJ

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Intruder posted:

I don't know how much next week is going to tell you about the Jags if no one comes back. Missing the top three CBs on the depth chart, the top safety, and also JJ

Well, it'll tell us we're ahead of Houston in the standings. And I don't want to hear poo poo about personnel issues and what not when Jax lost their starting QB in week 1, had their All Pro CB faking an injury to get traded and...I'll just quite right there but look at this poo poo:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/JAC/jacksonville-jaguars/injuries/

Cry me a loving river for the Texans' secondary.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

Well, it'll tell us we're ahead of Houston in the standings. And I don't want to hear poo poo about personnel issues and what not when Jax lost their starting QB in week 1, had their All Pro CB faking an injury to get traded and...I'll just quite right there but look at this poo poo:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/JAC/jacksonville-jaguars/injuries/

Cry me a loving river for the Texans' secondary.

:rolleye: The whole point was that going against a decimated defense doesn't tell you poo poo about the status of your team, you didn't have to get all whiny about it

But hey maybe the Jags run up a bunch of points on the Texans and then you go forward confident your offense can light up any defense

e: lol the Texans win anyway, Deshaun is so good

Intruder fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 28, 2019

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Also: the Colts got called for contact against the long snapper today, but on the Colts' first FG attempt, a Broncos player holds the Long Snapper down so a player could attempt to leap him, that player sorta steps on him, and he almost blocks the FG attempt, which Vinny pushed wide. I'm pretty sure that's really against the rules. Look at 0:36. Walt Anderson is a referee who loves penalties, just not the ones that are actual penalties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAoROw_Mbw&t=36s

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
double-post

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/BigCatCountry/status/1188549987036213248?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Also: the Colts got called for contact against the long snapper today, but on the Colts' first FG attempt, a Broncos player holds the Long Snapper down so a player could attempt to leap him, that player sorta steps on him, and he almost blocks the FG attempt, which Vinny pushed wide. I'm pretty sure that's really against the rules. Look at 0:36. Walt Anderson is a referee who loves penalties, just not the ones that are actual penalties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCAoROw_Mbw&t=36s

Yes it is 100% against the rules

I think even if you don't make contact on the leap and no one is holding him down it's against the rules

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's good to be reminded god hates the Texans a lot, not even a win can come without some poo poo

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

It warms my heart when I see teams with worse fan attendance then the titans.

I really wanted Marcus to be the guy but Tannehill has proven he can be the game manager we need that won’t gently caress it up despite Vrabel trying to actively sabotage us at the end of games. It reminds of early 2000s titans with a solid defense, decent running game and a Qb that can make a play when needed (rip st.air mcnair).

It’s strange feeling hope after all these years.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I gotta tell you "Tannehill is what we needed" isn't a take I expected to see ever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I gotta tell you "Tannehill is what we needed" isn't a take I expected to see ever

Well not from a fan of the team Tannehill was playing for anyway

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tannehill is garbage

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

Tannehill is garbage

I don’t think he’s the long term answer but the offense looks pretty good with him under center. I’m more upset at the OC’s poo poo play calling and Vrabel being a dumbass

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Smith was only kept on because it was supposed to help Mariota with some continuity but he probably has no business being an NFL OC. Also if Tannehill is trash then I hope he keeps playing like it because there's not a chance in hell we score more than 23 points today with Mariota throwing passes out there.

Side note, Logan Ryan's quietly having a near all pro season at the midpoint of the season. What a beast.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Deshaun died in 2017 so the Stros could win the series

JJ died in 2019...

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

fast cars loose anus posted:

:getin:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I don’t think he’s the long term answer but the offense looks pretty good with him under center. I’m more upset at the OC’s poo poo play calling and Vrabel being a dumbass

I liked his all in attitude last year but his game management at the end this year :wtc:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Vrabel knows when it's a good idea to be aggressive on offense but has no idea what to do in those situations. Thankfully his buddy tom Brady will be quarterbacking and running the offense for the titans next season

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
They should have gave JJ the MVP that year he won 4 games simply by himself.

If he didnt win it that year, no defender ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Metapod posted:

Tannehill is garbage

He's the Kerry Collins of 2019.

Change my mind.