Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Tuned in to see Bec Rawlings get kneebarred. Did she ever get any momentum in her career? Because all I ever remember is her stint on TUF and just losing constantly.

She had a decent start and fought for a title in Invicta, and then got a bunch of PR as a domestic abuse survivor and then she managed to gently caress it all up by exposing herself as a stupid bogan chud just before going onto TUF and you know the rest.

The only other thing is that she hosed up a bunch of girls in bare knuckle boxing over the last year or so. Now she has a 7-10 mma record or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Bec Rawlings 3-7 in last 10. 0-5 last 5 in mma. 7-9 overall career.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah thanks for the recap.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

Ah thanks for the recap.

Oh the only other fact that's interesting is that her abusive ex husband is that all-over tattooed guy who Ben '10' Ngyun KOs in all of those "MMA Karma Cocky fighter gets KOed" compillations.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The only noteworthy thing I remember about Bec Rawling is her getting KO'd with a jump kick by Paige Van Zant

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore posted:

Oh the only other fact that's interesting is that her abusive ex husband is that all-over tattooed guy who Ben '10' Ngyun KOs in all of those "MMA Karma Cocky fighter gets KOed" compillations.

This guy?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mekchu posted:

This guy?

Indeed, unless I've been misinformed.

e. I may have been misinformed. I'm trying to figure out what wires I got crossed.

k so the guy from the pic, who I thoguht was Bec Rawlings's ex is Julian Wallace, who was the ex husband of Jessica Rose-Clark, another heavily tattooed bogan strawweight. It's actually quite sad that there are two Aussie MMA couples with that same story.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 26, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu posted:

This guy?

That's the most K-Mart-looking garbage-rear end championship belt I've ever seen.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

That's the most K-Mart-looking garbage-rear end championship belt I've ever seen.

Have you not seen most regional MMA titles? They're straight up premade generic belts that people will buy off websites like this one that was used when a teammate won the 155lb & 170lb title for a org that fed people into early days Bellator.

https://www.titleboxing.com/title-mma-traditional-title-belt

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The only time I've seen MMA titles bestowed was the HEX Fight Series 12 event, where Izzy won the vacant middleweight belt, and Jim Crute defended his lhw belt. Those are pretty decent looking belts.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Didn’t Mir just give up in his last fight? Why am I watching this?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sorry I missed Bec Rawlings and Jessy Jess guys, but I'm here, their only fan! I wish Bec stayed in Bare Knuckle, she destroyed opponents there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nelson has no idea how to check a kick

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Well that could have been much sadder at least?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Crossposting from UFC thread:

quote:

“As long as you don’t go out there and throw fights and you show that you don’t want to be there or make it painful to watch, winning or losing doesn’t really matter in this sport,” he added. “It really doesn’t.

“Hell, Randy Couture was 18-13. If I told you he was coming back right now, everybody would try to sign him.”

“We were at some fights and we were watching two high-level guys,” Mir said. “She looked over at me. One of the guys was in the top ten rankings, right? She looked at me like, ‘Holy sh-t, you’ll be able to fight the rest of your life. This is horrible.’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, these are heavyweights.’

“Heavyweights suck, the majority of us,” he continued. “We’re just not very good fighters. They’re like watching polar bears fighting over some food. Balance isn’t great. No one knows how to do submissions barely. Once you get out of the top ten, you’re really scratching the bottom of the barrel.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Digital Jedi posted:

Well that could have been much sadder at least?

Nice of them to take a 15 second break between exchanges so nobody had a heart attack

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Put this in the OP

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

spb posted:

Put this in the OP

K

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Russia?

Russia.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'd fight either of those guys. Probably kick their rear end.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Always fun to see a fighter try to single leg a ref

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

spb posted:

Put this in the OP

Better fighter than CM Punk https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyUnusualSowGOWSkull

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Is that a 12 year old boy fighting a person with dwarfism??? This is insane and incredible and I love it.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Lotta those shots looked to be illegal in that Baby Slice win.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ccubed posted:

Lotta those shots looked to be illegal in that Baby Slice win.

Usually in a situation like that legal basically means "seems to be aiming around the back of the head". The biggest two shots were clearly legal.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
This fight sucks and is very boring.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Ever since Rory became born again he can't punch people.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Single-digit strike attempts per round

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, remember when Rory knew what combinations were?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
This match is so dull it should count towards Greg Hardy's match per year total.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Neither of them deserve Fiddy's champagne.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Normally the whole "x fighter should retire" thing is based on taking a ton of damage and fears for their health, but Rory just hasn't seemed like his heart is in fighting for a long fuckin' time, now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's because Robbie stole his soul Shang Tsung style.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I came here to ask if anyone else remembered back before Rory discovered Bitcoin Jesus and Andrew Scheer when he didn't totally loving suck poo poo.

Grats to Lima.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
I turned this off midway

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

That fight was better than the Rory Lima fight

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

everyone making fun of the bellator card, but it produced one of my favorite fight endings ever. extremely high level stuff

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we need a supercut of unconscious fighters wrestling refs. it really is the cherry on top of this sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

we need a supercut of unconscious fighters wrestling refs. it really is the cherry on top of this sport.

The best/worst I can recall was Matt Lindland after getting KO'd by Vitor. It seemed to go on for waaaay longer than is normal, and they kept having to cut around it while Vitor was celebrating with his corner. Lindland was just stuck in some kind of weird mental place where he couldn't snap out of it even though like all of the ring docs and cutmen and commission guys were grabbing him and trying to talk to him. The wrestle part of his brain was on autopilot and the rest of him wasn't medically awake. It was basically the Mark Coleman IKEA story in real life. Even Vitor seemed to get kinda concerned after a while.