Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Oh poo poo, the Strike Fighters 2 LP is bleeding through from the true reality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't God some kind of agriculture god or something?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

You know, there've been stock screams in this game before, but holy gently caress, the scene with Hod and Loki was a straight up combo platter of them. Just one after another. I'd ask if nobody thought that was a little over the top, but I guess given the rest of the game, that's the least of its problems.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

TheMcD posted:

You know, there've been stock screams in this game before, but holy gently caress, the scene with Hod and Loki was a straight up combo platter of them. Just one after another. I'd ask if nobody thought that was a little over the top, but I guess given the rest of the game, that's the least of its problems.

Yeah that one was incredibly egregious in both canned screams and explosion effects.
Not to mention Hod's absolute lack of walking animation at one point during that cutscene. That part where he just slid forward.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
... Why is Baldur now wearing armor out of Mass Effect?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

OOF

:geno:

UGHH

:effort:

AHNGH

:geno:

ARGH

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
That is the worst boss fight design I've ever seen. Who thought that repeating the same gimmick fight like, five times in a row was a good idea? Who could possibly think that would be enjoyable?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm entranced by the decision to make the Norns and the World Tree a big dumb computer. It feels like the entire goal was to invent the absolute worst possible user interface for what is supposed to be a database, and then have the database speak in spooky riddles and prophecy.

It's amazing how bad every idea in this game is.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand, true, on the other hand, the UI really wants to "interface" with you :heysexy:

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

On the one hand, true, on the other hand, the UI really wants to "interface" with you :heysexy:

To be fair, them deciding to program the AI for the internet as a hot young girl who is constantly trying to sex you up IS probably the most realistic part of it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

"Did you receive my last e-mail?"

"No, sorry, Heimdal. Computer was horny again."

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
What really annoys me about it is that I can see they're going for a 'three faces of Eve' thing, but completely loving it up, which also makes it pretentious and incompetent at the same time.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gothsheep posted:

To be fair, them deciding to program the AI for the internet as a hot young girl who is constantly trying to sex you up IS probably the most realistic part of it.

Before the Age of Pokemon, one game Game Freak made was Pulseman for the Sega Genesis. You play as the titular Pulseman, who is half-man, half-program because his dad was a programmer that made an AI and then had sex with her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gothsheep posted:

What really annoys me about it is that I can see they're going for a 'three faces of Eve' thing, but completely loving it up, which also makes it pretentious and incompetent at the same time.

Not at all. They are representing the Norns who consist of three female beings with represent the past, the present, and the future.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Before the Age of Pokemon, one game Game Freak made was Pulseman for the Sega Genesis. You play as the titular Pulseman, who is half-man, half-program because his dad was a programmer that made an AI and then had sex with her.

That sounds like a cross of Coolworld and MegaMan NT Warrior.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The chunk-chunk-chunk-chunk gun sounds really familiar to me too. Was it in Faces of War (or Men of War or whichever it was)?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I recognize the sound as well but I can't place it. But I'll say Bren gun or BAR on a whim.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Hunt11 posted:

Not at all. They are representing the Norns who consist of three female beings with represent the past, the present, and the future.

Urd/Wyrd, Verdandi/Verthandi, and Skuld.

Also known in other cultures as The Crone, The Matron/Mother, and the Maiden, they are said to represent Past, Present, And Future, and control the Fates of all living beings, be they gods or mortals.

See also: the Moirai in Greek mythology.

And, to give the atrocious writing of Too Human a smidge of credit, their possible origin in the game fits with their mythological one. The Norns were said to be three female Jotuns (Ice Giants) who tended the roots of The World Tree, and whose arrival signaled the end of the golden age of the gods.

This fits with Too Human's Norns being AI Constructs who are potentially the last remaining non-aggressive machine lifeform left over from the Ymir, and their duties as custodians of the Yggdrasil Computer Network.

Yeah, tenuous at best, but I literally fall asleep thinking about poo poo like this.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

AltaBrown posted:

Yeah, tenuous at best, but I literally fall asleep thinking about poo poo like this.

You must have odd dreams

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

EasilyConfused posted:

You must have odd dreams

Ah, yeah. Yeah, I do.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This is supposed to be some mech sub/tank thing. Why is there so much wasted space?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
So the pressure is going to crush Baldur, but not the sub? How does that work?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

If I had to pick one thing to hate about the Valkyrie animation is the part where she lands and then she freezes completely while her wings retract, just so we can "enjoy" the animation put into it. And then to rub salt in the wound, when she lifts Baldur her wings unfold without any fanfare.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Next mission is the last mission? Man, this game could have done well with some pacing and broken these massive slogs into small bite sized mission. Also, Thor might be the worst.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is hilarious just how pathetic of a fighter he is.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wait, the next mission is the last? But nothing has actually happened.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You should just do the fights at twice the speed, just to hear everyone talking like chipmunks.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Night10194 posted:

:emptyquote:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

SelenicMartian posted:

This looks different. Is this level turning into a sewer?
This whole game is a sewer.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
This game is subsequently padded to the nines and short as poo poo. How did they manage to fail making a game that hard by making it too long and too short?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
It'll be interesting to see how they tie up the plot considering I wasn't aware the plot had even started.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The plot is kind of the fifth player in co-op, metaphorically speaking.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure if we want to see where the plot goes all we gotta do is help kickstarter '2 Human' and 'Try Human' to finish the trilogy.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

It'll be interesting to see how they tie up the plot considering I wasn't aware the plot had even started.
This was supposed to be the first game of a trilogy, so it won't tie the plot up.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Wow... :psyduck: I can't believe how much of this game my brain just blocked off because it was terrible. Which was all of it. I actually had some fond memories and you have destroyed all of those.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, there's been a lot of plot points but they've all either just reiterated stuff we know from Norse mythology or barely tie into anything else. The only real set of events that line up is Thor and Loki's relationship, which only really serves to show what an idiot Thor is.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Keldulas posted:

This game is subsequently padded to the nines and short as poo poo. How did they manage to fail making a game that hard by making it too long and too short?

Nail on the head here

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Keldulas posted:

Sounds like a riddle.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

Something to keep in mind with Too Human is that it was originally planned to release on the PlayStation 1 in 1999, then the GameCube, before it ended up releasing on the 360 9 years later. When they switched to the 360 It was supposed to be a trilogy.

As for Eternal Darkness, it was a good game but they also signed a exclusivity deal with Nintendo at the time who probably kept them on track. Then they ended that contract, let Too Human be a Microsoft exclusive in the early Xbox days and this is what we got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really don’t know how you can stand to play this game. It’s a trash fire and looks so awful to play.