Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

torgeaux posted:

So, the ball went through the defensive players hands (after the receiver grabbed his hand) and then to the receiver, but the d player did not have better position. Got it.

Having a better position doesn't mean that it was OPI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Stop 👏
Debating 👏
Mcmagic 👏
Earnestly 👏

Heh. I'm literally not allowed to have an opinion that is different from yours.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

OPI and DPI are not the same thing. The rules are not the same. And Howard wasn't the receiver there. If he was he would've had better positioning to make the play on the ball because he never broke stride.

Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to:

Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;

Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;

Grabbing an opponent’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass;

Extending an arm across the body of an opponent, thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, and regardless of whether the player committing such act is playing the ball;

Cutting off the path of an opponent by making contact with him, without playing the ball;

Hooking an opponent in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the opponent’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving; or

Initiating contact with an opponent by shoving or pushing off, thus creating separation.
Note: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.

ARTICLE 3. PERMISSIBLE ACTS BY BOTH TEAMS WHILE THE BALL IS IN THE AIR

Acts that are permissible by a player include, but are not limited to:

Incidental contact by an opponent’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players, except as specified in 8-3-2 and 8-5-4 pertaining to blocking downfield by the offense.

Laying a hand on an opponent that does not restrict him in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

Contact by a player who has gained position on an opponent in an attempt to catch the ball.

Notes:

When the ball is in the air, eligible offensive and defensive receivers have the same right to the path of the ball and are subject to the same restrictions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Laying a hand on an opponent that does not restrict him in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

loss: secured

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

He did restrict him. But, it's subjective, so we know you wouldn't have called that.

But note, the rules are the same for O and D PI. Had that been the defensive back doing that to a wide out, it would get called 9 times out of 10.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Booooooo

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

loss: secured

Yeah, baby. And Minkah is a hell of a playmaker in the right position.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
For a second I really thought Miami was gonna dominate this game. Good thing they haven’t.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

CubanMissile posted:

For a second I really thought Miami was gonna dominate this game. Good thing they haven’t.

Why would you think that? Pittsburgh is bad, but c'mon, they're not that bad. I figured the fins could squeak out a win with that particular QB, but that's it.

With Howard out, it may be a blowout the other way.

torgeaux fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 29, 2019

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fitz is trying so loving hard for a team that wants to lose. It's kinda sad.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Fitz is trying so loving hard for a team that wants to lose. It's kinda sad.

He's a player to love. I wish he could play every game like his great ones, but he'll put up a stinker about 50 percent of the time.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

torgeaux posted:

Why would you think that?

A lifetime of watching the Dolphins do the wrong thing.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

CubanMissile posted:

A lifetime of watching the Dolphins do the wrong thing.

You got me there. Well played.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Lol hammering my point

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
This is the dolphins team we all expected tonight.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Once X goes out the secondary is practice squad level

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah, i have to believe that’s why they’re trying to load up on 2021 picks as well. It’s looking like a very very strong secondary draft and we Uh need like 3 starters

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Congrats Dolphins fans.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The MNF broadcast crew must have taken it as a personal challenge to make this game seem remotely competitive. Booger spent SO MUCH time talking about how Fitz is amazing and exactly what this team needs (which is kind of true, just in the opposite way that he meant it). Flores is going to be the next Belichick, just look at this graphic that shows Tom Landry and other HoF coaches losing a few games to start their careers. It was a sight to behold.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

Congrats Dolphins fans.

we're #1!

nah
Mar 16, 2009

mcmagic posted:

That's right, you aren't. Officers...arrest this man for thought crimes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

nah posted:

That's right, you aren't. Officers...arrest this man for thought crimes

McTrump can turn any criticism (or evidence of comments made in the past) into a personal insult

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm real worried about this Jets game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Should I play darnold or Fitzpatrick in fantasy

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Ehud posted:

You saw the after timeout play right before halftime.

No need to worry.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

the local dunkin' donuts has a stack of coupons for 35% off for the jets-dolphins game and man, i think that's a little over one third of the discount you'll need to fill those seats

though if it was easy to get to it might be fun to get drunk and heckle the toilet bowl but gently caress getting out to meadowlands for that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Metapod posted:

Should I play darnold or Fitzpatrick in fantasy

god dang are you in a 24 team league or something

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The jets and bengals are our major threat.

Pittsburgh will finish 6-10

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Redskins might not win another game either. Certainly not more than 2 or 3 total.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We need to lose once to the Jets and then lose against the bengals and we should be okay.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The nice thing about Burrow’s emergence is that even if they get the #2 pick it’s not the end of the world.

Dolphins football 2019 ya’ll!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don’t know what Miami does if they end up with 3 or 4. Grab Chase Young hopefully

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 29, 2019

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

The nice thing about Burrow’s emergence is that even if they get the #2 pick it’s not the end of the world.

Dolphins football 2019 ya’ll!

Not convinced that Burrow is worth the pain of this season in the way that Tua is.

Redskins aren't a threat, we're not winning two games. Jets I think we'll sneak tank our way to at worst splitting the series with them. Bungles are a serious concern.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Not convinced that Burrow is worth the pain of this season in the way that Tua is.

Redskins aren't a threat, we're not winning two games. Jets I think we'll sneak tank our way to at worst splitting the series with them. Bungles are a serious concern.

Have you watched Burrow much this season?

When I watched him dismantle Florida I started questioning who we should draft.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Have you watched Burrow much this season?

When I watched him dismantle Florida I started questioning who we should draft.

My poor, stupid, prodigal son

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

My poor, stupid, prodigal son

i feel lost

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

i feel lost

Tua practices tommorow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

god dang are you in a 24 team league or something

Dynasty league with super flex and I've had some horrible qb luck over the years