Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I haven't played one of these since... Modern Warfare. Is this game good? Any problems in Aus/Pacific servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Does this game still only give away new weapons through loot boxes?

Is ground war still a cluster gently caress where only a few perks are viable?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So the challenges are totally broken right? I did one that was part of a mission, then I thought maybe the dailies had to be done sequentially as well. So I went and got the second domination win I needed to see if I could start doing AR headshots, but that didn't count either. And it was a last second comeback

No there are no lootboxes. I haven't tried GW yet.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Price's expressions during some of the cutscenes are great.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was looking forward to using the thermal scope and smoke grenades. Finally unlocked the scope and... it’s complete trash. Just useless. 😞

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

codo27 posted:

Whats the clan tag everyone is going with?

I just went with the good ol’ LLJK.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RCarr posted:

I was looking forward to using the thermal scope and smoke grenades. Finally unlocked the scope and... it’s complete trash. Just useless. 😞

I have a dedicated LMG with the 3.25x NVG scope. It kicks rear end, especially in the cave, or covering windows at a distance.
Setting up shop in the red and black store opposite the scaffold overlooking B on Picadilly is basically cheating.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Nice, the update added filtering options to remove 10v10 TDM and dom from the rotation.

Edit:

Remove Piccadilly though good lord

Beeb fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 29, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Some guy was absolutely laying waste with that lever action marksmen rifle the yesterday, so I excitedly made a loadout with it and...it's loving impossible to use? I couldn't get a single goddamn kill with it. This dude was using it like a drat shotgun I thought it was gonna be so cool.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veni veni veni posted:

Some guy was absolutely laying waste with that lever action marksmen rifle the yesterday, so I excitedly made a loadout with it and...it's loving impossible to use? I couldn't get a single goddamn kill with it. This dude was using it like a drat shotgun I thought it was gonna be so cool.

There's a break action shotgun that is pretty killer

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Got my first punch kill and first throwing knife kill in the same match, then I lost connection to bnet before the last round. Oh well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdlk-WBMHpY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh416N6sOSk

edit: what's the best way to upload and embed short clips like these anyway?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 29, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

There's a break action shotgun that is pretty killer

Yeah I've been using the beta version is owns. I wanna be good with the cowboy gun though.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Black Griffon posted:

I feel like this is universal to all multiplayer FPS games, but I don't think I'll ever figure out sniping. I mostly care because I'd love to just level up weapons for the hell of it and get dailies done, but everything about it just seems so counterintuitive to any game mode, which I guess it probably is.
I am also a terrible sniper, go play some ground war and get on a high spot. Lots of people running around to practice on. Since I'll never willingly snipe in regular MP I'm using it to level up the guns.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The matchmaker is absolutely horrid. We played for a few hours tonight with a 4-5 stack and rarely if ever did the game give us a full party. We basically played the entire night spotting the enemy team a guy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

The matchmaker is absolutely horrid. We played for a few hours tonight with a 4-5 stack and rarely if ever did the game give us a full party. We basically played the entire night spotting the enemy team a guy.

tbh that seems like an appropriate way to balance out a 4-5 stack

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

codo27 posted:

No there are no lootboxes. I haven't tried GW yet.

Explain. I remember this being a big deal before.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Fallom posted:

tbh that seems like an appropriate way to balance out a 4-5 stack

A SINGLE person is a very large advantage in non tdm lobbies. Two is almost insurmountable. This game has SBMM and could easily pair it with someone.

However you're probably right, everything about this game is bad and poorly executed so lobbies never filling make sense.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Supply-Drops

Uh this sounds like poo poo is locked behind this supply drop mechanic.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Skyarb posted:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Supply-Drops

That’s for Advanced Warfare.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Skyarb posted:

That's a different game. Advanced Warfare not Modern Warfare

Edit: welp.

Also, this game will 100% have lootbox poo poo. It's just not in there yet.

Flooger fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 29, 2019

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Skyarb posted:

Ha

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

faantastic posted:

A SINGLE person is a very large advantage in non tdm lobbies. Two is almost insurmountable. This game has SBMM and could easily pair it with someone.

However you're probably right, everything about this game is bad and poorly executed so lobbies never filling make sense.

You seem to play a lot of this game for hating it so much.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The user score for this game on metacritic has hundreds and hundreds of 0 out of 10 reviews whose only criticism is the games portrayal of Russians.

Don't worry I'm sure all those reviews were totally sincere and legitimate and definitely written by not-Russians who are absolutely not themselves part of the Russian propaganda machine that's been taking over the internet over the past few years.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

faantastic posted:

Probably need at least three extra players to balance against a 5-stack, really.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skyarb posted:

Explain. I remember this being a big deal before.

You just unlock by leveling up, like old CoD.

At some point they’re adding Fortnite battle passes. They’re not in yet.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Krazyface posted:

I haven't played one of these since... Modern Warfare. Is this game good?

multiplayer is really fun once you get into the swing of things.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

You seem to play a lot of this game for hating it so much.

I've been hoping that would change after more time played but it's only reinforced my thoughts on this COD.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.gyazo.com/7fdabccf9acc6612f40b6b17f38a2dc5.mp4

A shield.
2 molotovs.
A rocket launcher.
And a dream.

https://i.gyazo.com/fa518c13f6cf5f22a4637bf5919f7d15.mp4

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 29, 2019

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Was there a large outcry when MW3 showed Russian army main elements literally executing European civvies in the streets of Paris or whatever as opposed to a vaguely rebellious general executing middle easterners in a fictional country? Neither one is a great portrayal, but I don’t remember people caring so much before.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

drkeiscool posted:

Was there a large outcry when MW3 showed Russian army main elements literally executing European civvies in the streets of Paris or whatever as opposed to a vaguely rebellious general executing middle easterners in a fictional country? Neither one is a great portrayal, but I don’t remember people caring so much before.

Its more that they cite a real atrocity that happened, but while in reality it was committed by Americans this game says it was committed by Russians.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drkeiscool posted:

No. Because that came out before people felt the need to be outraged by everything. It's just the dumb bullshit of the week that everyone will forget about when Death Stranding ends up having a boob in it or whatever.

Not that I'm even gonna defend it, because it was a pretty sloppy portrayal, but at the end of the day it's a fictional, dumb action game.

I do think it's funny that depending on where you look, it's either left wing propaganda or right wing propaganda. The internet is just full of idiots that take entertainment way too seriously and want to be mad about everything.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 29, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
There doesn't feel like there's a reason to use anything other than an AR or Shotgun right now.

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

So...the patch that came out today was supposed to be across all platforms and bring the game to 1.05. Why is Battle.net still showing my game as version 1.04? I know I downloaded something for the game this morning.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Unlocking kreuger (25 executions) was a pain in the rear end

Knife kills aren’t hard but executions are a different story

Best advice I can give is waiting for enemies to run past your hiding spot in a high traffic area

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Skyarb posted:

Its more that they cite a real atrocity that happened, but while in reality it was committed by Americans this game says it was committed by Russians.

So maybe I’m wrong, but having played the game, I got the impression that the line isn’t referring to the thing that happened in the First Gulf War. It was referring to a fictional event that happened during a fictional war in this fictional country, and something that had actually happened fairly recently. Like, the writing is awful, and clearly needed another go in the editor’s room, but it’s weird that a game in 2019 would reference an event that’s relatively obscure to the 18-24 demographic.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

rap music posted:

Unlocking kreuger (25 executions) was a pain in the rear end

Knife kills aren’t hard but executions are a different story

Best advice I can give is waiting for enemies to run past your hiding spot in a high traffic area

And hope your character doesn't shout CONTACT at the top of their lungs :argh:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve had my character see enemies before i do a few times

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Total? That happens to me like 5 times a game lol.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

A few times? How about all the time, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The worst is when your character screams out "I'M RELOADING I CAN'T SHOOT YOU RIGHT NOW PLEASE COME AND SHOOT ME" or "I'M PLANTING A CLAYMORE DON'T COME IN THE ROOM SO I CAN USE MY CLAYMORE!"

The callouts seem about 90% there to hinder you. Although the location based ones are super useful. I wish there was just a button for it instead of your character screaming random poo poo without your input.