Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I have no idea how it holds up but as a kid The Storyteller was the poo poo. Oh, you're gonna start telling stories of mythology and demons and poo poo with Jim Henson puppets? Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Timeless Appeal posted:

There's just so much going on with Audrey II. I think it's rare to find monsters who hold up to close inspection, but Audrey II is just fun to look at. Its mouth in particular is a work of art.

I haven't seen any of this movie since the 80's and uh holy poo poo.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Short Night of Glass Dolls absolutely rules.

One of the best gialli I've seen that isn't made by Fulci or Argento.

An American reporter is found dead in a square in Prague. As he is brought to the morgue he realises he is still fully conscious and tries to remember the labrynthian chain of events that cost him his life.

Oozing athmosphere and mystique with some fantastic visuals and a score by Morricone.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

STAC Goat posted:

Man, I have no idea how it holds up but as a kid The Storyteller was the poo poo. Oh, you're gonna start telling stories of mythology and demons and poo poo with Jim Henson puppets? Yes please.

It’s charming and awesome. Some stories are better than others, obviously. There’s a Greek Myths “sequel” too.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i was 5 years old when this took place

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

im gonna check out noroi but are there any other really good asian horrors people can recommend?
we've seen a lotta horrors in this household but not many of them and it seems like an untapped market. particularly recent good ones but old movies are fine too.

Audition. You won’t do any better than that.

Apropos of nothing, I’m just enjoying a Halloween week viewing of Creepshow.

Its Father’s Day and I WANT MY CAKE

I can hold my breath for a LOOOOOOOONG TIIIME

Just tell it to call you Billie!

I’m a bit bummed that it ends with the roach segment, it’s pretty meh. But I love me some Creepshow.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I like the roach segment. It gives the heebie jeebies, like every time I feel air on my skin I’m convinced it’s a bug

My favorite segment will always be the Leslie Nielsen / Ted Danson one

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Apropos of nothing, I came across a standalone upload of Father's Day from Holidays, released by the photographers. Please watch it, I love this short.

https://vimeo.com/136944197

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That Holidays anthology mostly kind of sucked but that one segment just kind of blew me away about how much it sucked me in and had me when the rest of the movie was just barely holding my attention.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

STAC Goat posted:

That anthology mostly kind of sucked but that one segment just kind of blew me away about how much it sucked me in and had me when the rest of the movie was just barely holding my attention.

this whole post is yup as gently caress for me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rewatching it is good enough that tomorrow night I'm thinking of rewatched House of the Devil (which the actress stars in) and giving Our House a watch (which is done by the same director).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

david_a posted:

From what I’ve read they filmed the puppet in slow motion which is why it looks so smooth. The actors in the scenes had to do everything at half speed too.

The logistics of figuring all that out must have been a total bitch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy loving poo poo Zombie's Halloween II is a great motherfucking movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

I haven't seen any of this movie since the 80's and uh holy poo poo.

It's incredible. Rewatch it once just to enjoy one of the greatest horror movies of all time, then watch it again to keep an eye out for all of the actors moving in super slow-motion so they can speed the puppet up in post.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It always blows my mind a bit that Jocelin Donahue didn’t become a bigger star after House of the Devil. She’s good and has a great look, like a 2000s Jessica Harper.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

I have it ranked as the #1 horror film of the 2000s.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Basebf555 posted:

I have it ranked as the #1 horror film of the 2000s.

Between statements like this and love for Phantom of the Paradise, it’s become pretty clear this thread and I have seriously diverged on horror. Like I’m RPatts and y’all are Willem Dafoe and i didn’t like your lobster.

That’s ok though, you’re all decent enough fellows.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

STAC Goat posted:

:emptyquote:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

weekly font posted:

Between statements like this and love for Phantom of the Paradise, it’s become pretty clear this thread and I have seriously diverged on horror. Like I’m RPatts and y’all are Willem Dafoe and i didn’t like your lobster.

That’s ok though, you’re all decent enough fellows.

As long as you like From Beyond you're cool with me.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Basebf555 posted:

As long as you like From Beyond you're cool with me.

I was just thinking how due for a rewatch I am on that.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

SOMEBODY PLEASE WELCOME STAC GOAT TO THE OFFICIAL ANTI-POSER SQUAD

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There isn’t enough Big Joe Grizzly in Halloween 2. We should have gotten a lengthy flashback to Big Joe Grizzly’s trucking days, like 90 minutes of flashback that ends with him going to take a poo poo

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blast Fantasto posted:

There isn’t enough Big Joe Grizzly in Halloween 2. We should have gotten a lengthy flashback to Big Joe Grizzly’s trucking days, like 90 minutes of flashback that ends with him going to take a poo poo

Sounds like prequel material to me.

I'm actually getting a good laugh out of thinking about that. A full feature length film of Joe Grizzly going about his business, doing trucker things, then in the last 5 minutes he just gets annihilated by Michael Myers who doesn't even appear in the movie at all up to that point.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

:emptyquote:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

SOMEBODY PLEASE WELCOME STAC GOAT TO THE OFFICIAL ANTI-POSER SQUAD

Member list:
- Me, obviously
- Kvlt! most days
- I guess STAC Goat now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
only posers are concerned about who is and is not a poser.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

only posers are concerned about who is and is not a poser.

is something a POSER WOULD SAY

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

Member list:
- Me, obviously
- Kvlt! most days
- I guess STAC Goat now

I was the original non-poser.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

I was the original non-poser.

Ok you can be in the club too

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Night of the Living Posers (Dir. Mike Flanagan, produced by James Wan)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm going to stay up late and watch two movies on Halloween night (I'm thinking Society and Halloween III). I'm also thinking of pre-gaming with something a little offbeat, maybe a campy TV halloween special, trick-or-treating safety videos, a halloween-themed episode of a TV show from my youth, etc. Something that really captures the spirit of Halloween night. Any suggestions?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

feedmyleg posted:

I'm going to stay up late and watch two movies on Halloween night (I'm thinking Society and Halloween III). I'm also thinking of pre-gaming with something a little offbeat, maybe a campy TV halloween special, trick-or-treating safety videos, a halloween-themed episode of a TV show from my youth, etc. Something that really captures the spirit of Halloween night. Any suggestions?

Maybe a few episodes of Are you Afraid of the Dark? Or the first few seasons of Simpsons Treehouse horror episodes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The Gooey Gus episodes of Ghostwriter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is it worth it to watch the TV edit of Halloween 2 that's On Demand? Otherwise I probably ain't watching it this season.

Rob Zombie Owns gently caress the posers

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Zeke the plumber episode of Salute Your Shorts

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

feedmyleg posted:

I'm going to watch the WNUF Halloween Special which I'm hoping will fulfill a similar need.

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

NienNunb posted:

Is it worth it to watch the TV edit of Halloween 2 that's On Demand? Otherwise I probably ain't watching it this season.

Rob Zombie Owns gently caress the posers

Which Halloween 2? If it's the Zombie one then no way, Director's Cut is the only one worth watching. If it's the original 2 then sure, I guess? I wouldn't want to watch a TV edit of anything personally, but you do you.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I watched the first Resident Evil movie last night and thought it was dumb but fun. Are any of the sequels worthwhile?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

gey muckle mowser posted:

I watched the first Resident Evil movie last night and thought it was dumb but fun. Are any of the sequels worthwhile?

If you liked the first one, you will enjoy the sequels. I think the one in the prison(?) is the weakest, but even that has dual shotguns and a great slow mo shower fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm going to watch the WNUF Halloween Special which I'm hoping will fulfill a similar need.

Where the heck did you find it? It seems to only be available on DVD.