Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The one that honestly bugs me most is just the enemy callout because I’ll have not seen the enemy and it gets you for a second stressed and look around a bit. Sometimes it’s one that ran across your line of sight at distance too.

The shotguns might honestly be too good. Firing time feels super fast. Maps that have indoor elements they’re godlike. The one two shot break reload shotgun is so fun. On ground war the map with the tall buildings I seriously staked out the stairwell and got so many kills. You’ll almost always win if you’re quick because they’ll generally have to aim down sight with any guns and the shotguns can just hip fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

How do I access the spec ops mode on the PS4?

orly
Oct 2, 2005

Skyarb posted:

Its more that they cite a real atrocity that happened, but while in reality it was committed by Americans this game says it was committed by Russians.

yeah this. it was pretty surprising (in a bad way). they kind of piled on russia throughout the campaign then went 'meh that was a rogue dude its alright'

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Constellation I posted:

A few times? How about all the time, friend.

Seriously, it's this and it often gives away my position.

And sometimes it's just so loving far away that it doesn't loving matter and then you panic for a second thinking that it's close by and leave yourself exposed to be killed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I was hidden from a guy tonight, my character calls out ENEMY, guy spins on his heels and sprays in my direction for the kill.

This poo poo wasn't necessary.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The callout you do when an enemy has been spotted is very helpful to me, cause I never see it myself.

Also, when I get [SPOTTED] because of a UAV I just stay put in a corner and let the enemy come to my visible marker and I get some easy kills. It's very helpful that one, you can use that in your advantage.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the callout thing is perhaps one of the single most stupid loving design decisions ive seen in a video game

~* ~* elaborately decides between the appropriate stealth perks and build ~* ~*
~ * ~ * kindly announces presence to all enemies ~* ~*

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mercedes posted:

How do I access the spec ops mode on the PS4?

Co-op from the main menu but I wouldn’t recommend it

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I don't know what magic they spun but the game looks actually incredible. It feels like the first cod where you can't immediately tell it's the quake engine in a fancy dress.

This campaign mission sure likes to quit to desktop with no message though!

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 29, 2019

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I haven't had much luck playing with goons yet. I've had like 2 guys, one of which who's voice garbles or cuts off every time he speaks, and another who kept ctd last night. Discord seems very quiet compared to apex right above it. What gives?
(codo#1395)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i am a goon and also enjoy playing with goons but im like level 58 and have not yet played with a goon

psn: juicydump

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Call outs should be mapped to a button, cause yeah, there's no point in running a stealth build when your dude just starts screaming as you're trying to get the jump on someone.

There has been so much camping in TDM lately. Just entire teams held up in one building watching every angle. It's really boring, and probably adds to my frustration about shotguns.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shout out to Monostat and babe, and the other goons we played with last night. That poo poo was FUN

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Astrochicken posted:

multiplayer is really fun once you get into the swing of things.

Multiplayer came much easier to me in this than in the last several.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has IW addressed any sort of changes to Spec Ops? I really want to love that mode but I think it desperately needs an easier difficulty and a big bump to weapon XP gain. Like, this should be the perfect mode for leveling weird weapons you aren’t sure about but the XP it gives is such crap.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Anyone else see the glitch where equipping charms on your gun basically doubles your hipfire bloom? It’s sad because I just earned my first charm last night and now I have to take it off all my loadouts.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

V for Vegans posted:

Anyone else see the glitch where equipping charms on your gun basically doubles your hipfire bloom? It’s sad because I just earned my first charm last night and now I have to take it off all my loadouts.

Yeah I just saw that today. loving insane how nobody noticed that.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

veni veni veni posted:

Has IW addressed any sort of changes to Spec Ops? I really want to love that mode but I think it desperately needs an easier difficulty and a big bump to weapon XP gain. Like, this should be the perfect mode for leveling weird weapons you aren’t sure about but the XP it gives is such crap.

This is all I want from this game honestly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
C4 needs to explode faster and the riot shield needs to be able to bash out slightly farther.

Otherwise, i'm having a blast with my shield/flash/C4 combo with the explosives lessening perk, restock, and the tactical lessening perk.

Still die a lot but I generally complain less about it than normal, especially in Dom games since I'm just playing point capturerer. Also I think I need to turn up my sensitivity when running the shield since I sometimes feel a hair slow when I'm getting flanked. I also need to either get better with the pistol or remember to pick up a weapon.

But man is it ever fun to solo cap a point while under heavy fire, even if I die seconds after it happens.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Shout out to Monostat and babe, and the other goons we played with last night. That poo poo was FUN

twas a good time, ya'll think they'll ever add a bare bones mode, like realism but without the kill streak cheese?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
there's no way that charms reducing hip fire aim is working as intended right????

RIGHT???

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Honestly, if they spin this as “show your style, but at a cost” I would 100% support that and you would see streamers all over posting videos about trying to get a nuke with every charm equipped.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TMMadman posted:

But man is it ever fun to solo cap a point while under heavy fire, even if I die seconds after it happens.

The best matches are those were everybody goes for the domination points. I had a match like that earlier today on petrograd and it was total and absolute chaos but in a really good and fun way. This game really shine when people are doing what they are supposed to do, instead of working on their KD ratios. I wish that IW would increase the points for doing objectives, maybe double them, so that people actually would have more of an incentive to play them properly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

V for Vegans posted:

Then I'm going to stop hipfiring because you can take my pizza slice away from my cold, dead hands.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

GyverMac posted:

The best matches are those were everybody goes for the domination points. I had a match like that earlier today on petrograd and it was total and absolute chaos but in a really good and fun way. This game really shine when people are doing what they are supposed to do, instead of working on their KD ratios. I wish that IW would increase the points for doing objectives, maybe double them, so that people actually would have more of an incentive to play them properly.

I fully believe that you could increase the points by 500% and people would still huddle up in an Urziki Radio Shack like the world's most passive and misguided flash mob.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Im having fun with the game but objective modes are the only way to play. TDM and FFA are useless gamemodes right now they feel totally awful everyone camps.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

If you want to play TDM, play realistic. You can still get steamrolled and hosed over, but playing as a quick, constantly moving ninja is far easier when most of the HUD related tools are gone.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

codo27 posted:

Whats the clan tag everyone is going with?

[GAEBO]

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

If you want to play TDM, play realistic. You can still get steamrolled and hosed over, but playing as a quick, constantly moving ninja is far easier when most of the HUD related tools are gone.

Everyone seems to be hesitant to play realism because their first reaction is “no way I hate hardcore” but then they play it and realize it’s nothing like hardcore. It’s basically just a slightly slower TDM where you get slammed by Killstreaks way less.

It also makes the killstreaks you do get feel a lot more valuable. Like a UAV is a game changer for that brief period. Its great and everyone should try it.

Also Cyber Attack absolutely owns and needs more love.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Also Cyber Attack absolutely owns and needs more love.

Cyber attack would be way better if it didn’t have so many rounds to a game. That’s the main reason I never play it, it’s basically over by the third or fourth round but it just. Keeps. Going.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

realism good

They really shoulda called it cyber strike just so it could be abbreviated CS

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
"Watch our new 6v6 e-sport on a map designed for 10v10 Dom games!"

Also, the rounds are too long; they shouldn't be more than 3 minutes each.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 29, 2019

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

They are max three minutes though.
Edit: I'm at work, if I'm wrong I'll blame it on the Russians

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I literally had an enemy running up the stairs stop as I yelled PLANTING CLAYMORE and threw a stun grenade then strolled right in an bapped me.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Discovered last night that if Dead Silence is active your character won't say a word for the duration.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

Discovered last night that if Dead Silence is active your character won't say a word for the duration.

Dead Silence has been my go to field item since I got it. It's so good.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Dead silence makes you a little bit faster.
But that's about it, near as i can tell. Footsteps still audible

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

If anyone else is a dumb idiot like me; there's a small, white dot on the right side of your screen that indicates whether or not your field item is ready on realism.

Also, Gunfight could do with less rounds also.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The added speed alone makes Dead Silence worth it to me. It makes running more fun.

e: from the latest patchnotes :
3rd person footsteps are now silent while the Dead Silence Field Upgrade is active

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
some friends and I were playing hardcore and it seems like there are no call outs in that mode.