Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

John F Bennett posted:

The added speed alone makes Dead Silence worth it to me. It makes running more fun.

e: from the latest patchnotes :
3rd person footsteps are now silent while the Dead Silence Field Upgrade is active

Hmm...

Yeah, I've been thinking might be a good add to my knife build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i tried the pro upgrade thing with dead silence and tac flares but it seems like they take way longer to recharge :(

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Looks like the charm thing is a bug

https://twitter.com/ashtonisVULCAN/status/1189231802386440201?s=20

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I wasn't intending to ever get rid of my pizza slice anyway, fixed or not.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

https://youtu.be/XHh_l7yTDss?t=2456

Should start at 42 minutes. I accidentally become invincible after my gunship runs out and that's the only reason we actually completed a Spec Ops mission, for no reward.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gunfight needs to get rid of the nameplates and it would be vastly improved.

Also it has taught me that clamping on to walls is generally a bad idea - the difference between what you see vs what enemies see is drastic, and some walls/objects are especially prone to this - where instead of just peeking your head and gun around, from the enemy view, you've shoved more than half your body into the open.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Agreed on both points. Mounting just seems to mount your head on a target more than anything else.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

My pizza slice has been on all my guns and I lived with the hipfire penalty without even realizing it. It’s that worth it. :colbert:

Anyway, I played with Caf and another goon last night for a while and that was alright. More of you guys need to respond to pings in the discord!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Dead silence makes you a little bit faster.
But that's about it, near as i can tell. Footsteps still audible

from some vids i saw they actually proper buffed it in the last patch

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What's the verdict on the campaign? I don't care for multiplayer but I like a fun single player campaign for a redbox rental

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don’t remember being able to edit your loadouts midgame like you can now. That’s probably the biggest quality of life upgrade MP can have.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

blue squares posted:

What's the verdict on the campaign? I don't care for multiplayer but I like a fun single player campaign for a redbox rental

I watched a few YouTube videos and liked what I saw. I am excited for MP though, ground war looks like a ton of fun.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

blue squares posted:

It's a CoD campaign. Lots of big ol' setpieces. I'm enjoying it so far, they at least are good about mixing up the big moments, like when you have to use starlight rounds from a mortar to light up a field to find the guys who are coming for you.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

blue squares posted:

It’s pretty cool, but also very very strangely like, wow Russians are awful people and all they do is commit war crimes, when one of the major war crimes is actually based on an American war crime that no one cares about.

I played through on the highest difficulty which isn’t the best because it basically just turns into a constant respawn fest until you memorize exactly where to place your reticle for each room or which enemies to shoot in the correct order that you don’t get shot in the back while your squad watches doing nothing. Also the last level has an awful enemy who has an easy cheese to defeat, so just YouTube that when you get there to avoid breaking a controller, you’ll know when you’re there.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I finished the campaign today and the crashing seems to have almost disappeared after I updated to the latest latest nvidia drivers. Was kind of frustrating on realism though, if only for the completely bullshit AI that will literally run past your AI squad just to gun you down behind cover because you had to hit prone to heal after you got almost instantly killed for trying to aim for half a second. Do you get anything for A ranking all of the missions?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Campaign good. Also awful because it's still too America hoorah, but extremely pretty with really cool set pieces and a genuine feeling of pressure and panic. Also, it's basically a Conservative Dad simulator because you play Benghazi and the Osama compound raid. Loving it so far, and hating it a little bit, but not enough to stop me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, the story isn't sitting well with everyone and it's not good even outside of the controversy. But the game itself is amazing to play and is the most fun I've had with a COD Campaign. The scenarios and setpieces and general atmosphere are fantastic. I also thought it was paced really well and was super entertaining.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm as "gently caress American Imperialism" as anybody but I can put it aside to play shooty mans for a weekend. Thanks for the reviews

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I cannot believe this game's size. Absolute unit. Between downloading BFV and MW this month plus Netflix/Spotify/all that garbage, I should be dangerously close to my "only 1% of users hit this!!!!" 1TB data cap through Xfinity.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welcome to the 1%

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you imagine being one of the 5 people that bought it on disc with no internet, thinking they could just play the campaign? Sorry dude you are still about 90 gigs short even after that Blu Ray install.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah I just picked it up at redbox and now i'm waiting while 30 minutes more data downloads. I don't think I have a data cap but if I do this month I'm gonna hit it ( digitally bought witcher 3, outer worlds, lots of netflix)

argh and of course there's another 40 GB version 1.05 download after that

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 29, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, the story isn't sitting well with everyone and it's not good even outside of the controversy. But the game itself is amazing to play and is the most fun I've had with a COD Campaign. The scenarios and setpieces and general atmosphere are fantastic. I also thought it was paced really well and was super entertaining.

yeah. its weird because outside the dumb "american/nato gently caress yeah" its honestly the most grounded you can get with a COD campaign. yeah most of the stuff is ripped and changed from the headlines and than made bigger but all of the various characters feel "real" enough outside far cry 3 CIA man. even barkov and "the butcher" feel sorta believable. i do likethey kinda portray Washington and the Kremlin as uncaring giant super powers that constantly sacrifice pawns for various bullshit purposes and will toss their pawns when their uses are up. i feel like their big gently caress up was calling the road the "highway of death/Tariq Almawt, because that was dumb as gently caress. i get what they were trying to do but its dumb. also i kinda like the grey horribleness. like i can understand why SAS man gets mad because some Not ISIS pull a loving bataclan in london.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But seriously, I just want to be able to explode C4 immediately after throwing it and I don't care if it's only a foot away from me. Blow it up so that I can get my kill and die at the same time.

Also, let me throw it farther for fucks sake.

But seriously, I am glad that airbursts are back baby.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

V for Vegans posted:

It’s pretty cool, but also very very strangely like, wow Russians are awful people and all they do is commit war crimes, when one of the major war crimes is actually based on an American war crime that no one cares about.

yeah. i feel like no one would have cared about that if they hadnt explictly called it Tariq Almawt/high way of death. and honestly with the poo poo i have read about russian actions in Syria/Chechnya/Ukraine/Georgia, i am sorta shocked they didnt go way more dark and shock value with russian war crimes.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is this game as bad as BLOPS4 when it comes to install/update space needed on the PS4?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
FYI to other people having crashes on PC: allegedly NVIDIA released new drivers today and it fixes the crash issues. I'm gonna give it a test when I get home in an hour.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’m I think level 30 now. What’s everyone’s favorite guns and load outs right now? Really loving how the shotguns feel. I honestly think the rifles all feel good. Would love to hear if I should try something now before it gets nerfed though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I just love the fact they they've included the slavest slav whomst've ever squatted as a multiplayer character, guys

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ps4 Krew up for some fishing tonight?

I hear the cod is lovely this time of year.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Most of the weapons feel usable with not too many that are too strong, though SMGs don't seem to have a great niche. The 725 Shotgun is so busted and auto wins every close range fight though, gotta tone that poo poo down. It has so much range that it can oneshot in, and you don't even have to hit a solid chest shot to do it either.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Operations seems to crash my pc consistently. Maybe a cpu issue? =/

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cinara posted:

Most of the weapons feel usable with not too many that are too strong, though SMGs don't seem to have a great niche. The 725 Shotgun is so busted and auto wins every close range fight though, gotta tone that poo poo down. It has so much range that it can oneshot in, and you don't even have to hit a solid chest shot to do it either.

I did well with the double barrel pump action, the mix of a huge mag but fast follow up shots means I can either make sure one guy is dead or pop two guys back to back.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

soggybagel posted:

I’m I think level 30 now. What’s everyone’s favorite guns and load outs right now? Really loving how the shotguns feel. I honestly think the rifles all feel good. Would love to hear if I should try something now before it gets nerfed though.

-I love the 1st marksman rifle. As me main

-I also like the m91, as my lmg.

-Have the m4 up there. As my alt main.

-Mp5 is my main smg when i run my knife build, even though i have the special mp7 (didnt like it much)

-Sad that my beefed up glock will likely be put out to pasture once i hit the next level and get the sig.

-oh, and i also have a shotty build which is just 2 prims, of 725 shotty (which is a beast), and the oden.

That's me loadouts.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Is it just me or is the 1911 completely outclassed by the semiauto .45?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
With the 725 has anyone unlocked the slugs? Would love to be able to head shot guys from 60 meters away. I agree that it feels so loving strong.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is it just me or is the 1911 completely outclassed by the semiauto .45?

Yuuup. Imo.

I have the glock as my #1 kill weapon i think, in fact.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The rare MP7 disappointed, but in general I find SMGs to be fun, practical and deadly. Can't wait to level more and build some dumb, weird poo poo.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Piccadilly seems to run better now but it was a ffa not a larger scale match.

The amount of long shot kills I got with the 725 just now was criminal. Went on a 11 kill streak and nearly exhausted all the ammo before I was killed.
The MP5 is very disappointing relative to the beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Whatever the first LMG is I started using a lot and think the iron sight might be the best one for it. Because other sights take up too much room. Where as the iron sight is just a small tab that doesn’t obscure any peripheral vision.