Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

I dunno I feel like laughing at other peoples’ misfortune is kind of mean

What about a fat lady falling down an escalator?

I saw that the other day in the shopping centre (mall) and couldn't stop laughing.

She sorta kept rolling down, but the escalator kept taking her up.

She seemed unhurt and brushed it off.

All cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tHGmSh7f-0

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DandyLion posted:

Douchebag Internet Troll brags about how its futile to teach women MMA because 'biology' and blah blah here's some piping hot schadenfreude fresh out of the oven:

https://cavemancircus.com/2019/10/23/internet-troll-vs-female-mma-fighter/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

I always have a suspicion that these guys are just really into getting beaten up by women. But in case her management are reading this: There's no way Gina Carano could trap me between her supple legs and smother me between her breasts until I passed out.

Clitch posted:

Not everyone is so dazzled by Star Wars that they'll put up with all the poo poo that comes with it. I wouldn't even need to sleep on that decision.

After the reactions to the last few films, I don't think I'd take the job if I planned on working in the industry afterwards. It would have to be taking a huge pile of cash and then running off to live on my private Star Wars cash and nerd tears island.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Samuringa posted:

No sane person would willingly walk from that deal. There's absolutely nothing they could possibly create on Netflix, and that was before knowing they bumbled their way through eight seasons, that would reach even close to the clout popularity of a Star Wars movie. It could be The Holiday Special II, it would still be a movie from one of the biggest studios in the world instead of a low budget series that'll get buried under a Friends marathon.

Even going from HBO to Netflix is already a big downgrade, this news is essentially a career suicide.

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm sure they'll cry themselves to sleep every night on their huge pile of money

This is about it. That side of the schad depends on how much you think they value reputation over money. Even if their egos are hurt by this news, they're still going to go to bed, wake up, and likely die richer than everyone in this thread put together. They'll "get over it" really really quickly.

That said the two have been arrogant jerkoffs in public for years despite putting out increasingly bad products, so it's good schad to see their cachet finally run out and watch them get booted off a high-profile project.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

mind the walrus posted:

This is about it. That side of the schad depends on how much you think they value reputation over money. Even if their egos are hurt by this news, they're still going to go to bed, wake up, and likely die richer than everyone in this thread put together. They'll "get over it" really really quickly.

That said the two have been arrogant jerkoffs in public for years despite putting out increasingly bad products, so it's good schad to see their cachet finally run out and watch them get booted off a high-profile project.

I think at a certain point in those high profile jobs the pride really does matter more. You see a lot of famous people keep dragging themselves back into the spotlight to corncob harder after getting completely hosed. Look at Louis CK. I bet that guy had enough money from TV and shows to retire but instead he came back doing shows with tight security trying to stop people from recording his gross rear end content because he couldn't handle being booted out of comedy unceremoniously. Hell, own someone badly enough and maybe they'll fund a vanity project to break back in and go broke over it so you can get the complete schad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just look at the spring board of fame all these recent Star Wars movies have launched their writers/directors to! Why, you'd have to be mad, mad, not to want to work on a series with a fan base that is impossible to please and for a company that is near impossible to work with!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

mmj posted:

Look at Louis CK. I bet that guy had enough money from TV and shows to retire but instead he came back doing shows with tight security trying to stop people from recording his gross rear end content because he couldn't handle being booted out of comedy unceremoniously.
Everything else I agree with, but you'd be surprised in terms of money.

Like yeah, high-profile movie roles and comedy specials definitely pay well, but lifestyle creep is a thing. Last I checked CK lives in Manhattan and probably got used to a decade of "the good life," so in addition to the ego and pathological attention-seeking necessary to be an entertainer he's probably desperate to keep that going, especially for his kids. I wouldn't be shocked if he planted them in one of those expensive NYC schools and plans on them going to some expensive colleges.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just look at the spring board of fame all these recent Star Wars movies have launched their writers/directors to! Why, you'd have to be mad, mad, not to want to work on a series with a fan base that is impossible to please and for a company that is near impossible to work with!
Honestly this sounds kind-of baller.

Rian Johnson got to make a passion project with a murder's row of great actors coming out in a few months, Abrams is set for life, and everyone else who isn't a "name" from Empire Strikes Back onward got set-up with great network connections and a paycheck.

And because you know the company is impossible to work with going in, you just keep your head down and let them make your life hell for 3 years while you do the movie. You adjust and listen and let them hammer your baby into a Disney-approved shape and then disown the fucker 10 years down the line after the heat has died down.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Megan McCain gets shut down once again

https://twitter.com/illustjuan/status/1189204412587216896

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Delicious

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Does Whoopi have brain worms? I've always adored her and it would suck to find out she was secretly like, a cultist or virulently anti-LGBT.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Thinks black face is hilarious

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

She's also a Roman Polanski apologist

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pobody' nerfect

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mySA/status/1189370978578685953

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

"We are not political," said one of Lloyd Taco's embattled co-founders, Pete Cimino.

lol. Hey ICE buy our ethnic food, we're apolitical and you guys are too. The sensible centre wins again.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Nice curve linking that story from a San Antonio newspaper.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

Clitch posted:

Nice curve linking that story from a San Antonio newspaper.

Seriously made me double-take.

Also I live in Buffalo, and Lloyd's is just overpriced and up their own rear end. There are better places to get a taco.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

white men in the entertainment industry failing upwards is my favorite kind of scoodyfrood i guess

Here's a kid not enjoying the cow milking experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGrNSZF3XHs

Wow they had really good digital cameras even way back then...

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Sunswipe posted:

I always have a suspicion that these guys are just really into getting beaten up by women. But in case her management are reading this: There's no way Gina Carano could trap me between her supple legs and smother me between her breasts until I passed out.

100% true. It was also in a Louis Theroux Weird Weekend episode about bodybuilders.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGamvKb4tA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8D_-sJrCI

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

Does Whoopi have brain worms? I've always adored her and it would suck to find out she was secretly like, a cultist or virulently anti-LGBT.

She’s part of the black mafia that assigned Nation of Islam thugs to protect Michael Jackson and was indirectly involved in protecting Bill Cosby, they went over this in the hit TV show 30 Rock

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Former DILF posted:

She’s part of the black mafia that assigned Nation of Islam thugs to protect Michael Jackson and was indirectly involved in protecting Bill Cosby, they went over this in the hit TV show 30 Rock
I don't listen to hip hop

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is meghan mccain aware she dresses like the awful spouse of a bond villain ?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ZeusCannon posted:

Is meghan mccain aware she dresses like the awful spouse of a bond villain ?

You were at my wedding, Ms. Moneypenny

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

My father
My father
My father
My father

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Solice Kirsk posted:

How is the police department going to pay that?
Chicago spent 120 million on police misconduct cases in a single year.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah it owns how the police have a giant fund for paying out settlements

Like why can't the police just like, not break the law

Seems a lot cheaper in the long run

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

gvibes posted:

remember when they had (or still have?) that blacksite where they tortured and interrogated suspects and stuck gun barrels in their mouths?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I can finally, FINALLY, laugh at D&D not doing Star Wars:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ZeusCannon posted:

Is meghan mccain aware

No.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gvibes posted:

Maybe if the government (lol America) took some action things would get done in the whole country?

Back in the 80s in Norway cops sucked, especially in Bergen. While they weren't on par with American cops and didn't murder they were known all over.
Anyone who wasn't wanted like a druggie or some homeless person they would round up in their cars. Then they'd drive out in the woods and beat the poo poo out of them. Then they'd have to strip and the cops took the clothes and drove off.

This made a huge story in the papers and several officers got fired from the department.
Sure, there's still problems with cops here, but things got better.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Man, that's how we treat our friends here in Chicago.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
We call it a "brisk walk" and anyone new to the city gets a taste.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Solice Kirsk posted:

What was this?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

oh dope posted:

What was this?

Google cache saves the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when your writings not good enough for star wars :psyduck: