Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spall Talk/Mature Listeners
RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics.
Comedy/Film/Comics/Wrestling Misc Discussion
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 6: Army@Love Part 1: The Second Lieutenant Is The One Who Has To Use The Madcatz

On this episode, Niel and Teen Comedian Chad Weaver provide first impressions on Rick Veitch's Army@Love in preparation for the upcoming episode covering the full series. Here, they talk about Chad's first experience with comics, that ad you saw during Smackdown in like 2007 that had a marine fighting the balrog, and Southland Tales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies
RSS | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | Twitter | Website | Game Manual

Genre: Tabletop RPG Actual Play

Duration: Around 50 minutes for a play session, 35 minutes for discussion

Release: Weekly, on Saturday

Together we Can Survive

Sword of Symphonies is an Actual Playtest podcast about our in-development tabletop role-playing game Heroic Chord. Join Cat, the game's designer, along with her friends as we play through the setting, discuss the system, and talk a bit about game design writ large. If you want to play along, give the game a spin, or just learn the rules behind the podcast, then download the manual for free right here! It’s an optimistic adventure about bringing hope back to a destroyed world, and we hope it makes you smile.

This Week's Episode

Countess Countless (Sword of Symphonies Episode Seventeen)
Whatever happens, the sun comes up the day after.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019

Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | No RSS or iTunes or whatever yet but watch this space.

Genre: Comedy, Current Events. Probably media reviews in the future.

Duration: Planning to hover around an hour, but if we start cooking with gas some weeks we may up the ante to 90 minutes. Probably never longer than the average Woody Allen movie.

Release schedule: Weekly.

Description: I developed a love for podcasts and talk radio to ease my hatred of my gruelling menial jobs over the last decade or so. My friend is a bedroom musician with a sound engineering degree and a decent set up in his room, and we wanted a new hobby to keep our mind off the encroaching horror of the Scottish winter.

Inspired by Athletico Mince, Cum Town, Chapo Trap House, the Chris Morris Radio 1 Music Shows etc. We may try to do some actual pre recorded sketches too a la Blue Jam and the like. We'll see.

Generally it's just two old time friends drinking in front of a mic and talking current events, media, politics, silly accents and just wondering what the point of living in this late-capitalistic hell state is. Will we figure it out? Keep tuning in to find out.

This Week's Episode:

Episode 2 - Hot Headed Hermanoz. Episode 2 seems a real improvement on the premier ep even if my cohost Dogg. E. Dirt is a bit half cut already by the time we started. In this episode we tackle Morrissey, holding grudges, Weird Al Yankovic, Henry Dundas the 1st Viscount Melville and names of different generations. We also refer to Hurricane Lorenzo as Hurricane Florence for some reason. Enjoy.

GaramSoya fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 6, 2019

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | RSS | Show Blog Full of Good Stuff :dance:

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 37: Houston Zinefest Trip Report!!! :toot: Jin catches up with a short discussion about convention plans and the meaning of her work. Root is back on the job hunt and cranking out mini-comics. And Mark has shifted some of his focus over to traditional inking and lettering. Finally, Root and Mark share their tale of tabling together at the annual Houston Zine Fest!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies
RSS | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Pocket Casts | Twitter | Website | Game Manual

Together we Can Survive

Sword of Symphonies is an Actual Playtest podcast about our in-development tabletop role-playing game Heroic Chord. Join Cat, the game's designer, along with her friends as we play through the setting, discuss the system, and talk a bit about game design writ large. If you want to play along, give the game a spin, or just learn the rules behind the playtest, download the manual for free right here! It’s an optimistic adventure about bringing hope back to a destroyed world, and we hope it makes you smile.

New story time!

Meet the dirtbags! (Kersten's training wheels, episode one) So after we got emotions all over us at the end of the last character arc, Kersten's taking the GM wheels for a little sides story! Cat's getting to play the game she designed for the first time, and everyone's having a nice time loving around in the big city for a bit urban intrigue. If you haven't started the podcast, but are interested in checking it out, this is a good place to start. We had a lot of fun with this one!

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 12, 2019

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

The Spoony Bard's Aural Theatre

RSS | Website

Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 01: Grass Valley

Genre: Radio Drama

Duration: around an hour

Release: 1st and 15th of the month

My girlfriend and I adapt old video games into radio dramas. We use local theater actors and generous online people to contribute their voices for the characters within the story. All the dialogue, music and sound effects are taken right from the game; this is an adaptation of the game, voiced in the style of like a fairy tale or something. It's almost kindasorta like a Let's Play but for your ears.

Soul Blazer was an SNES action RPG. Like Diablo, kinda, if you're not really a gamer? The first episode of this seven-episode series takes place in Grass Valley, a lovely little mesa with goats and evil. There were a lot of people who voiced these silly lines; some of them came from here, I think? This is the third game we're doing; the first two were Final Fantasy IV and Fallout 1. So I guess go check those out if you think this is neat. And tell all your friends how neat this is.

credburn fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 18, 2019

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
The show's name: Ephemera
The show's website URL: http://storiesfromtheinter.net
RSS: https://ephemera.libsyn.com/rss
The show's genre: storytelling
Release schedule: 20 minutes a month
A brief description of what your show's all about : Ephemera is a cyberpunk, plunderphonics investigation of stories that could have only happened Online. From EVE Online and Goon Island to the Web's first big suicide hoax (1999!) and a digital bunny rabbits lawsuit, Ephemera tells bite sized stories about the ways people use the Web.

A couple new stories since I last posted here. The one I've just put out is about death and mourning and Facebook, and I encourage you to click around to, say, a story about love and hate on the internet's first web forum, or an in depth exploration of swatting and its dangers.

Goons overlap my target audience a lot I think - I want to make NPR from the deep web, with every primary source at my fingertips in a way they just aren't with offline stories. Namaste

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Sword of Symphonies is an Actual Playtest podcast about our in-development tabletop role-playing game Heroic Chord. Join Cat, the game's designer, along with her friends as we play through the setting, discuss the system, and talk a bit about game design writ large. If you want to play along, give the game a spin, or just learn the rules behind the playtest, download the manual for free right here! It’s an optimistic adventure about bringing hope back to a destroyed world, and we hope it makes you smile.

This week!

Meet the dirtbags! (Kersten's training wheels, episode two) Our, heroes, for lack of a better word, rush off to investigate this terrible theft. They diligently pursue all the leads, don't forget anything, and neither the characters nor players get sidetracked by Vi's cool coffee maker.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

you guys are talented af. kind of intimidating

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Description: Spall Talk, the only podcast where two siblings talk about the life and career of Timothy Spall, is on hiatus, and in its place is Mature Listeners, wherein Niel (I Before E) and Shane (NienNunb) discuss the life and death of Vertigo Comics.
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 7: Army@Love Pt 2: Do You Wanna Know How I Got These Stamps? ft @Weaverchad

On this episode, Chad returns to bear witness as Shane inveighs against Army@Love, before discussing 2007 culture, the new Joker movie and Niel's perfect take on it, ringtones, and The Big Lie, the 9/11 truth effortpost comic Veitch made.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | No RSS | Stitcher | No iTunes or whatever yet but watch this space.

Duration: Planning to hover around an hour, but if we start cooking with gas some weeks we may up the ante to 90 minutes. Probably never longer than the average Woody Allen movie.

Description: I developed a love for podcasts and talk radio to ease my hatred of my gruelling menial jobs over the last decade or so. My friend is a bedroom musician with a sound engineering degree and a decent set up in his room, and we wanted a new hobby to keep our mind off the encroaching horror of the Scottish winter.

Inspired by Athletico Mince, Cum Town, Chapo Trap House, the Chris Morris Radio 1 Music Shows etc. We may try to do some actual pre recorded sketches too a la Blue Jam and the like. We'll see.

Generally it's just two old time friends drinking in front of a mic and talking current events, media, politics, silly accents and just wondering what the point of living in this late-capitalistic hell state is. Will we figure it out? Keep tuning in to find out.

This Week's Episode:

Episode 3 - Garden of Mead
Episode 4 - So Sorry. AKA the depressing episode

Episode 3 sees us half-arseing it, getting drunk and belligerently reviewing the Joker movie that i can now barely remember. I also barely remember this episode being recorded. I think we start insulting Amber from Chapo Trap House at some point and we definitely blast out a horrible 30 year old UK no 1 hit that sampled that Gary Glitter song that everyone won't stop talking about.

Episode 4 is our hat in hands episode. We learnt our lesson. It also coincides with a severe depression that seems unlikely to dissipate until May. We talk about missing petty theft, patriotism, civilisation being on a precipice, and plans for the future of the podcast. By the end we're just geeking out about Aphex Twin and U-ziq. By this point we're starting to enjoy doing our little fledging weekly podcast, in fact it may now be the only thing giving our lives any meaning. Tune in next time!

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Riverdale is back, and so is my show about it. Beware the Bear-Man.

SEX ARCHIE

Memory Lane 7: Archie's Weird Mysteries
Riverdale returns soon, but we returned first! In this bonus episode, we talk about the first episode of Archie's Weird Mysteries, a kids' cartoon celebrating its 20th anniversary today. What if the whole town of Riverdale was threatened by an evil, deadly conspiracy, but it was certified safe for the little ones? You'd probably have to involve starchy veg and a future Broadway superstar.

Episode 58: Fred Andrews will Always be a Part of Riverdale
This episode covers Chapter 58: In Memoriam by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa; directed by Gabriel Correa

Season 4 begins with the moment we've been anticipating for months: the death of Fred Andrews and a tribute to Luke Perry. Riverdale becomes starkly real, as the hyperreality gives way to the grief and work that come with losing family. There are no jokes in this episode description.

Episode 59: Raw Keto Vegan
This episode covers Chapter 59: Fast Times at Riverdale High by Michael Grassi and Will Ewing; directed by Pamela Romanowsky

After a week's pause, it is time to dive in to the season 4 plot of Riverdale. Jughead becomes a class traitor. Veronica goes to desperate lengths to fill the seats. Reggie has a subplot of his own; isn't that nice?

iTunes Soundcloud Stitcher Google Play Music RSS

Genre: Chattin' bout TV stuff
Release schedule: Back to weekly, baby!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

Genre: Comedy, Entertainment, History(?)
Release Schedule: Weekly-ish
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BreakMayberry
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BreakingMayberry/
Email us: breakingmayberry@gmail.com

Breaking Mayberry is a comedy/criticism podcast where two guys (one of which is me) go back and watch every episode of the Andy Griffith Show to understand why its such a big deal. What made this show such a cultural touchstone, and why is it always brought up by conservatives as "the way things should be?" Along the way, we learn about the turbulent '60s, come up with fan theories, and explore the weird world of Mayberry. The comedy holds up - the lessons not so much.

NEW EPISODES
48: Hey, I'm Gary Busey, The Fish! Season Finale

There once was a sad man named Limpet
His goldfish - he wanted to pimp it
And then he got his wish
To have sex with a fish
Finally using his weak little shrimp bits.

There once was an actor named Knotts.
For fishes, he did have the hots.
"gently caress you, Andy" he said
"I'll make movies instead"
So he made this dumb garbage that rots.

This movie has a guy who's named Stickle.
Which everyone mistakes for "Pickle."
The writers thought "This is funny"
"This is somehow worth money!"
Yeah man, you're like Don loving Rickles.

There were two co-hosts, Dan and Marty
Who wanted a season-end party.
But instead they got this
"It's A Man! It's A Fish!"
So the season ends on a wet fart-y.

Bottle Episodes 1: A Grown Man Fights A Piano

It's the beginning of our brand-new mini-series "Bottle Episodes", covering the magical hit I Dream of Jeannie. Our special guest, journalist/author Emily Guendelsberger stops by the studio to talk with us about musical in-jokes, worker strikes, and magically bribing a small child. It's I Dream of Jeannie Season 5, Episode 1, "Jeannie At The Keys"

Buy Emily's book, "On The Clock: What Low-Wage Work Did to Me and How It Drives America Insane." https://www.littlebrown.com/titles/emily-guendelsberger/on-the-clock/9780316508995/

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Here are two podcasts I do.

Game Shows, I Suppose

URL | Apple | Google |
Spotify | RSS

Genre: Niche Pop Culture Podcast - Game Shows
Release Schedule: Weekly - Wednesdays
Duration: 90 Minutes - 120 Minutes
Social Media: My Personal Twitter

Each week, I discuss the breaking news of game shows and reality-competition shows, invite guests on to talk about one singular game show, and we break down pieces and parts of everything from the rules to the hosting. There is also a "Pricing Game Spotlight", a 110-part series looking at every pricing game on "The Price is Right" and the occasional game show review, whenever there is a new format to find.

Recent episodes included "Hellevator", "Fun House", and "Tough Enough"

Fun Time Calls

AnchorFM
RSS
and Twitch

Genre: One of those "friends that bullshit around and record their skype calls
Release Schedule: Weekly - Saturdays
Duration: 60 Minutes - 90 Minutes
Social Media: Fun Time Calls Twitter

Mostly food, video game, and movie discussion, tons of bits where all three hosts antagonize each other. We decided to recently record on Twitch Saturdays (sometimes Sundays) the show with a pre-show and post-show if time allows.

Currently, there is a bonus podcast where I recap DC Universe's "Titans" Season 2. I get very confused, very fast.

Anyway, some goons have stopped by in earlier episodes. I hope you tune in!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Here are two podcasts I do.

Game Shows, I Suppose

URL | Apple | Google |
Spotify | RSS

Genre: Niche Pop Culture Podcast - Game Shows
Release Schedule: Weekly - Wednesdays
Duration: 90 Minutes - 120 Minutes
Social Media: My Personal Twitter

Each week, I discuss the breaking news of game shows and reality-competition shows, invite guests on to talk about one singular game show, and we break down pieces and parts of everything from the rules to the hosting. There is also a "Pricing Game Spotlight", a 110-part series looking at every pricing game on "The Price is Right" and the occasional game show review, whenever there is a new format to find.

Recent episodes included "Hellevator", "Fun House", and "Tough Enough"

Fun Time Calls

AnchorFM
RSS
and Twitch

Genre: One of those "friends that bullshit around and record their skype calls
Release Schedule: Weekly - Saturdays
Duration: 60 Minutes - 90 Minutes
Social Media: Fun Time Calls Twitter

Mostly food, video game, and movie discussion, tons of bits where all three hosts antagonize each other. We decided to recently record on Twitch Saturdays (sometimes Sundays) the show with a pre-show and post-show if time allows.

Currently, there is a bonus podcast where I recap DC Universe's "Titans" Season 2. I get very confused, very fast.

Anyway, some goons have stopped by in earlier episodes. I hope you tune in!

I was on the Tough Enough episode!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

hey guys, um sort of new to this malarkey but i thought i would do some self-promo

my pod is called GHOST STORIES FOR THE END OF THE WORLD

http://ghoststoriesfortheend.podbean.com/

Genre: Political history/Intelligence operations/True crime
Release Schedule: Fornightly for now, hoping to go weekly if I can get on top of the research and whatnot
Duration: 40 Minutes - 60 Minutes
Social Media: https://twitter.com/toast_fam (might set up a twitter solely for the pod if i get enough listeners)

it's a kind of occult history of post-war western society, exploring how a sleazy cast of spooks, gangsters, politicians, business leaders, and outright monsters have shaped our glitching reality. we'll dig up dirt on the sickos in charge and look at intelligence ops and bizarre crimes linked to extremely powerful people. the CIA will appear many times.

hope you enjoy!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

hope you enjoy!

i did im very glad you posted and made this. Looking forward to the next one.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

i did im very glad you posted and made this. Looking forward to the next one.

thanks! itunes vetting it atm so will update when/if approved

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

I didn't post last week but we did update.

Meet the dirtbags! (Kersten's Training Wheels, Episode Three) Investigative priorities: yell at secruity, do pranks, let the sentient plant solve the big problems.

Cat's Cradle 5: Halloween Spooktacular Cat, Kathleen, and Nick invoke the departed spirit of Kersten so that we can talk about monsters! What do they mean? Why are they like that? How does it change the way we interact with the game?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

RSS | Website

Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 02: Greenwood

Genre: Radio Drama, Video Games, Theatre
It's like a Let's Play for your ears!

Duration: around an hour

The second (of seven) episode of Soul Blazer! Having defeated METAL MANTIS or whatever his name was in the evil painting by Dr. Leo, the Soul Blazer named BLAZER follows the taint of evil to the lush swampy land of Greenwood, a place where Turbo the dog had built for the protection of all the animals that were eventually stolen by Deathtoll anyway.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Episode 8: Preacher Part 2: It's Just A Theory, A Plane Theory ft @kamenrideruno

On the latest Mature Listeners, Dickeye (Benghazi 2) returns to the pod to cover more Preacher, and if you think we liked the last set of Preacher issues, you're going to be surprised by our reaction to these, because this is very much a mixed bag. We also talk about Keanu Reeves, The Lighthouse, and 9/11.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | No RSS | Stitcher | No iTunes or whatever yet but watch this space.

This Week's Episode:

Episode 5 - ExSTINKtion ReSMELLion
Episode 6 - Talk a Lotta Wind
Episode 7 - Bi-Sexual B-Boys

Episode 5 sees us take on the big issues. Joining twitter for the first time in 2019 and annoying Irvine Welsh. Jimi Hendrix upstaging Little Richard. Little dicked gods of antiquity, ALL the good stuff.

Episode 6 has our first guest! Straight from Lithuania, here's our sordid friend Wind to tell tales of swinging, rickshawing, spirituality and being paid to gently caress a prossie in London in front of a perverted businessman.

Episode 7 sees the ageing hosts trying to make sense of youtubers and whether we chose the right path in life. We also pontificate on how long we have until the increased listenership in our home city ends up blowing up in our faces and gets us sacked from our jobs.

With unlicensed musical interludes! To be consumed passively during acts of menial labour.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
We fulfilled our week's quota early this week.

Tha Dirty Dogg House

This Week's Episode:

Episode 8 - Buzzing for Winter Smells

Episode 8 finds your titular dirty doggs having a sick day. Both ill we reconvene to reflect. With a fresh batch of lemsip and scotmid's meal deal chilled to the point of having no flavour, we go for a high-concept episode. We have our first sponsor. We have a guest reading from a local writer. We have a relationships advice corner (the famed drippini story culled from reddit via this forum). And we have an alternate ending of The Last Temptation of Christ recorded specifically for this podcast by director of the moment, Mr Martin Scorsese. What a coup for the pod!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners 9: Preacher Part 3: When John Cena Does The U Can't See Me, That's Him Waving To ISIS ft @kamenrideruno

On the latest episode, Jessie (Benghazi 2) returns for a short episode going over Preacher Book 3, which includes one bad side mini and one fun one-shot alongside a story that is mainly recounting that side content. We also talk about John Cena, ISIS Member, The Sopranos, and High Hopes.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 22, 2019

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
This Golarion Life

https://thisgolarionlife.com/
RSS: https://pinecast.com/feed/this-golarion-life

Weekly releases

I'm part of a Pathfinder actual-play podcast (if you don't know what this is, imagine Dungeon and Dragons but with even more verbose rules) that's been running for a couple of years. The adventure path being played is Ironfang Invasion, which covers the plot of a strong empire's irregular army (monsters) invading a backwater, hillbilly nation. While there are of course serious moments and plot development, we often tell jokes and have a relaxed time. A few listeners have said it is a funny show, but I leave that up to you. The most recent episode, 47, is a good sample to give you an idea of how we do things, since it is a side plot and won't spoil anything from the main story.

Please give it a listen if D&D pods are your thing. We don't currently have a Patreon, but may go that direction if there is enough interest. If audio quality is a concern, all members have at least a Yeti Snowball mic, so you ears won't be devastated.

Forward_Bee fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 24, 2019

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Over a hundred years ago, the world melted. The great Cloudcomb Mountains collapsed, flooding the world as if wiping humanity off the slate and making room for horrors, beasts, and demons. Humanity has survived this long. The Deiliths, the divine monuments that keep watch over the world, appoint their chosen ones to push back against the darkness, and together they fight to reclaim what humans once had.

Recent episodes

Meet the dirtbags! (Kersten's Training Wheels, Episode Four) :ms:

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Eighteen) We return to the Westbreaker, where events are set in motion that will finally reveal why Penelope is Like That™.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

RSS | Website

Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 03: St. Elle's
(sometimes St. Elles and sometimes just The Seabed Palace)

Duration: around forty-five minutes

The third (of seven) episode of Soul Blazer! Blazer leaves behind the freed animals of Greenwood and dives knee-deep in the realm of mermaids and gay dolphins. Also features a starving child whose father is really excited about dying on the floating wreckage of a ship.

Next episode: The Mountain of Souls

EDIT: I posted the last update late, and nobody's posted anything since, so as to not spam this unnecessarily, I'll just append the next update to this.

Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 04: The Mountain of Souls

In this episode, Blazer dodges snowballs and icicles as he fights to return to the world a community of very tiny mountain folk and their sentient mushrooms.

credburn fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 1, 2019

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Over a hundred years ago, the world melted. The great Cloudcomb Mountains collapsed, flooding the world as if wiping humanity off the slate and making room for horrors, beasts, and demons. Humanity has survived this long. The Deiliths, the divine monuments that keep watch over the world, appoint their chosen ones to push back against the darkness, and together they fight to reclaim what humans once had.

This Week!

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Nineteen) It's time for the Festival! There's contests, parties, politics, and everyone keeping all of their edge successes. :ohdear:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

Breaking Mayberry is a comedy/criticism podcast where two guys (one of which is me) go back and watch every episode of the Andy Griffith Show to understand why its such a big deal. What made this show such a cultural touchstone, and why is it always brought up by conservatives as "the way things should be?" Along the way, we learn about the turbulent '60s, come up with fan theories, and explore the weird world of Mayberry. The comedy holds up - the lessons not so much.

NEW EPISODES

Bottle Episodes 2: @barbara_eden's Reply Guys

Syfy Fangrrrls writer and "Bitches on Comics" co-host Sara Century stops by for our second entry into the Jeannie-verse - Season 3, Episode 4, "My Turned-On Master." We try to get into Barbara Eden's DMs, critique the furnishings of fictional NASA, and let absolute power corrupt us very minutely.

Listen to Sara's podcast, Bitches on Comics: http://bitchesoncomics.com/
Read Sara's stuff online: http://www.saracentury.com/

Bottle Episodes 3: Belly Button Mandela Effect

It's another journey into magic as USA Today 10Best Food/Travel Editor and host of WHYY's "Check Please!" Kae Lani Palmisano joins us to talk about Season 2, Episode 15 "Jeannie Breaks the Bank!"

We learn the secrets of living in a castle, Marty fanboys over space law, and Dan freaks out over phantom memories of a woman's belly-button.

Read Kae Lani's food and travel writing: https://kaelanisays.com/writing

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | No RSS | Stitcher | Tune In

This Week's Episode:

Episode 9 - The Young TERFs

Took a month break between episodes, as a result of my mum passing off this mortal coil. Life is shite. We want to die. The UK election was a disaster. The world is ending. We want to die. Listen to tha dirty dogg house. With music from the Adverts and U-Ziq.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

RSS | Website

Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 05: Dr. Leo's Laboratory

The fifth (of seven) episode of Soul Blazer! Blazer is getting closer to Magridd Castle, but on the way he must enter Dr. Leo's home and the labyrinthine laboratory below. But where is Dr. Leo? Blazer delves into the scientist's designs, and also a miniature town to search for him and the stones needed to open the World of Evil.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...

COMIC BROS Podcast

Get it: iTunes | Pocket Casts | Stitcher | YouTube | SoundCloud | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | RSS | Show Blog Full of Good Stuff :dance:

Genre: General Entertainment
Release: Month... ly... ish...?

Description: Mark Wise, Jin Wicked, and Root Bradford sit down every month to chat about what we're up to, what we've been working on, review what we've been reading, and discuss other comic-related topics. Includes perspectives both as readers and independent creators of comics.

Episode 38: 2019 Holiday Gift Guide!!! :sassargh: Our heroes brave events in the news, exhaustion, and ennui to discuss their recent conventions and shows. They then recommend some comic books and graphic novels for your holiday gift-buying needs!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Recent episodes!

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Twenty) Turns out Kersten has a thing for heists, even when she's not GMing.

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Twenty-one) After a Roadside Picnic, everyone goes stalking through the woods.

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Twenty-two) Aggressive Furniture and Diplomacy are two of Amylte's greatest unsung dangers. Our heroes also eventually figure out why the Golden Dragon festival is called that.

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | Stitcher | Tune In

This Week's Episode:

Episode 10 - Avin it Large ont' Barge

I've bought a portable mic and taken the reins of the means of production from Dogg. E. Dirt. This is an episode with all the seeds left in. Live from my car driving around dilapidated Grimsby, and live from The Barge, a pub that sits at a 65 degree angle in a muddy canal. We have our second guest, the Ukrainian-Grimbarian slam poet Mayster, telling us about why he hates women and is better than you! In rap form! Then we get chips in a pier off the north sea. Merry christmas. RIP Mum.

GaramSoya fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 24, 2019

GaramSoya
Jan 15, 2019
Tha Dirty Dogg House
Soundcloud | Stitcher | Tune In

This Week's Episode:

Episode 11 - Bladdy Whinging Bogan Pommie Arsonist Buggers

Feelin thoughtful in a Georgian marketplace tavern on the morning of a public declaration of war. But we're too old for conscription by now!!

In this latest episode we read out 1 and 5 star reviews of the UK's only branch of Hooters and read out the tweets of an Ozzie boomer climate change denier. We recorded it in a Wetherspoons and one of the service staff made a wry smile at us when he picked up our empty glasses at the end of the show.

Oh and we have a new logo. Cool isn't it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Hunter, Farmgirl, Dragon, Queen (Sword of Symphonies, Episode Twenty-Three) Today we wrap up Penelope's character arc. We've all learned valuable lessons about love, learning, thinking ahead, responsibility, and putting The Golden Dragon back in The Golden Dragon Festival.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 11, 2020

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

RSS | Website
Series 03: Soul Blazer, Episode 06: Magridd Castle

We adapt retro video games into derpy radio theatre.

The penultimate episode to the Soul Blazer series! Blazer is now at Magridd castle, where finally he will meet those who were responsible for the great cataclysm that so began his mission. King and Queen Magridd, Dr. Leo, a guard named Dok for some reason, and Lisa all show up for the game's pre-climax get-together.

Here is the episode!

Also: if you like this, tell your friends! I don't like saying "like and share" and all that. We don't make money for what we do, so I hope I don't sound like I'm advertising. I just want to encourage more people to listen to our extremely niche audience.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Mayberry

Soundcloud
iTunes
RSS
iHeartRadio
Spreaker
Stitcher
YouTube
Spotify

NEW EPISODES

Bottle Episodes 4: Astronauts Ain't poo poo

"Saddest Case of Celibacy In The West" podcast host Stephanie Neuerburg joins us for a rip-roaring cowboy adventure, as we take on an episode where Jeannie teleports Tony into the old west, or possibly a Westworld-style simulation? We'll debate this and also reference the first episode of Deadwood like five times.

Listen to The Saddest Case of Celibacy In The West: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-saddest-case-of-celibacy-in-the-west/id1458925690

Bottle Episodes 5: Sammy Davis Two-Fer

Friend of the show Jordana Lipsitz returns to heavily lust after Sammy Davis Junior after a cursory reading of his biography. Sammy and his clone guest-star in this episode, S02EP23, "The Greatest Entertainer In The World." In this podcast, Dan denies the moon-landing, Marty shares the secret to talking with his grandmother, and Jordana weighs in on the important question: Would you bone your clone?

Bottle Episodes 6: Maximum Acceptable Gyration Levels

INFOCOMMENTS
Comedy, #1960s, #classictv, #comedy, #comedypodcast, #feministm, #history, #idreamofjeannie, #magazines, #sexism
There's a SEX DOCTOR in the house as sex educator/writer/podcast host/performer Dr. Timaree Schmit stops by to talk about the many, many cultures of Jeannie, and the worst things you can do at your local go-go dance performance. We're screaming of Jeannie with Season 1, Episode 8, "The Americanization of Jeannie"

Follow Timaree's podcasts and postings at https://sexwithtimaree.com/ (NSFW, duh.)

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sword of Symphonies

Together we Can Survive

Cat's Stats (Cat's Cradle Episode Seven)" What do stat lines really mean in RPGs, man? What do they do, and what do they say about the game you play and the stories they tell? In this episode of Cat's cradle, we discuss why stats are not value neutral, even if they don't improve your strength modifier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RSS Feed
Updates every other week

Mature Listeners Episode 10: Preacher Part 4: Denying Genocide As A Bit (Social Experiment) w/Judge Jessie

On the latest Mature Listeners, Jessie (FKA Benghazi 2) returns to the pod to to talk about the part of Preacher with a nuke, Achewood, forums drama, and Chew. Niel does a kind of bad Joe Pera voice.