Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ravioli ravioli give me the beamioli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Not true. While Dark Harvest is extremely good for a lot of characters, tanks still want their tanking runes and ADC types crave Lethal Tempo or Fleet Footwork. Healing runes (Legend: Bloodline, Taste of Blood, Ravenous Hunter), Transcendence, and Gathering Storm are also impossibly valuable; basically, anything that lets you self-sustain and get around the inherent limitations of ARAM, or stacking CDR/damage when you can't. Leveraging said CDR into spamming CC is also a surefire way to win.

Following up on the self-sustain point, Conqueror on champs that want it, i.e. Illaoi or Mordekaiser, is also better than DH, but you still want to get the healing in the domination tree as your secondary.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

curiousCat posted:

The fact that you can always tell where she is is actually interesting though -- and no dashes to be found.

And it's broken when the champ attacks, so it seems like exclusively a peel ability.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Senna E is AoE Camo so depending on how long it lasts it could be good for giving melee champs a chance to ambush. Like imagine sneaking your Darius or Morde into the perfect close flanking position then rooting the backline with your W

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Firebert posted:

Senna E is AoE Camo so depending on how long it lasts it could be good for giving melee champs a chance to ambush. Like imagine sneaking your Darius or Morde into the perfect close flanking position then rooting the backline with your W

The enemy can still see you're moving up though, so you'd need to be really sneaky to not give anything away. It might be useful to smuggle a jungler into the bot lane nook though.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah it seems good to fake out the enemy botlane. Have your jungler run through it from behind a wall and when he pops out the other end it'll look like it's just your adc and then you get a surprise gank off.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://mobile.twitter.com/RiotAugust/status/1189268641080135682

She (infinitely) gains ad with every stack; crit and range with breakpoints

She has garbage aspd scaling to make her worse as a carry

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Is that the first time they’ve changed a characters race for a skin?

Most of Shyv's skins change her skin color, if you count 'blue' as a race.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hellioning posted:

Most of Shyv's skins change her skin color, if you count 'blue' as a race.

Soraka has purple also has blue skin. 3 skins have the same skin tone, 5 of them turn her white (2 different Star Guardian skins).

And 1 of them makes her a robot.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 29, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Invalid Validation posted:

Is that the first time they’ve changed a characters race for a skin?

depends - is Irish a race?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Guess I should have clarified first time they changed a characters race to a minority with a skin.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

what are you talking about

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

strong bird posted:

what are you talking about

I have no idea lol

All of the True Damage cast have always been POC

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

posting to check my username. please ignore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I am gonna play the poo poo outta Senna. I've been waiting for a good skill-based support for a long time, and it looks like she fully delivers on that fantasy, as well as having a loving slick release skin. Kinda wonder how they're gonna balance her entire kit, though. E alone would make a support champ viable for how it lets you approach fights and deny information, but that plus her ult looks nuts.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that looks like a stupid loving champion

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Senna looks cool as gently caress and her identity as a support definitely seems way more ingrained in her kit than pyke's "here's an assassin with a bunch of weird limitations sorta tying him to support". Also give every champion weird flavorful jhin-esque autos imo

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Giving every champion weird autos would make the concept of weird autos boring and uninteresting. It should be used sparingly, generally on marksmen.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That E is not going to stay like that for very long.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/1189414726943551488

lmao riot what are you doing

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't there going to be an AD spellthief's anyway? Why include 'she gets adaptive force from Spellthief's' in the tooltip?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

Isn't there going to be an AD spellthief's anyway? Why include 'she gets adaptive force from Spellthief's' in the tooltip?

Not that I've seen, the support item changes are coin being removed and support items automatically upgrading.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hellioning posted:

It's only for the short time between her release and preseason, they will excise it later - it literally only works on spellthief's

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

njsykora posted:

Not that I've seen, the support item changes are coin being removed and support items automatically upgrading.

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/preseason-2020-gameplay-rise-elements

Scroll down a bit there are 4 support items: two ap, two ad, with targon's or spellthief's passive

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

True Damage Ekko is going to be terribly distracting in a teamfight (and might straight-up be seizure inducing), but I like the style of the effects. It also has this as a taunt.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 30, 2019

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Firebert posted:

Yeah, having two wraiths come out, one of which is a ADC and the other is Darius, would be a little terrifying if you didn’t know which one to tack towards. That being said, this feels a little bit like Neekos passive, which was really fun to theory craft and maybe make a one in a million play, but generally it’ll be used as a pretty unexciting thing (it looks to be great disengage.)

Anyway, more theory crafting. Who likes having an AD spell thief? My first thought is MF but she sorta liked having some AP for more make it rain damage. Support Ashe could be a thing, I guess?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Boxman posted:

Anyway, more theory crafting. Who likes having an AD spell thief?

Ashe, MF, Pantheon, and Jarvan are the main ones I can think of. You might also see some new, weird supports (Lee Sin...?) with the freed up early gold and broader available stat spreads.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

Ashe, MF, Pantheon, and Jarvan are the main ones I can think of. You might also see some new, weird supports (Lee Sin...?) with the freed up early gold and broader available stat spreads.

caitlyn and lee sin support will love these items and may see some play if the ad spellthiefs(swordthiefs) is good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

Lee is already a fun surprise support pick so I endorse this.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

caitlyn and lee sin support will love these items and may see some play if the ad spellthiefs(swordthiefs) is good
hey thats my line

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

i'm becoming a support caitlyn main in preseason

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Kingcobweb please make a support miss fortune guide except support Caitlyn

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just play Senna you degenerates

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Much like Jhin, it's a bunch of :words: that actually have simple gameplay (the more souls she collects, the scarier her cannon is, and because it's a cannon it shoots slow and hits hard at long range).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That's probably with the detailed Shift context enabled, too. They've been pretty good about simplifying down dense descriptions while leaving in more detailed Shift-sensitive info for the curious.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
When is the new tft patch supposed to happen? Saw the previews posted here, reinstalled, and was disappointed to see the old units.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

There is always some hilariously broken poo poo during post/pre season but it all gets phased out by the time the season starts.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Sinner posted:

When is the new tft patch supposed to happen? Saw the previews posted here, reinstalled, and was disappointed to see the old units.

Won't be until about mid-November, IIRC. I believe they're letting the current PBE patch cook for longer than normal (3 or 4 week patch cycle) due to the scale of the changes.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Vermain posted:

Won't be until about mid-November, IIRC. I believe they're letting the current PBE patch cook for longer than normal (3 or 4 week patch cycle) due to the scale of the changes.

New TFT set goes live 9.22, with the new preseason stuff cooking for another patch and being released 9.23

https://twitter.com/Mortdog/status/...origins-1164578

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

9.22 is scheduled for next Wednesday incidentally.