Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
pasqualo lookin a lot like ih!! jennifer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Missed last strip... Pasqualo, I'm sorry I understand this feeling and all you can do is let it go and do better.

It's REALLY loving HARD to let it go, though.

Ughgghggghh I hate this baby kids cartoon reminds me how loving anxious I've always been.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pasqualo is too relatable.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ouch. Please Forgive Me with the hard-hittin' truths.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm on a reread and you know, I just hope Carl is okay.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dropping in to say that we're 52% of the way through the next arc. Good job Gob! :)

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

T-man posted:

Dropping in to say that we're 52% of the way through the next arc. Good job Gob! :)
Thank you! There's still a bit of work left to go, but I'll keep it up as best as I can!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

76%.....
The wait is excruciating.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Regallion posted:

76%.....

Don't stress over it. Gob and Josef can take as long as he feels he needs. Sure, we all want this progress bar to go faster, but it's not worth rushing them.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Regallion posted:

76%.....

Many apologies. The long wait is because of lots of things, but I think the biggest one is my work schedule. I don't have as much time to draw as I used to, unfortunately.

In other news, we have a big ol chunk of the arc after this one written. It's... probably going to take a while to finish, too. Maybe we'll re-think our release strategy. Or think about rethinking it or something, haha.

But yeah, I do feel bummed out that I've been struggling with keeping up the pace. I'm eager to show you guys what we've been working on, too.

In any case, thank you guys for your Patience!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
don't worry about it gob. we'll enjoy it when it comes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Gobolatula posted:

Many apologies. The long wait is because of lots of things, but I think the biggest one is my work schedule. I don't have as much time to draw as I used to, unfortunately.

In other news, we have a big ol chunk of the arc after this one written. It's... probably going to take a while to finish, too. Maybe we'll re-think our release strategy. Or think about rethinking it or something, haha.

But yeah, I do feel bummed out that I've been struggling with keeping up the pace. I'm eager to show you guys what we've been working on, too.

In any case, thank you guys for your Patience!

I hope you're well and I think you're doing a good job making a comic and having a real life.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
hell yeah I just finished It Hurts!! and it's been a long time something played with my emotions like that but remained narratively satisfying instead of just deflating

do the comic at the pace you do it and i'll read it when it exists

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Speaking as a long time reader of webcomics, it matters much more that you keep things at a rate you can maintain comfortably because it means it's much more likely to actually finish. There are a lot of old webcomics where the person gets burnt out trying to update super quickly, and I'd much rather see IH get to whatever sort of comfortable ending point over 10 years than see it die in two because you're trying to update at a draining pace. It seems like most of the people who have posted itt agree, and I think it's a pretty fair sampling of the folks who read it. Turtles beat hares.

I hope your work schedule is keeping you healthy, happy, well-rested and that you're doing okay in general. :)

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Thanks a lot, guys! I've been doing pretty well mental health-wise lately. But yeah, I've been purposely not spending every moment of my free time drawing comics, which is another reason this is taking some time. When I was drawing IT HURTS, it was almost the only fun hobby I had. These days I do more internet browsing and FFXIV. Those memes and those Moogles. Lemme tell ya...

As for busting my buns to maintain an update schedule, yeah I did that for a while and I found that I was starting to cut corners just to get comics done, rather than actually having fun making silly art. My current arrangement let's me chill out and take my time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Take your time, Gob. Remember, you're not beholden to us.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I'm sure we'll forgive you when we get those sweet sweet updates.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Thanks a lot, guys! I've been doing pretty well mental health-wise lately. But yeah, I've been purposely not spending every moment of my free time drawing comics, which is another reason this is taking some time. When I was drawing IT HURTS, it was almost the only fun hobby I had. These days I do more internet browsing and FFXIV. Those memes and those Moogles. Lemme tell ya...

As for busting my buns to maintain an update schedule, yeah I did that for a while and I found that I was starting to cut corners just to get comics done, rather than actually having fun making silly art. My current arrangement let's me chill out and take my time.

why haven't you joined the goon guild

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

I'm already in a FC that one of my buddies made. Plus, I still play relatively little. I started playing maybe in March or April and JUST got to Heavensward. I appreciate the thought though!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Gobolatula posted:

Are you in the goon server/FC by any chance?

E: F,b. Well if you’re ever on Excalibur and need someone to help with raids or assorted bullshit hit us up on the FF14 thread. We’ll hook you up.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 17, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

I'd gladly do dungeons with Gob or anyone really.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I'm in GOBlin and my character's name is Hamjuice Pigeonbosom. Feel free to send me friend invites if you're ever on that server!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Sweet I think I have a backup character there I was using for a while. I'm Duck Tective if you ever see a random weirdo send you a friend request. I almost never use that character though so it could be a bit before you see me. :P

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Gobolatula posted:

I'm in GOBlin and my character's name is Hamjuice Pigeonbosom. Feel free to send me friend invites if you're ever on that server!

https://twitter.com/Yelix/status/1164883642809769986?s=20

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

My FFIV experienced was crafting the perfect funny combo of character name and appearance, shifting through some tutorial quests I had to complete, and then walking backwards in a circle in the market area while other players followed me around and danced for me.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Paying 10$ to rename my cat girl bard to Cat Benatar was the best money I ever spent on a video game.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I have a retainer who's a little Lalafell dude with a huge pompadour named "Hard Mike," in case anyone was wondering about that situation.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Please ignore all these other posters and quite your job, divorce your wife, abandon your children, uninstall every program that isn't makecomic.exe and dedicate your life to providing me webcomic.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
When they finally get around to making another online FF my #1 request would be to support friends/guilds/linkshells across servers and data centers. This has been like the 6th time I’ve wanted to play with someone but couldn’t really do so because we weren’t on the same server and leaving wasn’t really an option. It’s an almost deal-breaking flaw in an otherwise great game and I’m kind of surprised it hasn’t been patched out yet.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Please ignore all these other posters and quite your job, divorce your wife, abandon your children, uninstall every program that isn't makecomic.exe and dedicate your life to providing me webcomic.

i mean, makecomic.exe is a really loving good program though

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Individual servers is one of those hangovers from the early days of MMOs when it was a massive hassle to send character.dat from one mainframe to another, and makes no sense in the golden age of streaming and clouds when I can get a high-quality snapshot from Mars faster than I can get a text message from next door.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Boo this man.

He should be naming more FF characters

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XxAZCfHnDs

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

It's BACK

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Katie is remains the objectively best character

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I love panel 4 so much

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, Katie's Persian?

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, Katie's Persian?
Yes.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, Katie's Persian?

Her family name is Tehrani, so we can presume whichever of her ancestors first bore that name came from Tehran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Is Katie a rug?