Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I've made a terrible financial decision, but a good entertainment decision; beware, phonepix.

https://imgur.com/a/j0MDXfF

I'm not usually a fan of silver but the GT metallic silver does look very good.

I talked to the dealer and he mentioned that the 718 GT4s were delayed until February/March.

They also had a GT2RS and a GT3 in the showroom and those are extremely good looking cars (and far out of my price range)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That is a fantastically bad decision that I hope you will enjoy the hell out of. If you do, the money you spent is well spent. What a great car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

RoyalScion posted:

I've made a terrible financial decision, but a good entertainment decision; beware, phonepix.

I talked to the dealer and he mentioned that the 718 GT4s were delayed until February/March.

They also had a GT2RS and a GT3 in the showroom and those are extremely good looking cars (and far out of my price range)

Hell yeah buddy, congrats.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

RoyalScion posted:

Sweet choice. A couple of friends of mine (who are a couple) have a GT3 and a GT4 and the GT3 owner (dude) says he honestly thinks the GT4 is better in a lot of practical situations (not excluding) their weekly autocross sessions.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
After getting involved in a minor car accident I'm now forced into the market for a new vehicle. I'm coming from a 2008 BMW 3 series sedan, of which I am the original owner, and because of it's age is being totalled by insurance because of the repair costs compared to the market value of the vehicle.

I've been looking hard at the Porsche Macan S for the last three weeks. I'm interested in a compact SUV/crossover/hot hatch - something more practical than a sedan but don't need the room of a full blown SUV. I normally wouldn't ever consider a Porsche but after much research apparently it's a very dependable brand, and in it's market the Macan is widely considered best-in-class, with the only downside being the price. Given that I kept my last car for 10 years I'm not opposed to spending a premium for something I'll use that long.

Given that, I'm considering custom ordering the Macan S from a dealership. The units on the lots have a lot of extras I'm not really interested in that drive the price way outside of my comfort zone. I think I've got a reasonable car build that emphasizes what I want and minimizes addons I'm not. I'd like to keep the price before negotiations to <$70k just for my own sanity.

2020 Macan S in Dolomite Silver Metallic
- Premium package (better sound system, heated seats, Apply CarPlay, dynamic lights)
- Standard interior, black/mojave beige
- Lane change assist
- Roof rails and transport system
- Heated steering wheel
- Smart phone compartment

The items I'm on the fence about are Adaptive Cruise Control (only for the breaking assist feature), Panoramic Sunroof, and the Air Suspension. I plan on playing around with at least the last two at the dealership tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts here? Any options I'm missing that I should consider?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ACC is awesome - like, period. Not sure why you only care about it for braking.

Pano sunroofs are a pain in the rear end. Skip it.

Air suspension is awesome and reliable, but potentially expensive if something goes wrong. Of course, I'm the idiot that runs rally sweep in my air suspension Cayenne and it's holding up just fine. Needed some replacement valves after last year, but that was my own fault for not getting the compressor intake properly attached to the air filter box.

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Nick Murray just did a video of his new Macan S talking about those features. Feature talk starts around 6 mins in if you don’t want to listen about the new colour stuff:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59BdxkI17dg

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Anti-Hero posted:

After getting involved in a minor car accident I'm now forced into the market for a new vehicle. I'm coming from a 2008 BMW 3 series sedan, of which I am the original owner, and because of it's age is being totalled by insurance because of the repair costs compared to the market value of the vehicle.

I've been looking hard at the Porsche Macan S for the last three weeks. I'm interested in a compact SUV/crossover/hot hatch - something more practical than a sedan but don't need the room of a full blown SUV. I normally wouldn't ever consider a Porsche but after much research apparently it's a very dependable brand, and in it's market the Macan is widely considered best-in-class, with the only downside being the price. Given that I kept my last car for 10 years I'm not opposed to spending a premium for something I'll use that long.

Given that, I'm considering custom ordering the Macan S from a dealership. The units on the lots have a lot of extras I'm not really interested in that drive the price way outside of my comfort zone. I think I've got a reasonable car build that emphasizes what I want and minimizes addons I'm not. I'd like to keep the price before negotiations to <$70k just for my own sanity.

- Premium package (better sound system, heated seats, Apply CarPlay, dynamic lights)
- Lane change assist
- Heated steering wheel

The items I'm on the fence about are Adaptive Cruise Control (only for the breaking assist feature), Panoramic Sunroof, and the Air Suspension. I plan on playing around with at least the last two at the dealership tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts here? Any options I'm missing that I should consider?

The ACC is ok if you like ACC, I didn't compared to regular CC. I had an SRT Jeep GC and it let you switch between adaptive and standard which I thought was far superior plus tons of torque/HP to make up for mis-adjustments by the system. My wife had a Macan S at the time and we used it for roadtrips and I didn't like it because the Macan cruise acceleration wasn't as aggressive and looked too far ahead no matter what range was set. I can't remember if we had the panoramic sunroof. Air suspension owned and was a must have especially combined with PASM. They work extremely well together and having the car be able to be an inch lower than the spring suspension was also a noticeable appearance improvement.

Strongly consider the 18 way sport seats because they are legit amazing and by far the best seats I've ever sat in. I'd consider them 2nd most important after premium. Next would be PASM, air suspension, then partial leather and heated wheel.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Sunroofs are cool but I don’t like them enough to deal with what happens if they might break or leak, but basically you should see what you and your wife think when you try the car.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Motronic posted:

ACC is awesome - like, period. Not sure why you only care about it for braking.

Pano sunroofs are a pain in the rear end. Skip it.

Air suspension is awesome and reliable, but potentially expensive if something goes wrong. Of course, I'm the idiot that runs rally sweep in my air suspension Cayenne and it's holding up just fine. Needed some replacement valves after last year, but that was my own fault for not getting the compressor intake properly attached to the air filter box.

Where I live there (Alaska) there isn't much opportunity for cruise control. The longest road trip I will typically take is <4 hours maybe twice a year, on windy roads where I wouldn't turn on that feature. The braking seems like a nice safety feature, though.

With the air suspension, does it keep the setting between car starts?

Slow Graffiti posted:

Nick Murray just did a video of his new Macan S talking about those features. Feature talk starts around 6 mins in if you don’t want to listen about the new colour stuff:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=59BdxkI17dg

Awesome, yeah I've watched Nick's videos including this one and the hour long one about all the Macan options. Those were immensely helpful in determining my build.

Jymmybob posted:

The ACC is ok if you like ACC, I didn't compared to regular CC. I had an SRT Jeep GC and it let you switch between adaptive and standard which I thought was far superior plus tons of torque/HP to make up for mis-adjustments by the system. My wife had a Macan S at the time and we used it for roadtrips and I didn't like it because the Macan cruise acceleration wasn't as aggressive and looked too far ahead no matter what range was set. I can't remember if we had the panoramic sunroof. Air suspension owned and was a must have especially combined with PASM. They work extremely well together and having the car be able to be an inch lower than the spring suspension was also a noticeable appearance improvement.

Strongly consider the 18 way sport seats because they are legit amazing and by far the best seats I've ever sat in. I'd consider them 2nd most important after premium. Next would be PASM, air suspension, then partial leather and heated wheel.

drat it's easy to see how these cars balloon in price. I think I'm considering the air suspension & PASM at this point from the features I listed.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Where I live there (Alaska) there isn't much opportunity for cruise control. The longest road trip I will typically take is <4 hours maybe twice a year, on windy roads where I wouldn't turn on that feature. The braking seems like a nice safety feature, though.

Ahhh, that makes sense then. It's definitely a highway feature.

Anti-Hero posted:

With the air suspension, does it keep the setting between car starts?

If the new ones work the same as mine, yeah. But if you have the suspension on "terrain height" (the one above "normal") it drops back to "normal" when you exceed 50 MPH, and "low" when you exceed - 85 or 90 I think. Other than that, whatever you have it set on persists re-starts. Including the shock setting - they are ferromagnetic and you can set it to "comfort", which is a bit soft and has more body roll than I'd like, "normal" which is just right in general, and "sport" which I actually only use when I'm towing something heavy - go figure.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Motronic posted:

If the new ones work the same as mine, yeah. But if you have the suspension on "terrain height" (the one above "normal") it drops back to "normal" when you exceed 50 MPH, and "low" when you exceed - 85 or 90 I think. Other than that, whatever you have it set on persists re-starts. Including the shock setting - they are ferromagnetic and you can set it to "comfort", which is a bit soft and has more body roll than I'd like, "normal" which is just right in general, and "sport" which I actually only use when I'm towing something heavy - go figure.

Wait, are you saying if in the low setting it will jack you back to "normal" once you exceed a speed threshold? Or is your example how the suspension steps through starting at "terrain height"?

Gonna head to the dealership shortly so I'll make sure to clarify with them.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Wait, are you saying if in the low setting it will jack you back to "normal" once you exceed a speed threshold? Or is your example how the suspension steps through starting at "terrain height"?

Gonna head to the dealership shortly so I'll make sure to clarify with them.

It will not go up to a higher setting, it only lowers if you are "too high" for your speed. So yeah, that example would be the steps from terrain height to 85/90 MPH. If you were already at low it would just stay there no matter what*.

* there is rumored to be a non-user-selectable height below low that it supposedly goes to at 120+ I have no experience with this.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Anti-Hero posted:

- Lane change assist
- Heated steering wheel

quote:

drat it's easy to see how these cars balloon in price. I think I'm considering the air suspension & PASM at this point from the features I listed.

FWIW, once my wife saw the panoramic sunroof she decided that was a must have for her. :v:

I'll say I regret not getting the air suspension in ours. Apparently it's great.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 28, 2019

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

FWIW, once my wife saw the panoramic sunroof she decided that was a must have for her. :v:

I shudder to think what a 10 year old pano sunroof that is in working condition and not leaking has taking in parts, labor and blood to remain that way.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Motronic posted:

* there is rumored to be a non-user-selectable height below low that it supposedly goes to at 120+ I have no experience with this.

Suuuuuuuure :v:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Thanks all for the advice!

The dealership had no units in stock with the air suspension, but with all your feedback I threw it on my build! I stayed away from the pano sunroof and the ACC.

A couple more questions.

1) Does anyone have experience with the standard 8-way seats? The dealership had nothing in stock with these as they exclusively buy the Premium Plus trim.
2) Any advice on a good negotiating starting position? I was thinking at least 5% for a custom order as they won't have to house it on the lot, or pay insurance on it. And if we get it done by Monday it can be on the 2019 books.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

poo poo no, not on BFG KO2s. There are more interesting ways to die.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Anti-Hero posted:

Thanks all for the advice!

The dealership had no units in stock with the air suspension, but with all your feedback I threw it on my build! I stayed away from the pano sunroof and the ACC.

A couple more questions.

1) Does anyone have experience with the standard 8-way seats? The dealership had nothing in stock with these as they exclusively buy the Premium Plus trim.
2) Any advice on a good negotiating starting position? I was thinking at least 5% for a custom order as they won't have to house it on the lot, or pay insurance on it. And if we get it done by Monday it can be on the 2019 books.

1. Sorry.
2. iirc I offered 5% and they accepted without too much trouble. I'm sure you could do better if you tried a few dealers.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I don't know anything about these seats but I also woudn't try to spec a new Porsche/other high-end "sportscar" without the good seats in order to save a couple thousand bucks over the course of a standard term if only because "Top tier car needs top tier accoutrements", and seats are huge in that value prop, and/or re-sale.

I'm constantly pleased that the PO of my M3 specced it to the tits.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I don't think it'll be too bad since it's a Macan and the base seats are still powered, if only 8-way rather than 14 way and otherwise I don't think there are any differences. That said, the better seats are only around $1700 so practically a bargain in Porsche terms :v:

Stuff like the GT cars having the LWBs probably has a lot of value (leave it to Porsche to have manual seats in a $90000 car)

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I think it's safer for me to spec the 14-way seats as I won't be able to demo the 8-ways.

Price tag is around $72k before negotiations :eyepop:

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Another data point, if this is not going to be a lease and you are able to do your own maintenance AND you like the idea of slow car fast, the base 2.0L engine paired with Sport Chrono is a fantastic combo.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Motronic posted:

poo poo no, not on BFG KO2s. There are more interesting ways to die.

I happened to ponder this quandary for a moment whereupon I realized I have done triple digits on KO2s in 3 separate vehicles, including one I currently own. You’ll be fine!

I’d be more concerned about driveshaft speeds in most KO2-equipped trucks at 120mph

Ahem. Carry on.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

McTinkerson posted:

Another data point, if this is not going to be a lease and you are able to do your own maintenance AND you like the idea of slow car fast, the base 2.0L engine paired with Sport Chrono is a fantastic combo.

Any more details on this? My wife does 30k miles a year commuting on hers. We're outside the warranty and plan on holding on to it for a while.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

My wife's daily is a '17 Base with only three options. PASM, Sport Chrono and the Premium Package for the 14 way seats and xenon headlights. (Technically 4 since you gotta have red seat belts). The 18 way sport seats have massive side bolsters which will get destroyed over time getting in and out.

It gets 8L/100km in the city using launch control at every red light and never leaves sport+ mode which borderline eliminates turbo lag. On the highway, we've seen 6.8L/100km.

Since it's a longitudinal inline 4 with a tiny little turbo, there is massive amounts of space in the engine bay. It uses standard $8 iridium spark plugs and VW/Audi $25 coil packs. Oil changes are $60. PASM dampers from Bilstein are $260 a piece. Brakes, rotors and SS lines are $800. The only thing we can't do is the PDK service every 60k km. That's $400.

There's so much room! Since it was meant to fit a V6TT.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

McTinkerson posted:

I won't be leasing - I'll own this car for hopefully 10 years at least.

I don't know about the 2.0L, something just doesn't shit right buying a Porsche with that engine. If that was on the table I'd probably look harder at the Audi Q5.

Has anyone used the PASM/Air suspension without the Sport Chrono package? As I understand it with sport chrono shifting to Sport or Sport+ will also affect the suspension stiffness with the PASM. I presume without the chrono, hitting Sport will do the same thing?

edit: lmao Freudian slip

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 30, 2019

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Anti-Hero posted:

I won't be leasing - I'll own this car for hopefully 10 years at least.

I don't know about the 2.0L, something just doesn't poo poo right buying a Porsche with that engine. If that was on the table I'd probably look harder at the Audi Q5.

Has anyone used the PASM/Air suspension without the Sport Chrono package? As I understand it with sport chrono shifting to Sport or Sport+ will also affect the suspension stiffness with the PASM. I presume without the chrono, hitting Sport will do the same thing?

We had PASM/Air without chrono. PASM is more related to the sport settings than chrono which basically only gets you Sport+ (and launch control) which is overkill when it's already right on the rough edge in sport. We always kept the suspension at the lowest setting and bounced between normal and sport according to mood.

Also the 18 way seat bolsters won't wear in any reasonable time. My wife put on almost 60k miles on hers with red leather and 18 way seats without any noticeable wear. They're really beefy so you don't get the wear and creases from the edges folding like on the big thin bolsters like a lot of sport seats. If you can fit in them, get em, they own.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I appreciate this feedback! Seems like my build I quote earlier, adding PASM & air suspension and the 14-way seats will fit all my needs while minimizing less important cost adders.

My dealership had no units with the 18 way seats and I've heard some mixed opinions on them here in the thread and in sites - best left off if I can't try them out.

If I can get a 5% discount on this config with the dealership I'd be pretty satisfied. I've got a family friend who does a lot of business with the Audi/Porsche dealership and he will get involved if the dealership doesn't offer a discount.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Finally sent my Spyder in to remove/replace the gross yellowed paint protection film that was installed in 2011. While it's there, they're going to do paint correction, clean up some wheel rash, and fill in the holes in the front bumper from the front plate. :toot:

Patro
Oct 17, 2003
Hi2u

Anti-Hero posted:

I appreciate this feedback! Seems like my build I quote earlier, adding PASM & air suspension and the 14-way seats will fit all my needs while minimizing less important cost adders.

My dealership had no units with the 18 way seats and I've heard some mixed opinions on them here in the thread and in sites - best left off if I can't try them out.

If I can get a 5% discount on this config with the dealership I'd be pretty satisfied. I've got a family friend who does a lot of business with the Audi/Porsche dealership and he will get involved if the dealership doesn't offer a discount.

What's up Macan S order buddy! I just put down an order on a car to replace my Corvette (kids need a seat and sick of using the fleet spec Ford company car as a crutch).

After adding volcano grey, 14 way seats, seat heaters, PSE, pano roof and some unnecessary black roof rails, painted side blades/lower rear it came in just under $70k. Best I could do locally in Colorado ended up being 6.5% off. It would have been nice to add more but after that it just feels like you're getting into a different model of car territory. The sunroof might end up being a pain but on a nice day with the roof and exhaust open I can't find a better kid hauler. Delivery date is in 4 more months. :ohdear:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Patro posted:

What's up Macan S order buddy! I just put down an order on a car to replace my Corvette (kids need a seat and sick of using the fleet spec Ford company car as a crutch).

After adding volcano grey, 14 way seats, seat heaters, PSE, pano roof and some unnecessary black roof rails, painted side blades/lower rear it came in just under $70k. Best I could do locally in Colorado ended up being 6.5% off. It would have been nice to add more but after that it just feels like you're getting into a different model of car territory. The sunroof might end up being a pain but on a nice day with the roof and exhaust open I can't find a better kid hauler. Delivery date is in 4 more months. :ohdear:

Congrats!

I still haven't placed an order. I have my build settled but I'm getting jerked around a bit by the dealership on the allocation slot. The GM was out of town last week and he is the only one with account permissions to check current allocations. He came back this week but has been hard to coordinate with. The SA I've been working with says they only have an April production slot, which means I wouldn't take delivery until June. They are actively looking to get a newer slot for me. I'm kind of surprised at how...laid back this dealership has been? I would expect there to be a little more hustle on their part. I guess I haven't been entirely explicit that I'm deadly serious about ordering the car, but I've been pretty clear that I need confirmation on the earlier production slot they can find before we proceed with talking turkey about price.

Is it true that one can place an order with any dealership they want and have it delivered to the local showroom? I'm tempted to do that if the local stays firm on an April production slot.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

Congrats!

I still haven't placed an order. I have my build settled but I'm getting jerked around a bit by the dealership on the allocation slot. The GM was out of town last week and he is the only one with account permissions to check current allocations. He came back this week but has been hard to coordinate with. The SA I've been working with says they only have an April production slot, which means I wouldn't take delivery until June. They are actively looking to get a newer slot for me. I'm kind of surprised at how...laid back this dealership has been? I would expect there to be a little more hustle on their part. I guess I haven't been entirely explicit that I'm deadly serious about ordering the car, but I've been pretty clear that I need confirmation on the earlier production slot they can find before we proceed with talking turkey about price.

Is it true that one can place an order with any dealership they want and have it delivered to the local showroom? I'm tempted to do that if the local stays firm on an April production slot.

I’m new to dealing with Porsche buying , but it seems to me that they know their cars will sell and are very blasé about trying to force a sale

At least the guy I dealt with seemed like he could care less and absolutely stuck to his price , he wanted to make the sale but was not going to go out of his way to do so

I just checked and the car I wanted is still sitting there at the same price he was firm on , 3 months later. So maybe the gambit doesn’t always pay off for them ?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I definitely felt the same way at two different porsche dealers - no pressure which was nice, but they almost seemed indifferent and wouldn’t drop a penny on a clearly way over market 997.2.
I also drove a Macan S - I didn’t personally find it to my liking, but holy hell do they have nice interiors and incredible seats.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
When we ordered ours we spent almost the entire time at one dealership and they gave me MSRP, a lovely trade-in 'estimate' that they wouldn't guarantee until we actually traded in at delivery, and a production slot 4 months later. I called another local dealership, gave them my configuration code on the drive over, then signed after 5 minutes with a couple percent under MSRP, like 20% higher trade-in with a fixed value, and 3 months build that turned out to actually be 2 months.

It's amazing the difference between dealers that I've never seen in other makes. Porsche Beachwood can suck a dick, Porsche North Olmsted is all cool dudes.

~~18 waaay seeaaaats~~

Patro
Oct 17, 2003
Hi2u

Jymmybob posted:

When we ordered ours we spent almost the entire time at one dealership and they gave me MSRP, a lovely trade-in 'estimate' that they wouldn't guarantee until we actually traded in at delivery, and a production slot 4 months later. I called another local dealership, gave them my configuration code on the drive over, then signed after 5 minutes with a couple percent under MSRP, like 20% higher trade-in with a fixed value, and 3 months build that turned out to actually be 2 months.

It's amazing the difference between dealers that I've never seen in other makes. Porsche Beachwood can suck a dick, Porsche North Olmsted is all cool dudes.

~~18 waaay seeaaaats~~

Yup I messaged 5 dealers with the configurator . Two were out of state willing to give discounts but not enough for the drive. One in Denver just flat out forgot to quote me even after calling and reminding him. Another in Denver (Prestige) that was arrogant enough to email back asking what "discount" (in quotes lol) I'm referring to because all their customers love to pay MSRP. He also told me that if I don't order right away it would end up being a 2021 model in October.

Then Porsche Colorado Springs who gave a good offer off the bat, good build time frame, no pressure for BS add-ons/fees, and offered a decent trade in amount too.

I get it - I'm not ordering some plastic surgeon specced out 911. But goddamn you'd think they would care somewhat about making some money on their bread and butter allocations too.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Patro posted:

Yup I messaged 5 dealers with the configurator . Two were out of state willing to give discounts but not enough for the drive. One in Denver just flat out forgot to quote me even after calling and reminding him. Another in Denver (Prestige) that was arrogant enough to email back asking what "discount" (in quotes lol) I'm referring to because all their customers love to pay MSRP. He also told me that if I don't order right away it would end up being a 2021 model in October.

Then Porsche Colorado Springs who gave a good offer off the bat, good build time frame, no pressure for BS add-ons/fees, and offered a decent trade in amount too.

I get it - I'm not ordering some plastic surgeon specced out 911. But goddamn you'd think they would care somewhat about making some money on their bread and butter allocations too.

I really try in my day to day life to NEVER judge a book by its cover

But when I was trying to make a deal with the Porsche sales guy, he was younger than me, nice suit, Rolex, and a couple obviously showy rings.

He gave me every indication of doing well enough to not need my sale, and his attitude was the final kicker to prove it.

Going forward I will do everything in my power to go to any other Porsche dealer, simply because he did sweet gently caress all to even TRY and earn my sale.

He also called me bro way too much, bro.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Blue On Blue posted:

But when I was trying to make a deal with the Porsche sales guy, he was younger than me, nice suit, Rolex, and a couple obviously showy rings.

He gave me every indication of doing well enough to not need my sale, and his attitude was the final kicker to prove it.

lol, you don't sell cars for a living if you can properly afford a new Porsche, and certainly not well enough to not need a sale. I doubt he was the owner's son who happened to be on the sales floor that day.

And to be clear, by "sell cars for a living" I mean the kind of low level person who takes ups not "I own a car dealership" kind of sells cars.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Motronic posted:

lol, you don't sell cars for a living if you can properly afford a new Porsche, and certainly not well enough to not need a sale. I doubt he was the owner's son who happened to be on the sales floor that day.

And to be clear, by "sell cars for a living" I mean the kind of low level person who takes ups not "I own a car dealership" kind of sells cars.

Indeed, he was a mid level sales guy, not the manager and not just started in the business

Also it's funny you mention being well off enough to buy one yourself, he kept asking me for a freebie (because of where I work, I am not even in a position in the company to give away free stuff)

So why in my right mind would I give this guy a freebie, when he won't even cut me 1% off his MSRP

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Blue On Blue posted:

Indeed, he was a mid level sales guy, not the manager and not just started in the business

The posturing of the sales idiots at some luxury car dealerships is loving hilarious. I suppose it's to "impress" the people who can't afford (but can qualify for the lease) for what they're selling.