Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That was years ago tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Real hurthling! posted:

That was years ago tho

Brady hasn't been good for years. They would've won just as much with Jimmy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

torgeaux posted:

How close in time was that reported before they traded Jimmy? Wouldn't surprise me it was to bump Jimmy's trade value.

It was only reported after, I think.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, 32 to 8 td to int ratio on 4500 yards?

He dropped below 100 Qb rating last year...all the way to a 97.

He's not an elite passer, but his football smarts and his management skills make him far better than good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, 32 to 8 td to int ratio on 4500 yards?

He dropped below 100 Qb rating last year...all the way to a 97.

He's not an elite passer, but his football smarts and his management skills make him far better than good.

Do you realize how QB friendly that offense is? He hasn't made a hard throw or taken a big hit this decade.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mcmagic posted:

Do you realize how QB friendly that offense is? He hasn't made a hard throw or taken a big hit this decade.

yeah anybody would be great in that unstoppable offense of turnstile linemen and street-level wide receivers

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Raku posted:

yeah anybody would be great in that unstoppable offense of turnstile linemen and street-level wide receivers

The players literally don't matter.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SYSTEM

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

So this is the latest hill you've decided to die on?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So this is the latest hill you've decided to die on?

I've been saying this same thing for years.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Yes, he is not an elite passer. It doesn't matter. He makes the throws he needs to make, he does not make mistakes, and he elevated mediocre receivers every day. He is well above "good" as a QB.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If there is one thing that mcmagic has had a consistent opinion on it's that the players in the Belichick system don't matter, including Brady.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
obviously the pats system is good but so is the kyle shanahan system. what i'm trying to say jimmy is also a fraud

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

Yes, he is not an elite passer. It doesn't matter. He makes the throws he needs to make, he does not make mistakes, and he elevated mediocre receivers every day. He is well above "good" as a QB.

Any decent QB, which Jimmy falls under, could meet that bar. Brady played horribly in the super bowl last year. It didn't matter. It never matters.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Tom Brady rules. I’d like to hug and kiss him. He’s good, and hell, he’s my teams quarterback. He has the same number of rings as the entire chat thread

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

Any decent QB, which Jimmy falls under, could meet that bar. Brady played horribly in the super bowl last year. It didn't matter. It never matters.

You really underestimate Brady, I think. If it were true, belichick would have traded him years ago.

But, this isn't one you will be able to provide any objective facts to support your position, and you decry any objective statistics as simply the result of a system, so there's really no need to carry this further.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

torgeaux posted:

You really underestimate Brady, I think. If it were true, belichick would have traded him years ago.

But, this isn't one you will be able to provide any objective facts to support your position, and you decry any objective statistics as simply the result of a system, so there's really no need to carry this further.

Belichick wanted to trade him and old rub n' tug Bob wouldn't let him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic is right yet again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Matt Cassel

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Exactly. With a different qb the team lost five more games in the regular season.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Brady Just Wins Games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hunt11 posted:

Exactly. With a different qb the team lost five more games in the regular season.

Matt Cassell is horrible and they still won 10 games with him. Jimmy is a lot better than him. I also think Belichick is a lot more ahead of the rest of the league then he was back then. That was a while ago.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Except the year after where he won fewer than Matt Cassel

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Wonder why nobody copies the magical Patriots offensive system that was invented in the 1970s and never mattered until they got Brady.

:thunk:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

People who think Brady doesnt matter are the same people who think Eagles wouldve won the Super Bowl with Soft Willed Wentz

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The argument shouldn't be Jimmy G Vs Brady, it should be Brissett Vs Brady. Pats really should have kept Brissett, but I don't think they were planing on trading Jimmy.

Also Cassel would have had 11 wins, but the loving wildcat offense confused "genius" Belichek.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

mcmagic is right yet again

As wrong as he is about the Jets, he's twice as right about the Patriots and always has been.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Phobeste posted:

Tom Brady rules. I’d like to hug and kiss him. He’s good, and hell, he’s my teams quarterback. He has the same number of rings as the entire chat thread

<----- Real undoctored footage of me kissing Thomas Edward Bradey on the mouth and lips.

as the famous Scott Zolak would say, "That's your quarterback!"

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Lmfao it never ends. Cashman has a bad shoulder injury.

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1189921621328506880?s=21

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
how many safeties do they have? tell them boys to start eating

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol they are gonna lose to the Dolphins.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nah, gonna be a shitload of suspicious all out blitzes, draws, long developing trick plays and inappropriate 4th down plays.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

lol they are gonna lose to the Dolphins.

At this point, wouldn't you rather see that? Increase the likely hood Gase is fired, screw up the Dolphins pick.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 31, 2019

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

At this point, wouldn't you rather see that? Increase the likely hood Gase is fired, screw up the Dolphins pick.

Yes, but it would also be funny and humiliating.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
For what it's worth...

The lowest possible number of combined wins for two teams in a division is 2 (ignoring ties). Since the league shifted to 4-team divisions in 2001, the lowest number of wins for the bottom two teams in a division is 5: Dolphins and Jets in 2007, and Titans and Jags in 2014.

Can the Dolphins and Jets beat their old record for dual-tanking?!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami won’t be outdone. Grier has been masterful at getting pick, I like the guys he’s brought in specifically the help with the draft (Mackenzie) and the coaching staff (Caldwell R.I.P.)

I just can’t believe they’d do something dumb and win a game right now

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think Miami can beat the Jets. Jets have no LBs all it will take is Fitzpatrick to get hot for them to win.

Don't worry about the draft pick the indignity inflicted on the Jets is worth it.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Drake has 123 yards in under 3 quarters. With limited time to learn their playbook.

Good to see, he was a good, team player with the fins, if a bit of an underperformer.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

pasaluki posted:

I think Miami can beat the Jets. Jets have no LBs all it will take is Fitzpatrick to get hot for them to win.

Don't worry about the draft pick the indignity inflicted on the Jets is worth it.

won't effect their draft

get gase fired by hanging 50 on him, lose the second game intentionally, let the bengals beat you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/1190030928820654080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I was always against trading Bell, but trading him to the Steelers and getting to watch Steelers fans having to do all sorts of mental gymnastics over it actually being some sort of long con by Pittsburgh to actually keep him would have been hiliarous.