Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is this the chud that is mad about negating his turn 40 revel in riches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Doltos posted:

gently caress I thought we were talking about Todd Stevens how many sex pests are there in MTG

poo poo, I didn't know about Todd Stevens.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Jarvisi posted:

Hypothetically if I were to buy a sleeve for charity which pony would enrage people the most to lose against?

Any of them. People who would get mad about losing to someone with pony sleeves isn't going to know enough about the characters to care about which one they lost to.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

This preview image is utterly horrible.

good luck in ICSA voting today

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

Any of them. People who would get mad about losing to someone with pony sleeves isn't going to know enough about the characters to care about which one they lost to.

But the one showing off its rear end especially.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

The Bramble posted:

But the one showing off its rear end especially.

And teferi as an avatar I think would be perfect

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
2.5 months until next set. Time to start hoarding gold.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

Hypothetically if I were to buy a sleeve for charity which pony would enrage people the most to lose against?

alternatively, consider donating the 4 dollars to a charity directly instead of giving Hasbro the money to use as a tax writeoff.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jarvisi posted:

People pay attention to opponents' sleeves in any capacity other than 'huh, shiny'?

Paul Zuvella posted:

alternatively, consider donating the 4 dollars to a charity directly instead of giving Hasbro the money to use as a tax writeoff.

But, this.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Finally hit Mythic for constructed just in time to get the extra pack before end of season. With a combo of Rakdos Aristocrats, Simic Flash, and minor experiments with Gruul Aggro and Mardu Knights, I apologize to anyone in the Bo1 queue that I annoyed with Simic Flash, it's nothing personal. It really just felt like the only deck that could handle the onslaught of Oko decks.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Anyone looking for a deck capable of dealing with Oko and decent against the rest of the meta should try this GW deck. Sjow is currently playing it at top Mythic and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

1 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
4 Edgewall Innkeeper (ELD) 151
4 Faerie Guidemother (ELD) 11
2 Flower // Flourish (GRN) 226
8 Forest (ELD) 269
4 Giant Killer (ELD) 14
4 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
4 Lovestruck Beast (ELD) 165
4 Once Upon a Time (ELD) 169
8 Plains (ELD) 253
4 Shepherd of the Flock (ELD) 28
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
2 Unbreakable Formation (RNA) 29
4 Venerated Loxodon (GRN) 30

3 Gideon Blackblade (WAR) 13
4 Glass Casket (ELD) 15
2 Knight of Autumn (GRN) 183
3 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
3 Veil of Summer (M20) 198

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eldraine limited without mill is so much fun I can't state this enough. What a fantastic set.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mill is cool and good

e; I have no idea what that draftable commander format is gonna be but please bring that to Arena thank you Wizards

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 31, 2019

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Did they get rid of the mill in limited or are you one of them old-fashioned physical players?

'cause last time I dared to do a draft I still got milled out. Despite activating a Midnight Clock.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think the draft bots change has worked because I'm running into way less mill decks. Plus I've learned to just rush them down with everything I've got.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It would be funny if they unbanned Field instead of banning Oko. Honestly I think the meta was maybe better with Field?

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sinteres posted:

It would be funny if they unbanned Field instead of banning Oko. Honestly I think the meta was maybe better with Field?

It wasn't

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It was bad with field before it would be bad with field without oko.

Though Field is 100% a card that could possibly get unbanned someday if they print cards that interact with lands in a meaningful way.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

The meta was definitely better with field but it wasn't good, just slightly less crappy. They both need to go.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Both metas were terrible but come on nothing was as bad as fields so far in MTG:A history. Even the Esper reign was more tolerable than non stop field decks. Oko is like the Sauron to fields' Melkor

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Though Field is 100% a card that could possibly get unbanned someday if they print cards that interact with lands in a meaningful way.

2R destroy target nonbasic land with escape, do it Wizards

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah, Field would have been very strong, but fine pre-rotation

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It wasn't a serious suggestion--I think they both deserve to be banned. I just think the game's been less fun to play since Field alone was banned. It could just be bad standard fatigue though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I always felt like I had a solid chance against Field after sideboarding. Most of the Oko variants (esp. Sultai) just get stronger in game 2-3.

When I go to game 2 I'm not changing much about my deck because I'm already mainboarding all my Oko hate, lmao.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Doltos posted:

Both metas were terrible but come on nothing was as bad as fields so far in MTG:A history. Even the Esper reign was more tolerable than non stop field decks. Oko is like the Sauron to fields' Melkor

I didn't feel this way at all. Whenever the best deck is a control deck, there's always ways to beat it. Oko decks win on T2, except they then take like 7 more turns of grind to finish you off. It's hell.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Counterpoint: Oko is far more prevalent in every format of Magic than Field is

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
They're gonna print something pushed that fuels its own escape cost, guaranteed. Some ridiculous creature that draws two ETB and self mills four on attack. Just wait.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I don't think nearly as many people were smashing concede when Field dropped as they are when Oko drops either.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sinteres posted:

the meta was more diverse with golos around but that was propped up by a lot of content creators showing off "this deck crushes golos!!!" decks that in reality had a 40% winrate against someone with a tuned sideboard.

currently the best deck is an even larger percentage of the meta and aggro has an even worse winrate against it so i guess things were better back then.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sinteres posted:

I don't think nearly as many people were smashing concede when Field dropped as they are when Oko drops either.

Field took a little longer to materialize and if you were playing a faster deck you MIGHT have a shot against it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I like seeing Oko decks now because my Doom Foretold deck has like 20 cards that directly kill it. People turn into the biggest bitches when they play multiple Oko and Nissa and realize they are still going to lose. Or it could just be my pony cards.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If I have any amount of Lucky Clovers in play and play an adventure, if I decline to trigger even one of the copies, the card fails to exile itself and goes to my graveyard instead. Is that correct rules behavior or should I go file a bug about it? It sure seems wrong.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

If I have any amount of Lucky Clovers in play and play an adventure, if I decline to trigger even one of the copies, the card fails to exile itself and goes to my graveyard instead. Is that correct rules behavior or should I go file a bug about it? It sure seems wrong.

there's no "may" in the card text. you get a copy whether you like it or not

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

CapnAndy posted:

What do you mean decline to trigger?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Does Oko only show up at higher ladder levels? I don't see it very often, but I also only just made it to platinum rank a few days ago and I still face a lot of starter decks.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

CapnAndy posted:

Here's what's happening (I'm assuming Murderous Rider is causing this). You're declining to choose new targets, you can't decline any copies triggering. Because you declined to choose a new target, the copy of Murderous Rider kills your target, then your original card fizzles because its target is gone.

This would also happen if you casted an Order of Midnight, Brazen Borrower, or any adventure that targets with Lucky Clover out and declined.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

qbert posted:

Here's what's happening (I'm assuming Murderous Rider is causing this). You're declining to choose new targets, you can't decline any copies triggering. Because you declined to choose a new target, the copy of Murderous Rider kills your target, then your original card fizzles because its target is gone.
Him and Brazen Borrower, yeah, who has similar non-optional text.

That actually makes sense.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Does Oko only show up at higher ladder levels? I don't see it very often, but I also only just made it to platinum rank a few days ago and I still face a lot of starter decks.

Honestly there's more Oko in free play than Platinum. Every time I go up a few points with Doom Foretold I'll run into the Gruul or Cavalcade top 8 decks. I have a chance to beat Gruul if I can slap Oath of Kayas on the 3 Zur Ta Goblins they always have in their opening hand, Cavalcade on the other hand has too much firepower to last 4 turns against.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I think that what this lesson has taught us is that if a deck is 50% of the field and another deck is like 30% of the field, then banning the 50% deck into oblivion wont magically balance your format it will just make the 30% deck jump to 70%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Maybe they shouldn't print three mana planeswalkers that are better than every 5 mana planeswalker ever printed.