Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I fiddled with my controls and did a bit better, but it's hard to really learn and improve when the matchmaking, quitters, and spawns turbofuck you match after match.

Also dicking around with the gunsmith in private mode is fun, you can make some extremely goofy poo poo. Sleight of hand on the pump shotgun has you rolling the gun onto your shoulder and shoving in a fistful of shells like John Wick :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

This game made $600 million in three days https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191030005376/en/

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The MP5 is filthy good on like, every TDM map except piccadilly. The thing seems super accurate and controllable for a CoD SMG

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The MP5 is filthy good on like, every TDM map except piccadilly. The thing seems super accurate and controllable for a CoD SMG

Yeah I was loving with it tonight, feels drat good on Petrograd when things start to favor you for a moment. Pretty neat that you can swap the barrel out for the MP5SD variant, too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

God I'm sick of every assault rifle being able to outsnipe the actual marksmen rifles on full auto. Make the bolt action gun 1 hit kill if you're gonna ARs unrealistically dumb.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

banned from Starbucks posted:

Make the bolt action gun 1 hit kill

It is.
Ask me how I know. :zaeed:

(Hint: I'm not Zaeed)

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I've been leveling up the UZI but I still don't feel it.I like its speed but it seems I have to be in shotgun range to win a duel.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

and the shotgun will kill you faster from further.

welcome to the game :O

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I’m hoping they really spend time with this one, if they could fix the balance and spawns a bit it’ll go from a good COD to maybe even a great one.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

God I'm sick of every assault rifle being able to outsnipe the actual marksmen rifles on full auto. Make the bolt action gun 1 hit kill if you're gonna ARs unrealistically dumb.

The big snipers are one hit kills, but yeah the markesmen rifles seem to be in a bad place when you need to hit people with (barring headshots) two excruciatingly slow shots in the same span of time as a fully automatic rifle dumps 20 in your chest

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I've never understood how they were able to balance MW2 perfectly and then never do it again. The FN2000 was the only lovely gun, and everything else was busted as poo poo in it's own special way and it was the balance version of that simpsons scene of trying to push the germs through the door.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Yeah sadly the only good dmr is the cowboy gun and you have to be able to twitch click on the upper chest and head area to get anywhere with it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I've never understood how they were able to balance MW2 perfectly and then never do it again. The FN2000 was the only lovely gun, and everything else was busted as poo poo in it's own special way and it was the balance version of that simpsons scene of trying to push the germs through the door.

Wat lol

I remember clearing out servers as a marathon/lightweight/commando stabman

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

MW2 was fun because so much of it was unbalanced. There's too much meta bullshit in MP games nowadays so having fun can be a lot harder.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Part of the fun was that maps and playercounts were a bit more intimate so you wouldn't get killed by the 4 guys standing in the corners of the room. It was usually only one.

No love for dual 1887's though?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The maps being porous like a sponge doesn't help too. Instead of there being a few directions enemies could be coming from there's 500 and they can all see you.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

How many times do you think people can realistically get shot by an AR?

im just trollin

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Protocol7 posted:

No love for dual 1887's though?

They were fun as hell to use, but also incredibly overpowered before they got nerfed

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I decided to play WW2 Time Travel soldier with the Nagant, a knife, molotovs and smoke.

It's not particularly good, but putting people down with a clunky bolt action rifle feels delicious especially with the ragdoll effects.

I have no mods on the gun right now but I'm hoping it eventually gets a bayonet...

------

A question: using the extra lethal equipment perk, is there any way to detonate the first C4, or are you forced to throw both before you can whip out the clacker? I've tried tapping and holding and nothing seems to work. I get killed waiting for that second bundle to toss where I could have blown a dude sky high.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 31, 2019

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

On PS4 it's toss with R1, detonate by double tapping SQUARE. So you don't have to throw your second one before detonating the first one.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

By far my favorite feature so far is that I have a green icon on weapons for a new item but I cannot find any new gun, attachment or customization anywhere. I'm going to lose my mind

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MW2 was fun because you could run and gun and still dominate. Dual 1887’s, dual raffika’s, care package grenade running, etc was so much fun. Just wildly sprinting around the map destroying everyone.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RCarr posted:

MW2 was fun because you could run and gun and still dominate. Dual 1887’s, dual raffika’s, care package grenade running, etc was so much fun. Just wildly sprinting around the map destroying everyone.

Remember having to run like hell from anyone you saw who had a javelin out? Fun times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

codo27 posted:

By far my favorite feature so far is that I have a green icon on weapons for a new item but I cannot find any new gun, attachment or customization anywhere. I'm going to lose my mind

It's probably for something you didn't unlock yet.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Not saying there aren’t issues but man this really is the best CoD in loving forever. It’s going to take me a while to learn (thx for the tips y’all) but I’m right back to that MW1/MW2 feeling. It’s a perfect mix of those games plus something totally different. Maps are fantastic if a bit big and overwhelming. That should change as I get more familiar with them. Pulling back from the rushing and double jumping off walls and stupid halfassed scifi guns and dumb camo everywhere was the best choice. I ended up feeling so disconnected from the maps. You can get that anywhere anyway, not that I didn’t enjoy that era of CoD for what it was. This feels great though. It’s a pace that seems balanced just right for what I’m wanting in a shooter nowadays. I don’t want to sit on my rear end planning out crazy tactical moves and while high paced chaos is fun I haven’t found much of it appealing lately, at least not in the games I’ve tried.

If they go back and sort out the sound it will be even better. Sound is just as important as visuals in any game so it should be key but we really don’t need these elephant stomping screaming shootmans around every corner. It’s a bit silly. Camping, I don’t know. I’m not bothered. It seems to be about the same as when I would randomly get popped by someone wallrunning around a corner before. I would probably prefer the “okay time to figure out how to get in there and gently caress em up” approach anyway. Just me though.

ed balls balls man
Apr 17, 2006
To me it feels a little bit slowed down compared to the last one I played (advanced warfare) which is perfect.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
This might be the first cod ever where they actually got good gun sounds. Is this the opposite timeline? Even the weapon manipulation sounds like reloading and working the bolt sound amazing.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I wouldn't mind people holding doors so much if people actually played objective in objective modes, but people generally don't. You'll get games of domination where you'll win because the other team has been sitting in a corner around A the entire game and you'll get games where you'll lose because your team is doing it regardless of how hard you push.

Cyberattack is good tho

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sultan Tarquin posted:

This might be the first cod ever where they actually got good gun sounds. Is this the opposite timeline? Even the weapon manipulation sounds like reloading and working the bolt sound amazing.

It feels like someone went in to the sound department with a bunch of copies of bad company 2, threw them down, and yelled “DO THAT!” before storming out of the room. It owns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The amount of TDM marches ending because of the time limit says a loving lot about the state of this game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sultan Tarquin posted:

This is still blowing my mind. The game sounds fantastic, big step up from the last game. A huge reason why BF always felt so good to play was the sound design. If this turns into a bit of an audio war back and forth between franchises then yes plz let’s do this asap. IW seems to want to capture all the satisfying little details of engaging with your equipment in game. Environmental sounds seem great too.

Anyone know if they’ve talked about their sound improvements anywhere?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The amount of TDM marches ending because of the time limit says a loving lot about the state of this game.

:v: "Let's just make every map twice as large as Ghosts for the same player counts as normal, people will love that!"

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yeah thats why i cant play 10v10, too much walking after respawn considering how easily death happens

in 6v6 you spawn right around the corner and are in danger after taking 5 steps

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

And it's still broken as hell and unplayable for a ton of people on PC.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Only on some maps. I main a silenced MP5 in most competitive games and people are usually pretty shocked at how many battles that gun can win, even from range. Put the mini reflex, rubberized grip, and the monolithic suppressor on that thing and just go hog wild

Did the mp5 get nerfed earlier this week?

I feel like i was getting some crazy good kills when i first started using it, and now that its leveled up and has attachments, I'm finding I'm having to put an OBSCENE amount of bullets into some targets to get kills

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Black Griffon posted:

I do think increasing the amount of non-lethals you spawn with could maybe gently caress with close quarter campers a bit. All of them could be used to ferret out the fuckers when used efficiently.

Also, MW2 chat: Once on Favela I was stuck with a full stack of cool clan tag guys on one side and a rapidly diminishing team on my side. Obviously that didn't go so well, until it was just me left, and I switched to my
K N I F E
B U I L D
I was unstoppable, practically flying around the match like an alien from Alien. Match ended with me owning them like a god and them ragequitting. Best moment of my pvp career.

Stuns or flashbangs can gently caress them up pretty good.

I legit love my Knife Build.

Like...

I may go 15 and 16, so not much of a k/d, but every one of those kills is so fun and EXCITING! Lol.

I love it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

9mm rounds for the M4. Better/worse? Any thoughts? I just unlocked them.

From my experience, it makes it a laser with no recoil.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What audio settings are people using for headphones? Why in the gently caress did they remove the headphones preset? ugh

I hope they add a bf-type rush mode to ground war, and bump it to 100+ people I need some proper chaos

kri kri fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 31, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

kri kri posted:

What audio settings are people using for headphones? Why in the gently caress did they remove the headphones preset? ugh

I hope they add a bf-type rush mode to ground war, and bump it to 100+ people I need some proper chaos

I think boost, boost high and boost low are the old headphone presets. No I don't know why they changed their names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Remember having to run like hell from anyone you saw who had a javelin out? Fun times.

I started playing the week before that got patched. I legit thought they were just the game’s version of suicide vests.

God do I miss Javelin multi-kills on Dom points. Rare but delicious