Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Dolphin posted:

i just mow whatever grows.

Same. I don't seed, fertilize, use weedkiller, or water. But whatever grows has gotta be mowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I mow the leaves with my big ride-on mower and then dump the pile in my neighbours yard.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

central dogma posted:

Same. I don't seed, fertilize, use weedkiller, or water. But whatever grows has gotta be mowed.

my yard is mostly clover, wild strawberry, and dandelion. Pretty cool having an edible front yard.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I got pin worms as a kid from playing in the leaves and sticking my idiot fingers in my mouth. gently caress leaves

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

I mow the leaves with my big ride-on mower and then dump the pile in my neighbours yard.
At least you know how your neighbor will kill you.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How are you supposed to blow 'em if you can't put them in your mouth?!? Some bad advice itt

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Dregs posted:

My neighborhood frowns on it too. gently caress 'em.

My house is basically made to ignite if anything hot lands on it and it has a small yard, so I'm not gonna roll those dice.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Typically we have 40 loads of a large John Deere trailer to make about three burns. Each about 10 feet high and equal width. It’s a pyro dream. I live in the sticks so it’s ok. What’s the alternative, drive them 50 miles to a landfill or compost pile? With a tiny trailer lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I compost my leaves op and I've got 5 100+ year old live oaks

What should I do about the acorns tho goddamn

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

KakerMix posted:

I compost my leaves op and I've got 5 100+ year old live oaks

What should I do about the acorns tho goddamn

I wish I had the space to compost. Are the trees in color now? Pix?

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001
Still not convinced about the lawnmowing thing and want to bag your leaves? Pro tip: your lawnmower has a bag attachment for clippings. Just suck them up like you're vacuuming in your house.

Also, don't bag them, dump them on a tarp and haul them away on that because you're still gonna dump them somewhere to compost them, just elsewhere, right? Right?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
The apartment where I live pays people to use leaf blowers for like 2 hours every weekday keeping leaves off the sidewalk, but nobody uses the sidewalks except to get to their cars so its just designed to wake you up at 8am every day gently caress its so annoying.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Pickwick High posted:

If you mow the leaves then you can't walk through them like a big kid. Consider that

*Releases about 40 venomous snakes in Pickwick Highs yard*

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Bad part is when the grass stops growing and the mower can't use the compost setting properly

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The idiots in Oregon urban areas blow the leaves off the sidewalk into the street and if that doesnt get cleaned up the drains get clogged and our roads flood. Bunch of loving geniuses over here.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

central dogma posted:

All the poo poo people do to have those pristine lawns that look like green carpets is terrible for the environment and the grasses people put on thier lawns are kind of like an invasive species.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GeekTheMage posted:

Still not convinced about the lawnmowing thing and want to bag your leaves? Pro tip: your lawnmower has a bag attachment for clippings. Just suck them up like you're vacuuming in your house.

Also, don't bag them, dump them on a tarp and haul them away on that because you're still gonna dump them somewhere to compost them, just elsewhere, right? Right?

The John Deere attachment costs like $800 for my tractor, gently caress that for once a year use. And lol at hauling a load of leaves on a tarp. You fool. You rich, inept idiot.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1189921236274548737?s=19

Here is my picture. Notice how there are no leaves.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CPL593H posted:

All the poo poo people do to have those pristine lawns that look like green carpets is terrible for the environment and the grasses people put on thier lawns are kind of like an invasive species.

Okedokee let’s see the pix!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’d post my au natural backyard but it’s dark.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

I’d post my au natural backyard but it’s dark.

So, in six hours it’s light?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No in 6 hours it’s midnight probably still dark

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bird with big dick posted:

No in 6 hours it’s midnight probably still dark

Got it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

So, in six hours it’s light?
this is my lawn

there, i've shown you mine, lets see yours

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dolphin posted:

this is my lawn

there, i've shown you mine, lets see yours

That’s a remodel or some poo poo, and it’s got grass, and no username. Wtf

E don’t toy w Burt I swear

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

food court bailiff posted:

my trees are diseased and if i leave the fungus-infused leaf litter on the ground the infection will spread, OP, what you are suggesting is pretty irresponsible and maybe you should be a more functional and productive adult so other people doing chores in the morning doesn't send you into a frothing rage you have to post about online

where do you live and what types of trees? i want to know more about taking care of trees. idgaf about leaves otherwise

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

That’s a remodel or some poo poo, and it’s got grass, and no username. Wtf

E don’t toy w Burt I swear
i took it earlier today i can't exactly do a username in the dark

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dolphin posted:

i took it earlier today i can't exactly do a username in the dark

Explain the grass that is oddly out of frame yet most of your not dug up stumps.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Burt Sexual posted:

I wish I had the space to compost. Are the trees in color now? Pix?

Southern "live" oaks are evergreens in that they don't have a leaf-drop cycle. They just kinda drop them as the year goes on. What they DO seasonally drop is goddamn acorns, which is happening right now. In the spring we get little tassels that spew forth so much pollen, sheets of yellow powder.

It's dark now but if you wanna see big ol' trees then by golly you'll see some big old trees. Tomorrow!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Explain the grass that is oddly out of frame yet most of your not dug up stumps.
that's my neighbor's yard. and that's chunks of asphalt that i keep for nourishment

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's dark but i did my best to corroborate

i'm going to mow the leaves tomorrow to help the grass

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dolphin posted:

that's my neighbor's yard. and that's chunks of asphalt that i keep for nourishment

Post your yard. Dumb rear end.

KakerMix posted:

Southern "live" oaks are evergreens in that they don't have a leaf-drop cycle. They just kinda drop them as the year goes on. What they DO seasonally drop is goddamn acorns, which is happening right now. In the spring we get little tassels that spew forth so much pollen, sheets of yellow powder.

It's dark now but if you wanna see big ol' trees then by golly you'll see some big old trees. Tomorrow!

Gotcha. My neighbor has huge pine trees that drop yellow sperm over my kids cars and my yard/driveway every spring?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Post your yard. Dumb rear end.

Gotcha. My neighbor has huge pine trees that drop yellow sperm over my kids cars and my yard/driveway every spring?
the grass is my neighbor, the square.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dolphin posted:

the grass is my neighbor, the square.

Jesus by pms, or wait till sunlight son.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Okedokee let’s see the pix!

Here it be.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The lawn in the back of my apartment building is approximately 10x15 feet and has no less than 6 sprinklers for it.

Why.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Chinatown posted:

The lawn in the back of my apartment building is approximately 10x15 feet and has no less than 6 sprinklers for it.

Why.

because half of them are usually broken or aimed at the sidewalk

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CPL593H posted:

Here it be.

Lol so you have a normal sized yard with grass and weeds. Nice job dude tho.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol so you have a normal sized yard with grass and weeds. Nice job dude tho.

What was I supposed to have? The front yard looks a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CPL593H posted:

What was I supposed to have? The front yard looks a lot worse.

A dust bowl of nothingness like goons itt are portending to have.