Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

okay but you’re going to have to buy an Aston Martin
I will buy a very ugly but incredibly rare car so people know I'm not about style over substance

I'm thinking fiat multipla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

pram posted:

actually theyre another nail in apples coffin - yospos

the coffin is all nails by now

qirex posted:

I will buy a very ugly but incredibly rare car so people know I'm not about style over substance

I'm thinking fiat multipla

like this one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopnik.com/what-we-can-infer-about-apples-car-plans-from-the-one-c-1758772950/amp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nah this one [only rare in the us]

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

qirex posted:

the desired endgame of every tech company is a $100+ apple/amazon/epic/riot/ea/ubi bill at the end of the month, agnostic of actual customer usage

the planet fitness model

i can't wait until it's required to visit an apple store to cancel my icloud storage subscription

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

teaming up with goldman sachs helps too

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i can't wait until it's required to visit an apple store to cancel my icloud storage subscription

thankfully that's illegal in california

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

qirex posted:

the desired endgame of every tech company is a $100+ apple/amazon/epic/riot/ea/ubi bill at the end of the month, agnostic of actual customer usage

I’m sure there’s people doing double that number already. We’re exactly back at cable tv. Netflix, Apple Music, Disney+, Spotify would put you at $100 or near enough. add in Xbox/PS and Arcade or any other service and the number climbs quickly.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I'm glad tim finally showed enough bravery to include a usb-c to lightning cable with the airpods pro

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Vomik posted:

I'm glad tim finally showed enough bravery to include a usb-c to lightning cable with the airpods pro

i wonder if the new mac pro will have 10 usb-c ports and nothing else

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well why not posted:

I’m sure there’s people doing double that number already. We’re exactly back at cable tv. Netflix, Apple Music, Disney+, Spotify would put you at $100 or near enough. add in Xbox/PS and Arcade or any other service and the number climbs quickly.

if you’re going to compare stuff to cable, you should probably only include video services in your tally instead of making half of it music for some reason (and video games are right out), and vastly over representing the cost. what kind of person subscribes to both apple music and spotify?

you’re not even wrong, really, you just literally picked the worst examples possible for your point. cbs, hulu, espn, mlb.tv, the-nba-service, and amazon all speak to the balkanization of streaming video and the fact that, yeah, it’s pretty much the same as cable if you want all of them

but “for the price of my cable bill I get music and video games and tv on demand and without ads, and also it’s actually like $35 a month, not $100” isn’t a very compelling complaint, you know?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah I getsya. bad examples but I think everyone got the point.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fair, fair

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/marcoarment/status/1189900216964722688

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

works 4 me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I got the background downloads bug

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

pram posted:

new chrome update added this awful loving mouseover to tabs. wtf??!!!!

Chome on a Mac :wth:

r u ready to WALK posted:

I bought a new book, hope you guys are ready to finally have some great games for the macintosh

After Dark for PC during Windows 3.x was mega ownage, I can only imagine the Mac version.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Hed posted:

After Dark for PC during Windows 3.x was mega ownage, I can only imagine the Mac version.

the Mac version was amazing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

There's still a version of flying toasters available for both Mac and windows

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
just make scroll bars visible by default on all platforms apple ffs

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
is there any obvious reason they rushed xcode 13.2 out so much? in addition to the ios bugs, it came out a few days before the version of xcode that supports it which was pretty weird

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
your operating system vendor is a piece of poo poo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lol everything about this

6" 3 million pixel screen to display 21 words and theres still no space

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

poty posted:

just make scroll bars visible by default on all platforms apple ffs

Breakfast All Day posted:

6" 3 million pixel screen to display 21 words and theres still no space

🤔

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i agree that this particular screen is designed wrong but visible scrollbars would help in many places

all iphones are huge now so its not like theres no space for it

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

poty posted:

i agree that this particular screen is designed wrong but visible scrollbars would help in many places

all iphones are huge now so its not like theres no space for it

visible scrollbars are so last century

the future is using your phone like a game show and getting lucky when you discover what's behind door number three

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

lol did they fix this by removing it? I setup AirPods pro last night and I never saw this screen

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

now I’m deathly worried I’m not getting a good ear seal. I need some machine learning in my life

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Vomik posted:

lol did they fix this by removing it? I setup AirPods pro last night and I never saw this screen

you get to it under bluetooth -> tap the i icon on the airpod pro -> ear fit test

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

the Mac version was amazing

mac os was so loving bad the only thing mac users had to get excited about was a lovely screen saver.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
appletv+ has a dozen shows. lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

appletv+ has a dozen shows. lol

give us the bundle tim

i might watch "for all mankind" if it came free with my icloud storage but lmao at signing up for a separate service offering such a meager library

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
i got the pleasure of typing on a 2018 mbp today. lol.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

give us the bundle tim

i might watch "for all mankind" if it came free with my icloud storage but lmao at signing up for a separate service offering such a meager library
sorry: it has 9 shows with 3 coming soon

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

sorry: it has 9 shows with 3 coming soon

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its not worst-in-class and overpriced, its premium

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

tim is not good at the human factor only number

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

android has such a lead on apple in literally every category it isn't even funny anymore

stop buying apple poo poo

ufarn
May 30, 2009
stupid keyboard aside, apple seems a lot like microsoft in the sense that their products are pretty decent as long as you don't install an update that's less than a month old so they've ironed out all the bugs

at least apple tv is stll usable

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
android is more of a joke than carry on then's posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what if random combinations of things were broken, but different on every device and os version? you could pick and choose what maybe works or doesn't

that's the android promise